2009.03.10 'Presser'

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know who the woman is that Ron is hugging at the presser--she looked surprised.

http://www.wftv.com/video/18899331/index.html

I'm Ba-ack!

The woman that Ron hugged right after speaking at yesterday's presser was Kim Daley [sp?] who is the Vicitims Advocate for Putnam County.

Sorry for my absence - the murder of the 8 yr old last night happened just down the street from my house, and the kid had been at my house earlier in the afternoon. I heard all of the sirens, but thought it must have been more wildfires south of town. It's FCAT week [FL No Child Left Behind test] and I was trying to figure out how/what to tell my kids about "Little Man" getting killed. [Turns out the killer had just been taken in for psychiatric evaluation Monday. They dx'ed him with schizophrenia and then sent him home. grrr.]
My poor laptop was so eat up w/malware that I couldn't get on it anyway.

I'm sure I much to catch up on. In the meantime -

I wonder if yesterday's presser wasn't just spin control following the engagement announcement on Monday.

I'm Ba-ack!

The woman that Ron hugged right after speaking at yesterday's presser was Kim Daley [sp?] who is the Vicitims Advocate for Putnam County.

Sorry for my absence - the murder of the 8 yr old last night happened just down the street from my house, and the kid had been at my house earlier in the afternoon. I heard all of the sirens, but thought it must have been more wildfires south of town. It's FCAT week [FL No Child Left Behind test] and I was trying to figure out how/what to tell my kids about "Little Man" getting killed. [Turns out the killer had just been taken in for psychiatric evaluation Monday. They dx'ed him with schizophrenia and then sent him home. grrr.]

I wonder if yesterday's presser wasn't just spin control following the engagement announcement on Monday.

I read that this morning about the 8 yr old so sad. Another young life taken too soon!!

While I am not cleared of all suspicions of Ron, I think there is a distinct difference between "continuing to live" - following thru with plans and dreams that have already been established.

It is another thing altogether when others, like the people you mentioned, celebrate the "New life" once the "pebble" has been removed from their shoe- so to speak.

IMO, continuing to live or following through with plans so soon without your daughter is still suspicious. The typical reaction for people who have missing children is to stay in the same home the child went missing from for as long as possible, not change a thing in the childs room, leave the porch light on 24/7 for decades and not make any big decisions, because frankly, their mind and heart doesn't allow them to move on for a very long time.

Whatever the reasons behind Ron and Misty's actions, they are not typical. People know this, and is why people are critical of them.

I'm Ba-ack!

Oh I am soooo sorry for everyone affected by that boys death. Another one that is tragic and could have been prevented. Prayers for everyone involved.

IMO, continuing to live or following through with plans so soon without your daughter is still suspicious. The typical reaction for people who have missing children is to stay in the same home the child went missing from for as long as possible, not change a thing in the childs room, leave the porch light on 24/7 for decades and not make any big decisions, because frankly, their mind and heart doesn't allow them to move on for a very long time.

Whatever the reasons behind Ron and Misty's actions, they are not typical. People know this, and is why people are critical of them.

I don't want to paint myself into a corner where I find myself being either an advocate or foe of people I have never met.

While I have experienced tragedy in my life, I have not had a child taken from me, and I suspect few if any here have either. What I do know for sure is that there is NO TYPICAL REACTION for the family of a missing child.

Considering all the socio/economic differences between the families as well as the selective media coverage they receive, they run the spectrum. We simply cannot understand where they are all coming from, but where we should all agree is in the support of a positive environment for the remaining children who have needs that must to be met RIGHT NOW. MOO

I'm Ba-ack!

Oh jeez... I'm so sorry for the loss in your community. That's horrible!!

Welcome back, and thanks for answering on who the woman is that Ron hugged yesterday.

I don't want to paint myself into a corner where I find myself being either an advocate or foe of people I have never met.

While I have experienced tragedy in my life, I have not had a child taken from me, and I suspect few if any here have either. What I do know for sure is that there is NO TYPICAL REACTION for the family of a missing child.

Considering all the socio/economic differences between the families as well as the selective media coverage they receive, they run the spectrum. We simply cannot understand where they are all coming from, but where we should all agree is in the support of a positive environment for the remaining children who have needs that must to be met RIGHT NOW. MOO

There really is a typical and normal reaction to tragic situations. Any behavior outside of typical and norm does get noticed by LE for a reason.

IDK how positive this environment will be for JR. The person who failed at keeping him and his sister safe and might be the one responsible, is now going to be his stepmom and living in the same house. And it might be very disturbing for him to see his dad and stepmom behaving this way. This could very well be too much emotionally for him to handle, in addition to handling his sister being gone.

I'm Ba-ack!

:( Oh geeze :(

That poor little boy :(

Thank you for finding out who that lady was

Also, I believe that Crystal made the multiple references to "Mommy AND Daddy" because she is the one that has more damage to UNDUE on that front. I am not blaming Crystal for anything she has done in the past to get her daughter back. I do think that it has had a negative effect on the public's perception of this case and I believe that LE, having not ruled out anyone, did not want her to continue down a path that appeared to many, as isolating out only one person.

I think it is "last call" and Crystal is feeling regret over her past divisiveness toward Ron. It could be possible she feels guilt for perpetuating that distration and wants to make it right. Crystal was telling the public today, that BOTH parents are missing Haleigh and are on the same page. Ron did not need to make that correction as he has not spoken out toward Crystal. He only needed to reiterate the same plea for his daughter.

If Crystal is viewing Ron as a victim in the same category as she would place herself, then shouldn't we?IMHOA

Good Point, I hadn't thought of that when I was thinking of her references to both of them.

His concern is not Crystal. It is Haleigh.

And proposing in Chili's and going to the court house to get a marriage license and driving hours to get a tattoo. He can do all that, but can't take 5 minutes to shut up and show some respect for the mother of his children and her pain.
Then again there's no reason to expect him to show any woman respect.

I have watched the presser a few more times since yesterday, LE didnt announce any change in status. That gave me alot of HOPE that lil Haleigh is still alive.
The fact that all LE was there and represented leads me to believe they have something, as small as it maybe ... I think they may have something! JMHO

Also, I believe that Crystal made the multiple references to "Mommy AND Daddy" because she is the one that has more damage to UNDUE on that front. I am not blaming Crystal for anything she has done in the past to get her daughter back. I do think that it has had a negative effect on the public's perception of this case and I believe that LE, having not ruled out anyone, did not want her to continue down a path that appeared to many, as isolating out only one person.

I think it is "last call" and Crystal is feeling regret over her past divisiveness toward Ron. It could be possible she feels guilt for perpetuating that distration and wants to make it right. Crystal was telling the public today, that BOTH parents are missing Haleigh and are on the same page. Ron did not need to make that correction as he has not spoken out toward Crystal. He only needed to reiterate the same plea for his daughter.

If Crystal is viewing Ron as a victim in the same category as she would place herself, then shouldn't we?IMHOA
Very good post. I don't know any of these folks so I can't get hung up as to whether I would personally like one more than the other. I think we need to dismiss rumors and accusations and focus on their actions. The most significant action RC has taken is to consistently ask for Haleigh's return and to tell her he loves her & isn't giving up. The most significant action CS has taken is to make accusations against RC and make their other child a spectacle on TV. I find that utterly reprehensible, altho I suspect that was engineered by CS's parents more than CS. I agree that she probably regrets this now, whether due to a push from LE or her own conscience, and was trying to rectify it. IMO, all this division has been becoming a distraction from Haleigh, whereas a united front can only help finding this child.

You're right about the typical reaction, and I think this is true for any devastating life event. It's usually best to avoid any big changes for a while. I could be totally wrong on this, but I suspect that they feel that they will gain strength and comfort by making their relationship legal. Many young people going through a hard time think that if they get married, things will be better or easier. As we get older, we know differently.

Well, what I do know is ... Ron was talking to the LE for the entire time Crystal was up there. He never once looked at her, or seem to pay any attention to her. Watch for yourself.
Actually, it looked to me like RC initially smiled at Chrystal when she was called to speak. It's at about 1:33 into the video where both of them spoke. He walked to the back and exactly when her name was called, he looked directly at her and smiled as she got up to speak. I saw it as him encouraging her. Once she stared to speak, then RC had an arm around a member of LE who was whispering to him and it appeared that he smiled in response to whatever the guy was saying. I assumed it was also something encouraging. We're all reading things into their expressions but, clearly, RC was not regarding this as a fun or frivolous occasion.

I respectfully disagree. I thought Ronald's behavior at the presser yesterday was terrible and disrespectful. My opinion.

I'm Ba-ack!

What a terrible tragedy! I'm so sorry that this touched upon you and your family. It's so hard to know how to explain this to children when we can hardly understand these things ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420