2009.01.08 Two Hearings 11:00 AM and 1:30 PM

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically, the judge's ruling says to me that he favors KC's right over ZFG's right to clear her name ... how wonderful.

The ruling tells me the Court favors the rights of a defendent charged with murder over a plantiff in a civil action. His ruling was not personal (KC's rights over ZFG's). In all fairness to the Judge, he made the right decision. IMO

Regarding ZFGs claims- even if most right thinking people know "the Nanny" was a product of KC's imagination, isn't is possible that some of the deranged weirdos that were acting up over at the A's house might hound her? Some of the hardcore KC supporters might be making themselves a nuisance which could have effected her employment. And I'm sure even some curious people that understand she is not in any way related to the case might have been bothering her with questions and other unwanted attention.

If ZG was hounded even a portion as much in real life as she was on her myspace page, her life WAS changed.

IMO

So basically, the judge's ruling says to me that he favors KC's right over ZFG's right to clear her name ... how wonderful.

The ruling tells me the Court favors the rights of a defendent charged with murder over a plantiff in a civil action. His ruling was not personal (KC's rights over ZFG's). In all fairness to the Judge, he made the right decision. IMO

JB wasn't up there arguing motions. He wasn't even sitting at the table. He was sitting behind the tabled lawyers, acting as a "confer lawyer". I didn't see him walk away from the bench with his tail between his legs when they all went up there, so the judge must not have minded it too much...

I was stating my opinion, which I stand by.

This is my thought on all these attorneys...

JB hired by KC--July 16th
MN quits as "A" attorney--Aug 20th
BC-Hired by Anthony's after remains found (when he was being interviewed around christmas at site of neighbor memorial he stated that another Orlando attorney refered him to the "A's) my thought is that local attorney was--JB
Lee hires attorney and when that attorney is asked who gave him Lees name he says a local attorney gave Lee his name...My thought is that local attorney is---JB

I think that JB has all of the friends in the area working with the rest of the family....He wants the control of every aspect of this case..

Then when you add in the fact that DC use to work for JB and was then hired by the A's I think it furthur shows that even though the A's say they dont like JB to LE there actions show something totally the opposite...Just like them saying Caylee was alive to the media and LE but the actions they took by possibly sending PI's into the woods show just the opposite.

Yup- I want to see Casey pay dearly for everything but most importantly for what she did to Caylee.

This Zenaida, although she suffered, is at the bottom of the priorities.

And even if she wins in civil court, she will never get anything out of Casey anyway. And if she decides to bring the As into the lawsuit, she might get some kind of judgement if they ever sell their house- but I'm sure she'll never see much.

Prosecution on the criminal charges is much more important than the civil case.

And John Morgan is a very commerical attorney- he's on the TV, radio ads, billboards, phone book covers------------ I don't know if using the term ambulance chaser is right- but he'd be the last guy I would hire if I had a valid lawsuit.

This ruling was to protect the process of the criminal court and it's a good thing. Once Casey is convicted and hopefully sentenced to death, I don't want there to be any valid wiggle room with the appellate courts. These depos could very well compromise the prosecution's case on appeal.

Also, like I said before- I feel bad for ZFG- but the entire city of Orlando, as well as most of the country knows she was a victim- I'm sure she could get a job very easily because of the sympathy out there for her.

I agree with you. I do feel bad for ZFG but the priority has to be for Caylee and if that puts the skids on this civil case indefinately, then so be it. JB can pick his boogers from now til doomsday but holding the folks accountable for what was done to Caylee comes first. JMVHO.

The defense has never produced evidence of any other Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzales, either in FL, PR, or any other location. This ZFG was at the location Casey claimed in her accusation - the Sawgrass Apts.

Most employers would object to the unwarranted attention of the media, the press, the curious, and the plain nosy people would heap upon ZFG - and I think a lot of employers would NOT hire her...just too much hassle.

If the defense thought the case was silly, they would never have counter-sued. The defense needs to withdraw the countersuit.

I agree. Also, in the early days, if ZFG worked for me and I had small children around, I might have let her go until there was a full investigation. Maybe not, it would have depended on how well I knew her. If I had just hired her the week before, I would have let her go, no question about it. If she had worked for me for a year or two, maybe not.

Salem

Okay in a nutshell what happened - I had to leave as JB started to talk - darn printer! Had to go get a drum and Staples doesn't carry it so I had to go to Office Max! Priorities! LOL

I am not understanding the need for a few of the motions to be argued at 1:30.
The ones I have a problem with:
1. Motion to Compel DNA Reports for George, Cindy and Lee Anthony. Can the defense not ask for this themselves? Will Cindy, George and Lee not provide this DNA to them? Or is this just to keep the defense from spending their own money?
2. Motion to Produce Hair for Inspection and Testing and All Related Notes and Reports. Same questions as number 1
3.Motion to Compel Fingerprint Report for George, Cindy, and Lee Anthony.Same questions as #1
4. Motion to Compel Release of Investigative Interviews of George, Cindy, and Lee Anthony This was released as part of discovery. Does this mean that there is more than we seen with these visits?
5. Motion to Compel Release of Video Visitations of George and Cindy Anthony on August 14, 2008 Same questions as #4
Something tells me that this hearing coming up today could be comical! I don't know, I just don't understand why the defense is asking for things they could go out and get on their own.

Here's a question:

The judge said they *could* do interrogatories...does that mean they *have* to do them? Could they just opt to not question her until a later time when they would be able to do it in person? I would HATE to have the questions presented in written format...I think it gives her (them) way too much time to create answers and word them certain ways (pretty much the same argument the lawyer had). I'd almost be compelled to just wait until after the criminal trial if my only other choice was to do the written thing. I'd seriously have to weigh the pros/cons before I made any decision.

I recommend that Judge Strickland pre-medicates himself with Advil before he enters his courtroom today.

Ok. Having just found out (link by Patty G in today's Updates thread) that the 2nd autopsy was completed before Christmas I'm now looking for those emails between Baez and the SA where (I believe) Baez says the As can't bury Caylee because the 2nd autopsy can't be done because the SA hasn't turned over the pics/xrays. I want to see what the dates on those emails were to see if he was knowingly lying to the SA.

I'm also looking for Baez' response to the motion to stay to see if he says it again in there.

I'm still searching for these docs, but if anybody has the links right off, I'd appreciate it.

TIA

why was A's atty there???? what purpose was he there for???? tai

IMO Cindy can't stand not having control of what is happening, and, knowing she can't open her own trap, she made her lawyer go in case she had something to say. We know this woman always finds a way to be heard :rolleyes:

Ok. Having just found out (link by Patty G in today's Updates thread) that the 2nd autopsy was completed before Christmas I'm now looking for those emails between Baez and the SA where (I believe) Baez says the As can't bury Caylee because the 2nd autopsy can't be done because the SA hasn't turned over the pics/xrays. I want to see what the dates on those emails were to see if he was knowingly lying to the SA.

I'm also looking for Baez' response to the motion to stay to see if he says it again in there.

I'm still searching for these docs, but if anybody has the links right off, I'd appreciate it.

TIA

wesh news reported that a's atty stated that the funeral at this point is on hold......their main concern right now is those pics....

are they arguing the motion for the records from TES today? couldn't baez just depose TES and get that info themselves? seems that baez doesn't like doing his own work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonfire