2009.03.16 Nancy Grace Mon. night exclusive w/ Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about when Nancy asked where Jr. was. Ron says do I have to answer that then paused and said he was with his Grandma. What was that about. I just found that very strange.
I feel as if he is hiding Jr. Maybe he is afraid of who ever took Haleigh will try and take Jr.? Or could it be that he does not want Crystal to know his new address so that they can't find him to serve him with Custody papers? Karma ....
Sounded to me like he was guarding his and his son's privacy. (The opposite of displaying him on a TV show.)

IMO, men that are abusive to their wives and children wouldn't do it to a
man...they abuse the weak and wouldn't dare hit or cuss out another man,
knowing the other man can protect themselves. ^i^

I hear ya! I really do! It's just I've known so many guys like him (a lot of guys my son was in the Marines with, alot from the South just like him). Guys that are all bluster and cuss words and "he-man" like, and then in things "women"/girlfriend oriented, they are clueless because all that bluster hides a soft heart or a stupidity I can't even begin to describe! I definitely could be wrong but I tend to see things in relation to my own experiences! LOL

The look on his face when NG asked if Misty's parents consented to the marriage made me want to slap him. I could be angry if my child was missing but I don't think I could be cocky.

I have to admit that I too rolled my eyes at NG's question...for 2 reasons.

1. It was a stupid question, obviously MC would have to have her parents concent to legally marry, as she is a minor.
2. Only 2-3 mins prior to the question, didn't she state that his marriage to a minor, etc, was a whole new kettle of fish to fry, and the focus should be on finding Haleigh? Then she turns right around and brings up questions about his marriage and dating teenagers in the past....which has nothing to do with finding Haleigh.

Yes I was bad and rolled my eyes at her too....just couldn't help myself lol. I'm sure Ron must of felt the same way at that moment.

Miss Nancy is a southern expression designating respect for a woman that is more "mature".

When I lived in the south and anyone that wasn't a child called me "Miss Jolynna" it hurt my feelings. I'd think, "Do I really LOOK that old?"

It's exactly the opposite here. Where I live, being called Miss is compliment. Being called ma'am--not so much.

Yes, this is very regional. It is a rule of ours, and many other parents I know, that the children show respect for their elders and never call them by their first name. I tell them to say Mrs, Miss, or Mr blank. Also they are to answer with yes ma'am or sir and instead of saying "What" they had better say "ma'am" or "sir".

I know this may sound stupid to some, but it is a rule for those born and raised in the south.

O/T

Thanks for sharing Myshell the same rules apply in my own home. If I am your Mother and I call your name up the stairs or outside~ I better her Ma'am and your feet hitting the ground in my direction at the same time :) I'm a mean ol' Mama! :D

I have to admit that I too rolled my eyes at NG's question...for 2 reasons.

1. It was a stupid question, obviously MC would have to have her parents concent to legally marry, as she is a minor.
2. Only 2-3 mins prior to the question, didn't she state that his marriage to a minor, etc, was a whole new kettle of fish to fry, and the focus should be on finding Haleigh? Then she turns right around and brings up questions about his marriage and dating teenagers in the past....which has nothing to do with finding Haleigh.

Yes I was bad and rolled my eyes at her too....just couldn't help myself lol. I'm sure Ron must of felt the same way at that moment.

I agree it was a dumb question, I just don't think I'd have it in me to act like that if I didn't know where my child was.

Yes, this is very regional. It is a rule of ours, and many other parents I know, that the children show respect for their elders and never call them by their first name. I tell them to say Mrs, Miss, or Mr blank. Also they are to answer with yes ma'am or sir and instead of saying "What" they had better say "ma'am" or "sir".

I know this may sound stupid to some, but it is a rule for those born and raised in the south.

Doesn't sound stupid to me. We have the same rule. Do you find people will tell your kids "oh don't bother with that, I am just Mary?" . I just smile and explain, we want the kids using the title, but, it just bugs me when people do that. Some people it is Mr/ Mz Last Name, most are Mz Suzy, Mz Pat, Mr Dave, etc.

Doesn't sound stupid to me. We have the same rule. Do you find people will tell your kids "oh don't bother with that, I am just Mary?" . I just smile and explain, we want the kids using the title, but, it just bugs me when people do that. Some people it is Mr/ Mz Last Name, most are Mz Suzy, Mz Pat, Mr Dave, etc.

Yes this does happen to me, and it does bug me because I feel they should respect my wishes as a parent.

I was so well trained that I use ma'am and sir at the drive thru. To this day the sight of a switch makes me want to say ma'am and sir. :) Before I get blasted, I do not use a switch on my kids. I use the belt to the terrycloth robe...my daughter cried and cried. Crazy I know.

Back on topic...I have to say I can see my kitchen light is on from where I'm sitting and the kitchen is around the corner...I can't see it but I can see the light. Not being smart alek (scarred by the switch, again) but light does bend.

I never minded if a child called me "Miss Jolynna". But, if a man my age or older did, it hurt my feelings.

I called my boss who was in her 70's Miss _____ until she asked me not to do it because it made her feel old. It is kind of like when people stop saying miss and say ma'am in the north. Only when people stop saying Mrs. Smith and start saying Miss Jolynna, it means you are older than just a ma'am, IMO.

My son and grandchildren live in the south. My grandchildren do address adults as Mrs., Mr. or Miss _____ and also say "ma'am" or "sir".

I agree he knows something that hes not telling....I find it interesting that when he is asked a question about Misty or what Misty did or didnt do he dosent say like most of us "She told me that....." He provides absolutly no information none zilch nada....He also is very mono tone (except when it came to coustody of Jr.) I dont believe for a min that he is this calm...It is almost like he dosent really want to be there.

I also thought that it was interesting that Misty was not on the show with him...if nothing else for "moral" support. Something continues to stink here.

Nancy wasted alot of time with him and got no information. I think he is making these shows to get some money...he really dosent appear to be all that interested in pleaing for his daughter its almost like he is resolved that she is not comming back and he knows why :liar: My 2 cents

I agree. I thought she wasted time too. Why is she asking the reporter who was in the house that night? Ask Ron. Ask Ron about the AC man, about the cousin, the gun, the fight with the gun, if Misty had been present the 3 days before, if Misty ever left the front door unlocked by mistake. Cmon Nancy! There were so many things we're wondering about! Forget your pundits, spend the whole hour with these people and crack the case wide open!
For once, Ron seemed open and friendly and willing to answer the questions.

It's not stupid at all... it's culturally accepted as a way to address people with respect. I live in Ohio and often refer to my wife as Miss D#$# when speaking of her to other people.

The transcript has it wrong,Ronald said the cousin was not in the house that night.The transcript says he said the cousin was in the house,he made it clear in the interview the cousin was not.That is the second time NG transcript has messed up.In the TN interview when NG had asked previously about who picked up Haleigh from the busstop,in the interview TN said Ronald did,but in the transcript,it said TN did.I wish whoever is doing the transcripts would get them right.

I haven't quite got Ron figured out but I do believe he has a very short fuse!

Could be just from all the stress but I think that's the way he is every day

JMO

It's not stupid at all... it's culturally accepted as a way to address people with respect. I live in Ohio and often refer to my wife as Miss D#$# when speaking of her to other people.

Also, "It's a southern thang!"

:thumb:

LOL- I was one of the ones who thought it was a bit strange in my 20's meeting my future in-laws. I told everyone to just call me by my first name and I would just call them by their first names. I also felt kind of old then being called Miss L...
Well I remember the look I got back then!! I was quickly put in my place and many years later, find it completely endearing to be referred to as Miss L.... I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

Not stupid. We're from Canada and my children have learned very quick the yes ma'am, no sir deal in Texas! And if an adult (ie: daughters scout leader) allows my 12 yr old to call her by her 1st name, it's "Miss Dianne" I tell her.

Ty myshell, even outsiders can learn proper manners.

Maybe I'm just blind and dumb... but Ron gained a few points with me tonight.

I thought NG was actually just a bit sensitive for once and gave the man some dignity. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong... Please let me know if you feel otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21