• YES

Votes: 481 90.2%
  • NO

Votes: 52 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're running 95% here. Then again we're all just frumpy housewives with no life anyhow. What do we know?

Yeah, well. We frumps seem to always have the bombshells WEEKS before NG, Greta, et al. ;-)

I don't think all sociopaths live on the dark side, although some have a propensity for violence, more have major anger control problems, but many more just bimble through life often using people and discarding friendships and relationships that no longer benefit them.

We just never hear about the non violent ones.

Some socipathic people struggle everyday with their inability to empathise or feel genuine emotion. I think they end up as suicide statistics.

Others end up as business leaders, politicians, LE and other positions of control. They walk amongst us. The art is in identifying the ones who will end up on the dark side.

Sociopaths rarely suicide. They are too self-involved. Also, most of them PREFER not to have normal feelings. Who wants to feel pain and guilt?

However, you are right! Many become CEOs and politicians. One of our presidents even had two out of three on the MacDonald triad.

I voted no, but NOT because I don't believe this is a DP-worthy case; I do. I'm just opposed to the DP in general--and as much as I feel this case is worthy of it, I can't let myself selectively apply my beliefs.

Sociopaths rarely suicide. They are too self-involved. Also, most of them PREFER not to have normal feelings. Who wants to feel pain and guilt?

However, you are right! Many become CEOs and politicians. One of our presidents even had two out of three on the MacDonald triad.
I'd wager far more than one has met the criteria for diagnosis. (I'm curious which one you've identified :))

In addition to business, finance, and politics, many sociopaths achieve great success in the military.

I'd wager far more than one has met the criteria for diagnosis. (I'm curious which one you've identified :))

In addition to business, finance, and politics, many sociopaths achieve great success in the military.

I'll wager you're RIGHT! ;-)

The one I'm talking about was cruel to animals (he likes to explode frogs) and apparently wet the bed late. The other criterion is setting fires. No evidence of that, apparently.

I won't tell you his name, but... he lives on a ranch, and his wife lives in a new house in Dallas-- NOT with him. OPPS! ;-)

That's quite scary to know that that some of them end up working in law enforcement. How does one become a sociopath? What causes them to flip like SP did? I watched the movie on Lifetime this weekend and he seemed to love Amber's daughter but didn't mind killing his own. What gives? Probably because Amber had something that he wanted.

Not sure what triggers anyone to kill - but non sociopaths kill others too.

It'd be like wondering why some drunks are mean and others are funny.

Why some addicts appear to function fairly well and others fall apart.

Some victims of abuse become abusers, though the vast majority don't.

Wise words, these. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Good post :clap::clap::clap:

I have been surfing and found a video of the INTERVIEW: Analyst Bill Sheaffer On Casey Death Penalty - 04/14/09----
http://www.wftv.com/video/19178775/index.html

Don't know where else to put this and it sure is interesting. This is one smart dude and I love the way he listens to each question with such depth. Gotta love that. Then he answers the same way (such depth).

The article is here:
http://www.wftv.com/news/19179038/detail.html#-

New Law Helps Prosecutors Seek Death For Casey:
http://www.wftv.com/video/19179855/index.html

I am against the death penalty in all cases. We are the ONLY first world country who still institutes it, and we have the HIGHEST rate of incarcerations. It does not deter, and in my mind, is no real punishment, rather, it's almost an easy out for the offender face with life in general population. Not only that, if you do the research, the NUMBER SHOW it costs much more to put a person to death (paper work, excessive court/atty fees) than simply to slip him his three a day for the next 70 years or more.

I have been surfing and found a video of the INTERVIEW: Analyst Bill Sheaffer On Casey Death Penalty - 04/14/09----
http://www.wftv.com/video/19178775/index.html

Don't know where else to put this and it sure is interesting. This is one smart dude and I love the way he listens to each question with such depth. Gotta love that. Then he answers the same way (such depth).

The article is here:
http://www.wftv.com/news/19179038/detail.html#-

New Law Helps Prosecutors Seek Death For Casey:
http://www.wftv.com/video/19179855/index.html

Love that guy too!

I'm all for it. A murder of a child should in most cases warrant the dp.

Curious: (play the what if...)

What if Caylee died in an accidental manner and KC panicked severely and covered it up? This girl could have come forward and if there were any charges, it would be manslaughter, she would still be out in 10 years. Case solved, tragedy happened, move on.

BUT KC and the way she grew up, hiding, sneaking, lying, etc figured she'd try and get the car stolen instead, claim someone kidnapped Caylee and they can take the rap for murder. Didn't work. So plan B. Go back home, dig up her little girl in the yard, put her blocks away and make it look like a violent murder. Still didn't work. (I think her reaction in jail when Caylee was found was real. She probably was panicking & hyperventilating because the jig was up).

So now she finds herself sitting in prison facing the worst possible charge thinking 'where did I go wrong'? All my lies worked in the past to get me out of trouble. I think KC on some level is very confused why people don't believe her. The wiring in her brain will never allow her to admit 1 pce of truth.

I had a man in my life many years back that lied so much, he'd go to his grave insisting the sky was green. Even with the smallest things, it was lies instead. It was baffling to me.

I'm all for it. A murder of a child should in most cases warrant the dp.

Curious: (play the what if...)

What if Caylee died in an accidental manner and KC panicked severely and covered it up? This girl could have come forward and if there were any charges, it would be manslaughter, she would still be out in 10 years. Case solved, tragedy happened, move on.

BUT KC and the way she grew up, hiding, sneaking, lying, etc figured she'd try and get the car stolen instead, claim someone kidnapped Caylee and they can take the rap for murder. Didn't work. So plan B. Go back home, dig up her little girl in the yard, put her blocks away and make it look like a violent murder. Still didn't work. (I think her reaction in jail when Caylee was found was real. She probably was panicking & hyperventilating because the jig was up).

So now she finds herself sitting in prison facing the worst possible charge thinking 'where did I go wrong'? All my lies worked in the past to get me out of trouble. I think KC on some level is very confused why people don't believe her. The wiring in her brain will never allow her to admit 1 pce of truth.

I had a man in my life many years back that lied so much, he'd go to his grave insisting the sky was green. Even with the smallest things, it was lies instead. It was baffling to me.

KC has resisted a plea deal request or a guilty plea. She is claiming that she is not responsible for Caylees demise.

Accidental death is no longer an option - it would be too hard to sell to a jury, given the kidnapping, fear for the family, being taught a lesson.

Her failure to recognise or accept responsibility will quite literally lead to her death.

Speaks volumes really when the 'public perception' is more valuable than life itself.

Accidental death is no longer an option - it would be too hard to sell to a jury, given the kidnapping, fear for the family, being taught a lesson.

From my point of view, it is almost as sickening that a mother would throw away her child like a piece of thrash as it is that she would murder her own baby. Even IF it were an accident (which I don't believe for a minute), I would still vote for the death penalty based her actions afterwards alone. KC, along with little Emma's mom, are worthless to society; totally worthless!

I voted no. I am in Cali and have been in LE and the legal field for nearly 30 years. I worked in a state prison and voted for the death penalty. Now that I see how improperly the system works I am against it. It has nothing to do with whether the person deserves death or not. It costs the taxpayers of Cali an obscene amount of money to handle the automatic appeal a conviction gets. Even after the appellate process is complete and the death sentence upheld - the waiting list goes on forever for those waiting execution (including SP)....then there is always the chance our state will repeal the death penalty again and those convicted will simply be converted to life without the possibility of parolel. I watched this happen for too long in Cali. Maybe FL is different. I know almost nothing of FL law (except that you should get rid of the Sunshine Law) so perhaps the process is markedly different and improved. So this is why I voted against the Death Penalty for this case. I also find that jurors are less likely to convict if the DP is on the table. This case could be the exception....with that said, if KC did what it appears she did, then I believe she deserves the DP, but the execution of any convicted murderer should be carried out swiftly. Too many murderers survive longer than the victim's families before their date comes. I am against lethal injection but for the gas chamber or electric chair. Heck, if we're gonna kill'em, don't do it softly. How many on death row offered their prey the same courtesy? Mods! Please don't ban me!

KC has resisted a plea deal request or a guilty plea. She is claiming that she is not responsible for Caylees demise.

Her failure to recognise or accept responsibility will quite literally lead to her death.

Speaks volumes really when the 'public perception' is more valuable than life itself.

BOLD IS MINE: Which seems to be the cause of the public outrage against this family.

I searched but did not find another thread on this particular topic to bump.

While I realize we have not seen all the evidence LE has, we HAVE seen the tox reports on the head of hair (negative), and Dr. G report that there did not appear to be any trauma to the bones to suggest a COD. The SA office did say that they were bringing the DP back to the table in light of "new" evidence discovered either with or on the skeletal remains. The only thing I can think of based on what we have seen, is the duct tape--wrapped completely around the head so tightly that it never floated away. I agree this is significant, but I'm having doubts as to whether or not this is enough without a COD to garner a sentence of death--should KC be convicted. I hate it too, because I believe 110% that she is guilty of a premeditated, particularly heinous murder of her own 2 year old child.

I'd convinced myself that KC drugged Caylee with xanax and then murdered her, but no drugs in the hair were found. So, perhaps KC duct taped Caylee so she couldn't scream/cry out or fight with her, and drowned her in the pool with very little force. Now that there was no human tissue to test, and she wouldn't have had to strangle her, breaking the hyoid bone, we may never find out the true COD. IDK....I wonder if the SA office isn't reaching a bit.

Thoughts, anyone?

LE has solid evidence that links the crime scene right back to the A's. Could be the duct tape, the heart sticker, the bags -- there are so many things it could be.

The defense is trying to divert our attention that the pros has nothing that warrants a DP case, but I tend to disagree.

If you compare the Peterson case with the A case, a lot of it is circumstantial. But both have common links.

Peterson was fishing where the bodies washed up

Casey can be linked to the dump site, not to mention the decomp smell in her car...and not reporting her missing for 30 days...and the lack of a babysitter....oh I could go on and on.

Personally, I'm glad the DP is on the table!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila