2009.02.21 Geraldo at Large

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be something major happening out of this,probably tomorrow,but most likely this week.I feel this is really bad.I guess they'll be no more vigils together.EEK!

Except donations are supposed to go for the search of finding Haleigh and not to personal expenditures. I guess if people understand it is what the donations are for...it is fine...but if they feel they are donating to help find Haleigh...we have a problem.

Yes, you are right, but I understood the funeral home guy Matt when he said it was to help the family and help take care of JR. But, yes they do need to make it clear.

It says that GR's interrogation of Ron was nothing short of harrassment and has nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance.

I don't believe LE thinks that Ron was involved in Haleigh's disappearance but I can't say that about his circle of friends and acquaintances including Misty and her friends and family.

It also says that LE did not sanction GR's interview/interrogation of the families.

IIRC, NO ONE has been cleared, and that includes Ronald C.
And since when does a reporter/journalist need LE's permission to do an interview, unless they are in jail, of course?
I do believe we still have that pesky first amendment/freedom of the press?
When the family said get out, did he get out? He must have or he would've already been arrested.
All this proves to me is that RC has some back up with LE, whether through his mom, or some other means.
But I don't know for sure, if someone really was a narc, or sold out to shob, would the press need to ask permission from LE to interview that person?

It's taken me all evening to catch up with this thread! Every time I read a page, I found 3 more pages of posts had been added.

I've followed this case from the beginning and watched Geraldo twice tonight. I don't like Geraldo, and wouldn't have watched tonight, but after his appearance on Bill O'Reilly Friday night, I wanted to see if this was going to be another empty safe.

At this point, I don't think either parent had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance. But, I don't think this was a stranger abduction either. I think it was someone known to one of the principle players in this case.

Haleigh disappeared while in the care of her father. I believe he made a bad judgement call by having a 17-year-old girl, who appears to have a drug problem, responsible for caring for his children.

There are things about this case that I find very concerning. Number one is that almost 12 days after Haleigh's disappearance, the police still have possession of the family home as a crime scene, and have stated publicly that no one is cleared. Even after taking polygraphs, both RC and MC haven't been cleared.

I'm concerned with RC's behavior, beginning with the 911 call. In that call he said that someone stole his child, when there could have been other circumstances for her being missing. He was verbally abusive to Misty. His threats to kill whoever took Haleigh are concerning. His denial of drug use, when he's got a record of drug charges. His denial of having any enemies and his denial of fighting with someone, when his mother confirmed there was a fight two weeks prior to Haleigh's disappearance. I'm troubled too by RC, an adult, having relationships with minors. If what's been stated is true, he's had children with two 17-year-olds in five years.

Misty's inconsistencies are very troubling. Where is she? She's disappeared, and I really wonder why?

I beleive that Geraldo's goal in all this was simply self-promotion. It's about ratings, and now he's started a war between the parents.

At this point, I don't think either parent should have custody of Haleigh (if she's found alive) and Junior.

I really hope LE is not taking the focus off of a stranger/SO abduction here...I do hope they are continuing to look in that direction also. It's very worrisome that there are 44 registered SO's in her immediate area, not to mention the SO's that we don't know about. I pray that none of the family members are responsible, unless she is alive and well and they feel they are protecting Haleigh for some reason...but then why not take them both? Why only take Haleigh? Could Haleigh have gotton up thinking she heard her father coming in from work? Maybe the one who took her didn't have to actually walk all the way through the house to the bedroom to take her, maybe she was already in the kitchen near the back door, thinking she heard her dad coming home?...I don't know...
If it were someone close to Haleigh and knew her lifelong challenges...it could be it was a "logical choice". She was facing many years of doctor's visits and eventually a life which was uncertain as to her medical needs. I do hate to say it, but someone has to...she was going to turn into a medical burden eventually. Another motive.

He spent no time over it. This tells me that he could have been in a situation that was not of his making. Was it Crystal's instead?! We don't know, but at the time...he was with her. Since he hasn't thrown her under the proverbial bus yet...we have no way of knowing. The judge didn't think his charges were bad enough to go to prison. If not...why not?! As far as the drugs are concerned...was he in a car or house where it was found? We do not know any particulars to date. It is on his record...but wouldn't you expect to see a lengthy prison sentence attached?! I would! (And if the informant thing is true...God help Geraldo because he just drew another line in the sand for the enemy.)

SS, I assure you that Ronald should have done some time with as many charges as he had. Leaving the scene of an accident with injuries is no small thing either. Not too many judges would look at his record and think he should not do any time at all. If Ronald was in possession of drugs, then yes, it was of his making. I am in the Central Time Zone and watched again. Yes, Ronald does lie about past drug charges.

I cannot bear Geraldo, but had it been anyone else asking these very questions, many of us would have thought it to be great.

I agree. AND the cousin was supposedly in the car with Ron while he was doing drugs and had an accident. But he took a drug test after the accident and it was proven that he wasn't on drugs when her cousin allegedly said he was.

Actually, I have not seen this noted anywhere. Can you point it out to me? TIA, CeeKer.

SS, I assure you that Ronald should have done some time with as many charges as he had. Leaving the scene of an accident with injuries is no small thing either. Not too many judges would look at his record and think he should not do any time at all. If Ronald was in possession of drugs, then yes, it was of his making. I am in the Central Time Zone and watched again. Yes, Ronald does lie about past drug charges.

I cannot bear Geraldo, but had it been anyone else asking these very questions, many of us would have thought it to be great.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree and wait on the transcript. I have dvr and watched it several times to make sure. He does not.

I want to address this issue of "He was at work"..... a child could be hit (in the head) or head hit against something hard after being struck and have a concussion that goes unnoticed. It's completely within the realm of possibility that he could have struck that little girl and she could have suffered from a concussion - brain injury - and died later in the evening or during sleep.

-------
Bleeding into or around the brain can occur with any blow to the head, whether or not unconsciousness occurs. If someone has received a blow to the head, they should be watched closely for signs of possible brain damage.

Things to watch for include repeated vomiting, unequal pupils, confused mental state or varying levels of consciousness, seizure-like activity, weakness on one side of the body or the inability to wake up (coma). If any of these signs are present, immediately call your health care provider.
-----------

Blankets could have just as easily been soiled from vomit as pee.

It only takes a minute for an adult to fatally injure a child. This whole deal about Ronald having been at work has not been proven at all yet. Something could have happened to Haleigh before he even went to work. The bottom line is that we just do not have any facts verified by LE.

I am not a Ronald or a Crystal advocate. I am a Haleigh advocate. Why does it seem as if everyone has taken sides? I think that is sad. AND, I do not for one moment believe that Ronald or Crystal have been completely honest. Misty either.

If cousin Candace really saw R do that to H did she tell bio-mom right away? If not, why not? If so, why didn't bio-mom do something? Ooops! She'd have to care! Nevermind!

I haven't pulled Crystal Shefflield's criminal history, but I have seen Ron's. He has several adjudications of guilt.

Ron's family lives here in Putnam County. Crystal's lives way up in Baker.
I believe that the custody and support were determined here in Putnam. It has been alleged that Ron provided the courts with a nonexistent address for Crystal. [Ain't no way he didn't know her mama's address in Baker Co.]

I don't know Teresa Neves [sp?], Ron's mother, and don't know what kind of connections she has here in Putnam [though she looks awfully familiar]. She is wonderfully supportive of Ron and would have been very pro-active, staying on top of his stuff to make sure that every deadline met, every document filed, every lawyer appt kept.

I believe that at a certain point, you have to pull your full heart out of something like this [custody dispute], or you will lose your mind. Men do it every day and have for time immemorial, and no one thinks twice about it. Sounds like Crystal figured the deck was stacked against her, she knew that Ron and Teresa loved those children fiercely and would love and care for Haleigh and Jr.

Crystal puts up a good front, looking all tough, but persons like that are often the most fragile and are doing everything in their power to keep up their facade. If you were having to be in the presence of your enemies [your abuser who took your kids, and his cadre], wouldn't you do everything you could to maintain your appearance of strength?

And then... to have your oldest "vanish"! Lord-have-mercy, I would have arrived in Satsuma and killed Ron and/or Misty, and then killed myself for not having done more to get custody and keep them safe. Lord, the guilt that must lie in every heart in these two families over things that they coulda/shoulda/woulda done.

They have all done much better at handling the media than I ever could, I can tell you that much. I don't know how or why, but it has impressed the hell0 out of me.

[lol - your Sunday morning sermon here.]

p.s. - I do not personally know any of the players in this drama except for LE.

One thing that was pointed out tonight was that we are not seeing Crystal's record because she was a minor at that time and it is sealed. He was with her at the time. It could shed a whole new light on his situation with any of those charges.

Well we've seen the great gramma on TV and she's still alive so I guess she hasn't fallen asleep at the wheel yet. At the time Crystal had physical custody, Ron did not. It was technically and legally her responsibility. She missed 12 appts for a child with Turner's disease. There is no justification in my opinion. None at all. And she had missed Jrs. heart dr. appt that very morning of court I believe!! The judge did not seem very happy about that and even challenged her on it.

At the time of those 12 appointments?
Obviously if she needed a ride from ggm, she was living in RC's world, and not a hundred miles away, so they were together and he was just as responsible to get her there as she was, imho.

I don't know and maybe you can enlighten me, but I was under the impression from the court hearing, that they seperated when he took off with the kids to go to Texas, or maybe even Mexico, and she at that time she went to live with her mom. He stated that he was also living with his mom. How can the word Mexico in that court hearing be ignored? How does that NOT scream, "you will never see your kids again?"

She said the the appointment can take hours, and she would have missed the court hearing. Now I'm gonna just take a wild guess here and say RC was the one who made that appointment in the first place since she was in the middle of a week's visitation. But No, he didn't make that appointment on that date in the morning on purpose so she would be in a lose/lose situation, no he wouldn't do that, would he?
gmab
My opinion is RC is a control freak, and a bully with capital letters. I would go even further and say that if Haleigh stated that she wanted to go live with her mom, that would have been dangerous for her, and yes this is jmo.

If it were someone close to Haleigh and knew her lifelong challenges...it could be it was a "logical choice". She was facing many years of doctor's visits and eventually a life which was uncertain as to her medical needs. I do hate to say it, but someone has to...she was going to turn into a medical burden eventually. Another motive.

The vast majority of females born with Turner Syndrome do not experience significant medical problems. It appears that most of the internal effects are only apparent through coincidental or clinical study imaging.

Do read this from the National Institute of Health:
http://turners.nichd.nih.gov/clinical.html

Neither parent has indicated that Haleigh has had complications severe enough to warrant extensive doctor visits.

At the time of those 12 appointments?
Obviously if she needed a ride from ggm, she was living in RC's world, and not a hundred miles away, so he was just as responsible to get her there as she was, imho.

She said the the appointment can take hours, and she would have missed the court hearing. Now I'm gonna just take a wild guess here and say RC was the one who made that appointment in the first place since she was in the middle of a week's visitation. But No, he didn't make that appointment on that date in the morning on purpose so she would be in a lose/lose situation, no he wouldn't do that, would he?
gmab
My opinion is RC is a control freak, and a bully with capital letters. I would go even further and say that if Haleigh stated that she wanted to go live with her mom, that would have been a dangerous thing for her to say, and yes this is jmo.
GMAB! 12 appointments and no one in her family could tear themselves free to take them? She lived with her mom! (save the time her atty swore she had a house in her name yada yada yada...where is that house now?) If he used them against her in court...he obviously wasn't around.

She also claimed she missed a court hearing because it was sent to the wrong address...but the court records do not reflect it at all.

It appears that she didn't fulfill her obligations and the court decided against her. How can you blame this on him?!

Honestly, what does their custody have to do with this child going missing? Oh, wait...let me say...MOTIVE. She obviously (along with her family) want revenge and will stop at nothing to get it. We saw it with our own eyes tonight. They do not care more about getting Haleigh back as they do about getting Ronald back!

Sickening to do this to Haleigh.

Everyone who loves her should be on the same page to find her and not rip each other up on tv. If they have a gripe with each other, or suspicions, they should be telling this to LE, not GR. I mean really, if they think these things are germaine to Haleigh's disappearance, tell LE and only LE.

The vast majority of females born with Turner Syndrome do not experience significant medical problems. It appears that most of the internal effects are only apparent through coincidental or clinical study imaging.

Do read this from the National Institute of Health:
http://turners.nichd.nih.gov/clinical.html

Neither parent has indicated that Haleigh has had complications severe enough to warrant extensive doctor visits.
However, we are not privy to her medical issues. Some can be lifelong and require medical care. We are seeing she was suppose to be monitored carefully early on.

Doesn't seem he's totally convinced she's still alive. :(

I doubt that Ron's thoughts are any different than other parents who have had a child missing. You hope your child is still alive and cling to that hope but you also know the odds...as many days as this child has been missing...are low that she is still alive.

While I don't think she had anything to do with it, I will give her this much: she is the only person I have seen yet in either family who might have enough intelligence to pull it off without leaving an obvious trail of clues. [But even she doesn't seem THAT smart, imo. Matter of fact, neither am I, lol]

Just saw the show, replayed here at 4 am.

Can't believe how Geraldo attacked Ron.:mad: Starting off with the drug informant question.

Ron did not look under the influence tonight, just maybe on a sedative, or just sooo very tired from no sleep. And I think he was very composed for one being attacked with horrible accusations, instead of Geraldo talking more about Haleigh and the search for her.

Many who watched the show due to its onesideness will come away with the impression that Ron is a drug crazed woman beater.

And to me it looked like the bio moms neighbor was hesitant in answering, even the fiancee at the end of the show.

I too like a previous poster hope LE are not concentrating on the family so much that they are not still requestioning and searching houses of convicted predators and other's in the area who could be but not on the radar yet.

At least if she is still alive, she has a father who still cares enough to miss her instead of hating her mother enough to make it about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth