2009.02.17 New Tip: Misty May Not have Been Home

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In all honesty I don't think any of the people ( family) involved with this case are very credible. In any case it is quite obvious that there is something to be said about their lifestyle.
I feel Social Services should have taken the two children away from both parents long ago. The children were and are not living in a responsible and respectable home and judging by the fathers foul language which I am sure was/is prominant in front of his children and Lord knows what else the father was doing in front of the kids, the little boy needs to be immediately removed from the home by DSS before he turns up missing.

well, I don't think foul language in and of itself is sufficient to take someones kids away. My hubby cusses like a drunken sailor all the time and he is a college graduate with a high paying job and above average IQ - he just loves him some F word! lol

A recent tip suggested that Haleigh’s father’s girlfriend, Misty Croslin, 17, was not home when Haleigh disappeared. Croslin told police she put Haleigh to bed the night before she went missing and was home the entire time. Haleigh’s paternal grandmother said the tip is not true.

"That’s a crock. I went by the house that night. I know. She was there," Annette Sykes said. "I went by around 7."
*snipped*

http://www.wesh.com/news/18743397/detail.html

Why is the first we are hearing about the grandma being at the house that day?

A recent tip suggested that Haleigh’s father’s girlfriend, Misty Croslin, 17, was not home when Haleigh disappeared. Croslin told police she put Haleigh to bed the night before she went missing and was home the entire time. Haleigh’s paternal grandmother said the tip is not true.

"That’s a crock. I went by the house that night. I know. She was there," Annette Sykes said. "I went by around 7."
*snipped*

http://www.wesh.com/news/18743397/detail.html

Why is the first we are hearing about the grandma being at the house that day?

Another visitor that Misty failed to mention?! How sweet of everyone to come out of the woodwork and claim they "KNOW" she was there that night. So far we have a 5:30, 7:00, and someone dropped off some kids clothes but nothing to substaniate that she was there after 10pm when she says she put the kids to bed...

Another visitor that Misty failed to mention?! How sweet of everyone to come out of the woodwork and claim they "KNOW" she was there that night. So far we have a 5:30, 7:00, and someone dropped off some kids clothes but nothing to substaniate that she was there after 10pm when she says she put the kids to bed...

Ok, once again, I leave the house to pick my daughter up from play practice and now this, where did the "drop the clothes off" come from? I read about the g/mother driving by the house at 7pm. I didn't see about the dropping the clothes off, who did that? On that note, do you think that Haleigh saw an article of clothing she liked and switched shirts without Misty knowing? ( ok, I know i'm reaching and well.... kind of having a hard time playing devils advocate anymore but until something concrete comes into play, this is how I think.):bang:

Did Ron's mother ever mention who the family members were who went by to drop off clothes and check on the kids? Just asking because maybe she is referring to the brother, I think it was, that Misty said came over already. I find it very strange for Ron's mother to say...check on the kids...when she is all over the media standing up for Misty and testifying how good she is with them and that she loved them like they were her own, my words there...cannot remember the exact quote that Ron's mother used.

Or maybe it was Ron's uncle.:yuck:

Did Ron's mother ever mention who the family members were who went by to drop off clothes and check on the kids? Just asking because maybe she is referring to the brother, I think it was, that Misty said came over already. I find it very strange for Ron's mother to say...check on the kids...when she is all over the media standing up for Misty and testifying how good she is with them and that she loved them like they were her own, my words there...cannot remember the exact quote that Ron's mother used.

I believe there is a quote on the media thread from the great-grandmother, Annette Sykes, stating that it was she who went to the home with clothes at 7 pm.

And, to me, that doesn't get Misty off the hook. Because she still had ALL NIGHT LONG to tuck the kids in and go off to party, if that's what happened.

I believe there is a quote on the media thread from the great-grandmother, Annette Sykes, stating that it was she who went to the home with clothes at 7 pm.

And, to me, that doesn't get Misty off the hook. Because she still had ALL NIGHT LONG to tuck the kids in and go off to party, if that's what happened.

Hmmm....you may be right..Im thinking of the interview last night (I believe) with Rons mom and Misty, where she defends her and I thought she said she had someone take some clothes over there and check on the kids. Its getting so confusing, too many relatives!

Youre right tho-its irrelevant in the big picture because I think all the action happened after the kids were put to bed, later at night....

Agreed. The problem time frame is not in that late afternoon early evening block. Regardless of what Misty's family attests too, there are also independent neighbors reports of the little girl playing outside. So it is safe to assume that the little girl was where she was supposed to be, and safe (as she ever was) until bedtime.

It is well after dark that things get sketchy. call it between 10 pm and 3am. And qy=uite frankly Misty's timeline in that block is completely unsupported and doesn't make alot of sense.

I wonder if any of the cops thought to make note of the temperature of Misty's car the night Hayleight vanished?

I wonder if any of the cops thought to make note of the temperature of Misty's car the night Hayleight vanished?

I am not sure MC even has a car, but one of the basic things LE will do when they arrive on the scene is to touch the hood of the car to see if it is still hot from being driven most recently. RC's car hood should be hot still as would the car engine if he was telling the truth about just getting home and it would help to immediately cooroborate his story. If it had been cool to the touch, Ut-Oh.

Investigators also said they have processed a car as evidence, but did not release any additional details.
A recent tip suggested that Haleigh’s father’s girlfriend, Misty Croslin, 17, was not home when Haleigh disappeared. Croslin told police she put Haleigh to bed the night before she went missing and was home the entire time. Haleigh’s paternal grandmother said the tip is not true. "That’s a crock. I went by the house that night. I know. She was there," Annette Sykes said. "I went by around 7."

Article:
http://www.wesh.com/news/18743397/detail.html[/QUOTE]

I agree. It doesn't matter if she was there earlier since she didn't stay until the 911 call was made at 3:27am. Too much of a time window which cannot be verified by Syke's story.

I'm having trouble keeping up, too. I just do not think Misti is smart enough to pull off an elaborate lie, but I think she is smart enough to know that if she was out somewhere that night, someone else knows and she can't keep it a secret. I'm not defending her, but there are any number of reasons for her 1)closing her eyes when recalling the event, 2)being less than crystal clear in her recitation of the night's events, 3)not seeming to be able determine the difference in 3 inches and 3 feet, and 4)not waking up while someone was abducting Haleigh from the house. I have seen her condemned as a villian for each of the above referenced. What immediately comes to mind is developmental delay, or mild mental retardation. Some people with these kinds of disabilities do not handle stressful situations as the rest of us do and I think it is just premature to judge her guilty before we know all the facts. Just because she doesn't react as we might, does not adjudicate her as having had anything to do with this child's disappearance. Just saying...

I'm having trouble keeping up, too. I just do not think Misti is smart enough to pull off an elaborate lie, but I think she is smart enough to know that if she was out somewhere that night, someone else knows and she can't keep it a secret. I'm not defending her, but there are any number of reasons for her 1)closing her eyes when recalling the event, 2)being less than crystal clear in her recitation of the night's events, 3)not seeming to be able determine the difference in 3 inches and 3 feet, and 4)not waking up while someone was abducting Haleigh from the house. I have seen her condemned as a villian for each of the above referenced. What immediately comes to mind is developmental delay, or mild mental retardation. Some people with these kinds of disabilities do not handle stressful situations as the rest of us do and I think it is just premature to judge her guilty before we know all the facts. Just because she doesn't react as we might, does not adjudicate her as having had anything to do with this child's disappearance. Just saying...

I'm really inclined to agree with you. I know it's been said all over the "net".. but yeah, that girl "ain't right". I don't know if it's fetal alcohol syndrome, as suggested quite a few times.. or just lead paint in the nursery... or whatever.

LE keeps bringing her in... They'll eventually get what they need from her.

After a few posts here, I should make it clear that I'm truly concerned for the lil girl... I hope she is found safe and sound... even if that means she's placed into foster care. I don't think these folks are getting her back either way after all this is said and done.

In all honesty I don't think any of the people ( family) involved with this case are very credible. In any case it is quite obvious that there is something to be said about their lifestyle.
I feel Social Services should have taken the two children away from both parents long ago. The children were and are not living in a responsible and respectable home and judging by the fathers foul language which I am sure was/is prominant in front of his children and Lord knows what else the father was doing in front of the kids, the little boy needs to be immediately removed from the home by DSS before he turns up missing.
As to bold number 1, my question is: On what facts do you base this comment?

As to bold number 2, my question is: so we are taking children away from fathers based on their language? Well then every Marine Corps child from the 60's would have been taken away from their parents!

There seems to be an awful lot of rush to judgment in the threads against this family because their lifestyle isn't Beaver Cleaver. A person who smokes and cusses isn't necessarily a bad parent, and it certainly doesn't imply incest in the family tree!

Originally Posted by abbra

As to bold number 1, my question is: On what facts do you base this comment?

As to bold number 2, my question is: so we are taking children away from fathers based on their language? Well then every Marine Corps child from the 60's would have been taken away from their parents!

There seems to be an awful lot of rush to judgment in the threads against this family because their lifestyle isn't Beaver Cleaver. A person who smokes and cusses isn't necessarily a bad parent, and it certainly doesn't imply incest in the family tree!

Well said. Looks like they have done the best they know how.

I'm bringing the below post over from the Todays News thread for discussion:

Posted in media thread by: kiki the parrot
Thank You!

Haleigh Cummings is Missing: The Misty Croslin Connection
Speculation Runs Wild, but Everything Seems to Connect to Misty Croslin
February 20, 2009

<snipped>
There are always those moments in an investigation where something does not seem quite right. Often some tell-tale sign, something unobtrusive, begins to nag at one's thoughts. Such is the case with the Haleigh Cummings abduction. The Putnam County Sheriff's Office has interviewed her multiple times. This, of course, is only normal since she was the last person to see Haleigh Cummings before the 5-year-old disappeared. But her stories are inconsistent. They have been from the start.

Fox News and "America's Most Wanted" correspondent Michelle Sigona have reported that several people have told investigators that they saw Misty Croslin out in the neighborhood that night, that she was not at the mobile home the entire time that night.
What does any of this mean? Perhaps nothing. Perhaps something that might be damaging to Misty Croslin, but not especially helpful to the investigation. Or perhaps something not so damaging to Croslin but something she does not want to mention for an unknown reason. Or perhaps it is something both damning to Croslin and helpful to the investigation.

Of course, everything Misty Croslin has said publicly and to the police might be truthful (barring a few discrepancies that could be the result of nervousness or misremembrances). Which only makes the story of Haleigh Cummings' disappearance / abduction even more mysterious. But not implausible. And certainly not impossible.

Article:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...sty.html?cat=8

************************************************** *****************************************
Fox Television's "America's Most Wanted" will profile the Haleigh Cummings abduction case Saturday, February 21.

IMO, it's really starting to sound like Misty was not home as she has been claiming.

IMO, it's really starting to sound like Misty was not home as she has been claiming.

I for one am glad media has started going forward....this no answer stuff is getting old. You know people are talking and it's about time they start reporting it!!!!!!!!

I for one am glad media has started going forward....this no answer stuff is getting old. You know people are talking and it's about time they start reporting it!!!!!!!!

ITA. I hope this means we'll get some answers now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns
Back