2009.02.18 Haleigh's Parents Taken to Sheriff's Office

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes it feels as if LE knows nothing. This is so effing frustrating.

If they know something; if they have good tips; why aren't they passing them on to the public? What kind of investigation is this?

Is there or has there been a press conference today or not????

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm right behind you, the past hour was so tense...only to end in no news yet.

:HBwhiteflag:

:drink:
In all honesty, I am going to make pork chops mac and cheeese and corn for the peeps, and then have a beer. or two, or........
seriously.
And then settle in to WS for the night

Well,I feel since parents are called in,they weren't given much info before,now they're being called in together,I think LE knows they are not suspects and can tell them more now.I still feel this is coming back to Misty,maybe it's connections her and family has w/drug people,she hangs out with.LE might even know who took Haleigh and that's why the upped reward amount.I never saw one of Misty's siblings at vigils,did anybody else?

Only thing I can figure out....LE knows who took Haleigh...they are hoping she's still alive....bringing the family in to get info on the perp and don't want to tip off the creature. So....hold a generic presser like everything is still the same.

Yes, there was a short presser at 4, didnt say much, there is a reward of 16,000. 10,000 from a satsuma local, 1,000 from crimestoppers, and 5,000 from Carol Sund Foundation
They have impounded a vehile and processed it, but wont say whose vehicle
They are recieving tips and following all tips recieved
and, uh....thats about it

It was first posted elsewhere before the rumor was brought here..that is what the person posting it said.

They probably saw it here too, cause I remember bringin this up myself like the first or second day after she disappeared. I said that it was wierd that she was up in the middle of the night and may have gone out and thats why the door was unlocked, maybe she didnt have a key. When I suggested it, I remember someone responding saying that it would be interesting to know if she was in her street clothes when Ronald came home after 3 am.

IMO it is quite possible that she did go out and left the door proped or unlocked. Doesnt matter where it came from I hope that they follow up further on this because it changes everything.

Yes, poco, it just ended. They did not give much info, said something about a car being seized early on, lots of no comments and nobody asked why the parents had been taken in. You did not miss much.

Yes there was a presser but no new news. About 3:00 this came out:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=131632&catid=17

The mother, father and grandmother of Haleigh Cummings are at the Putnam County Sheriff's Office right now.

Moments ago, Marie Griffis, Haleigh's grandmother, told First Coast News that deputies had told her to pick up Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, and take her to the Sheriff's Office.

Griffis left in a hurry, according to First Coast News Chief Investigative reporter Jackelyn Barnard.

Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, was taken there by the lead detective in the case

HTH

It just occured to me that since the parents had just arrived perhaps they requested that no announcements be made right now, if something has been discovered.

OR

Could they be questioning the parents again?

It's strange for LE to have requested the parents be there but they were nowhere to be seen in the presser.

In all honesty, I am going to make pork chops mac and cheeese and corn for the peeps, and then have a beer. or two, or........
seriously.
And then settle in to WS for the night

Haha I hear you on that one :) We're having pizza because my husband is out of town :)

FWIW, it does sound like something is up at the Sheriffs office.

I heard a passing reference to a brief boat search in that presser today. Didn't the K-9 unit that initially came out go to the dock to the St. John's River and apparently the trail ended there? I had the thought then that maybe someone took her away from there in a boat...

Has it happened before where the lead det. personally picks up Ron for a ride to the station? Maybe this is normal procedure and media missed it or didn't think it was news worthy?

Also it was asked about the parents being taken back in and it was blown off as being expected as new info comes in.

A reporter also asked about Buzzard sighting being investigated and it was stated they had no info on that, but if it was a lead they would investigate it.

I figured they would bring the Mother in sometime in the near future, because last night on NG it was said she had not been interviewed or polygraphed yet.

As for having dad there I have no clue why that could be.

tehcloser I hope you are right, I hope Misty is telling all she knows and they will find Haleigh soon and bring her home.

I heard a passing reference to a brief boat search in that presser today. Didn't the K-9 unit that initially came out go to the dock to the St. John's River and apparently the trail ended there? I had the thought then that maybe someone took her away from there in a boat...

The little boy from Arkansas was found today. It was quoted that 7-10 days is when water searches become active and fruitful. It takes that long for a body to surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lunatoons