2009.08.07 Emails between Oak Ridge and OCSO

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I looked at the website, and what they call a "science degree" is really stuff like website design, computer gaming, advertizing and marketing...computer stuff...not REAL LABORATORY stuff. I can't figure out why they'd have a chemical supply room. Plus, as mentioned above, he has been cleared.

Oh I am well well aware that Al has been cleared by LE and wasnt ever even suggesting that he wasnt. However if KC ever overheard a conversation, or they discussed it, etc...That may be a place that she could have obtained it, yes I know doors/cabinets etc are locked..but not always...just thinking and this should be on the other thread..anyhow..

So it might be in a university/lab? I wonder if it would be used at Full Sail Univ.? AL was attending class and was in a lab( not sure what type of lab) :eek:

Just an FYI. :)

Full Sail is not the kind of University or lab..you are thinking of. There is no medical or chemistry or scientific experiments going on.

Full Sail is a school that has programs on film and recording arts, gaming designs, digital arts, animations, web and graphic design..that sort of stuff.

My friends just happened to have an acting part in a short film being produced by a student in the Film Program

yes, it gives the correct time.

The number is (407) 646-3131 for anyone that wants to call, by the way :)

Thanks Sarah
Just for curiosity sake...I called it. :)
Now I know the correct time and forecast for Winter Park. :)

The fact that Vincent asked what to do with the hose before he began collecting samples is an indication he is a careful investigator. :thumb:

Vass's response that he should not worry about it and just leave it flopping should be taken at face value. He knows how the collection device works after all ... :rolleyes:

True, but on the other side of that, it still does mean that Vincent wasn't entirely sure of the collection process to begin with, and JB and co. are just deviant, underhanded, and desperate enough to prey on this perceived weakness.

Look at it like this...he asked what to do about a flopping hose. We can assume that he did know how the rest of the machine worked and used it properly, but I'm willing to bet that JB won't assume that. He might very well ask for Vincent's whole training history, employment information, etc, etc. Just looking for something to jump on and create reasonable doubt. What happens if Vincent has never had any formal training on using this machine? (Of course, this is purely hypothetical!) JB can argue that the samples were compromised in some manner, and therefore the report produced by Vass is useless.

Of course, there are many other things that JB should be worried about rather than this issue, there are so many other things stacked up against Casey...but when has that stopped JB? :bang:

She gave anothe example CA said have you ever opened your refridgerater and said "Smells like something died in there" in passing as a general thought to yourself?

Too bad for CA she didn't say that exact phrase in a matter of fact way - she was out of breath - choking with fear and pratically screaming for help when she mentioned the smell in the car to 911.

BBM
Cindy, Cindy..my answer to that would be "Actually, NO.. I don't relate spoiled food in my fridge to dead people" . Maybe others have. Dunno?.

I'd say more along the lines of "something in the fridge stinks," or "something in here has gone bad"

But that just me :)

March 2008. I think it was March 17 and March 21--2 days in either direction from KC's birthday.

IIRC, Was there a party around that same time that Casey couldn't go to? St Patrick's Day Party?

True, but on the other side of that, it still does mean that Vincent wasn't entirely sure of the collection process to begin with, and JB and co. are just deviant, underhanded, and desperate enough to prey on this perceived weakness.

Look at it like this...he asked what to do about a flopping hose. We can assume that he did know how the rest of the machine worked and used it properly, but I'm willing to bet that JB won't assume that. He might very well ask for Vincent's whole training history, employment information, etc, etc. Just looking for something to jump on and create reasonable doubt. What happens if Vincent has never had any formal training on using this machine? (Of course, this is purely hypothetical!) JB can argue that the samples were compromised in some manner, and therefore the report produced by Vass is useless.

Of course, there are many other things that JB should be worried about rather than this issue, there are so many other things stacked up against Casey...but when has that stopped JB? :bang:

It wouldn't surprise me if JB asked for Vincents report cards from the first grade and an accounting of his lunch money from k-12.

This technology is relatively new but then again other sciences and technology that are common place today in forensics all had their start somewhere. This air sample testing though is just icing on the cake. You have eyewitness testimony talking about the smell in the car and cadaver dogs. I'm sure Vincent was just being thorough and making sure it was done correctly. That and if a motion is issued to suppress this information I'm sure Vincent and Dr. Vass can clear it up for the court.

You have a good point as JB is claiming it is "junk science" to begin with. He may try to discredit the results of the tests further by pointing out a communication such as this one.

BUT then we have CA's communication where she cried into the phone during a call to 911 - It smells like there's been a dead body in the car!!! I think I'd go with that one if I were a juror. I would. As far as I'm concerned science cannot always take the place of what we know we know because, well, we know we know it. Will that hold up in court? :crazy:

Oh I am well well aware that Al has been cleared by LE and wasnt ever even suggesting that he wasnt. However if KC ever overheard a conversation, or they discussed it, etc...That may be a place that she could have obtained it, yes I know doors/cabinets etc are locked..but not always...just thinking and this should be on the other thread..anyhow..

Sorry if I sounded rude, I didn't meant it that way. I was hoping that you were onto something and got my hopes up....and then was disappointed when I saw that Full Sail wouldn't have a chemical supply room. Sorry bout that. :)

Sorry if I sounded rude, I didn't meant it that way. I was hoping that you were onto something and got my hopes up....and then was disappointed when I saw that Full Sail wouldn't have a chemical supply room. Sorry bout that. :)
No worries:)
Did you see on the Chloroform thread the mention that it is used for photo processing as well??Interesting she used to work for Kodak. Would Full Sail have a photo lab?Just sleuthing..out loud:confused:

No worries:)
Did you see on the Chloroform thread the mention that it is used for photo processing as well??Interesting she used to work for Kodak. Would Full Sail have a photo lab?Just sleuthing..out loud:confused:

Not that sort of lab.

Question is, how did those compounds end up in the trunk? Is it because KC backed into the area (risky due to the drop off)?
Could these samples have been taken from the exterior of the vehicle? I don't remember exactly what compounds were identified from the trunk "air" sample. Perhaps, someone can refresh my memory. TIA

Hello WS people. How many of us have had children in cars who have left morsels of food wedged between seats, fallen under seats or probably wiped their little hands all over the upholstery with whatever and everything else. Have you ever left a dirty diaper in the way back by mistake overnight? Have you ever had a dog puke in your car, cleaned it up as best you could but with no scientific knowledge about how to do it best but just as good as you could? Have you ever stepped in something and gotten into your car and driven home? Have you ever left wet towels in a plastic tub in the rear of your van and said "yuck" the next day when you retrieved them? Let's see, have you ever left - anything - in your car?

My scientific experiment: Having had all of the above happen in my car over the course of my lifetime I have never, ever gone to my car, opened the door and almost wretched because of something I left there. (dirty diaper came close but tossed it out, left the car doors open for a little bit and everything was fine) I have never, ever felt the need to exclaim that my car smells as if a dead body had been there. My dad is past 80 years old, I asked him "Dad, has your car ever smelled like a dead body? Fishing trips, trips with guys, trips with your son, trips when you forgot your underwear (joke), trips with us kids when we were little - well you get the picture. He said, "no, can't say that it has." Thanks Dad. Oh and Dad, what might cause your car to smell as if there had been a dead body there? Answer "A dead body." Thanks Dad.

(bold mine)

Gotta love the BS-free dadspeak! I asked my fire fighter/paramedic Papa essentially the same question and got essentially the same answer: "The only thing that smells like a dead body is a dead body". So there you go...:)

I wonder how many times Cindy has cursed the fact that her frantic 911 call was made public? Her blood must boil every time she hears mention if it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luke2183
Back