2009.03.25 - Motions Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the sidebar was directed to JB and his repeated attempts to make statements in court as to KC's innocence. He felt he had to get the last word when he asked for the reminder to the SA about leaks. He's very childish, especially his comment to Ashton in the end, "Are you alright?" He had a smug look on his face when he said it. I think Ashton wanted to come over and knock that smug right off his face. Baez better go and practice law in another county after this trial. He's made a major enemy out of Ashton.

Yes, JB is very childish. If in Ashton's place, I would bite my tongue off to avoid letting JB know he got to me.

The purpose of the hearing was to diffuse conflict of interest concerns. We still have to take into consideration that lead counsel for the defense has never tried a case in court. He has had cases settle prior to trial-but never tried a case in court right?

I think that the state is in an interesting position knowing this; if they keep the death penalty off of the table, they can keep Baez as Casey's counsel which is kind of like having a one armed paper hanger, jmo. If they put it on the table, Baez has to concede to counsel who has experience with DP cases-isnt this the way the law works in FL?? So they might be up against someone who truly has more experience like LKB etc.

What to do, what to do...so the state decides to keep Baez in place and close all of the avenues that would be available post trial in order to increase the liklihood that Ms. Casey will stay where she is forever. Which is really what everyone wants if they believe that she committed this terrible crime.

I think it's great the judge ruled "no conflict". Now that everything is documented and waived...there's no room for an appeal from KC.

In Jose's little pea brain,,he thinks he won so big today..gee talk about a peacock..what a jerk..he is so clueless..When they go to court,,then the Pros can ask the paid witnesses how much they get paid Right? Like in Spector's case....

We need Donna Pendergast SA from Michigan on this case
she has had 93 murder trials and has won 91..She would sweep the floor with Jose..Hopefully this SA is as good.

He & KC will be high fiving over his so called win! He is a moron.

I think it's great the judge ruled "no conflict". Now that everything is documented and waived...there's no room for an appeal from KC.

Not on that basis, but there's still the basis of ineffective counsel.

Seriously? Wow. I wish I knew more how the legal stuff worked. So why wasn't the SA happier about it?

No...Baez asked, "You alright?" and Ashton replied, "No, I'm not!"

You're right, dax. Went back and played it 2 or 3 more times and caught it. Stupid barking dogs!

Not on that basis, but there's still the basis of ineffective counsel.

I think that was one of the reasons the judge ruled KC HAD to be present for hearings--so that she couldn't claim later that she didn't know what he was doing (or NOT doing) in court.

Correct. And I bet it will happen.

By my count JB got in 3 pot-shots as to the State's ethics. That was the final shot across the bow.

He brought up the gag order allegation twice earlier. You have to recall that KC specifically aimed her pot shot at Ashton on the affidavit, too.

It is getting old, but Ashton shouldn't be showing that it is working.

Exactly~

Wow.... I found myself slapping the tv several times today, trying to whipe JB and KC smirks off their faces.....:slap:

The trial should be extremely interesting.....

Especially at your house......:p
Maybe the tv could use some bubble wrap.:D

The purpose of the hearing was to diffuse conflict of interest concerns. We still have to take into consideration that lead counsel for the defense has never tried a case in court. He has had cases settle prior to trial-but never tried a case in court right?

bolded by me.

respectfully snipped..

Baez tried a murder case in May 2008. Charge was Murder 2 and lesser. Defendent, Nilton Diaz was found guilty of Manslaughter.

I wonder how many of us here at WS wanted to wipe the smirks off of KC & JB? JMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back