2008.12.25 Is it a Book in the Woods?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
thbookatcrimesceneenhanced-2-1.jpg

Thanks for the help Bond I hope this works! Do you see the tiger cub?

Does it look like this one to you?
HOLD ON BEFORE YOU POST IT I AM GOING TO PUT THE BOOK TOGETHER
Hopefully that will help everyone see it better. I had to scan it page by page.

http://photobucket.com/cayleesbook

Looks like a tiger stuffed animal laying near the book.

Is it possible MR opened the bag and started going through it and tossed some things on ground?

I don't know if you read my earlier post, Shayj, but I definitely see a tiger cub. I see the stuffed tiger, too, Whisperer. There's plenty of discussion about it in the Crime Scene Photos thread.

Can you tell me where on the book you see a tiger cub? I am having a hard time matching this book on ground to original...after all your work, now I am lost again. These pics are a lot of work and I appreciate all of your talents, but my eyes are playing tricks again...lol

corrected myself...just saw you answered this question..sorry

ok could someone help me to get my picture on here of the book found! "I believe" The entire page is a picture of a baby tiger The nose is in the middle there is something maybe a leaf covering one of the eyes you can see his ear and mouth its very clear!!!! I found this by shading in and out. I have it saved in my pics just don't know how to get it for you all to see! wow I'm excited to see what you think.

Oh, I missed this post...will check this out again. Thank you.

You know If this book was not out of print I'd soak this book in water for a few months, toss it out on the ground in the rain for another few months, and see how many colors are left. I don't think any actual pictures will come off the page that was found. All the pictures and ink have run together, and possible been closed at one time, then opened again. Think about if your mail got wet, or a newspaper.... all you would see is black running ink. This does have a thin laminated cover on it, but soon would be destroyed in the elements. Just IMO.

I agree with the above!

I spent waaaaay to much time staring @ images of this book again tonight. Taking the high-res version and turning my laptop around (vs. manipulating w/ software that affects the pixelation) looking @ all angles.

Sooooo....

The 'image de jeur' I'm seeing...

*a good deal of the image is deteriorated and/or covered with debris
*appears the book is upside down
*appears to be a small step ladder in front of a kitchen cabinet. The top of the step ladder is rounded
*appears a child or animal character is balancing on one foot on the top of the rounded ladder in order to reach something on the counter

None of the above appear in Frieda Fuzzypaws.

Slighly OT...I did note in the background of one of Caylee's pics released for the Dec 1 Vigil for Hope (IIRC) she's standing in front of a rack of containers that organize her things. One of the containers is stuffed full of board-type books. One of the books in the middle of the bunch is bound in yellow akin to what we see in this book. Unfortunately, the resolution of that picture was very poor.

Here is another opinion of why I think the book found may be the Suppertime for Frieda Fuzzypaws.

Casey we know is lazy. When Cindy got back from the nursing home, whatever was in Caylee's back pack I feel Casey would have thrown back into her car. Caylee's bag probably had diapers and her needs for the day, along with her Fuzzypaws book and maybe others as well (we know she had a coloring book as well with her). I feel like anything that was in Casey's car or trunk had to be disposed of because of the bad smell (decomp) in the car. However Caylee could have had several books in her bag that day. This book was last published in 1985, so I feel almost sure these were Casey's books, and maybe there were a great number of them. However if Casey was trying to set up an abduction theory when Caylee was found she would have included the book Suppertime for Frieda Fuzzy paws, because there was documentation of that book on film, and she was setting up her reasonable doubt with her interview with the detectives saying she was alive on July 15th, telling her about her books, and shoes. Apparently there were shoes found as well I'm thinking, because she knew what she left there and she would put that all back on the zanny the nanny theory.

I don't think you can look for shapes of anything really on a book that has been in the weather this long. You might be able to reference colors, which I see are pretty near the same as the Frieda Fuzzypaws book. I think I can see part of a tail but it is running (the ink) there were 2 cat tails in the mentioned picture shown before. I don't think you will see anything from the actual picture it is, because it has taken a new form now of an ink mixture and has formed new shapes and pictures. It will be up to LE to tell what the book is if they can read a title.

------------
ahhh I finally see it!! His entire head is in the top corner of the image-the nose is the dark thing on the page.

I am pretty sure I can see the book in the woods in the Geraldo version of the Hoover video. See at the 3:50 - 3:54 mark (might be a few seconds off because I'm not good with pausing).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDxDvZLTHbA

I think you are right! It looks like the back of the book Frieda Fuzzypaws
He may have been the one to flip the book open too, however we don't see that on tape. I find it really weird about this Hoover guy, he either found the body and didn't want to report it himself and thus created the so called "daisy chain", or he found evidence of some of Caylee's things there, and missed the body.

I'm not sure this is the place to put this comment. But I heard a rumor around 2 weeks before the body was found that the family had the body and they were turning it in, that a searcher had found the body, and that was because the family had given up the location. Several of us heard this rumor in a chat room, not the one I have but another chat. Within two days of that nothing had come out, and it all came down in that chat it was a rumor, well not 10-14 more days had passed and (well let me look the person that told me I made a file on it, I was told November 29, 2008 this information) so it was about 10 days later on December 11th then the body was found. I find this odd I was told the body had been found. I'm wondering if Hoover or someone working with him planted this information in the chat to different people to see if they would leak it. I was asked not to say anything and I didn't. One of the people that heard it is going to LE with this I believe.

th_b.jpg
th_Page16LastPageBackCover.jpg

b5.jpg

Just an update on this book. Some were saying that no one was posting any Caylee things on ebay yet but I found on amazon where they are wanting over $100.00 for Suppertime for Frieda Fuzzypaws. I replied to the rant post as follows but wanted everyone that is curious about this book to know there is a copy in the Library of Congress in Washington DC - 1 copy printed in 2009 for them alone.

The book Caylee read at the nursing home some want over $100.00 for.
It retailed for $2.95 in 1985. I purchased one from a humble grandmother off of ebay for about the original price that is worn and broken down but I would not part with it. I had to have the book to know what Caylee was saying. Here are some links where people are trying to make $$$$ off a childs book.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=suppertime+for+frieda+fuzzypaws&tag=yahhyd-20&index=stripbooks&hvadid=34419943011&ref=pd_sl_30eit9mhj1_b

I see one book 2009 Edition in the Library of Congress in Washington DC (It says printed 2009 - 1 copy for Library of congress)
I wish they would reproduce this book in memory of Caylee.

http://catalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?v1=112&ti=101,112&Search%5FArg=Cyndy%20Szekeres&Search%5FCode=NAME%40&CNT=100&PID=HI5csIhGvp0r2Sn7-DIgWu52-0_6J&SEQ=20090113150240&SID=1

Here also is a view of the book I scanned.

Just an update on this book. Some were saying that no one was posting any Caylee things on ebay yet but I found on amazon where they are wanting over $100.00 for Suppertime for Frieda Fuzzypaws. I replied to the rant post as follows but wanted everyone that is curious about this book to know there is a copy in the Library of Congress in Washington DC - 1 copy printed in 2009 for them alone.

The book Caylee read at the nursing home some want over $100.00 for.
It retailed for $2.95 in 1985. I purchased one from a humble grandmother off of ebay for about the original price that is worn and broken down but I would not part with it. I had to have the book to know what Caylee was saying. Here are some links where people are trying to make $$$$ off a childs book.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=suppertime+for+frieda+fuzzypaws&tag=yahhyd-20&index=stripbooks&hvadid=34419943011&ref=pd_sl_30eit9mhj1_b

I see one book 2009 Edition in the Library of Congress in Washington DC (It says printed 2009 - 1 copy for Library of congress)
I wish they would reproduce this book in memory of Caylee.

http://catalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?v1=112&ti=101,112&Search%5FArg=Cyndy%20Szekeres&Search%5FCode=NAME%40&CNT=100&PID=HI5csIhGvp0r2Sn7-DIgWu52-0_6J&SEQ=20090113150240&SID=1

Here also is a view of the book I scanned.

Sorry, haven't read this whole thread. Or maybe read most, then not the latest info, but anyway...like I stated more than a month ago, I don't belive the "Frieda Fuzzypaws" was Caylee's own personal book. I believe it belonged to the Nursing Home. Has probably been in their "family lounge" area since it's publication. It's now considered a rare out-of-print worth 100 bucks or so online. If the book found in the woods was the FF book Caylee was reading on 6/15/08 then I would be more inclined to believe that CA "acceidently" STOLE it from the nursing home. Maybe innocently packing it up when they left thinking it was Caylee's own book. JMHO.

Just had a thought, is there a local reading this thread? A local who could/would go to this nursing home and look through the library of books available to guests and visitors??? Is this Frieda Fuzzypaws book still at the Nursing Home? If not, ask a few nurses/employees about it. Any memories of it? Any notice of it suddenly missing?

Sorry, haven't read this whole thread. Or maybe read most, then not the latest info, but anyway...like I stated more than a month ago, I don't belive the "Frieda Fuzzypaws" was Caylee's own personal book. I believe it belonged to the Nursing Home. Has probably been in their "family lounge" area since it's publication. It's now considered a rare out-of-print worth 100 bucks or so online. If the book found in the woods was the FF book Caylee was reading on 6/15/08 then I would be more inclined to believe that CA "acceidently" STOLE it from the nursing home. Maybe innocently packing it up when they left thinking it was Caylee's own book. JMHO.

I believe the book did belong to Caylee. She seems to know the story and be able to associate the story with the pages she was looking at. Unless Caylee could read (doubtful) she would only be able to do this if it had been read to her more than once or twice.

I believe the book did belong to Caylee. She seems to know the story and be able to associate the story with the pages she was looking at. Unless Caylee could read (doubtful) she would only be able to do this if it had been read to her more than once or twice.

And you may be right. My personal beliefs are based on nothing more than "gut" feelings and the fact that this TYPE of book is the type of book one might find in a nursing home family meeting area library. A Little Golden Book. Lots of book-of-the-month club type marketing with this brand. I do have experience with books as I've been employed with the largest book distributor in America for 9 years now. Again, just spectulating with my gut.

I agree Caylee seems to be familar with the story. It is a story about finishing your dinner before being given the reward of dessert. She has her little index finger extended while reading as if mimicing a scolding mother. My honest opinon of Caylee from all I've seen, is that despite her neglectful mother (always online), she was one smart cookie of a child!

Forgot to add, (again, agreeing you may be right) that IIRC, the book was published in 1985. It's now a rare OOP. But KC was born in 1986? So it could have been her book originally...Will do some more research. But just saying, these large "Little Golden Books" were often sold as mail-order offers.

I believe the publisher of this book was a Scholastic books brand, not Little Golden Books.

These have been sold for a while as a sort of book of the month club. My daughter's school back in the 80s also had a book fair once a year where Scholastic books were sold.

Nope. Goldencraft Publishing. aka Big Golden Books. aka Western Publishing...

https://isbndb.com/d/book/suppertime_for_frieda_fuzzypaws.html

Goldencraft books (BIG Little Golden Books) often sold to librarys and schools due to their more sturdy bindings than the average at home book.

Just wanted to add that although the book is out of print, it is widely available. I've found at least twenty-two copies for sale on the internet, mostly on websites that specialize in OOP books.

Having said that, I betcha this book was Casey's when she was young.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btc121296
Back