2009.03.02 - Motion Hearing (Casey Tries to Halt Release of Evidence)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
3. I have (finally) a small, itsy-bitsy reason to feel a twinge of sorrow for the perp: How embarrassing it must be to have such a bad and foolish defense attorney. I'd be cringing.

<<snipped>>

Well, she chose him. She could always fire him if she were totally disgusted with him. Yeah, right, maybe...

JB attempting to stealthily whisper to Casey that her parents were behind her and say 'hi' reads so poorly for his client. Good luck JB, it is going to be a long month of trial.

What is sad, is to see a defendant who has to be told to acknowledge her parents. It is not like she did not see them when she walked in, as they were right there...sitting in the front row.

What a piece of work.

Whoever said this BRAVO, and I'll be doggoned but JB did tell her to say hi to her parents and she did in as short a time as possible with the most insincerity.

JB attempting to stealthily whisper to Casey that her parents were behind her and say 'hi' reads so poorly for his client. Good luck JB, it is going to be a long month of trial.

Telling that he looks DIRECTLY into the camera as he whispers it, too.

I liked the line "your honor, you call the balls and strikes and frankly this one is foul".

How long did he look for that line? And said it without an um or uh. He must have practiced a long time on that one.

:D hehehehe

The difference in the pins that GA and Ca wore are very telling.

I'm curious on your thoughts. I read here that CA is not wearing a Caylee pin. Do you think it means she doesn't like Caylee, or something?

What is sad is to see a defendant who has to be told to acknowledge her parents. It is not like she did not see them as they were right there in the front row.

What a piece of work.

Boy, she sure is!

I think she's furious with them now and has probably refused to see them and is mad that they were there at all today.

I'm curious on your thoughts. I read here that CA is not wearing a Caylee pin. Do you think it means she doesn't like Caylee, or something?

Like does not much come into it. She has chosen her alliance. She is in league with the dark side; as is her son. Not so for George.

I agree. I don't think KC could care less about her parents. She only cares about one person. Herself. JB had to tell her to turn around and say hi. She could barely give them the time of day after all these months. I think its atrocious. There is nothing likeable about that girl. I can't believe she had any friends.

KC seems really nervous standing there with her parents right there. I think JB told her to say hi so she gave a lil smirk smile to them. I think she doesn't want to be bothered with her parents. IMHO.

Well. CA looked none the worse for wear and seemed she was doing well. She is going to get TMJ from that gum chewing, I tell ya.

George had his Caylee button on and did not (at least to me) look at if he is doing as well as CA.

Did not get to see Casey's face at all today, so I am going to have to see some stills of her!

Baez dissing LE and Corrections officials just burns me up!

I just can not wrap my brain around this.

#1 What kind of basis does KC have for being so angry with her family?
Because they havn't broke her from jail? sent her a file in a cake? I mean come on! I understand that she is all about herself, but my brain just does not register.

#2. The family. Why do they take this. Just think. This is years of emotional abuse by her to her family members. These people jump through hoops for her and are like sad puppy dogs that are ignored when the owner arrives home. They are sitting in those seats W-A-I-T-I-N-G for her to turn around and acknowledge their presence.

Oh, it makes me sick.

A 15 day stay after the State lets JB view the video? Can a judge do that? You have a law you're working with here. I think the media might get it released before the 15 day stay. I could be wrong, does anyone know?

Sue

Yes, a judge can do that. A judge can do whatever he/she feels like. The only caveat is that if they make any judgment that can be seen as against legal case law or precedent then it can be taken up on appeal. But something like a time to respond or a move to make a motion is something that is totally procedural and is entirely up to the judge's discretion. And the media better not release it before an order is issued from the court saying it can be released. The judge said he's isssing a stay until it's viewed by Baez and he as 15 days to file a PO after such viewing. So if the media releases anything before that time frame they could be in deep.

I didn't see KC look at her parents at all after the hearing.

This is what I thought was weird.. she turned around but it appeared to me like she avoided looking directly at them.. she looked uncomfortable and awkward..

Because they havn't broke her from jail? sent her a file in a cake? I mean come on! I understand that she is all about herself, but my brain just does not register.

#2. The family. Why do they take this. Just think. This is years of emotional abuse by her to her family members. These people jump through hoops for her and are like sad puppy dogs that are ignored when the owner arrives home. They are sitting in those seats W-A-I-T-I-N-G for her to turn around and acknowledge their presence.

Oh, it makes me sick.

My thoughts exactly.

I don't think she dislikes Caylee. But I just think her allegiance is with Casey now.

Don't shoot me but I can see where she might be coming from. I DON'T AGREE with it. I think at this point both CA and LA feel that Caylee is gone and there is nothing they can do about it now, but that they don't want to loose CMA either. So they will DO WHATEVER necessary to get CMA to walk. That includes lying.

I think in the end GA (if he can get away from the rest of his nutcase family) has the best chances at having a decent life from this point forward. He seems to be naturally going through the appropriate grieving process and I think has a better grip on reality then the rest of the A clan.

A 15 day stay after the State lets JB view the video? Can a judge do that? You have a law you're working with here. I think the media might get it released before the 15 day stay. I could be wrong, does anyone know?

Sue

Am I hearing this wrong...? Did JB ask to see the video of KC from 12/11, but not officially as discovery? Just to see what's on it, and then he'll let the court know if he wants it suppressed when it's officially released to him as discovery, so media can't get it? Huh? I thought that the SA only gives it to him as part of discovery process- why does he get special treatment AGAIN? And why is he trying to create a "conspiracy" by LE, when actually they're continueing to gather additional information relevant to their investigation? That's what they're supposed to do, JB !!!!!
He's soooooo frigging inarticulate that I have trouble following any logic in his ramblings, other than he thinks the SA, Judge, and LE are there to make his work easier so he doesn't have to make any effort himself to dig out the facts/evidence in this case....I am soooo sick of these characters' entitlement issues!

I am watching the "raw video" when the perp enters the courtroom...IMO
1) she hardly gives her parents a glance or smile...sits down.
2) Ten seconds after the camera zooms on George and Cindy, George looks down at his shoes in disappointment; Cindy rubs his back,tries to comfort him from the DISS by Casey.
3) Jose whispers something in her ear then and ONLY THEN, does she turn around and gives her parents a fake smile and quickly faces the court.

that's pretty damn sad

Well. CA looked none the worse for wear and seemed she was doing well. She is going to get TMJ from that gum chewing, I tell ya.

George had his Caylee button on and did not (at least to me) look at if he is doing as well as CA.

Did not get to see Casey's face at all today, so I am going to have to see some stills of her!

Baez dissing LE and Corrections officials just burns me up!
Amen! I agree. Jose bad~mouthing LE and Correction officers burns me up too! What is with that guy? Plus, he exaggerates his stories, sort of like his client, I think! He seems to have difficulties with authority figures or something.

Oh, it makes me sick.

I'm just not sure what it was people expected from Casey with regard to acknowledging her parents. She couldn't very well reach over the little fence and attempt to hug them, and she certainly wasn't given time to stand there and chitchat with them at the end of the hearing. She was ushered out as soon as it was done and her attorney had finished talking with her. She acknowledged them as best she could with what little time she could with as flat an affect she could muster which would be picked apart no matter what she'd done with her face, be it smiling, crying, grimacing or flipping them the middle finger.

As for her parents putting up with whatever she gives them, they made their bed with her. They can lie in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip