2009.03.14 Geraldo - Dr. Baden, Slip or Not on Chloroform In Caylee's hair test?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is, we caught the insects in our net, brought out our chloroformed cotton ball, put the insect and chloroformed cotton ball into a small container w/a lid, and voila, the insect died. Then we could take a straight pin and pin the insect onto our collection board.

I can't believe I did that!! Nowdays, I would not even kill a butterfly. Naive life back then, with colleges trusting kids w/chloroform.

Good lord, that gives a new meaning to the chloroform spilled in a closed trunk!

Oh I so hope they try to say she accidentally overdosed her daughter with chloroform...yes, all mothers chloroform their children to sleep and Casey just accidentally gave her too much. :doh:that would be the most stupid mistake they could make and would be Casey's final nail in her coffin.

I don't remember specifically how the charges are written. But the neglect/abuse charge is interesting. In the state of Florida, it is murder to accidently kill your child during the commission of child abuse. So yeah, the defense would be screwed and it would be the final nail in Casey's coffin.

LOL-- There actually IS a guy called Dr. Perper! All this time, I thought mention of him was slang for a generic forensic Dr. for hire for the perpetrator!

OMG-- my mistake cracks me up. I thought it was word-play on Dr. Pepper.

LOL :clap:

If Dr. Baden does have information that chloroform was found in or on hair, then it did come from an OCSO/FBI leak. That information is nowhere in any of the doc dumps. The doc dumps are what the prosecution gives to the defense as discovery. Unless there was a leak, the defense does not know more about the forensics than we do.

Talking heads have said a variety of things like KC's prints were found on the duct tape, the toy horse matches one(s) in the house, heart sticker matches, a knife with the body, etc.

WOW - just after SA and LE ordered NO MORE LEAKS! I think we can guess where this one came from . . .:shocked2:

Irony of all ironies! LOL WHAT timing!

If Dr. Baden does have information that chloroform was found in or on hair, then it did come from an OCSO/FBI leak. That information is nowhere in any of the doc dumps. The doc dumps are what the prosecution gives to the defense as discovery. Unless there was a leak, the defense does not know more about the forensics than we do.

Talking heads have said a variety of things like KC's prints were found on the duct tape, the toy horse matches one(s) in the house, heart sticker matches, a knife with the body, etc.

Or is it possible that the defense has done their own testing and he slipped up and said something his wife had told him? Either way, it sounded to me like a slip of the tongue and not anything done purposely. He seemed to fumble to get back to the subject of whether drug testing was relevant in the ANS case.

This case is so interesting and you never know where the next "bombshell" is coming from. I have learned a whole lot just by reading the various threads here at WS. You all are amazing!! :clap:

I hate the fact that a DR. would be doing this. IMO very wrong on so many levels. I wish someone from the media would ask Dr. B to "PROVE" what he said. I don't think at this stage of the "game" LE will take the bait.

The first step is to have Baden confirm that he said what we think he said. I want to know if he said chloroform and hair.

"Dog n Suds" (drive in restaurant) is not Dog in Suds, but it sure sounds like it when you hear somebody say it.

You don't think the defense has run their own testing on the hair? That would be another stupid mistake if they didn't

Or is it possible that the defense has done their own testing and he slipped up and said something his wife had told him?

The defense has not been given any hairs to test. They have probably tried to get stuff like that in their umpteen denied motions.

The defense has not been given any hairs to test. They have probably tried to get stuff like that in their umpteen denied motions.

The defense did their own 'autospy' back in Dec, if they didn't test the hair and bones they are truly incompetent.

The first step is to have Baden confirm that he said what we think he said. I want to know if he said chloroform and hair.

"Dog n Suds" (drive in restaurant) is not Dog in Suds, but it sure sounds like it when you hear somebody say it.

Honestly Hot Dogs I was watching late last night and almost fell off the couch! I distinctly heard him say "well they found chloroform in the baby's hair".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fZsd--Y2Hk

The defense did their own 'autospy' back in Dec, if they didn't test the hair and bones they are truly incompetent.

Tell me about that autopsy. Did the State hand over the remains, and watch the defense drive away with the bones?

PattyCake said:
Honestly Hot Dogs I was watching late last night and almost fell off the couch! I distinctly heard him say "well they found chloroform in the baby's hair".

It does sound like he said that. I listened many times. Then when I entertained the possibility that he said "and" or "n", it sounded like he said that too.

Tell me about that autopsy. Did the State hand over the remains, and watch the defense drive away with the bones?

It does sound like he said that. I listened many times. Then when I entertained the possibility that he said "and" or "n", it sounded like he said that too.

You think he might have said chloroform and hair???
Where would the cloroform have been found, if not in the hair?

thanks for the updates everyone,

JB can not be very happy today.

Okay...who else thinks it's Ironic that GR would be the one to drop that line in?? hmm

I know i keep talking about them, but the Astrology threads have pointed to KC drugging Caylee for a period of time before her death. check it out...

Really want to see the lab results on that Gatorade bottle found ??? now...

Not trying to be argumentative at all...

But, wouldn't the ME's report have indicated something regarding chloroform as likely COD if this information was truly available via forensics on the hair??? :confused:

I understand "in" the hair would mean peri-mortem...so...a technicality?

I'm just sayin'...

No, that wouldn't be the case. Even if the chloroform was found to be present in her hair, there is no way for the ME to prove that it contributed to her death, so therefore would be irrelevant. You can only test for the presence of a drug, not the quantity. There's nothing to say definitively that Chloroform was the COD. She could have been Chloroforming Caylee for months but killed her by putting a pillow over her face and suffocating her. KWIM.

Dr. G. stated at the presser that the tox results were still pending but would probably not change the COD from unknown. The tox results may not have change the COD on the death certificate but they will be of great importance to the prosecution.

I would like to go on record as thinking Baden has no extra info and he was talking hypothetically.

He has no evidence of chloroform in Caylee's hair.

OH, sorry I get it. You mean to say that he could have said "well they found chloroform and the baby's hair".

I'm thinking the entire context of the discussion that went on last night on the show, he did mean chloroform IN the baby's hair. As they were discussing how there were no tests done on Anna Nicoles to show the levels of drugs in her hair. He was comparing that this WAS done to Caylees hair to show chloroform found.

With respect to document dumps to the public, I used to work as a legal researcher. While it's not in official documents, knowledge, arguments & discussions are held between prosecution & defense all the time. It could have been part of negotiations of a plea deal between the groups. Who knows? But if there's evidence like this, no reason the camps wouldn't both know even though defense does not have official confirmation in writing.

I think this is a big OOOOPS on Badens part and as of now, I can see JB blowing a fuse with this 'innocent' slip up. I really don't think he meant to say it at all.

No, that wouldn't be the case. Even if the chloroform was found to be present in her hair, there is no way for the ME to prove that it contributed to her death, so therefore would be irrelevant. You can only test for the presence of a drug, not the quantity. There's nothing to say definitively that Chloroform was the COD. She could have been Chloroforming Caylee for months but killed her by putting a pillow over her face and suffocating her. KWIM.

Dr. G. stated at the presser that the tox results were still pending but would probably not change the COD from unknown. The tox results may not have change the COD on the death certificate but they will be of great importance to the prosecution.

It may not show cause of death, but DOES show criminal behavior on the part of KC. Chloroforming your child is criminal and could easily kill a child. That is good enough for me. Sure does not lean towards any form of innocence on KC's end at all. It shows horrific abuse towards this child.

You think he might have said chloroform and hair???
Where would the cloroform have been found, if not in the hair?

Yes, he might have said chloroform and hair. The trunk contained elevated levels of chloroform, as well as at least one hair from Caylee (post-mortem).

As an aside, the trunk may have also contained Caylee's hairs from 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nancydrewmom