2009.10.02 JB & TM on Early Show

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello WS :)

I got this from WS "Today's current news" credit and thanks to Angel Who Cares.

"Specifically, the state cannot establish whether Caylee Anthony's death was accidental, natural, or the result of an intentional or negligent homicide," they said.

On "The Early Show" Friday, Todd Macaluso, a lawyer for Casey, said bluntly, "Casey Anthony is innocent, she will be proven innocent. The state has not produced any evidence whatsoever to prove their case. The case should be dismissed."

On "The Early Show", co-anchor Maggie Rodriguez asked Macaluso and fellow Casey Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez how they will "explain the fact that Casey did not report her daughter missing for a month, that she was out partying when Caylee was supposedly missing, and that she lied to investigators trying to help her find Caylee?"

Baez responded, "We feel that Casey has a very compelling reason for her actions, and we plan on laying them out at trial. That's the proper place for us to lay out a defense."

Please, someone explain this. If someone already has and I am in the middle of posting, sorry. But if Casey is innocent because the state has no evidence and the case should be dismissed...then how can we find out what "Casey's very compelling reason for her actions" are/were by going to trial? Do they want to go to trial or not? Where is the "other side in this?" Why don't they say or do something about this? :banghead:

:cow:

So true!!! You would expect them to use those 'compelling reasons' to support the motion to dismiss the charges and case NOT save them for trial. They have there priorities all wrong!!!!!

Theres no heart sticker
Theres no dna
Theres no fingerprints
Theres no decomposing hair
Theres no matching duct tape.

The states case is falling apart before our very eyes.

Evidence leading up to the crime is very important to me.

Again, assuming that the bolded statement is your own personal opinion, and not a stated fact since I do not see any documented link in relation to this statement? (may be helpful to preface your statements with "In my opinion...." as you are making some pretty bold statements throughout these threads without any substantiation.

HOWEVER, IN MY OPINION, I do not agree with you. I do not believe that the state's case is falling apart. We haven't even heard a single statement of the state's case at this point, and bless them, we probably won't until opening statements in 2010! (Again, in my opinion, this is called professionalism)

To date, all we have seen are documents without the insight of experts in the fields represented by said documents as to their opinions of what the facts pertained in said documents reflect.

For example, you state "theres no DNA". But we have yet to hear from the "other side" WHY there may be no DNA from KC. Earlier today, I posted a link from a local newspaper article on a DP trial that started in our area this week. There was no DNA match on the victim's body to tie the crime to the defendent (who confessed, btw, in police interview) and the explanation by the EXPERT witness was that DNA can degrade due to heat and humidity. In this case, the child's body was placed in a trash bag and left outside for over a WEEK (not months like Caylee!) outside. As a juror, I would probably accept this opinion from this expert witness, especially in light of the fact that the defendant is obviously guilty since he CONFESSED and gave vivid details of the crime during his interrogation.

(link for article today about case...http://www.ajc.com/news/suspect-i-should-be-152550.html

So I don't believe for one minute that this case has been jeopardized in the least. I truly believe that LE/FBI/etc have everything in "go mode". YOU just do not know what they have, what their experts will testify about, because THEY are not playing their hand in the media pre-trial!

How in the world can you make the statements you are making (assuming again, they are just your opinions) without having heard that second part of "every story has two sides"....the state hasn't even spoken yet!

MissJames :wave:
I was watching something on wftv online yesterday regarding the frivolous motions from the defense, especially the motion to dismiss the charges.. and the defense attorney that wftv consults with basically said in a nutshell that he was highly disappointed with this so-called dream team, and the fact that they don't seem to be well versed in FL law. He was very unimpressed... as am I.

That is Bill Sheaffer! I love to listen to him, he is extremely articulate, and he summarises the latest reports/events so well, making the complicated terms comprehensible to me.

if LKB and JB already know she is innocent and the know the reasons for KC's actions, why the heck are they delaying the trial?

Theres no heart sticker
Theres no dna
Theres no fingerprints

Falling apart? Don't celebrate too soon!
I think you may hope for that, but maybe you should ask Scott Peterson how important the absence of those items are to a Jury- you can reach him c/o Death Row.
The case against him was entirely circumstantial apart from one hair of his wife that was found. The Jurors listened to all the evidence against him, specially his behavior during the time when his wife went "missing" and after... he,like Casey was entirely without credibility. He also partied while his wife and child decomposed, in the ocean.

sleutherontheside, I think we expect them to have an ace up their sleeve because they are world renown attorneys.. the "best of the best", and it's hard to think of them just throwing spaghetti on the wall, but I think that's exactly what they're doing. Why? Because they don't have anything. They've dug themselves in a hole by sticking with the easily disproved zanny story and KCs other ridiculous lies.
I don't think their client has divulged any true information to them which makes her that much harder to defend.

We all ask repeatedly why they don't just come out with this ever-so-great evidence that will exonerate KC now instead of waiting for trial... but it's extremely obvious that they're making up crap as they go. They've got nothing so all they can do is talk out of their butts on these media tours, wait ti'll trial, and cross their fingers that something else will come up that they can work with... anything.

Ok well good luck with that dream team!

Theres no heart sticker
Theres no dna
Theres no fingerprints

When the DNA studies confirmed that it was the body of Caylee Anthony did you believe that?

That is Bill Sheaffer! I love to listen to him, he is extremely articulate, and he summarises the latest reports/events so well, making the complicated terms comprehensible to me.
Oh I love him too... but it actually wasn't him. It was a younger gentleman.
And I think I was thinking of wesh... not wftv. Cause you're right... Bill S is the attorney that wftv consults with.

Sorry it's been a long week!

sleutherontheside, I think we expect them to have an ace up their sleeve because they are world renown attorneys.. the "best of the best", and it's hard to think of them just throwing spaghetti on the wall, but I think that's exactly what they're doing. Why? Because they don't have anything. They've dug themselves in a hole by sticking with the easily disproved zanny story and KCs other ridiculous lies.
I don't think their client has divulged any true information to them which makes her that much harder to defend.

We all ask repeatedly why they don't just come out with this ever-so-great evidence that will exonerate KC now instead of waiting for trial[/B][/U][/U][/B]... but it's extremely obvious that they're making up crap as they go. They've got nothing so all they can do is talk out of their butts on these media tours, wait ti'll trial, and cross their fingers that something else will come up that they can work with... anything.

Ok well good luck with that dream team!

Just to clarify, the underlined, bolded attorneys you are talking about above refers to Al and LBK, right? They certainly seem to be well respected in some legal communities, but I don't think of either of them as a Johnny Cochran, F Lee Bailey, or anything of the other Dream Team from the ole OJ days...

But I do get your point! (Just didn't want JoseBGood to think you were talkin bout him should he be reading this forum! ;) :laugh:

Hahah... Oh God no! jose is lucky anyone even considers him an attorney let alone the state of FL. Of course I am referring to AL and LBK. As much as he whined that he's still first chair it's obvious he's not calling the shots.. if he even knew what shots to call in the first place? :waitasec:

I've said it before and I'll say it again..... I'd rather be defended by an ape. I'd probably get better results.

I did use the wrong term though.. it should have been "well known" instead of "world renown".. but like you said, you knew what I was getting at.

Hogwash, there's plenty of evidence still that points to Casey Anthony and her family's involvement in covering up the murder of a little girl by her mother.

Chiquita71 wrote, "Please, someone explain this. If someone already has and I am in the middle of posting, sorry. But if Casey is innocent because the state has no evidence and the case should be dismissed...then how can we find out what "Casey's very compelling reason for her actions" are/were by going to trial? Do they want to go to trial or not? Where is the "other side in this?" Why don't they say or do something about this?"

I ask the same questions - Does the Defense team think they can just keep saying she's innocent and we'll understand it all someday? How about they tell us that part now before asking for a dismissal?

Who committed the murder then? Shouldn't we tell all so we can go catch the killer?

JB must think we're as stupid as he is.

It is the states burden to prove she is guilty. The defense does not have to say anything. It is the states resposibility to catch the real killer.

Obviously that does not work in the court of public opinion, but it does in the real court.

It is the states burden to prove she is guilty. The defense does not have to say anything. It is the states resposibility to catch the real killer.

Obviously that does not work in the court of public opinion, but it does in the real court.

But they claimed in court that they had evidence that KC was innocent.They must give that evidence to the State under the FL discovery laws.
unless they lied.

But they claimed in court that they had evidence that KC was innocent.They must give that evidence to the State under the FL discovery laws.
unless they lied.

BBM

Well it does seem that this team continually demonstrates their compatibility with this client.

Falling apart? Don't celebrate too soon!
I think you may hope for that, but maybe you should ask Scott Peterson how important the absence of those items are to a Jury- you can reach him c/o Death Row.
The case against him was entirely circumstantial apart from one hair of his wife that was found. The Jurors listened to all the evidence against him, specially his behavior during the time when his wife went "missing" and after... he,like Casey was entirely without credibility. He also partied while his wife and child decomposed, in the ocean.

And his parents proclaimed his innocence.Still do.They didn't go as far as George and Cindy have,though.

It is the states burden to prove she is guilty.

I have the utmost confidence that they will do exactly that...and brilliantly!

The defense does not have to say anything.

And at this point, so close to trial, may be best for them quit say anything!
Open mouth, insert foot.

It is the states resposibility to catch the real killer.

One responsibility down. One to go....conviction!

True. Real court trial lasts sometimes days, sometimes months.

Court of public opinion lasts a lifetime....

OK, the original poster asked what your opinion was on Dec 11 (when the body was found). Maybe a better question is what your opinion was on Dec 19 (after the body was identified).

At first I thought she was guilty of something. I figured the SA had nothing because she was in and out of jail. Once They indicted her for murder, I still thought she was guilty of something. On Dec 11th I thought she was guilty of killing her daughter. By the 19th of December? Well by then the doubt begin to start with me. Roy Kronk story begins to eat at me. Then in each doc dump there is nothing new for SA. Then new twist. Tapes, Dominic Casey, Jim Hoover. Then the judge sealing some of Dominic Casey interview. Each little bizzare twist begins to add up. Now I wasn't born yesterday.. If things don't make a whole lot of sense, then there is someone else in the picture. I have seen this my whole life.
Now comes this new doc dump and the SA has no physical evidence. Yes I still think she is Guilty of something. I am here to provoke thought and learn from everyone. When I post something it may make some people angry, but my goal is to get someone to post something that I hadn't thought of.
In the begining I thought she was guilty. Then slowly as docs begin to get dumped and the bizzare twist, I begin to question my own opinion

Theres no heart sticker
Theres no dna
Theres no fingerprints

Okay, the following evidence has been cited ad nauseum but I will repeat it here:

1. A mother fails to report that her 2 year old child is missing, ever.
2. For 31 days after mother's child "disappears", mother actively hides the child's whereabouts and lies about the child's location and who she is with, to her friends, family and casual acquaintances.
3. For 31 days after mother's child "disappears", mother, casey Anthony, parties and is photographed looking happy and relaxed. During that same time period, mother gets a tatoo of an Italian phrase meaning, "Beautiful life". Friends and others notice nothing wrong whatsoever in casey's demeanor.
4. The evening of the very day casey later claims her kid was kidnapped, she is caught on tape walking happily with her boyfriend into a store to rent videos. The child is nowhere to be seen.
5. The grandmother becomes more and more concerned about the grandchild and keeps pressuring casey to bring the child home or to allow the grandma to see or speak with the child. casey repeatedly lies and says the kid is elsewhere and that they will be home soon.
6. During the time period in which the child is missing, casey makes a few references to a rotten smell in her car, stating on one occasion that her dad hit road kill and on another that squirrels crawled into her engine and died.
7. After making reference to the bad smell in her car, casey abandons the car, her only source of transportation, lying to her boyfriend that her dad is coming to pick it up and fix it.
8. When casey leaves her home with her 2 year old child on 6-16-09, never to return, she brings no supplies or extra clothes for her child.
9. When the abandoned car is finally located, casey's mom, dad and father all report the overhelmingly strong smell of death emanating from the trunk of the car.
10. 31 days after the child disappears, casey is confronted by her mother and finally states that when she went, after a full days' work, to pick up Caylee from her long-term babysitter, Zenaida Gonzales' home, Zenaida and the baby were no where to be seen. She admits that the child has been missing ever since and that Zenaida has her.
11. The police are called. casey takes them on a wild goose chase to help find Zenaida or Caylee, taking them to several places where no Zenaida has ever lived, even taking them to the place casey claims to work at. casey eventually admits she does not work there. When asked why she brought the police there, she flounders for a reason. It is then discovered that not one person other than casey knows who this Zenaida is. casey has lied about how the babysitter was referred to her and who else knows the babysitter. casey has lied about the existence of people she supposedly works with, even creating fake e-mail addresses of fake people, all to maintain the illusion that she has a job and needs her parents to watch the kid at night when she works. Neither the police nor the FBI, nor defense investigators nor Anthony family PI's can ever find a trace of Zanny the Nanny. casey, an avid photographer, can produce not one photo of the woman, not one person who has ever met her, not one valid address for her nor a phone number or e-mail address for the woman she claims to have employed for two years. casey lies about phones she has lost and gives twisted explanations for why she has no phone number for the sitter. She persists in claiming this illusive woman has the baby, though and in the meantime, precious hours continue to slip by, added to the 31 days casey refused to report her child missing.
12. Cadaver dogs hit on casey's trunk and her backyard.
13. casey is jailed. She shows no sense of fear or panic or sorrow over her missing child but merely wants her boyfriend's phone number and gets very angry when anyone wants to ask her about her lies or lack of emotion.
14. Tests done on casey's trunk reveal the presence of decomp.
15. It is discovered that months before Caylee went missing, someone searched on the computer casey always used, for the terms "missing kids" breaking necks", "shovels" and "chlorofrom".
16. Days after Caylee disappeared, casey asked to borrow a shovel from her neighbor's, and was then seen backing her car into the garage, two things that she had never done before.
17. High traces of chloroform, the very substance earlier searched on casey's computer, are found in her trunk, with the decomp.
18. casey insists on being bailed out of jail so she can assist with the search. She alludes to not being able to talk from jail for fear of someone harming Caylee. casey is released. She changes her story to having Caylee forcibly taken from her by Zenaida and her sister, with two children in tow. She states she was given a script to follow for 31 days by Zenaida. The names of the sister and children are given as well as a description of the car. Again, despite efforts of police, FBI and private investigators employed by both the defense and the Anthonys, not one trace of a script, or of Zenaida, her sister or these two children are ever discovered. After her initial arrest, casey never speaks to LE again about the investigation into the disappearance of her daughter.
19. casey is re-arrested. She refuses to speak with her parents via phone or jail visits, again.
20. Caylee's remains are found within a mile of her home. She was wrapped in a laundry bag that matches one found in the Anthony home and a garbage bag that matches bags in the home. From the way vegetation is growing through the bones and by the state of decomposition, it is apparent that the body was there since late June, early July of 08. The way the body was found matches profiles of children killed by their mothers. Duct tape is wrapped around the skull and is sticking to the remaining hairs on the child's skull.
21. Despite earlier showing no emotion when the news discusses possible remains of a child found in a local waterway, casey hyperventilates and needs a sedative after hearing that a child's remains were found by Suburban Drive. At that time, the identity of the child was not yet released.

I could go on and on. Frankly, even without the body, there was enough evidence for me to vote guilty of first degree murder. The cumulation of evidence in this case is overwhelming, without DNA, without a heart-shaped sticker, without fingerprints or decomposed hair (the latter which I believe does exist). Just becuase we get "news" of some new evidence that eventually turns out to be a false lead, does not mean this case is anywhere close to falling apart. Sure we'd all like fingerprints, DNA, etc., but this is not CSI and in the real world, tons of cases with less evidence than what we have here, result in convictions. Prediction? After years of circus acts and nonsense that a hyper media and a sleazy defense shovel at us, casey Anthony will be convicted and will never see the free world again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reporter-C.Lin