2009.04.13 State To Seek Death Penalty For Casey Anthony #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if it was discussed but I DO NOT think the prosecution are charging DP to get a plea deal from KC.

To me, the Defense is so well staffed and funded they are not going to blink just because the DP is brought back. They are going to review the discovery. They will hold fast if things remain as they are. Go for broke.

However, they would only seek a plea deal -- IMHO -- if there was compelling evidence the smoking gun that ties KC to the crime and cannot be dispelled. I think the Defense are going to want to wait and see what SA really has. Only then would they seek a plea.

Even then I would not be surprised if KC was bold enough to stand by her lies no matter what.

My rationale is, the SA have increased the stakes exponentially so why take that risk for a bluff for a plea. I think SA does not need a plea and has the goods to deliver ... Guilty as charged. They would not jeopardize everything by seeking DP unless they have the goods because it is unlikely KC will plea out even if they have a video of KC killing Caylee.

As I recall, one or more pieces of chewing gum were collected from the scene where Caylee was found. The Anthonys are a gum chewing bunch, so I wouldn't doubt it's gum that will place KC at the scene.

Maybe with some DNA mixed in from KC's saliva.

I pray to God that this whole DP is not the SA trying to get a plea deal, I pray they have concrete evidence (that we are not privy to) against KC.

As I recall, one or more pieces of chewing gum were collected from the scene where Caylee was found. The Anthonys are a gum chewing bunch, so I wouldn't doubt it's gum that will place KC at the scene.
I checked the docs and there is "chewing gum" reported and collected as evidence.

Just ONE piece I can find mentioned.

Chewing Gum: Tag J-60051, Item #12. Collected 12/16/2008

Here's a theory about why the DP is back on the table.

DP not an option on Dec 5th.

Dec 10th CA and GA go on LKL.
Dec 11th Caylees remains are found.

Even the earliest tests showed linkage between KC's home/car/self that made the DP an option again.

What changed significantly? The grieving grandparents changed. They hopped aboard the KC innocence express, and looked set to ride it out to the end of the line.

In the Unibomber case, LWOP was selected over the DP, because it was the perps brother who alerted LE. They didn't want him to have to give the evidence that could send his brother to death.

Similar sympathies may have played a part in this case, until it became clear that the Anthonys would NOT be assisting the SA if they could avoid it, AND with the body they acquired enough evidence to try this case without the help of the family.

They should have stuck with the grieving grandparents position instead of emboldened mobsters (secret messages at the memorial - Caylee Foundation and boat trips - GA rushing to the side of the Cummings family etc), they may (just may) have maintained the sympathy/empathy of the SA.

*Honey versus Vinegar - my back yard - circa 1974*

I believe that the length of a prison term for 1st degree murder should never be less than the victim's remaining life expectancy. If a murdered 20 year old female had a life expectancy of another 55 years, then it is only fair that the murderer surrender that many years of his own life.

Of course, we would have to make adjustments for older victims, else we'd become the favored targets. LOL
By all odds, I should have been dead years ago.

How would that work?

This little item, so little has been made of it, I actually keep forgetting about it. But reading it just now made me remember that as a home health nurse years ago, I told my patients to put their used syringes into an old bottle, like a Tide bottle or milk jug. So that when they threw them in the trash when full, no garbage collection person would accidentally stick themselves on the needles. Maybe this isn't what nurses are telling patients now. But since Cindy works at a home health agency, or maybe from another source, KC might have learned a safe way to discard a syringe. If so, how nice that she remembered to protect herself from a possible bio hazardous materials.
My father is a diabetic, and AFAIK, disposing of syringes in orange juice bottles and milk cartons is still what patients today are told...

I believe that the length of a prison term for 1st degree murder should never be less than the victim's remaining life expectancy. If a murdered 20 year old female had a life expectancy of another 55 years, then it is only fair that the murderer surrender that many years of his own life.

Of course, we would have to make adjustments for older victims, else we'd become the favored targets. LOL

Interesting concept. Not quite 'eye for an eye', but with a close twist.

Don't know if it was discussed but I DO NOT think the prosecution are charging DP to get a plea deal from KC.

To me, the Defense is so well staffed and funded they are not going to blink just because the DP is brought back. They are going to review the discovery. They will hold fast if things remain as they are. Go for broke.

However, they would only seek a plea deal -- IMHO -- if there was compelling evidence the smoking gun that ties KC to the crime and cannot be dispelled. I think the Defense are going to want to wait and see what SA really has. Only then would they seek a plea.

Even then I would not be surprised if KC was bold enough to stand by her lies no matter what.

My rationale is, the SA have increased the stakes exponentially so why take that risk for a bluff for a plea. I think SA does not need a plea and has the goods to deliver ... Guilty as charged. They would not jeopardize everything by seeking DP unless they have the goods because it is unlikely KC will plea out even if they have a video of KC killing Caylee.

Excellent synopsis. Thanks CyberBorg.

Nothing to add, just :applause:

I'm normally against the death penalty, but not in this case.....

She destroyed the only innocent and beautiful thing she ever created. Caylee was the best part of her, and she threw her away like garbage!

At the same time, she has never shown any remorse for her actions.

To a child, the one person that they can trust wholeheartedly is their mother, yet Caylee's mother was this dear child's worst enemy.

There's no hope for this murderer. If she can kill her own child, then everyone else is ever the more expendable.

As a society, we cannot do anything with her, but send her to her maker for him to make the final judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3