2009.02.20 Do you think Autopsy Photos should be released? REVISITED

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope they do not allow the autopsy photos out because you know who will make money off of them! :furious:
Personally I hate seeing kc defense make a dime;
and the same with her family!
They hae lied off poor Caylee for 8 months now and years coming.......:furious:
It's over, the ME told us what was there.
Show it to kc and the family what kc did to darling CAYLEE at the trial.
Do not excuse kc from viewing them, like they remove so many murderers so they aren't upset...........what about the poor jury!!!!:eek:

personally I hope they are not released, as I can't hope to gain any information that wouldn't be included in the autopsy written report. I would be okay with the written report being released but because none ( or at least that I know of) of us here are medical examiners, we wouldn't nes. see things they missed. I have a strong tolerance for medical type things, but I'm not at all sure I could view a body esp. a childs body in that state and be okay afterward.

As curious as I am to see the pictures to get a better understanding...
In the end, I have to say no, I don't think they should be released to the public.
I want to allow Caylee the dignity after her death that her own mother didn't allow her at the end of her precious life.

Public release of these photos is ILLEGAL per Fla State Law. If the autopsy pics get out, the person responsible for leaking them could face jail time and fines if identified. I hope to goodness they are not leaked, but if they are I won't look at them. The pros and defense, along with their experts will view them as well as the jury. They will be the ones responsible for deciding KC's fate, and I'll have to trust that justice will be served since there is no chance of me sitting on the jury for this trial.

i would definitely look at them. i wouldn't demand their release or anything, but after all this debate, discussion, and exposure to the facts, theories, and well, mere existence of this case, seeing these pictures wouldn't be any different, really. to me, of course. obviously, some would find them very disturbing, and i can understand why.

it's not like we can pretend it didn't happen by not viewing actual evidence, so to me, it's just like other evidence, although more personal since it's her actual 'body'. it would be sad and heart-breaking, though, for sure. but after all this time, there is no way i could say i wouldn't have to see for myself. it's not a sick fixation either; there's a reason some of us can perform autopsies, forensics, or otherwise work in crime, while others must avoid it.

I think it should be consistent. Either all autopsy photos are released or none are.

Would it help if they were released? No. Only trained professionals are helped by the photos, we are not.

The sunshine laws are put in place partly so that the citizens keep LE in check making sure they are doing everything properly.

I dont think it matters. Caylee is already dead. She is not affected by anything people continue to do (my opinion only). However, I don't think its necessary or provides any help if they are released.

Wow I hadn't seen JB's skull before, didnt realize there were pictures.

We have a terrible story her inmy area about a young girl that slammed her fathers car into a toll booth going 100 mph. As you can imagine the impact destroyd this young girl, she was 17 or 18. Someone in the police dept emailed the pictures to someone and so on and so on. They are everywhere. but to make matters worse, some one thought it would be funny to text and email the pictures to her parents and family randomly so they would open them without warning.

So, while I might like pictures released for the right reasons, it just doesn't work that way.I have seen Nikki's photos and no one that knew or loved her should have seen those pictures.

Nikki Catsouras

ABC's "20/20'' aired a segment on the crash and its aftermath, focusing on anonymous Internet users who taunted the Catsouras family with photos of all of Nikki's face and most of her head missing.

We have a terrible story her inmy area about a young girl that slammed her fathers car into a toll booth going 100 mph. As you can imagine the impact destroyd this young girl, she was 17 or 18. Someone in the police dept emailed the pictures to someone and so on and so on. They are everywhere. but to make matters worse, some one thought it would be funny to text and email the pictures to her parents and family randomly so they would open them without warning.

So, while I might like pictures released for the right reasons, it just doesn't work that way.I have seen Nikki's photos and no one that knew or loved her should have seen those pictures.

Nikki Catsouras

ABC's "20/20'' aired a segment on the crash and its aftermath, focusing on anonymous Internet users who taunted the Catsouras family with photos of all of Nikki's face and most of her head missing.

I'm pretty sure I saw these photos. They were disturbing, to say the least. Her poor family! I also had the misfortune at one time of seeing one of those death photo websites -- lots of car accident photos and really horrible stuff. I couldn't get one particular image out of my head for days.

I just googled that name and the first link is to PHOTOS of the crash with the toll booth

Are they the REAL photos of what happened to that young girl

:(

Nikki Catsouras

I just googled that name and the first link is to PHOTOS of the crash with the toll booth

Are they the REAL photos of what happened to that young girl

:(
yes, they are the real photos. You know it is a felony to release the domestic dispute photos of Rhianna and when they find out who did it, they will have heck to pay. But IIRC,I think these CHP employess got a smack on the wrist. I wonder if any laws were changed because of Nikki.
The family had to fight for the right to even sue!

Before I read even the OP, I will say - NO. These photos will not be released until they are made part of the public record at trial, then some low life will put them on the net.

BTW, it isn't an autopsy when there are only bones left. It is just a forensic examination.
I know some of the autopsy photos from JBR made it to the internet, but did anyone really need to see them unless they were LE?

I personally would not want to see them. I had a hard time erasing the mind pictures I have of JBR after viewing her autopsy photos. I still have some dreams about JBR and those autopsy images play through my dreams.

I do understand your thinking it would give a better visual as to how that duct tape was put on little Caylee's head/mouth area.
I just don't want to see her small little skull...I know it would upset me too much.

Lady Sleuth
jmho

The JBR case is what brought me to WBS in the first place, and the first time that I saw her autopsy photos...I cried myself to sleep. And the fact that my 7 year old daughter looks alot like her didn't help matters.

snippped.
I know some of the autopsy photos from JBR made it to the internet, but did anyone really need to see them unless they were LE?
You should ask that question in the JBR forum. I think they have been reviewing them for over 10 years now.

<< respectfully snipped>>

I can answer that....NO!

yes, they are the real photos. You know it is a felony to release the domestic dispute photos of Rhianna and when they find out who did it, they will have heck to pay. But IIRC,I think these CHP employess got a smack on the wrist. I wonder if any laws were changed because of Nikki.

Please tell me they won the suit? (Not going to look it up as I don't want to stumble across the photos.)

If Caylee's remains or autopsy photos were somehow released or leaked, I have many reasons for not wanting to view them.

The one that is perhaps the most pertinent to my answer here on WS is that I have no training whatsoever that would assist me in looking at them objectively with a defined purpose in a way that would further discussion constructively.

That's not my main reason, but it's a good one for me.

I just wondered if they had been photoshopped ?

The actual photo of her hanging out of the car is real ? :(

And people wrote horrible cruel things to the family like poor porsche and other horrid things :(

WTF is wrong with people :(

They sued for 20 mil did they get it ?

Please tell me they won the suit? (Not going to look it up as I don't want to stumble across the photos.)

If Caylee's remains or autopsy photos were somehow released or leaked, I have many reasons for not wanting to view them.

The one that is perhaps the most pertinent to my answer here on WS is that I have no training whatsoever that would assist me in looking at them objectively with a defined purpose in a way that would further discussion constructively.

That's not my main reason, but it's a good one for me.

I just wondered if they had been photoshopped ?

The actual photo of her hanging out of the car is real ? :(

And people wrote horrible cruel things to the family like poor porsche and other horrid things :(

WTF is wrong with people :(

They sued for 20 mil did they get it ?
Not settled yet and those are the actual photos of this beautiful girl.

Nikki Catsouras

I'll go to the link, JB, but OMG...Why in the world would someone want to taunt her poor family like that? Some people are so sick and shameful!

Hopefully JB did indeed get that (court ordered) secure server at his office before he was given Caylee's autopsy pics in order for his experts to view them. He wanted to email the pics to his experts because he said it was too much of an expense and hassle for them to travel to his office in Kissimmee to view them in his office.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back