Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #191

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What's this? Promoted, transferred, quit, fired or error in reporting?

Former Westville warden’s testimony

The defense said the overall psychological environment at Westville Correctional Facility led Allen to say things he otherwise wouldn’t have.

John Galipeau,
who was warden at Westville when Allen was there, ...

The Defense have claimed a lot of stuff that’s now been proven to be lies

Like the mysterious “F” on the tree which was Libby’s bloody hand which they claim Odins did.

Oh and not forgetting they were hung upside down and there was little to no blood. ( Moo) as been awhile since I read the fictitious franks.

In processing a lot of the information that came out in the 3 day hearings I'm really looking at IN 5.3 in an entirely new light:

Rule 5.3. Responsibilities Regarding Nonlawyer Assistants

With respect to a non lawyer employed or retained by or associated with a lawyer:

(a) a partner, and a lawyer who individually or together with other lawyers possess comparable managerial authority in a law firm shall make reasonable efforts to ensure that the firm has in effect measures giving reasonable assurance that the person's conduct is compatible with the professional obligations of the lawyer;

(b) a lawyer having direct supervisory authority over the non lawyer shall make reasonable efforts to ensure that the person's conduct is compatible with the professional obligations of the lawyer; and

(c) a lawyer shall be responsible for conduct of such a person that would be a violation of the Rules of Professional Conduct if engaged in by a lawyer if:

(1) the lawyer orders or, with the knowledge of the specific conduct, ratifies the conduct involved; or

(2) the lawyer is a partner or has comparable managerial authority in the law firm in which the person is employed, or has direct supervisory authority over the person, and knows of the conduct at a time when its consequences can be avoided or mitigated but fails to take reasonable remedial action.

Comment

[1] Lawyers generally employ assistants in their practice, including secretaries, investigators, law student interns, paralegals and other paraprofessionals. Such assistants, whether employees or independent contractors, act for the lawyer in rendition of the lawyer's professional services. A lawyer must give such assistants appropriate instruction and supervision concerning the ethical aspects of their employment, particularly regarding the obligation not to disclose information relating to representation of the client, and should be responsible for their work product. The measures employed in supervising nonlawyers should take account of the fact that they may not have legal training and are not subject to professional discipline.

[2] Paragraph (a) requires lawyers with managerial authority within a law firm to make reasonable efforts to establish internal policies and procedures designed to provide reasonable assurance that nonlawyers in the firm will act in a way compatible with the Rules of Professional Conduct. See Comment [1] to Rule 5.1. Paragraph (b) applies to lawyers who have supervisory authority over the work of a nonlawyer. Paragraph (c) specifies the circumstances in which a lawyer is responsible for conduct of a non lawyer that would be a violation of the Rules of Professional Conduct if engaged in by a lawyer.

Indiana Rules of Professional Conduct

Like the mysterious “F” on the tree which was Libby’s bloody hand which they claim Odins did.

Oh and not forgetting they were hung upside down and there was little to no blood. ( Moo) as been awhile since I read the fictitious franks.
This was truly the most disturbing new piece of info I learned. Imagine what these girls went through and then in her last moments she grabs her neck, like any of us would do when we have a wound, and then grabs the tree or reaches out in her last moments and her bloody hand makes that mark on the tree.... THEN along come the defense and their speculations and they say this was a symbol painted on the tree in blood as part of some ritual. Possibly the last movements Libby made created this bloody print and in an attempt to get their client off the hook, it's portrayed as ruins painted by the real killers as some sacrifice in the woods and all that drama that then came from their imagination creation of the crime scene.

I think you might have missed my point = the part I highlighted in red.
It appears that Galipeau is no longer the warden at Westville. I was wondering why.

No idea who that is I’m afraid but the prostitution said they couldn’t place anybody else at the crime scene when they investigated.

RA
60+ confessions and some containing details only the killer would know
On the bridge and admits he was and can be placed on the first platform
His gun ejected a bullet found between the bodies which can be matched to his gun
Dressed similarly as BG
He matches BG from the video in weight and height

Moo
Sorry… I had forgotten to add a link. Here it is again (I edited last post to include it). You see that according to this, EF placed himself at the scene of the murders as opposed to just on the bridge.

I really like the question posed earlier....What's RA's alibi? If he wasn't at the bridge, the creek, the crime site....then....where was he? Why hasn't the DT spelled THAT out in great detail?

Yes if they had a solid alibi we would know about it.

Just like the others they are claiming did it who all have alibis and have been checked out.

With this defense you can tell when they are hiding something as they don’t address the elephant in the room.

IMO

I really like the question posed earlier....What's RA's alibi? If he wasn't at the bridge, the creek, the crime site....then....where was he? Why hasn't the DT spelled THAT out in great detail?
If he went home and watched tv, or had a nap…. Might be a hard one to prove. Especially if he did not do things like: call someone / text someone or do something online that is in his search from say a pc that was stationary at home and would show history and date / time.

I have often wondered, once he left, what did he do next? Who did he talk to and what time did he next talk to someone? What did he do that night? The next day??

If they can't prove his car was parked at the old CPS building, would he need an alibi?
The latest time we heard the witness report was around 2:15 and it was not a vehicle similar to his.

If he went home and watched tv, or had a nap…. Might be a hard one to prove. Especially if he did not do things like: call someone / text someone or do something online that is in his search from say a pc that was stationary at home and would show history and date / time.

I have often wondered, once he left, what did he do next? Who did he talk to and what time did he next talk to someone? What did he do that night? The next day??
I've wondered too, what did he do after leaving the crime scene. Stop to get something to eat on the way home? Text his wife about Valentine plans? Take a shower? Take a nap?

Go into depression or feel giddy and excited? Or, just nothing.

jmo

Last edited:

The defense said the overall psychological environment at Westville Correctional Facility led Allen to say things he otherwise wouldn’t have.

John Galipeau,

Lots of science fiction the defense has spewed out. Your mileage may vary moo

I have yet to read a definitive statement from RA’s defense that says: ‘Richard Allen is not the man in the photo or video on the bridge.’

jmo

One of the interesting issues Judge Gull has to consider is whether the evidence against the Odinists such as it is, is even admissible

For instance, the alleged Facebook post years earlier by BH. It didn't seem the defence has the primary source for it but rather a screencap from someone who says they saw it.

The testimony of BHs wife also sounded like hearsay or speculation?

The EF statement - a statement against interest? (I have no idea)

Be interested what she says about any of this

MOO
Those Facebook posts that were allegedly posted by BH in 2012 according to defense during day 1 of the hearings.
Which means that he posted them 5 years before the murders.
So IMO the posts didn’t mimic the crime scene. The crime mimicked the post.
If BH had a public Facebook profile then anyone could have seen that post, including RA IMO.
This is covered by The Murder Sheet summary of day one of trials.
Here is the link:

The Delphi Murders: Three Days of Pretrial Hearings: Day One

Last edited:
I've wondered too, what he did he do after leaving the crime scene. Stop to get something to eat on the way home? Text his wife about Valentine plans? Take a shower? Take a nap?

jmo
I have wondered if he washed his clothing. Duke Energy is the Delphi electric provider. A smart meter could reflect increased hourly energy usage from a an electric washer / dryer running. Looks like Duke may have already had some smart meters installed in Indiana in 2017. May not have kept 5+ years history though, by time of RA’s arrest in 2022.

“By the end of 2018, another 2.5 million customers in the two states are scheduled to have their meters replaced with the smart version. Duke Energy has been installing smart meters in Indiana and Ohio and plans to install them in all of its service territories as part of a $25 billion plan to replace the aging energy grid infrastructure.”

I've wondered too, what he did he do after leaving the crime scene. Stop to get something to eat on the way home? Text his wife about Valentine plans? Take a shower? Take a nap?

jmo
If he had stopped somewhere wouldn’t he have said that to DD? Did DD ask him where he went after leaving? If he texted his wife that may be hard to prove unless phone is still avail and still has the text on it. If he called her though, surely the phone company would have had a record of it on an old bill?

What was his typical style of communication over the cell phone? A caller? A texter? Was he an I see you calling and texting but I’ll get back to you later maybe or a, I see you calling and texting, answer right away kinda guy?

If his pattern changed on the 13th and suddenly no one could reach him or he was not replying quickly as he normally did or maybe he was much faster to reply then usual — these would be telling imo. Why a change in pattern if a change happened at all?

John Galipeau,

I think you might have missed my point = the part I highlighted in red.
It appears that Galipeau is no longer the warden at Westville. I was wondering why.
I think it's an issue of verb tense.

He was in fact the warden when RA was there. "Is" would have made for an awkard sentence. IMO he was -- and remains -- the warden.

JMO

EF put himself at the scene. Specifically, at the scene when and where the kids died as opposed to just on the bridge. Moo.

ETA: adding a link to the franks motion so people know who I’m talking about when I say EF.

EF isn't being charged.
He was looked at briefly and that was it.
If LE really wanted to just pin this on someone, it would have been easy.
Yet, they waited to persue the correct person.

BTW,
What did EF confess to?
He claimed to have been there and spitting on AW. He claimed to have given her horns.

I am not aware of him EVER saying that he physically killed the girls.

It seems to have been attention seeking at best.
JMO

Seems pretty straight forward doesn’t it?

If I’m not the guy on the Bridge, and I’m not the guy saying “down the hill”, and I’m not the guy walking bloodied and muddied away from the Monon Trails, and I’m not the guy who’s gun happened to drop a bullet in the middle of a crime scene, that has never been lent to anyone, OKEY DOKEY THEN.

If you aren’t that guy, WHERE WERE YOU WHEN ALL OF THIS WAS GOING DOWN? We can end this if you weren’t there. Just tell us. WHERE WERE YOU? Pretty simple if you’re innocent right?

Maybe at work? Having a brew in town? Chilling at home?

Anybody see you? Who or what is your alibi?

Oh…you don’t have one? No one can corroborate your whereabouts?

Hold on…Abby and Libby know where you were because Libby has you on video. Remember that? But there’s more. Video caught your vehicle. Multiple witnesses can put you on the trails. Yup they can.

But there’s more. YOU PUT YOURSELF THERE. YOU PUT YOURSELF ON THE BRIDGE WATCHING FISH AND WATCHING THE STOCK TICKER. How’d that work out for you? Did you make any money that day? What stocks were you watching?

The guy was there. No conspiracy. No odinists, no ceremonial knife, no accomplices, the girls died where they were found. End of story. It’s actually not that complicated. No need to twist and turn things inside out to fit a fictitious narrative.

It was brutal and it was quick. They didn’t stand a chance. They fought but couldn’t get away.

We know who did it. Yes we do. The guy without an alibi that’s who!

Now we need to know why.

MOO

ETA: IIRC the Defence have NEVER said RA wasn’t there. They’ve been pretty careful with that. All they’ve tried to make us believe, through subterfuge and lies, is that SODDI.

Last edited:
Those Facebook posts that were allegedly posted by BH in 2012 according to defense during day 1 of the hearings.
Which means that he posted them 5 years before the murders.
So IMO the posts didn’t mimic the crime scene. The crime mimicked the post.
If BH had a public Facebook profile then anyone could have seen that post, including RA IMO.
This is covered by The Murder Sheet summary of day one of trials.
Here is the link:

The Delphi Murders: Three Days of Pretrial Hearings: Day One

Yes. And also it doesn't seem like they have the actual exhibit and metadata from Facebook. IMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ouisie
Back