2009.03.16 Nancy Grace Mon. night exclusive w/ Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching a Cobra youtube,just a link I saw today and he had a key to open a guy's door,he was searching for and I think it was one of those bumper keys you can buy online to open doors.It wasn't a hotel room,but some guy's home.Isn't it terrible you can buy a set of keys to open people's home doors?It should be illegal,it says on the site it is,but you only have to say you work for some type of LE,but don't have to have proof,just a credit card.

You don't have to buy a bump key. You can make one. There are websites and videos online that show you how. Anyone can do it. Now they sell locks that are supposed to be bump proof, but they are expensive. Doubt you could get one at Wal-Mart which is where Ron said he bought the locks he put on the doors.

Teresa: the cousin was there
Ron: the cousin wasn't there

You know what's funny ?

Both Teresa and Ron say they weren't there (at the MH) at that time. So how would either one of them know whether or not the cousin was there (at the MH) :confused: ?

Wasn't it reported last week sometime by the previous tenant of this trailer that he put up a dead bolt, up very high on that door, and that Haleigh could not reach it up so high. Tonight Ron said that he went to wal-mart and purchased new ones, removed the ones that were there, and put his own in.....I know that the door is a metal door on the inside because that is what trailer doors are made of....I tried to look very close tonight for previous holes way up high, and saw NONE. Isn't that odd?? Maybe it's a new door???

I too changed the locks when I moved into a place that I am renting. My door is metal also. I didn't drill a new hole though, just replaced the current locks with some with different keys.

I wouldn't have answered that for Jr's safety. National tv didn't need to know where he was.
I'm thinking since he asked if he had to answer that, that he signed an agreement that he would answer every question. that's my opinion.

I think that he felt pressured to answer. She asked why he couldn't say and it seemed if he felt like it would look like he was trying to hide something if he wouldn't say. He really is in a "no win" situation. If he avoids answering he is covering and if he answers, he may word it wrong. If he wanted to hide and cover, I believe he would have an attorney answering all of the questions.

You don't have to buy a bump key. You can make one. There are websites and videos online that show you how. Anyone can do it. Now they sell locks that are supposed to be bump proof, but they are expensive. Doubt you could get one at Wal-Mart which is where Ron said he bought the locks he put on the doors.
I was just thinking of him saying he got it at Wal-mart, and nothing against Wal-mart, but the lock does not look expensive at all. I think it's also the first time I've seen a dead bolt installed underneath the door knob!

You know what's funny ?

Both Teresa and Ron say they weren't there (at the MH) at that time. So how would either one of them know whether or not the cousin was there (at the MH) :confused: ?
Exactly! They'd have to ask either Misty or the cousin! :D

Have a good night everyone! :seeya:

Some people just cant offer comfort. Its not that they dont care. Alot of people are like that especially when there young. And it would also depend on how he was raised. In my family there was alot of love hugs and kisses but in my hubby family there wasnt little or none.Some men and women have a hard time giving comfort.

Ron probably read or heard also all the snide remarks posters on local news commentaries (First Coast) were making about TN needing to cut the apron strings after they heard she went with to NY on the "honeymoon" - I'm sure that made him uncomfortable as he probably sees himself as a macho guy not needing his mom. If he'd held her hand he would have had comments about that, it's almost like neither of Haleigh's parents can win because they're being watched so closely by news media, their neighbors there, and all of us, no matter what they do, someone will find something wrong with it.

That doesn't bother me, either. I expect emotions to ebb and flow as the days go by. I also understand frustration, although I think his inability to suppress it is a puzzle piece that tells us something about him.

I also agree with him about the bathroom light thing, and I think her going to the other bathroom would be understandable.

I was most surprised by the way the screen door and interior doors closed themselves. The screen one was heavy and loud. And it's clear that she would have had to open the interior door to see that it was propped open. I don't see a problem with that, though.

My assumption is that LE has experienced other conflicting statements in the 30 hours of questioning, and probably a questionable polygraph, and that is why they are saying getting her answers is key to solving the crime.

ITA with your post.

The bathroom light thing is pretty easy to explain to me. My theory is that she "woke" up to go to the bathroom, saw the light on and went to investigate towards the kitchen instead of straight to the masterbath.

The way she speaks is the reason for some of the inconsistencies for sure.

" I got up to go to the bathroom and I saw the kitchen light on" makes it sound like for sure she's going to the other bathroom. But if she said "I woke up because I had to go to the bathroom, but I noticed the light on in the kitchen" there would be no questions.

He said something REALLY weird here....he said he changed the lock because he didn't want THIS TO HAPPEN...not so no one could burglarize the house etc. he implied he was thinking specifically that THIS might happen.

That is what jumped out at me tonight also. Then after he said it, he looked like he was mad at himself for letting it slip. Did he change the locks right after he moved in, or more recently?

Misty may say she didn't leave the house, but did she ever open the back door, like to take out the trash or whatnot? Could she have propped open the screen door so she could stand there and smoke? And just forgot to lock it after going back inside, or maybe thinks she locked it but it wasn't? Still so many questions! MOO
This always struck me as a possibility since both RC & MC say that they don't smoke in the house. She may have gotten distracted by the kids when she closed the door and didn't lock it. But in her mind, she thinks it was locked.

I agree with other posters...Misty not being there was odd. NG should have at the very least offered an explanation, or let Ron explain. I'm sure it would have been a brush off reply i.e. "she was tired etc." but it should have been addressed. Did NG think viewers weren't going to notice? ...and on a show all about "setting the record straight" and answering "lingering questions??"

Crystal knows where he's staying. Her attorney would require it.

I live in Central Illinois so have no reference to the temperature/darknesss in Florida. But as far as the time the children were supposedly eating, if they were busy playing especially with other children, I could see it being later.

Someone mentioned potential money issues with Ron not working. Somewhere in the last couple of days, I saw a video of when he got his tattoos and that people there had commended about him talking about the money he was getting since this happened.

Just wanted to say Welcome to Websleuths Titanfan! Have fun sleuthing! :)

Does anyone remember the interview with Ron and Misty on Greta where Ron claimed he redrilled the deadbolt hole off center to make it hard to open? I wonder if he did the front door the same way?

It really bothers me that Ron says Crystal made up the whole man in black story. He doesn't want to take focus off Haleigh, but accusations are taking away the focus. How does he know for sure Crystal made it up, and why wasn't he concerned that JR did see something. Crystal would have no reason to make up a bogus story. Maybe there is more to that story than just the man in black. WTH doesn't anyone ever ask about JR being awake that night according to Misti. He could have seen something.

I think RC has become very protective of Jr. And well he should be, in my opinion. Did you see where he did not want to answer the question about where Jr was while RC and TN were talking with NG? RC is probably mad at CS for putting Jr on TV and telling that story, whether it is true or not. I would be!

Everyone keeps saying that who ever took Haleigh had to know the family - that means they also know Jr. If this is true, then Jr could potentially be in danger. It was irresponsible of CS to put Jr on TV. I know she wants to find her daughter, and I don't fault her there. But she may have put Jr at risk by insisting that Jr saw someone or knows something. I think RC and TN are well aware of this.

If Jr has anything to say, he said it to LE and there is where it should stay, in my opinion.

Salem

I saw that man interviewed also and I am almost positive he was the
officer who lost his wife and child. ^i^

Yes Winter I saw the interview too, and I thought to myself... I wish people here had all watched it. Sometimes I think we try to read too much into things and this was a classic case of a reaction you wouldn't expect but just "was what it was".

You can be detached and still put your arm around your mother who is sitting beside you crying.
I think RC has a distrust of the media (for which I can't blame him), so is not demonstrative on camera. For all we know, once the camera is off, he may have given TN a big hug. All this tells us is that he didn't show affection in public.

About the Miss Nancy thing, O/T I am 47 yrs old, I am known by every child in this neighborhood as Miss Kathy. My Husband has many many young soldiers and invariably all that are from the south will never call me by my first name it's either Mam', Mrs. "R" or if I have taken a particular liking to them and they can always tell :) they too call me Miss Kathy. It's regional.

Yes, this is very regional. It is a rule of ours, and many other parents I know, that the children show respect for their elders and never call them by their first name. I tell them to say Mrs, Miss, or Mr blank. Also they are to answer with yes ma'am or sir and instead of saying "What" they had better say "ma'am" or "sir".

I know this may sound stupid to some, but it is a rule for those born and raised in the south.

I think RC has a distrust of the media (for which I can't blame him), so is not demonstrative on camera. For all we know, once the camera is off, he may have given TN a big hug. All this tells us is that he didn't show affection in public.

I seen him holding TN and MC at the last presser with the Justice Coalition but he didn't know he was on camera.

Okay, if this doesn't bring a tear to your eye, nothing will. I was in the bedroom folding cloths and listening to NG from the livingroom TV...twins were coloring in the livingroom. I heard my 4 y/o baby say "God, can you please bring Haleigh home to her mommy & daddy?" (I walked into the livingroom and saw my baby kneeling in the livingroom floor.) she continued..."she doesn't like being with a tranger (stranger), she misses her mommy & her daddy. God can you do it? God, can you bring her home? Amen...I love you

If we could only keep the heart of a child.These are the most pure words I've heard through this whole ordeal and probably some of the few words I've read online that God would accept.I'll leave it at that,I can't take much more hate and rumor,I'm sure God has been sick of it.Thank you for posting this.

I just want to say WOW. You guys here are all amazing sleuthers. All I've been doing the last two days is clicking the thanks button on posts cuz you guys catch it all. I'm trying very hard to stay on the fence until there is more evidence and you guys do a great job of presenting both sides. :clap:
Ever since the Tim Master's case was reversed I have tried to be more neutral in my judgments/opinions. I totally thought he was guilty when I read about that crime!
Anyway :blowkiss: to you all

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/22/masters.case/index.html
Link about Tim's case if anyone cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads