2008.12.25 Is it a Book in the Woods?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If any fingerprints survive, and maybe that is a possibility since the book is largely intact, how would the defense explain the lack of "Zanny" fingerprints? Especially if Caylee's and KC's and even CA's happened to be on it?

If indeed this book is out of print. Could it have been KC's book? Maybe KC was upset because CA gave the book to Caylee. And that was the reason the book was left with Caylee when she dumped her little body.
That's a thought and would go along with the resentment and jealousy toward Caylee. I wish I could remember though where I heard about the book not being available now to buy a duplicate of it. :waitasec: MOO

Forgive me if this has already been stated (I just started reading the thread) and I know there is a cross necklace in this case but has it been proven to be missing at this point? One thing that IS MISSING is the Tiffany ring (heart shaped). Cindy could not find it and asked Casey about it in one of the jailhouse visits and she said she did not know where it was at. I wonder if this ring has been found yet (either by CA or police).
I haven't heard of the ring being found or the cross necklace. Also, Casey's old work ID on the lanyard is still missing as far as I know. Cindy claims it "disappeared" during the interviews on the 15th/16th while LE was in the house.

It just seems like CA would have done more to try and find Caylee if she thought Caylee was in a dangerous situation.If CA really had been considering getting custody of Caylee it would have been the perfect time to do it.Of course legal actions cost money and that may have been part of CA not going forward with that.
I'm just really bothered that the grandparents,who basically had Caylee with them every day,let a month go by.They knew Casey didn't have a place to live .Why didn't they look for Caylee sooner?
That sure ticks me off...big time.

If any fingerprints survive, and maybe that is a possibility since the book is largely intact, how would the defense explain the lack of "Zanny" fingerprints? Especially if Caylee's and KC's and even CA's happened to be on it?
There is not going to be any need since there is more than enough evidence to say the nanny never existed.

They won't be able to but the prosecution will just use it as more evidence that the nanny is nonexistent. MOO

To me that will be the best evidence....the fact that there will be no Zanny prints on anything.

There is not going to be any need since there is more than enough evidence to say the nanny never existed.

Thanks. I think so too. It seems every time we get pointed to "Zanny" there is something to refute her existence. I don't see how the defense can stick with that story. None of it adds up. Are they really that stupid...rhetorical question I guess.

Why didn't they look for her sooner?? That is the question, that haunts Cindy and George!
That is why, they both have acted like they have.
The ring that is missing, can probably be found at the local pawn shop.
If Casey premeditated Caylee's demise looks like she would have set up an insurance policy on Caylee.
I mentioned this and someone said most child insurance policy's are usually just enough to bury them. The amount may seem small to us, but if there was any amount it could have been enough to make Casey see dollar signs when she looked at Caylee.
Kelsey's mom got 18 years for enabling child abuse and this is just about what the A's did. They didn't check on Caylee for a month..they knew Casey lied and they knew she had never stayed away like this before. George was alarmed enough to try to chase Casey down. They did the same thing that sent Kelsey Briggs mother to prison for 18 years.They enabled child abuse resulting in the death of a child.
Do you agree? I believe LE ought to arrest GA and CA and put them all in a cell and see which one of them squaws first.
Interesting, we haven't been able to prove that George DID in fact chase her. The "Sunpass" records for the car don't back that up. I've always been confused about that. I thought there was a time also when Casey took off in CA's car. Someone, please refresh my memory...is this the time when George supposedly took off after Casey?

Interesting, we haven't been able to prove that George DID in fact chase her. The "Sunpass" records for the car don't back that up. I've always been confused about that. I thought there was a time also when Casey took off in CA's car. Someone, please refresh my memory...is this the time when George supposedly took off after Casey?
Yes. There has always been a problem with that story. For starters...they claimed not to have seen Casey during that month she was gone. Then all of the sudden, she takes off in Cindy's car and comes home to steal gas cans then return them. None of which gels with their intial story on the stand at the first bond hearing.

Has LE actually confirmed that this is in fact any book? I know most of us think it looks like one, but has it been confirmed that it is not just debris or paper?

JBean, I don't think it has been confirmed anywhere. Only Fox talked of that angle and they also reported to my own ears that "German G. " is the name of the meter reader....I think if we look for this book/LE statement on Fox website it will not be found there either - just like the report with the name!

Merry Christmas!

Thanks. I think so too. It seems every time we get pointed to "Zanny" there is something to refute her existence. I don't see how the defense can stick with that story. None of it adds up. Are they really that stupid...rhetorical question I guess.
I don't think the defense has any choice but to stick with the "nanny" story since it's what Casey told LE. If they offer something else that would clearly tell the jury that Casey's a liar to make up the first story. MOO

It just seems like CA would have done more to try and find Caylee if she thought Caylee was in a dangerous situation.If CA really had been considering getting custody of Caylee it would have been the perfect time to do it.Of course legal actions cost money and that may have been part of CA not going forward with that.
I'm just really bothered that the grandparents,who basically had Caylee with them every day,let a month go by.They knew Casey didn't have a place to live .Why didn't they look for Caylee sooner?

Don't you think it is possible that they were trying to get KC to grow up and accept responsibility for herself and Caylee? I think this is why they weren't overly concerned at first. Then as time went by and CA had not seen Caylee or talked to her CA was getting concerned. I am tying all this into the emails that were posted on another thread.

I wouldn't give Casey too much credit to try and link events to point the finger at her mother Cindy.

not giving casey credit for anything at all. just noting how she seizes an opportunity and runs with it. in that respect, not unlikely.

Don't you think it is possible that they were trying to get KC to grow up and accept responsibility for herself and Caylee? I think this is why they weren't overly concerned at first. Then as time went by and CA had not seen Caylee or talked to her CA was getting concerned. I am tying all this into the emails that were posted on another thread.
I do think that's what Cindy meant by "bonding" and maybe Casey gave her the impression she was agreeable to it knowing she was going to end her "problem". We don't know what words were said that night of the argument on 6/15 but it seems it didn't last long because she was busy texting/calling TL shortly after 7pm through the night. MOO

If indeed this book is out of print. Could it have been KC's book? Maybe KC was upset because CA gave the book to Caylee. And that was the reason the book was left with Caylee when she dumped her little body.

This book is indeed out of print. It was published in 1986, the year Casey was born, so it could have been her book.

the nanny didnt exist
they may try it, its a lose lose situation for them if the try it but its all the got - not a shread of evidence there was a nanny

the shovel was probably never used. she may have thought she was going to bury the body in bag in the woods, but because she is so lazy she got out in the woods and decided to not bury anything

laziness in lies and laziness with shoveling

well, she isnt lazy in shoveling BULLCRPAP but thats another story :):crazy:

I feel like Casey tried to tell people Caylee went missing on June 9th, rather than June 16th because she was trying to give herself an alibi. The body wasn't hidden well, and she very well may have expected it to be discovered sooner, when the time of death could have been more accurately determined. If Caylee died a week after she disappeared, KC probably thought she'd be exonerated.

And as far as the condition of the book, I have a six year old. When we were replacing our deck we found an old board book of hers someone had picked up at the dollar store. It had to have been there at least a couple years, and it was pretty intact for being exposed for so long. The cover was basically torn up cardboard, but the inside pages were in good shape. A little bubbly but you could make out the pictures.

Where did Caylee stay the week of the 9th? We know Casey stayed with her boyfriend TL- and we know Caylee way not there. We also know Caylee was not with her grandparents.

Think she was drugged and kept in the trunk that entire week and told Cindy on the 15th when she went to the nursing home?

Merry Christmas Everyone, kitchen cleaned and all is quiet now....what a wonderday day!

I have a calendar I have been keeping from info on this case. It was brought out that both KC and Caylee spent spent most of this week at Ricardo's and Amy's place. I have marked the June 7, 9 & 10th as definitely there, not sure about the rest of this week. It wasn't until the following week of the 16th that she started staying with TL.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CouchdetectiveC
Back