2008.11.25 Court Hearing Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The State is withholding evidence from Baez by playing 3 card monty with the reports and documents. Shameful. This judge is weak, he should be all over the State to produce the documents without Baez having to file Motions to Compel. There is no reason for any attorney to have to continue to file Motions to get requested information to which they are entitled!

How dare them show up with CD's and not turn them over until they are paid another $980 when the last batch of documents for which Baez was charged $1,450, were not responsive to the request! I am appalled that the judge is letting the State play these games.
Baez requested ALL the TIPS from the state, it is not their job to decide which ones would be important to Baez. Why should Baez get the documents for free, just because it is a high profile case? I don't think so, he needs to pay just like everyone else!
We don't have it, someone else does.
We just gave it to him before this hearing. (TOO LATE!!)
We haven't seen it.
We can't get it.
You have no jurisdiction over this Your Honor.
We are so busy we just can't get to this yet.
When information comes in, it may take days to get to my desk. WHAT!!!!!!!!!
blah, blah, blah

Why not just give the man the requested documents and act like professionals? Why must the State wait until the judge tells them YET again to turn over documents? What is the point of gamesmanship here?
This is normal for parties to go before the judge to get documents, also if you listen closely some of the motions didn't need to even be filed if Baez really knew what he was doing.
If I were Baez, I would be screaming!
:boohoo:
The State is using stalling tactics - ask yourselves why.
You need to understand this in no different then any other case, they all end up in front of the judge with motions to compel. Defense thinks they are entitled to anything and everything and they want it yesterday.
Even the worst of my secretaries can copy 5,000 documents in a few hours. Baez didn't ask for the documents to be formatted to CD's. He just needs copies!!

BS! BS! BS! that they can't copy the calendar. One word: Kinko's!
Work product, if Baez wants to see the calendar then he has to depose Detective Edwards and Detective Edwards will bring the calendar to the depo.
I am about to go down there and give Baez a hand.

No one is going to convince me that the State does not have copies of photos of the hair slides in their files.
The state usually doesn't get copies until close to the time of trial.

Sleezy prosecutors.
Not sleazy, this is how cases go, like the judge said, they are not living in Mayberry. Not the only case they have.

JMHO

My response is in blue above

I haven't been able to follow this very closely today - major crisis with my older daughter who has decided to move home from Orlando this week - it's tough out here she tells me <sigh> wish she would have listened to me in the first place

ANYWAYS - I just read this quote from Baez and it boils my blood!
I don&#8217;t think you should gamble with the life of a child on strategies,&#8221; he said. &#8220;The fact is they haven&#8217;t found her. They don&#8217;t know where she is. They don&#8217;t know what happened to her, so they should constantly be looking for her.&#8221; From the WESH site

This is what REALLY ticks me off - LE hasn't found Caylee - well then GET CASEY OFF HER LAZY ARSE AND TELL LE WHERE SHE IS!!!!

Okay I feel better, a little - we wouldn't have to keep looking for Caylee is Casey would talk!

The State is withholding evidence from Baez by playing 3 card monty with the reports and documents. Shameful. This judge is weak, he should be all over the State to produce the documents without Baez having to file Motions to Compel. There is no reason for any attorney to have to continue to file Motions to get requested information to which they are entitled!

How dare them show up with CD's and not turn them over until they are paid another $980 when the last batch of documents for which Baez was charged $1,450, were not responsive to the request! I am appalled that the judge is letting the State play these games.

We haven't seen it.
We can't get it.
blah, blah, blah

Why not just give the man the requested documents and act like professionals? Why must the State wait until the judge tells them YET again to turn over documents? What is the point of gamesmanship here?

Even the worst of my secretaries can copy 5,000 documents in a few hours. Baez didn't ask for the documents to be formatted to CD's. He just needs copies!!

No one is going to convince me that the State does not have copies of photos of the hair slides in their files.

Sleezy prosecutors.

JMHO

I totally agree with you DotsEyes.

Respectfully snipped.

I have to agree with you that the hearing went well for the Defense as a whole. I don't think it helped polish up JB's image, though, as he still came off as very unprofessional. However, as they say in the world of sports, a "W" is a "W" no matter how ugly it may be, and you can't deny that JB is getting the results he wants.

I think JB has a different "style" if you will, but I think he is very professional and he certainly did his homework. And I agree that he is getting the results he is going for. I think he called out the prosecution today....and I'm sure that Strickland, while he can't say it in court, sees some of the games being played by prosecution.

YAY! is right! I do not see where LE and Prosecution can get away with releasing all the information they did -and then decide they want everyone to shut up, so there are not two sides of this case.

Just like Baez said....the don't want to play anymore. LOL

From an article on Wftv, channel 9

)
http://www.wftv.com

The defense team tried their best to speed up the process of obtaining evidence, but seemed bogged down by their own motions, at times seeming to not understand what they were arguing about in court.

Hope the link works...

From an article on Wftv, channel 9

)
http://www.wftv.com

The defense team tried their best to speed up the process of obtaining evidence, but seemed bogged down by their own motions, at times seeming to not understand what they were arguing about in court.

Hope the link works...

Thank you for thr link, Paintr!

Great analysis by whomever wrote that comment!

I don't think they were trying to "get away" with anything and Baez was free to release whatever he wanted. It isn't their fault he had nothing!!

"Baez was free to release whatever he wanted"

But according to prosecution, they are saying he wasn't which is why they want a gag order. I personally feel that Baez does have a good case and has been doing his best to defend his client in the media eye without revealing his cards so to speak.

I think the Pros did well, JB looks lost and is confused about the evidence he wants.

And all for free.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

We haven't seen it.
We can't get it.
blah, blah, blah

Sleezy prosecutors.

JMHO

My favorite parts were when Baez looked like an incompetent and ignorant
"lawyer" (LOL LOL) and had the judge keep shutting him up....not to mention CA, as well !!! YAAAAAAY !!!!

I felt that while Baez might have a different type of style...he is still professional and is getting the results he wants. I thought that he was well prepared for this hearing.

And I can't comment on CA as I did not see that part.

I cannot believe how Baez wants everything done for him for free.

My favorite part was when Baez made a suggestion to the court that next time he'll just go to the sheriff's office or wherever and copy the docs himself. Judge says- that's what Chap. 119 is all about. Hope Baez realizes there is a charge for copies in that case also. Oh....and Baez said he had a team of 40 people ready and staffed to go through the tips. Wonder where they came from and how they are getting paid.

Repectfully snipped:

I think that Baez was referring to the sighting reports. IIRC he bascially said he paid $1400 for psychic reports and people calling in tips to the Sheriffs office on where they should look. He did not receive the actual "sighting" tips which is what he wanted.

We haven't seen it.
We can't get it.
blah, blah, blah

Sleezy prosecutors.

JMHO

I agree totally. I also think that Judge Strickland can see what is going on here. I thought it went well for defense today.

I agree totally. I also think that Judge Strickland can see what is going on here. I thought it went well for defense today.

Uh, huh... JB didn't want to do any of the work, nor did he want to pay his fair share for the information. He doesn't know how to contact the FBI and request information and he doesn't know what he's talking about most of the time...

Yup... went real well for the defense... can't wait to see what happens next... :confused:

Respectfully snipped:

I think that Baez was referring to the sighting reports. IIRC he basically said he paid $1400 for psychic reports and people calling in tips to the Sheriffs office on where they should look. He did not receive the actual "sighting" tips which is what he wanted.

They were in there as well. It's not the states job to sift through it all and pick out what may be of interest to the defense. If they didn't hand over everything he would have accused them of with holding evidence.

I know personally that bogging down the other side with discovery materials is very common.

I felt that while Baez might have a different type of style...he is still professional and is getting the results he wants. I thought that he was well prepared for this hearing.

And I can't comment on CA as I did not see that part.

Had he paid attention at the last hearing, there would have been no need for this hearing. He was told several times at the last hearing that everything is available to him but he must request it thru the proper channels via depos and such.

It apparently didn't occur to him that he had to do the same thing the same way after KC was indicted for murder by the grand jury.

There was no need for this hearing. A waste of taxpayers money.

You cannot chew gum in a California courtroom or they bounce you.

I caught that too. She had her fingers flickin' away trying to cover her mouth.

That is one huge no no here.

CA simply cannot seem to understand that society has rules that apply to all.

"Baez was free to release whatever he wanted"

But according to prosecution, they are saying he wasn't which is why they want a gag order. I personally feel that Baez does have a good case and has been doing his best to defend his client in the media eye without revealing his cards so to speak.
The implication though, is that his client knows who took the baby but just isn't saying. How does that implication help his client? It makes his client look guilty as hell.

Repectfully snipped:

I think that Baez was referring to the sighting reports. IIRC he bascially said he paid $1400 for psychic reports and people calling in tips to the Sheriffs office on where they should look. He did not receive the actual "sighting" tips which is what he wanted.

Maybe there aren't that many.

Would someone be so kind to tell me what on earth CA stood up and asked in court????TIA...I cannot believe she asked something in court:bang:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
broccoli445
Back