2009.05.04 LKB on "Today Show"

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people grieve differently, but I have never seen grief in the form of grinding your hooha up on another girl at the new local bar. :)

What reasonable person is going to believe that crock of mess? They can move their trial wherever they want, there are reasonable people everywhere. Good luck with that defense.

Right...and I agree with you all...Susan Smith killed her children and then lied about them being kidnapped/car jacked! So now they're owning up to the fact that Casey killed Caylee by comparing her grief process to Susan Smith?! Either these people are completely incompetent as attorneys or they just flat out can't defend Casey because of all the lies and garbage that has been spewed since Cindy called 911. Either way, I say Casey is in trouble!
I agree... and the difference between SS and KC is that a few days after SS reported her children missing, she did finally break down and admit that she killed her children. As much as I despise and detest SS, she did admit to killing her children...instead of continuing on her lies and lies and lies... and leading her family and friends on with heartbreak and despair. AND....her stepfather DID admit under oath, on the stand, to abusing her as a child... it doesn't justify anything that she did to her children... but it's just a contrast between how she "coped" and showing how KC is "coping." Shouldn't be any comparison between the two, IMO. KC is cold hearted and evil, and will never tell the truth... and her lawyers are out for money and notoriety. IMO.

Her answer to the question about Casey not looking for her daughter, that everyone grieves differently, didn't even match the question. The question was why didn't Casey search instead of partying.

Yep, the searching was done in the daytime. So, she could have helped to search and then "grieve" at Fusion at night. No excuse LKB.

They've got a huge problem with the "ugly coping or grieving" defense - namely that Casey did as much of this before Caylee's disappearance as she did after. And I am getting more and more convinced that they are going to go with an accidental death theory. Otherwise, how coud she be grieving (ugly or otherwise) for a child she "knew in her gut was OK, because there is this bond you have with your kid"??? If that changed, she was going to "reach out" and let them know, as per one of her jailhouse conversations with Lee. I am also convinced that CA's disastrous CBS interview screams "accidental death". I certainly hope the state has enough evidence to prove intent!!

Exactly, the entire point is not that Casey went out and partied after Caylee went missing, it's the fact that Casey went out and lived her life like nothing changed at all!

Exactly, the entire point is not that Casey went out and partied after Caylee went missing, it's the fact that Casey went out and lived her life like nothing changed at all!

Actually, I think that the fact that her life did change dramatically is what will sink her. KC suddenly had the freedom she so desperately desired, including the ability to party more and spend long mornings in bed with TL. Without responsibility or answering to anything other than her own whims.

Exactly LancelotLink, I don't know if that was a freudian slip or they are taking the "temporary insanity" road now.

That whole load of twaddle struck me as their new defense talking points.
When you lose someone...
Since when are people accused of murder described as having lost someone? That is a huge slap in the face of those who have truly lost someone they love. This is the whole new mantra...Casey has lost. Casey has had everything taken from her. The state, those evil thingys want to take Casey's life. She is the victim.
Sounds like they are going with SODDI defense.

ITA. I think the more the defense gets on TV to talk, the more they shoot themselves in that foot called "Change of venue".

Yep. That ship sailed back when the defense opposed the SA's motion for a gag order.

Okay, okay everyone, LKB is all you say. But, she is also very intelligent and savy when it comes to evidence. She's got a lot of experience and background. She is what Casey needs. An aggressive, seasoned attorney who the jury may not personally like, but they will listen to her because of her crenditals. Believe me, if I were up on dp charges, I would want an attorney with her knowledge. Certainly none of us would want a demure, quiet representative in a court of law who seems too polite to speak up.
Although, I think she should stay off the talk show circuit, it's all part of the defense to build some pity for Casey.
Her answer to the question about Casey not looking for her daughter, that everyone grieves differently, didn't even match the question. The question was why didn't Casey search instead of partying.
LKB's time would be better spent researching and studying the evidence. Looking for a way to debunk it all within the scope of the law.
jmo

Yes and no. LKB is carrying some bagage here. Namely the Phil specter case. Yes she did exactly what you describe above. She attacked the evidence in such a way that it brought a mistrial.

BUT the general public and overall jury pool saw what she did there. And they really did not like it. They saw how she treated a poor innocent woman who died at her clients hands in a brutal and horrific manner, and they did not like it. the Specter trial was carried out very publicly. And when PS went to trial again, the jury pretty much dismissed every arguement she had made, Iand I suspect in large part because something about the previous mistrial really bothered them.

Yes LKB carried out an agressive defense for her prior client. But she did so in an open public and televised forum. While she may have been able to pull it off the mistrial, at least short term then. The general public fully saw how and what she did there, they did not like it, and they will be coming into the next trial watching for it as they sit down in the jury box.

There isn't much I can add that hasn't been eloquently stated by all of you. I do agree with you, AZWRITER, that whether you like LKB or not, she does get the job done most of the time. I watched her in the 1st Specter trial and I didn't like her at all but she did confuse the jury with her attacks on State's forensics. If I am correct, there was one juror that latched onto her every word and hung the jury. I sincerely hope & pray that doesn't happen in KC's trial. LKB definitely needs to stay off the media circuit and keep her mouth shut! Baez as well! However, I kind of enjoy when they talk, talk, talk and put their feet in their mouth.

Sounds like itty boo crying like OJ the glove doesnt fit story.
Lets PRAY the case doesnt turn out like OJ with all the thou that doth protest too much BS.

How long ago was the autopsy preformed? And the defense still doesn't have the report. I guess I am not surprised, typical from what I have seen in this case. However, I thought they at least had report, seeing how they are seeking the death penalty and all!

How long ago was the autopsy preformed? And the defense still doesn't have the report. I guess I am not surprised, typical from what I have seen in this case. However, I thought they at least had report, seeing how they are seeking the death penalty and all!

More likely the lazy lawyers haven't picked it up yet ..

There isn't much I can add that hasn't been eloquently stated by all of you. I do agree with you, AZWRITER, that whether you like LKB or not, she does get the job done most of the time. I watched her in the 1st Specter trial and I didn't like her at all but she did confuse the jury with her attacks on State's forensics. If I am correct, there was one juror that latched onto her every word and hung the jury. I sincerely hope & pray that doesn't happen in KC's trial. LKB definitely needs to stay off the media circuit and keep her mouth shut! Baez as well! However, I kind of enjoy when they talk, talk, talk and put their feet in their mouth.

If KC's jury is hung, the SA will retry. More time in jail for her. More misery to her non worthy life. I just can't see this girl walking.

I agree MamaBear! I think the state released this info. now to get it out of the way. I have a feeling they are saving the "nail in the coffin" for later on down the road.

My question is.... CAN THEY DO THAT? Can the prosecution hold back evidence from the defense and release it when they want to? I'd think the defense would be able to validly argue that the prosection held back their smoking gun until it was too late for the defense to disprove it... attorneys, can the prosecution pick and choose when they release various aspects of their discovery?

When Ann asked her to explain KC partying and clubbing rather than looking for Caylee, she interestingly brought up Susan Smith and another woman in California (sorry, didn't catch the name) who had killed her husband, saying that people grieve differently?!

How could KC be "Grieving" if, at that point, she did not know she was dead???

Exactly. This is what I have wondered, every since they brought up this possible defense.

When it comes down to it if there was not enough evidence against KC Anthony she would be walking the streets right now, not be behind bars at this time!

What's with the comparison to Susan Smith? What defense attorney in their right mind would compare their client to a woman who under premeditation, murdered two of her own children in cold blood, lied about it, and tried to pin it on a non existent person of ethnic origin? Sound like anyone we know? Way to go Linda!

Wait, what side is LKB on?

I think what LKB was trying to say about Susan Smith is that SS "appeared" to be grieving appropriately and she was the one who killed her children. It was an extremely bad comparison and obviously she didn't make the point she was trying to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thundercoyote