2009.04.13 State To Seek Death Penalty For Casey Anthony

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking out loud.

I wonder if Cindys 911 calls helped with the aggravators? She was pretty obsessed with the theft of the money and grand theft of her car, LE was probably sure CA would change her mind, but the check charges may also go some way toward aggravators.

d) The capital felony was committed while the defendant was engaged, or was an accomplice, in the commission of, or an attempt to commit, or flight after committing or attempting to commit, any robbery, sexual battery, arson, burglary, kidnapping, or aircraft piracy or the unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb.

http://www.wftv.com/news/19169044/detail.html

there ya go... that is why now they are filing... now what made them file???

The "Based upon additional information that has become available since" is standard, boilerplate language. SA doesn't have to show what, if any, information generated any decision because that thought process is privileged and protected from disclosure as attorney work product. They are only required to give notice of a change to seek the DP, and therefore, they would include standard language such as this.

CASEYNOTE.jpg

Casey was so proud of her little snide remark .... wonder if she is so proud today???

Everything aligned itself.

The disgraceful depos where the A's were ridiculously angry at questions they could have just answered simply or not at all, but chose to be rude and abnoxious.

But i bet evidence came back that points to Casey without a doubt - like fingerprints on the tape, blood on her shoes, DNA on her shoes, maggots came back full of chloroform and toxicology shows she had all kinds of poison in her, maybe even given to her over time.

Baez was always unfit to defend KC - at least now she will have a proper defense. If I were I would direct my lawyer to a plea.

She is clearly very guilty of murder as her parents keep feeling the need to prove that over and over with their ludicrous behavior.

NOW ON TO OPRAH. sick.

I'm extremely curious about this prospect as well. It's believed (thanks again Chez and French) to be a gamble the SA wouldn't want take just to attempt to secure a confession/plea deal (one isn't on the table at this point either).

Well just to speculate - what would be lost if the strategy didn't work? They could at a later date decide not to ask for DP couldn't they if she didn't go for it? I'm probably wrong but I'm just thinking this is eating up needed resources so maybe nothing lost to try to force her to fess up.

The "Based upon additional information that has become available since" is standard, boilerplate language. SA doesn't have to show what, if any, information generated any decision because that thought process is privileged and protected from disclosure as attorney work product. They are only required to give notice of a change to seek the DP, and therefore, they would include standard language such as this.

Sure, meaning a new way of looking at what they already have, or it could be that they have received new results on something...

So, do ya think the jail is video taping KC's reaction to this new bombshell?

Y'all may think I'm crazy, but after waching KC all these months I just don't think that putting the DP back on the table is going to make her budge or consider taking a plea. I think she's as stubborn and narcissitic as they come and that she believes that she can get off for the crime she committed. I just don' see her ever admitting that she killed Caylee. She'd rather take her chances with a jury. IMO.

I am not trying to be silly - but wouldn't death be especially awful/scary for a narcissist?

There's no way the SA put the DP back on the table to force Casey's hand to confess. There is no turning back now. Casey will NEVER get a plea deal from the SA. That boat has sailed.

After those handwritten comments KC made on the affidavit, I doubt the SA would risk offering her a deal. I think a confession obtained through coercion would be tossed so is a deal is made her attorneys would have to beg to cut one.

Regarding whether Cindy, George and Lee's antics and attitudes have influenced the SA's decision to seek the DP against Casey, I do not know.

But I do know that you cannot keep showing your @ss to a bull and not expect to get a horn up it.

IMHO I do not think this news will shake the united A's. From my observations these folks somehow feel above everyone else. As if the rules somehow do not apply to them.
I see them sticking their noses up and crying victim , yet again.
I do wonder how much further this will push the start of KC's trial. Perhaps it will not mess with the start date at all.
Gosh I will be glad for the trial to start and then finish!

So, do ya think the jail is video taping KC's reaction to this new bombshell?

I hope she was in the general dayroom watching the tv when it came on. I really do. There would be a tape for sure if that's the case.

There's no way the SA put the DP back on the table to force Casey's hand to confess. There is no turning back now. Casey will NEVER get a plea deal from the SA. That boat has sailed.

I don't know I am just asking - can't she plead guilty at anytime and wouldn't SA most likely agree with LWOP?

I feel like I'm at a lynching, with everybody yelling get a rope and hang em high.
ugh

I personally don't take any joy or pleaure in the fact that the DP is back on the table. I am not a big DP advocate, have always wavered in my opinion of its usage. I see this as a tactic by the SA's office to force a plea out of her. Their upping the ante as they have changes the whole dynamic, IMO. I agree that a DP qualified jury is going to be much more conservative, which doesn't bode well for a defendant.

I feel that George and Cindy have lost enough. I say this even after the disastrous depos. Call me a softie if you will, but they still lost a treasured grandchild and are suffering from it. I don't want them to be further shattered at the loss of their only daughter. But KC needs to accept the mantle of responsibility for what I believe she did. I just can't accept that somebody else killed Caylee, and there have been no indications from LE that somebody else is involved, even peripherally. I actually believe that if another person was involved, the disposal part would hae been handled better and the body never discovered. KC just is too scatterbrained to follow through on anything, even murder. She drove around for days with a decaying corpse in her trunk, and that's never good.

I think that LE seeking the DP will change the course of this case. And apparently KC needs a jolt of something to make her come to he senses. Sociopaths have a high sense of self-preservation, and that should be kicking in right about now.

as much as i would loooove to see KC get the DP....

i think the SA is making a huuuuuuge mistake! all it takes is ONE juror to have a sliver of doubt and go with a not guilty verdict because they don't want to sentence her to death.

i think she'll walk. ughhh god i just felt my blood pressure go up 100 points

--
That is exactly what I thought when I heard this. I do hope the jury has other choices than death because there is always a juror waiting in the wings to throw a wrench into the verdict. I personally think that she deserves a death sentence, in fact I believe that a child killer should get a mandatory death sentence but I also do not want to see the b#### walk.

I am not sure how I feel about this. I am personally torn regarding death penalty. Part of me thinks why waste tax payer money to pay for someone to spend life in prison? Another part of me thinks it is just wrong in so many ways. The people that have to carry through with the execution, it has got to be so difficult for them and could possibly torment them for the rest of their lives. I know it is a job I could never ever do. The family of the prisoner on death row, they have been put through hell and back already and then to have to know their loved one is being put to death (no matter how much of a monster they are) has got to be heart wrenching. I feel like it is not our place to decide to kill someone because they have killed someone, 2 wrongs dont make a right.
I guess I am mostly against the DP but once in a while I have second thoughts about it.

As for this particular case, I am scared that this is going to cause KC to walk because it could be harder for a juror to convict knowing it is a DP case. If one juror decides they do not think she deserves the death penalty and cannot convict her because it is the only choice it will be a darn shame.

Whether she walks or remains in prison, it is still a death penalty for her one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway