DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2..._revealed.html

Judge Says No Conflict Exists For Casey's Attorney
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 11:18:29 AM

UP TO THE MINUTE BLOG

11:16 a.m.: The hearing concludes.

11:12 a.m.: Judge reminds all concerned that anything said In Camera should not be released to the public. The prosecutor appeared to be offended by the comment and has a testy exchange with Baez.

11:09 a.m.: Judge asked for a sidebar with prosecution and defense.

11:07 a.m.: After recess, the judge says, "I'm convinced no conflict exists."

11:00 a.m.: Judge says they can meet In Camera immediately.

10:58 a.m.: Baez clarifies there was an initial retainer agreement with Casey Anthony on child neglect charges, that was superseded by the new retainer agreement. Judge says he wants to see the original retainer agreement.

10:57 a.m.: Anthony said she only signed one retainer agreement.

10:56 a.m.: Casey Anthony is sworn in and the judge asks her to confirm what is in her affidavit.

10:55 a.m.: Judge asks Baez if there are any other means of paying expenses in addition to Baez's firm paying them. Baez declines to answer because of confidentiality.

10:53 a.m.: In Camera means asking the questions in the judge's chambers.

10:52 a.m.: Baez asks that the judges questions be asked In Camera.

10:51 a.m.: Judge says Casey has a right to conflict-free counsel.

10:49 a.m.: Prosecution objects and says Baez has been using the podium as a way of speaking to the media.

10:48 a.m.: Baez says "We are on a very thin line of sixth amendment interference."

10:45 a.m.: Prosecution says the way Baez is being paid does not have to be made public. It can be done In Camera.

10:41 a.m.: The prosecution is arguing that if it is discovered Baez is making money off Casey's story. It could put a verdict in doubt.

10:37 a.m: The hearing has just started.

10:30 a.m.: We are waiting for the hearing to begin

I find Jose to be very childish. With his comments he seems to like to get people going. I think that is why KC likes him as her attorney - kind of simple minded and childish. I think he makes these comments to show KC he is better than other lawyers and to make the prosecution and others believe he is a good lawyer but it only makes him look like an unprofessional attorney who needs to get some class. The other poster was right when they mentioned that these types of lawyers end up on billboards and become ambulance chasers. Who wants an attorney that can't deal with the prosecution. I believe this is his one and only high profile case and any future criminals who see him now will know not to hire him unlike KC who thinks he has somewhat of a clue.

Jose reminds me of a teenage boy showing off in front of a girl he likes.

"Are you alright?"

That was just a dumb comment - and childish to boot. That being said, I hope JB continues to be himself throughout the trial. As much as we all despise him, you better believe the jury is going to feel the same way.

Beth C reporter from TruTV just said, "....I've, quite frankly never seen pleadings in a criminal case like Baez is filing in this case."

She also said that he could be filing motions that would be more helpful to his client but is wasting his time with these other motions......paraphrased by me.

I wish someone would wipe that smirk off of Jose's face!! He makes me wanna puke.

Does he EVER not smirk? He certainly isn't winning over many viewers so most likely the same will be true for the jurors!.

They say a case can be won or lost by the likability of the defense atty..If not for ALL the evidence that should sink KC he'd be SO screwed! :clap:

I like to think he was working any possible way to get the in camera into a public record.....I think it was a good fishing expedition. I think that the defense will feel pretty arrogant after this and that will lead to more mistakes, but the state is methodically tying that noose which will prevent an incompetent defense appeal. Clearly they believe that this is the biggest threat to the outcome-an appeal based on Baez' inability to counsel his client effectively.

Are you getting the message I wonder JB? Gotta be pretty frustrating to know you peers have this view of you....

You've nailed it Believe09.

Unfortunately, that is a bigger fear than the evidence. I feel the evidence will stand on it's own merits, but an appeal might stand on JB's lack of merit.

It reminds me of the sorts of things that happen in a middle school classroom. Teacher's exasperated with the constant bickering... tells the kids to stop picking on each other, and there's that one stupid bully that just...can't...help...it - he's gotta get the last word in, somehow.

come to think about it, it kinda reminds me of how my kids acted when they were preschoolers, too.

I was just thinking that this morning, while I got my son ready for school and contemplated the many positive "character" traits that school staff try to instill in our children, and that is: Many adults act far worse than children.

Another ITA. I have been saying for months now that JB's been going potty in his backyard too much. And it isn't just the SA he's pizzed off.

You can also count in the employees of the Jail and jail administrators, local LE, Courtroom support staff like baliffs.

Oh, there aren't enough baggies out there to clean up the little messes he's left behind to be stepped in later.

O/T he sees himself in the role of pundit on some future talk show like Geraldo or Nancy Grace...:bang:

heck, Baez barely does, she probably thinks she doesn't have to either. I've never seen something like this, such blatant disrespect for the court! This is not going to earn them any points for trial!

It's really disgusting and I'm sure the judge is noticing this and I'm glad

Talking head on Court TV saying that Baez is filing too many individual motions. Should be filing omnibus motions covering a lot at once.
Says she's never seen a defense quite like this as far as the inexperience.

Wow.... I found myself slapping the tv several times today, trying to whipe JB and KC smirks off their faces.....:slap:

The trial should be extremely interesting.....

I cannot stand how Baez always needs to say, my client is 100% innocent, :bang: he always manages to sneak that in. I think he's making such a huge mistake with that. He will be let down hard once this comes to trial and the jurors do not see her as innocent.

He doesn't want this on camera so I'd bet he's already has sold photos and videos and such. He was asked if his company is putting up the funds for motions and such and that is when he didn't want to say so on camera..something sneaky is going on!. IMO...

I wonder, what if it's CA or GA who's doing this and turning the money over to the defense, would that still be a conflict?

So now at the "aftershow" I can see KC and Jose snickering about getting under SA's skin.

Makes me want to throw up.

I think maybe the judge threw defense a bone, but just wait Jose, or better yet - wait KC - until the trial. Then wait for the GUILTY conviction. We'll see how much you smirk and snicker then, you MONSTER!

Lawyers like JB end up with their face on highway billboards making no money. Pissing off the SA doesn't get you anywhere.

Does JB think next time he represents a client in this district the SA will be lenient and cut him a deal? Or take it to trial and drag it on and on? The SA doesn't pay for it, the defense does. Clients hear about things like this and stay faaaar away from "trouble" lawyers.

Only narcissists who want this type of show will go to JB from now on. It's rather pathetic

Excellent points, and I totally agree!

I wish I could send Baez a big fat stack of yellow pages with a blank note attached: "Your future ad goes here--under failed, desperate bottom-feeding lawyers".

JMO

ETA: LOL---I stepped away from the computer during the 'in camera' session and knew the group had returned to the main courtroom when I heard the chink-chink-chink-chink of KC's lovely anklets....

When JB said he's seeing more & more proof every day of her "innocence" everyone in that courtroom (but the A's) should've broke out in LAUGHTER! That's how HYSTERICAL the comment was!

O/T he sees himself in the role of pundit on some future talk show like Geraldo or Nancy Grace...:bang:

Now, c'mon... you know he's aiming for Geraldo. I've heard he has a nice fishing boat. :crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back