2009.02.20 Do you think Autopsy Photos should be released? REVISITED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not settled yet and those are the actual photos of this beautiful girl.

Hi JBean,

I remember this all too well, unfortunately.
The photos online at the time didn't turn my stomach....what those people did, taunting the family, literally made me ill.

Last I had heard.....via someone who knows someone who knows the other sister......the family had lost the suit?

Seeing those pictures once was enough...it was all I needed to know what happened. I don't want to go searching around the net and end up with them on my computer screen again, so I'm asking ya here.

As I said in my previous post on this subject....I can seperate myself, my emotions to see what I need to see to satisfy any questions I have, but once is enough.

I take that back....I'm not going to look at that site if the pics are there! Are they (Nikki's pics) there? I don't want to see them.

I take that back....I'm not going to look at that site if the pics are there! Are they (Nikki's pics) there? I don't want to see them.

They're there and they're real, not Photoshop'd. That what stuff like that really looks like.

They're there and they're real, not Photoshop'd. That what stuff like that really looks like.

Thanks for the heads up! The older I get, the less I can tolerate graphic photos. I used to work in an ER - you'd think I'd become immune to stuff like that, but no...after seeing faces blown completely off, no thanks, I've had my fill. I won't eat for days if I see something gross like that and I just went grocery shopping. (yeah, I know...I'm wierd - weak stomach)

I do not want them released at all! This little girl has been victimized enough! I am just thankful she is in heaven and has no realization of the evil that happened to her! If they release them, I would hope the citizens of Florida will change the Sunshine Law!

Sad how cold, unsympathic, and down right ugly-hearted how people can be. It's one thing to be able to disassociated yourself from something so graphic, but it's just downright dispicable and hateful behavior to taunt a family who has been through something so tragic.

Back on topic.....

I can imagine that it would hurt Cindy, George, and Lee greatly if the photos of Caylee's remains were released. They were worried about someone destroying or robbing her grave. Just imagine how they'd feel if pictures of her bones were plastered all over the internet and people disrespected them the way they did Nikki's.

I would look at them to try to get a better understanding of what happened.

I forced myself to watch every hit Jesus took during the film and I watched Nick Berg's beheading....I am not a sicko but I figure if they can GO thru it I can handle seeing it

I had viewed a beheading and the sight and sounds will haunt me forever. Much different than viewing autopsy photos. I have gone to sites and threads for the unidentified folks that have been found dead and they are disturbing but I think if more folks would view them, alot of these poor souls would be returned to thier loved ones. Faces of death are very disturbing tho, not for the faint of heart.
As far as Caylee's pics go, I think that they will be alot less, if you will, disturbing since they are decomposed to bones, and can be viewed to gain a better understanding with regard to the placement of the duct tape.
I for one am interested in the application...to see if it was applied to silence her, to hold a cloth with say maybe, the chloroform, or to make it appear as if it were an abduction.

LE has excellent sketch artists. Let them to a sketch from the autopsy photos, showing the placement of the duct tape. That would be a whole lot easier to handle.

Hi JBean,

I remember this all too well, unfortunately.
The photos online at the time didn't turn my stomach....what those people did, taunting the family, literally made me ill.

Last I had heard.....via someone who knows someone who knows the other sister......the family had lost the suit?

Seeing those pictures once was enough...it was all I needed to know what happened. I don't want to go searching around the net and end up with them on my computer screen again, so I'm asking ya here.

As I said in my previous post on this subject....I can seperate myself, my emotions to see what I need to see to satisfy any questions I have, but once is enough.
IIRC, they are appealing and changes have been put into place. This was just a horrible community experience as well.

This was the last thing I heard

Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Catsouras family appeals grisly toll road photo case
Family expects to learn by December whether suit can proceed to trial.

snip
Tuesday, in a continuing saga that has garnered national attention, lawyers for the Catsouras family filed an appeal in the 4th District Court of Appeal in Santa Ana. The family seeks to overturn a judge's dismissal in March of their civil lawsuit against the CHP and two dispatchers.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/catsouras-nikki-family-2137164-chp-lawsuit

A young woman's death
Oct. 31, 2006: Nicole “Nikki” Catsouras, 18, of Ladera Ranch, is killed when she slams her father's Porsche into a 241 toll plaza in Lake Forest.
November 2006:Graphic pictures of Nikki's body begin popping up on the Internet.
December 2006:The Catsouras family files a claim against the state, blaming the California Highway Patrol for leaking the photos.
February 2007:The CHP admits one of its employees was responsible for the leaked images, which by now are on thousands of Web sites worldwide. The agency apologizes to the Catsouras family. The family's claim against the state is rejected.
July 2007:The Catsouras family sues the CHP and two employees for the leaked photos.
March 2008:Orange County Superior Court Judge Steven L. Perk dismisses the lawsuit against the California Highway Patrol, after previously dismissing the case against the two CHP employees. The judge ruled that the agency and its employees had no legal duty to protect the privacy of the surviving Catsouras family.
Aug. 26, 2008:Lawyers for the Catsouras family file an appeal seeking to get Perk's ruling overturned and forcing the lawsuit to go to trial.

LE has excellent sketch artists. Let them to a sketch from the autopsy photos, showing the placement of the duct tape. That would be a whole lot easier to handle.
This would be perfect. I would truly like to see a sketch of the tape and hair placement.

That is a good solution.

I am not nearly so decent as the Catsouras.

Heaven forbid, but if something horrific ever happened to a family member and pictures like that got out anywhere, much less sent to me, I would be filled with a blood lust that would overwhelm my sorrow and grief.

I don't think I'd make it to court. I'd likely be in lock-up pretty quickly.

Curiosity Killed the Cat....ugh. I looked at all those photos. While I have to say it is SO SO WRONG that someone sent those to the family. THOSE people should be sued. However, was Niki drinking? I read that on one of the sites, but I actually have no idea. If she was drinking, maybe by showing kids photos of the accident, might make them think twice about what can happen when you are going to fast, etc. JB oh gosh I'm going to cry.

As far as Caylee's photos. I hope that one person gets to view them ALL OVER THE COURT ROOM and that's Casey!!! I know she won't care, but I hope this haunts her. I hope when the jurors look at those photo's and see Casey's blank stare they can see how cold hearted this girl had become. I admit I want to see how the duct tape was. I want to see how the trash bag was buried. However, if some way I can shield my eyes from viewing caylee's bones I would want that. However, I think of bodies this way. They are just vessels. The real person is in heaven. They are not in that body anymore.

A young woman's death
Oct. 31, 2006: Nicole “Nikki” Catsouras, 18, of Ladera Ranch, is killed when she slams her father's Porsche into a 241 toll plaza in Lake Forest.
November 2006:Graphic pictures of Nikki's body begin popping up on the Internet.
December 2006:The Catsouras family files a claim against the state, blaming the California Highway Patrol for leaking the photos.
February 2007:The CHP admits one of its employees was responsible for the leaked images, which by now are on thousands of Web sites worldwide. The agency apologizes to the Catsouras family. The family's claim against the state is rejected.
July 2007:The Catsouras family sues the CHP and two employees for the leaked photos.
March 2008:Orange County Superior Court Judge Steven L. Perk dismisses the lawsuit against the California Highway Patrol, after previously dismissing the case against the two CHP employees. The judge ruled that the agency and its employees had no legal duty to protect the privacy of the surviving Catsouras family.
Aug. 26, 2008:Lawyers for the Catsouras family file an appeal seeking to get Perk's ruling overturned and forcing the lawsuit to go to trial.

JBean,

After reading this, and your post before it, would you mind terribly if I jumped on your Rant Tail?
Oooooohh Maaaan....the words I have at the tip of my tongue are not fit for the ugliest, biggest Roach to hear.

Is there some place I can just READ about Nikki and her parents quest for justice WITHOUT seeing the pics? Last night was the first I've ever heard of the case. I live on the opposite side of the country (Floriduh) and either it wasn't reported, or I missed it on the news/didn't pay any attention to it when it was reported.

<respectfully snipped>
The person that leaked Rhianna's photo will be charged with a felony.

O/T but - so they should be. It's being reported tonight that TMZ paid 62,500 for the leaked photo. LAPD brass are supposedly burning up and subpoenas have already gone out.

On Topic: If Caylee's autopsy photos were leaked vs. released, I would hope the Earnhardt laws would be applied fully.

Under the Florida Law's I don't believe they are allowed to be released - something to do with Dale Earnhart's photos - can't remember the name of the law at the moment.

From: http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/02/09/smith.pictures/index.html

"In 2001, Florida passed a law, known as the Earnhardt Family Protection Act. The bill, named for NASCAR legend Dale Earnhardt, made autopsy photographs, video and audio recordings confidential. Violators could be charged with a third degree felony that could be punishable by jail time and up to a $5,000 fine."

Bumping this to show why I don't believe any photo's will be released, this was a "HUGE" deal when it happened, and I believe it will apply here.

With the amount of animosity a lot of people feel for the A family, I cant help but believe that if Caylee's autopsy photos were released to the public, someone (and maybe a lot of someones) would feel the need to email or text them to the family. Nikki's family must have been tortured over receiving that stuff and I can bet that it would send both George and Cindy over the edge.

Seeing the photos for trial is one thing. This thread has demonstrated the depravity of certain individuals that get their kicks tormenting families. They should not be released.

Good Lord I hope not! HOWEVER, I do think that if there is a buck to be made from them, KC and Company will feel that they should get the $$ before anyone else so I think they may even sell them themselves...:shakehead::shakehead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noonoo91
Back