2009.04.09 - George Anthony Deposition (video link included)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just happened to catch this while reading George's deposition this afternoon. My eye's landed on the bolded text...

Q I'm sorry. Was someone watching Caylee?
14 A I just answered that. Besides my wife and I,
15 one other person who was watching my granddaughter is
16 Zanny.
17 Q So the answer would be to your knowledge no
18 one --
19 A No one else besides the three of us were
20 watching my child -- watching our granddaughter.
21 Q There we go.
22 A Yes.

Hey...don't know if I'm posting in the right place. Have been here ages ago and just had the urge to get this post out -haven't reviewed all the rules again. Apologies if this has already been covered. I've had this suspicion for quite a while that George is Caylee's father. The above quote is an interesting slip of the tongue.

Hello and welcome :)

Thanks for sharing.. though I feel I must warn you, the incest talk is a no-no.

Hello and welcome :)

Thanks for sharing.. though I feel I must warn you, the incest talk is a no-no.
Thanks OLG. Yeah folks we are just not going there. We have been consistent about this issue and the parameters have not changed.

This deposition is about ZFG, not Caylee.
And beyond that, GA, CA, and LA are family victims.
This deposition should be a crime, and they shouldn't have had to answer questions about an open criminal investigation. This isn't justice for Caylee. This is harassing, and victimizing Caylee's family. imo

And to be honest I find it very unsettling that I feel alone in this opinion.
Can anyone imagine being in their shoes for even a minute, and how you would act and react to the questions given, and the threats of contempt charges if they don't answer them?

What did these people do to deserve such harsh criticism? They love their daughter, they love their granddaughter. They believed or wanted to believe Caylee was alive, and they believe or want to believe that their daughter couldn't have murdered their own precious granddaughter.
I would do the same. I guess that makes me as bad as them. I'm ok with that quite frankly.
moo

They loved their grandaughter, she is deceased.

Their belief that she was alive didn't hold true, and their first clue was that the decomposition smell was in the car, and so now they want us to believe that KC couldn't have done it?

Fool me once .........

Wanting to believe something isn't the same as believing it, and believing it isn't the same as 'it' being fact (or even believable).

It's okay that you would do the same, but should you ever be in such a dreadful situation, I would suggest that once your child is in jail charged with theft, child neglect, and murder ---- you may want to invest some time pretending to look for the 'real' killer.

If CA and GA believe KC is innocent --- then there is a baby killer on the loose, and they could be using their 'media contacts' to beg for help in finding that killer.

After the atty's use George's interview statements with LE, George seems to have a different, calmer, more honest presence. The change is very obvious. Is this because they are confronting him with previous sworn statements or is it because of the talk BC had with him during that break ? The flip is pretty dramatic.

Regardless of the circumstances,I can tell you without any doubt, if I had behaved like Cindy A., I would be too ashamed to stick my head out the door today.

CA could have made it a lot easier on herself, gained more sympathy and respect, if she had shown a little class by truthfully answering the questions in a dignified manner. :)

However, how can you expect one to show a little class when they obviously don't know the meaning of the word.

Sorry, I have not one morsel of respect for these people.

IMO

The meaning of class, dignity, respect, grace, forgiveness and mercy was demonstrated to the world by an Amish community a few years ago when several of their daughters were brutally murdered in a school by a crazy man. I will never forget that. It is possible to conduct one's self in such a manner despite horrendous circumstances.

OK, I take back the thing I said about George being honest in the interview after he was confronted with his previous sworn statements to LE. He is more civil, but continues to show deception with his answers about DC and the search of Suburban before December 11th. He doesn't have the big grin at the end of the tape, but he looks down a lot when answering questions about his knowledge of DC's work for them. It's impossible to believe that he never once talked about Zenaida, Sawgrass, Blanchard Park, the search of Suburban in November with Dominic. It's also impossible to believe that George never talked to Lee about "the tip" given to DC regarding Suburban.

After the atty's use George's interview statements with LE, George seems to have a different, calmer, more honest presence. The change is very obvious. Is this because they are confronting him with previous sworn statements or is it because of the talk BC had with him during that break ? The flip is pretty dramatic.

Yes-too dramatic not to be drug related IMO.
He was due to appear after CA and I believe his meds were timed accordingly.
The time switch messed that up.

Songline, did you just listen and not watch? If you watch, George was combative from the very first second of the depo, and acted like a little child throwing a temper tantrum because he doesn't want to do what he is told. His facial expressions, arrogance and overall demeanor are just horrible. I actually feel embarrassed for him, and wonder if he went home and watched the way he acted and was ashamed of himself. I would be.

The attorney, on the other hand, kept his cool remarkably well, and did his best to be polite and respectful for as long as he could in the face of an adult temper tantrum.
I do not disagree with you about GA being combative; In fact I think he will need training before he walks into a court room or he will not do his daughter any good at all.
I will say this again the prosecutor annoyed the hell out of me, he did not stay with the civil case he did not stick to questions about ZG and If I were GA I too would have lost it.

That's exactly when his decision was made (and it was as easy as you describe above) to do everything possible to hinder the investigation into the death of Caylee, all the time pretending to cooperate with LE. He knew for sure that day that she was dead and probably suspected it for about a month before. Every now and then the thought enters my mind that he dropped off a laundry basket in the woods on the way home that day.

GREAT POST:clap::clap::clap: but I do not think he was thinking that way a month before. I think the car smell was it.

OK, I take back the thing I said about George being honest in the interview after he was confronted with his previous sworn statements to LE. He is more civil, but continues to show deception with his answers about DC and the search of Suburban before December 11th. He doesn't have the big grin at the end of the tape, but he looks down a lot when answering questions about his knowledge of DC's work for them. It's impossible to believe that he never once talked about Zenaida, Sawgrass, Blanchard Park, the search of Suburban in November with Dominic. It's also impossible to believe that George never talked to Lee about "the tip" given to DC regarding Suburban.

From the day they washed the car, the pants, the knife there was a plan to spare Casey.
This was obvious from that day on....

I have no idea what this kind of trauma can do to parents...I have no idea what I would do. I only know that I would have helped to find Caylee; I would have given the search team the garment for the baby's scent and the investigators her hair brush for DNA.
That is all I do know for sure.
Because if Casey was innocent that would only help and not hinder.
They selected not to cooperate early on. THEY KNOW THE TRUTH.

Going back to the deposition. I know GA nor CA were a charm.
I certainly would have been fed up with the attorney who was questioning either one of them.
They should have stuck to one topic ZG - PERIOD. all the other questions were designed to get
the "A"s upset. unfortunately for them they are already more then just upset and it would be very
easy to shack them, enrage them, confuse them.
YES he did all that ZG had a tough guy on her side. but IMHO he was looking for his 15 minuets of fame.
IMO he went way over what was required. JMHO

Hello!! Do you understand that JoseB filed suit against Zenadia?? Had he just let Morgan file his claim and he LET IT GO at that- Morgan wouldn't be able to question Casey, George, Cindy OR Lee. CASEY did this- SHE filed suit against Zanni after Zanni filed against her. They wouldn't have the right to question these people if it was only their suit.

They have the right, to ask ANYTHING because CASEY is suing Zanni. again, who's really to blame here? Casey, like her mom has to ONE UP everyone.. "screw her, she gonna sue me, I'll sue her back". But, again, like her mother, she is too STUPID to realize that by doing that she opened up an eniterly new container of worms that's gonna have them all sharing the same bath (read: HOT) water.

Casey made the videos we are discussing possible because she thinks she's smarter than everyone else. Cindy, dear, loving, selfless, mother Cindy will make Casey's stay in prison a looong one (The county will be moving her a$$ in next door to her daughter) because SHE thinks SHE is smarter than everyone else. And really, their stupidity speaks for itself.

Yes, KC did counterclaim against this ZG, but what does anything her parents might think, feel, believe or say have to do with this civil suit in which this ZG is claiming that KC has defamed her? Before July 15 2008, when KC for the first time claimed that a woman called ZFG had kidnapped her daughter, her parents and brother were as much in the dark as to the actual events of June 16 - July 15 as anyone else. Their only reality in that period was what KC was telling them. Since that time, a lot of the truth has come to light, some of which the family seems to accept and some of which they don't, but how does grilling them about their beliefs on matters they only have the benefit of hindsight about help to prove the claim of a woman who has never been identified by KC or any of the family as the actual ZFG who 'kidnapped' Caylee?

NSS...QUOTE

"They loved their grandaughter, she is deceased." QUOTE

I don't know if you have lost a child or not but many of us that have think differently then you do.

My daughter might be dead but I still LOVE her. Not I LOVED her.

She may be dead but she IS still my daughter. Not she WAS my daughter.

I still have 4 children.....not 3 children.

It is better not to correct a person when they say Love instead of LOVED for the reasons stated above. Thanks

The question asked George that I have been wanting someone to ask him or Cindy or both since this happened is:

"If you thought Zanny took Caylee why did you never go looking for her?"

Of course the question was asked in various ways but that is what the attorney wanted to know.

I have wanted to know an answer to this and finally got one. I guess George and I are different. If I thought Zanny took my granddaughter I would have turned that whole county upside down looking for her.

George said he searched for Caylee 24/7 and we know that is a lie. That would mean that he never got a wink of sleep for months:crazy:

Poor George was either totally left out of any discussions that the family had about what was going on with Casey and Caylee or he is one big liar. He didn't seem to know anything about anything. I guess Cindy and Lee just talked when George was gone from the home. Then he turned around and said that him and Cindy talk about everything on a daily basis. Poor George, he is so confused :mad:

Hello!! Do you understand that JoseB filed suit against Zenadia?? Had he just let Morgan file his claim and he LET IT GO at that- Morgan wouldn't be able to question Casey, George, Cindy OR Lee. CASEY did this- SHE filed suit against Zanni after Zanni filed against her. They wouldn't have the right to question these people if it was only their suit. QUOTE] snipped

I'm confused???

When ZG filed suit against Casey for defamation... doesn't that mean that the Anthony's would have been deposed? What does the counter claim have to do with them then being deposed?

Can a legal eagle explain this to me? The Anthony's WOULDN'T have been deposed if Casey wouldn't have counter filed?

Hello!! Do you understand that JoseB filed suit against Zenadia?? Had he just let Morgan file his claim and he LET IT GO at that- Morgan wouldn't be able to question Casey, George, Cindy OR Lee. CASEY did this- SHE filed suit against Zanni after Zanni filed against her. They wouldn't have the right to question these people if it was only their suit. QUOTE] snipped

I'm confused???

When ZG filed suit against Casey for defamation... doesn't that mean that the Anthony's would have been deposed? What does the counter claim have to do with them then being deposed?

Can a legal eagle explain this to me? The Anthony's WOULDN'T have been deposed if Casey wouldn't have counter filed?

I did wonder about this myself, but thought it might be just the way US law works. I'm a Brit, and here if a citizen files a civil claim he has to prove it by either arguing the law or by witness testimony or both, so I assumed ZG would need witnesses such as the A's in any case, in order to prove her claim against KC.

Morgan and Morgan is one of the biggest firms in Orlando. They've always had a slick website. John Morgan is also one of the most recognized attorneys for personal injury. Trust me when I say (as an Orlando native) that they or he did not need this lawsuit for personal name recognition. :)

with due respect, the poster you quoted said "national public" (ie recognition)..they might be fabulously famous in Orlando but now they are nationally known, like other lawyers in other high profile cases.

a woman who has never been identified by KC or any of the family as the actual ZFG who 'kidnapped' Caylee?

*resp snipped.
i got the impression from the deposition that while ZFG had never been identified, casey had also refused to disqualify her. it's the first i've heard of this and it was a jumpy recording so i can't be sure but if anyone could let me know, i'd appreciate that.

NSS...QUOTE

"They loved their grandaughter, she is deceased." QUOTE

I don't know if you have lost a child or not but many of us that have think differently then you do.

My daughter might be dead but I still LOVE her. Not I LOVED her.

She may be dead but she IS still my daughter. Not she WAS my daughter.

I still have 4 children.....not 3 children.

It is better not to correct a person when they say Love instead of LOVED for the reasons stated above. Thanks

I apologise for being so insensitive. I am not usually so rude.

I would not have spoken to the parent/relative of Caylees in such a way, but to see a stranger talk about Caylee in the present tense was sort of odd and jumped out at me, since we are all aware that she is deceased.

I am truly sorry that I caused you pain today, and I promise to keep such thoughts to myself in future. I am not here to offend anyone.

Hello!! Do you understand that JoseB filed suit against Zenadia?? Had he just let Morgan file his claim and he LET IT GO at that- Morgan wouldn't be able to question Casey, George, Cindy OR Lee. CASEY did this- SHE filed suit against Zanni after Zanni filed against her. They wouldn't have the right to question these people if it was only their suit.

They have the right, to ask ANYTHING because CASEY is suing Zanni. again, who's really to blame here? Casey, like her mom has to ONE UP everyone.. "screw her, she gonna sue me, I'll sue her back". But, again, like her mother, she is too STUPID to realize that by doing that she opened up an eniterly new container of worms that's gonna have them all sharing the same bath (read: HOT) water.

Casey made the videos we are discussing possible because she thinks she's smarter than everyone else. Cindy, dear, loving, selfless, mother Cindy will make Casey's stay in prison a looong one (The county will be moving her a$$ in next door to her daughter) because SHE thinks SHE is smarter than everyone else. And really, their stupidity speaks for itself.

You said it in a nutshell...and it's all because she's a "spitefull beoch"! I can't imagine JB encouraging her actions in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV