2009.02.09 - The cousin that visited....

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ron said No cousin, No fight, No gun. Misty is saying there was a cousin who got in a fight with Ron over a gun.
What I am wondering is if Misty is mixing the different incidents together. Her cousin was down staying with relatives because he was the one who had gotten into a fight about a gun that was stolen. Ron found out told him to hit the road. To Ron, there was no fight between him and this guy but he didn't want him around once he found out this guy had stolen gun. To Misty it is all connected.
Going back to the way she told the 'blanket story' she seems to string events from several different time periods into all one making it sound as though everything is connected when it may in fact be not be.
The only other reason I can come up with for Ron's denial about this, other than an outright lie, is that he wanted whomever may have been involved to think that he hadn't spilled anything to LE [or insert one not to be named bounty hunter] yet about it.
I did find the comment 'I have no enemies' interesting. He has said that before also. It is just so hard to tell what is really going on. On one hand if he knows or suspects something I can see him not wanting to say anything because then 'they' would know that LE also knows. If he were hiding things then he also would not want to say anything because it would shed light on it.

Grrr It would help if we could at least know if we have the corner pieces of this puzzle figured out.

The cousin Joe looks creepy to me. I believe that Misty just needs the focus on someone else besides herself.

ETA...teh needs to read better* lol. I agree.

i'm sure he knows he's a suspect. i think LE would just be trying to play it safe and not do anything to make this guy panic IF haleigh is still alive. LE might think that she probably isn't, but they don't want to take any chances.

it's scary to think that she could easily be anywhere between florida and tennessee. i think the touch dna (hopefully there is some) on the cinderblock might be about the only evidence they'd have. or any trace of haleigh in this guy's vehicle (assuming she wasn't in there at all while this guy was visiting). i wonder if his dna is on file or if he's refused to give a sample?

MeoW I missed that interview. I hope to find a clip of it later today. Thank you for sharing what you saw posted and if it's accurate that is a very odd thing for her to say on national television. I'm not sure what to make of it. I'm not going to form an opinion until I get to see her say it, but off hand it sounds as if she's diverting attention to herself? I don't know yet.

Not being snarky but why would it be so odd for her to say she doesn't know whether he could be involved, if she doesn't know? If someone asks me a question that I don't know the answer to, I say I don't know.... it's simple.
Maybe she is not really sure what this cousin is capable of, maybe she doesn't know him all that well. I have many cousins I see rarely, only at funerals of relatives, and they live fairly close, so it's not strange to me at all.

i'm sure he knows he's a suspect. i think LE would just be trying to play it safe and not do anything to make this guy panic IF haleigh is still alive. LE might think that she probably isn't, but they don't want to take any chances.

it's scary to think that she could easily be anywhere between florida and tennessee. i think the touch dna (hopefully there is some) on the cinderblock might be about the only evidence they'd have. or any trace of haleigh in this guy's vehicle (assuming she wasn't in there at all while this guy was visiting). i wonder if his dna is on file or if he's refused to give a sample?

Why would this cousin want to take this child to TN? If he took the child in retalation, now he has a child to care for, feed, cloth, get medical help for, or to dispose of permanently. That brings in the FBI and the DP. Why would he want all that? Just wait for RC and pay him back!

All I can see is three things

#1...a neglect/accident/ rage killing by 'close to the child' individual and subsequent disposal.

#2...Bio mom takes child back from ubfair custody (not very likely)

#3...SO abduction.

Who else would want this child?

Ron said No cousin, No fight, No gun. Misty is saying there was a cousin who got in a fight with Ron over a gun.
What I am wondering is if Misty is mixing the different incidents together. Her cousin was down staying with relatives because he was the one who had gotten into a fight about a gun that was stolen. Ron found out told him to hit the road. To Ron, there was no fight between him and this guy but he didn't want him around once he found out this guy had stolen gun. To Misty it is all connected.
Going back to the way she told the 'blanket story' she seems to string events from several different time periods into all one making it sound as though everything is connected when it may in fact be not be.
The only other reason I can come up with for Ron's denial about this, other than an outright lie, is that he wanted whomever may have been involved to think that he hadn't spilled anything to LE [or insert one not to be named bounty hunter] yet about it.
I did find the comment 'I have no enemies' interesting. He has said that before also. It is just so hard to tell what is really going on. On one hand if he knows or suspects something I can see him not wanting to say anything because then 'they' would know that LE also knows. If he were hiding things then he also would not want to say anything because it would shed light on it.

Grrr It would help if we could at least know if we have the corner pieces of this puzzle figured out.

I was thinking the same thing, a verbal altercation between Ron & Cousin may have been interpreted by Misty as a fight, whereas Ron would define a fight to mean he beat the outta the guy.
I think Ronnie is saying as little as possible so as not to pizz the guy off.
God, I pray this guy has Haleigh and that she's alive.
I'm going through every friend of every player in this thing looking for that Rav4.

Yeah, but it's all over the news now that they interviewed him....IDK It's confusing.

Maybe the media was being asked to hold off... I remember someone posted when the parents were being questioned that first coast news responded they were being asked not to report on some things. Maybe the media finally forced the issue a few days later since Misty was now publicly making statements about the cousin. Just a thought although I agree there are many confusing aspects of this case.

ETA: Did Misty comment on the cousin first or did LE?

Maybe the media was being asked to hold off... I remember someone posted when the parents were being questioned that first coast news responded they were being asked not to report on some things. Maybe the media finally forced the issue a few days later since Misty was now publicly making statements about the cousin. Just a thought although I agree there are many confusing aspects of this case.

ETA: Did Misty comment on the cousin first or did LE?

iirc....Misty. And as soon as she did the media went with it. The conflict of the story is between Ron and Misty.

Why would this cousin want to take this child to TN? If he took the child in retalation, now he has a child to care for, feed, cloth, get medical help for, or to dispose of permanently. That brings in the FBI and the DP. Why would he want all that? Just wait for RC and pay him back!

#1...a neglect/accident/ rage killing by 'close to the child' individual and subsequent disposal.

#3...SO abduction.

i have a feeling that this cousin isn't a brainiac. maybe this was a drunken/drugged plan that he didn't really think through very well. maybe he is a coward and ron already kicked his azz so he decided to do something sneaky that he thought he could get away with.

i'm not saying that i'm sure this guy is responsible but i think it is possible and actually seems to fit with how LE and others are behaving.

i have a feeling that this cousin isn't a brainiac. maybe this was a drunken/drugged plan that he didn't really think through very well. maybe he is a coward and ron already kicked his azz so he decided to do something sneaky that he thought he could get away with.

i'm not saying that i'm sure this guy is responsible but i think it is possible and actually seems to fit with how LE and others are behaving.

Or is it, as other's have mentioned, a scam$$$$$?

definitely possible, too. there are still so many possibilitlies and hardly anything can be ruled out at this point with the very little info that has been released (along with the disturbingly large amount of misinfo).

I can't figure out the discrepancies in their two stories either. Maybe the fight wasn't about the gun and maybe it wasn't really a fight...but it seems Ron should know if he was around during the time Haleigh went missing and if he was harboring ill will towards the family. LE should be all over the cousin if it is possible to place him in the area and if he had access to the home.

I have a difficult time imagining the scam idea, but that is what many were afraid of happening after the Caylee A case. So who knows?

If the cousin had half a brain cell, he must have realized the difficulties to come having this little girl to cart around. If he was in Florida so long, he must have known her health issues.

I have a difficult time imagining the scam idea, but that is what many were afraid of happening after the Caylee A case. So who knows?

If the cousin had half a brain cell, he must have realized the difficulties to come having this little girl to cart around. If he was in Florida so long, he must have known her health issues.

If he took her, I don't think he was concerned with keeping her alive.

#3...SO abduction.

Didn't it say somewhere that Misty talked about that cousin molesting her when she was younger? I don't have a link but I thought I read that on these boards. If that is true, then perhaps the cousin took Haleigh for retaliation and also for... other purposes. I hate even suggesting that.

My opine of the whole thing is Misty is somehow involved. She knows something. If this cousin was involved it could be for several reasons....none of em' good. Maybe he hid the body for her and now she is going to throw him under the bus. Maybe he did take her to get Ron back. Who knows....I know people are lying, at that means someone is hiding something.

I'm beginning to wonder if we can trust that any story that orginates with Misty is accurate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
08nomdeplume
Back