2009.02.28 Geraldo at Large

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for bumping my own reply up, but there were so many posts at the same time, I wanted to be sure that it was seem by all you sleuthers.

[y'all are starting to make me feel a whole lot less crazy about my Ch-- R obsession. Relatively speaking.]

Out of curiosity, are any locals surprised that Ron had custody in the first place ?

Its not up tp Ron if she can have visitation or not, its up to the court. Ron would have to petition the court to deny Crystal visitation.At this stage, I doubt he would, Crystal has a good case of child endargement against him if she so chooses. Although Ron has physical custody, they both have joint custody. Ron tried to deny Crystal her visit after haleigh disappeared and LE had to step in. This case was stalled until GR and Crystal started a pro active move. Since then we have had three days of cadever searches, Ron and Misty re interviewed, I, for one, am glad they are taking a pro active role. Whatever it takes to break the silence of Misty and Ron.

moo

Ok...but what if the person that is to pay child support hasn't paid... in Florida, can the parent with physical custody refuse the deadbeat parent from seeing kids since he/she hasn't paid?

Its not up tp Ron if she can have visitation or not, its up to the court. Ron would have to petition the court to deny Crystal visitation.At this stage, I doubt he would, Crystal has a good case of child endargement against him if she so chooses. Although Ron has physical custody, they both have joint custody. Ron tried to deny Crystal her visit after haleigh disappeared and LE had to step in. This case was stalled until GR and Crystal started a pro active move. Since then we have had three days of cadever searches, Ron and Misty re interviewed, I, for one, am glad they are taking a pro active role. Whatever it takes to break the silence of Misty and Ron.

moo

For what it's worth, I totally agree.

One think I learned from following the Anthony case is that media does have loop holes in place so that those being interviewed do get paid...especially for exclusives.

Jr. could be repeating what he is being told...or information he is being fed so it was inappropriate for that information to be passed on as fact.

I doubt seriously that LE would have approved placing a potential witness on national tv especially a child. Not only could it put the potential witness in harms way but it would also taint any viable information they could use from the potential witness.

Ron is playing the silent game, IMO, because LE has told him not to repeat what they are discussing.

I guess a judge will determine if Crystal over stepped her bounds by placing her child on national tv without the permission of the custodial parent. Since Ron is the one authorized to make decisions for and in behalf of the children I would venture to guess that she did not legally have the right to authorize the interview with Jr. JMO

What potentional witness? Junior? LE is done with him. They will not put him on the stand.Crystal didn't need Ron's permission. Does Ron need Crystal permission to who he beds down with in the presence of his children, and a minor at that.. Let Ron throw the first salvo at Crystal and see how far that gets him.

Bottom line is neither of these two should have custody of Junior, and I believe that's about to change very soon.

I really doubt John Walsh cussed out his wife when he found out Adam was missing. I'm saying that folks who tend to call names, may find it easier when angry. Folks who don't call names probably wouldn't in any circumstance.
I'm not making a judgment on either group..
^i^
Yes...they do. Without any doubt...they do. This is not abuse, verbal or mental, imo. It is a raw, gutwrenching reaction.

I don't think people really know how John reacted to Adam's disappearance, but I saw a piece he did on it once. If I do recall correctly, things got very ugly according to him...but I would have to see it again to be more specific as to what John said or did at the time.

For anyone to say Ron is an abuser and there is proof, I would consider this making a judgement on him. Again, there is no proof Ron ever abused anyone to my knowledge.

I don't think I even need to mention how appalled I am at tonight's show and with the whole lot of them on the mother's side and Geraldo. It was despicable. I hope her antics cost her all visitation with Rj. :furious:

Ha-ha-ha! White leather furniture... in a hotel... in Putnam County. That's pretty darned funny. [And yes, I'm a local, and I'm related to 2 local hotel owners.]

Maybe my friends and neighbors and I are as crazy as loons and dumb as doornails, but not a single one has EVER mentioned Haleigh's mother as a possible suspect. NONE. Not 1. Zero. Not even a hint of such a thing.

This Small Town, USA. People gossip and speculate, but honest-to-God, NO ONE here has EVER mentioned Crystal S in regards to what happened to Haleigh.

Most of us did originally think that Ron and/or Misty had something to do with it, whether by intent or neglect. Though many still wonder about Misty's sobriety that night and Ron's bad temper, we all agree: in our opinion, no one in either of those two families is cunning enough to pull this off without leaving a trace, nor is anyone in either family evil enough to plan it out.

We pray that this will turn out to be some horrible accident, and she will be found upstream in the river. We fear deep down that it was a predator, because that makes our own children vulnerable.

The only definite "bad guy" in this story to date is GR.

Do not kid yourselves, dear readers. DCF and PCSO are watching Crystal [and Ron and Misty and g'mothers] like hawks. They might not be the brightest bulbs on the Christmas tree, but even those two agencies realize that they're under a microscope.

P.S. winterose:
I would appreciate seeing the link to the local newspaper with all of those suspicions posted, winterrose. I don't doubt you; I'm just curious which newspaper that was in, as I haven't seen it before.

I asked for a link to them.I've read the First Coastal News and News4jax and Orlando Sentinel puts you into topix for comments,locals were on there too.There was another one,I read before,but can't remember the name of it.I'll try and find it again.I've not read a bunch of bad comments about Ron,at all,people were upset about the Geraldo show.

It is really unfair to blame RC for Haleigh missing. We do not know what happened to Haleigh at this point. The whole having sex with a minor thing is so insignificant at the moment, I am sure if LE has a problem and can prove Misty and RC are having sex once this Haleigh is found they will take any steps that need to be taken.

RC is having sex with a minor and has LOST his child, I don't think Ron should retain custody. He's already lost one child, why give him a chance to lose the other.

One think I learned from following the Anthony case is that media does have loop holes in place so that those being interviewed do get paid...especially for exclusives.

Jr. could be repeating what he is being told...or information he is being fed so it was inappropriate for that information to be passed on as fact.

I doubt seriously that LE would have approved placing a potential witness on national tv especially a child. Not only could it put the potential witness in harms way but it would also taint any viable information they could use from the potential witness.

Ron is playing the silent game, IMO, because LE has told him not to repeat what they are discussing.

I guess a judge will determine if Crystal over stepped her bounds by placing her child on national tv without the permission of the custodial parent. Since Ron is the one authorized to make decisions for and in behalf of the children I would venture to guess that she did not legally have the right to authorize the interview with Jr. JMO

These people are camped out under funeral home tents out in the middle of nowhere. I promise you, LE is on/near the premises of both tents, whether to watch for suspicious activity or to make sure they are out of harm's way.

Sorry, we might be a bunch of ignorant rednecks, but we're not that stupid. At least I hope not...

Ok...but what if the person that is to pay child support hasn't paid... in Florida, can the parent with physical custody refuse the deadbeat parent from seeing kids since he/she hasn't paid?

No I know from experience the visitation and the child support are separate issues...although I wouldn't think you wouldn't want to walk into a court house if you possibly have a warrant...which I know she doesn't have yet...just saying if/when she does...

moo

Respectfully, I disagree. I don't think what CS and GR did is proactive. I think we would have seen further interviews and dog searches even if CS didn't put her 4 year old son on TV and trash RC every chance she gets.

No. Just because she's violating a court order, doesn't mean he can.
Why would anybody be so cruel as to deprive a child of his/her mother ?
Would that be fair to the child ? Especially over money.
I wonder if Ron paid child support when CS had custody ? I haven't seen anything pertaining to that.

No they can't. They woould have to petition the court. I doubt there is a judge in this country who would deny a child from seeing their parent over money issues. Wage garnishment and fines is about all a judge would enact.

moo

No I know from experience the visitation and the child support are separate issues...although I wouldn't think you wouldn't want to walk into a court house if you possibly have a warrant...which I know she doesn't have yet...just saying if/when she does...

was just curious...

here...if a father doesnt pay child support, i've seen mothers deny visitation until its been paid... just thought id ask what the actual law was

RC is having sex with a minor and has LOST his child, I don't think Ron should retain custody. He's already lost one child, why give him a chance to lose the other.

LOST? Your kidding, right? You can't belive this child is just "lost" at this point.
There is a big differance between being lost vs kidnapped. :mad:

I asked for a link to them.I've read the First Coastal News and News4jax and Orlando Sentinel puts you into topix for comments,locals were on there too.There was another one,I read before,but can't remember the name of it.I'll try and find it again.I've not read a bunch of bad comments about Ron,at all,people were upset about the Geraldo show.

FirstCoastNews, Fla Times-Union, and Orlando Sentinal are all out-of-town, big city news outlets [Jax, Jax, and Orlando. Jax is closer and even that is over an hour away.]

Putnam residents = pollocks of old jokes to people there. [Sorry if I misspelled poh'-locks.]

I am sure Misty is enjoying the focus being taken off of her.
Its all a shame, just a pure shame.
I'm going to pray for Ron tonight, one that he didn't agree to this, and 2 that if he seen his son on TV without his permission that he doesn't commit a crime tonight.
I do think that people can only be pushed so far..this would have been my breaking point.

I do sure hope someone is holding Ron down from commiting a crime tonight. His sweet daughter is gone and now his only son was put in danger. But I would not blame him. That's what parents do, protect their offspring at any cost.

Respectfully, I disagree. I don't think what CS and GR did is proactive. I think we would have seen further interviews and dog searches even if CS didn't put her 4 year old son on TV and trash RC every chance she gets.

The interviews and dog searches were prior to Junior being on TV. They came after GR's program last week, when he made some very public charges of Ron. GR is no dope, he is getting inside info from somewhere. You may harbor resentment towards GR for his stand with Baez in the Casey case, I know I did, but this time, Geraldo is on the right track. Just you wait and see what happens in the next week after tonights show. LE will be tracking down the woman who witnessed Misty at a party house. Its going to be interesting.

was just curious...

here...if a father doesnt pay child support, i've seen mothers deny visitation until its been paid... just thought id ask what the actual law was

I think they get away with denying it because the person who hasn't paid their child support doesn't want to go into the courthouse and take the chance of answering for the unpaid child support or they aren't sure if they have a warrant yet and don't want to call the police to enforce the court order...JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?