2009.10.26 - Nancy Grace

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It shouldn't be that difficult to understand Flossie. He's her father. If no one else is looking, why isn't he? He knows more about any of the characters around that area than anyone else does and where is this person he was referring to in the early days in his comment "I've got a pretty good idea who did this"? It's on tape.[/

Actually it's really hard for me to understand. They believe she is alive. Obviously she's not hiding in the tall grass in the woods. He can't break into private homes. So how can he search? And where?

I think it's good he will be getting a private investigator, and hope he choses one wisely.

bbm, link please, he did NOT say that iirc

Actually it's really hard for me to understand. They believe she is alive. Obviously she's not hiding in the tall grass in the woods. He can't break into private homes. So how can he search? And where?

I think it's good he will be getting a private investigator, and hope he choses one wisely.

IMHO..I don't believe for a second that they believe she is alive...I'll state once again they need to quit playing games....
They need to ALL come clean and tell LE what happened to Haleigh...They all know...JMO

I believe there is a very desperate need to have that deep faith that she's still with us just to be able to survive this but I personally don't believe some of this cast is being honest with themselves first of all. Second of all, there are many many sources to use for searching, many of which are listed here on Websleuths. I'm out there all the time rooting around as I have been keeping up with search progress on a missing person right here in my area for the past 3 years. PCSO is continuing to investigate whether or not any searches are going on and it would seem to me that they could be RC's best ally. You would think he would have a close relationship with them by now.

As for the link, I'm still looking. If anyone else out there remembers RC making a casual comment about him "having an idea of who might have done this", please jump in and help me find the link to the video.

I believe there is a very desperate need to have that deep faith that she's still with us just to be able to survive this but I personally don't believe some of this cast is being honest with themselves first of all. Second of all, there are many many sources to use for searching, many of which are listed here on Websleuths. I'm out there all the time rooting around as I have been keeping up with search progress on a missing person right here in my area for the past 3 years. PCSO is continuing to investigate whether or not any searches are going on and it would seem to me that they could be RC's best ally. You would think he would have a close relationship with them by now.

As for the link, I'm still looking. If anyone else out there remembers RC making a casual comment about him "having an idea of who might have done this", please jump in and help me find the link to the video.
I know M. Sheffield (CS's brother) said RC said this. And then MG said some woman said RC told her at the tents that he was 75% sure Cousin Joe took Haleigh. I don't know of any tape of RC actually saying these things. Again the Sheffield's and creating doubt about RC. Strange.

Ron did say "I know somebody took her." on a show, because he was explaining that she wouldn't have wandered away since she was afraid of the dark. That may have gotten twisted.

I do too in the 2 to five minutes we're shown on a tv show once or twice a month. I don't know what's happened to Haleigh, but I'm not leaning towards Ron. He was at work.

BBM --

We don't neccessarily know that. We know that he was at work at some point and that LE claim to be "satisfied with his whereabouts". That doesn't really tell us much, especially since we don't know when Haleigh went missing. We know she was last seen at 7pm by someone other than MC & RC. We also know that RC stopped for beer and cigarettes on his way home, so who knows what else he may have done.

BBM --

We don't neccessarily know that. We know that he was at work at some point and that LE claim to be "satisfied with his whereabouts". That doesn't really tell us much, especially since we don't know when Haleigh went missing. We know she was last seen at 7pm by someone other than MC & RC. We also know that RC stopped for beer and cigarettes on his way home, so who knows what else he may have done.
I don't think he would have had enough time to do alot more. If he clocked out of PDM at a certain time, stopped at the store and was home by the time Misty woke up at 3 that doesn't leave alot of time to do other things. IMO.

It maybe be this, where the implication is Ron knew...... but it was hearsay.

On August 28th, Misty Cummings’ father, Hank Croslin Sr., left a voicemail message for Miller claiming Ronald Cummings told him “If I had $35,000, I could have Haleigh back.”

I don't think so, I believe she said Ron said it on tape.

Or perhaps it was the comment by Chelsea who said in her interview that (basically) she almost felt like she knew who it is.

BBM --

Well, it does tell us that he they are "satisfied with his whereabouts." He was moved to the bottom of the list. Myself, I don't like the whole timeline after 7 pm (since it is Misty's timeline) and maybe even before that. Assuming (just for a moment) that LE has verified when Ron got to work and left are they are "satisfied," that puts the whole time span he was at work in play as to when Haleigh disappeared and why. The national media figures would have sources in LE who would at least "hint" that Ron was not off LE's radar. People like NG might not reveal the info or the source, but it is not likely after all these months that Ron and his mother would be on national TV if good reporters knew that LE was looking at them. It is not likely that Tim Miller's reputable attorney would speak up on national TV that he believes Ron's grief is sincere. And reporters (not bloggers or tabloid rumormongers, real reporters) always have more than they print, even after arrests, and LE holds as much as possible back in order for the DA to try the case. The only name we are hearing is Misty, Misty, Misty. The person whom they are putting under pressure? Misty. The person with nowhere to live? Misty. The person whose relatives are in jail getting interrogated? Misty. The last person to see Haleigh, so far as we know? Misty.

They never said they were satisfied with Ron's whereabouts. Their statement was "We are satisfied that Mr. Cummings' alibi is that he was at work."

That is nowhere near an affirmation that Ron was at work, or that LE doesn't have some other ideas.

Well, it does tell us that he they are "satisfied with his whereabouts." He was moved to the bottom of the list. Myself, I don't like the whole timeline after 7 pm (since it is Misty's timeline) and maybe even before that. Assuming (just for a moment) that LE has verified when Ron got to work and left are they are "satisfied," that puts the whole time span he was at work in play as to when Haleigh disappeared and why. The national media figures would have sources in LE who would at least "hint" that Ron was not off LE's radar. People like NG might not reveal the info or the source, but it is not likely after all these months that Ron and his mother would be on national TV if good reporters knew that LE was looking at them. It is not likely that Tim Miller's reputable attorney would speak up on national TV that he believes Ron's grief is sincere. And reporters (not bloggers or tabloid rumormongers, real reporters) always have more than they print, even after arrests, and LE holds as much as possible back in order for the DA to try the case. The only name we are hearing is Misty, Misty, Misty. The person whom they are putting under pressure? Misty. The person with nowhere to live? Misty. The person whose relatives are in jail getting interrogated? Misty. The last person to see Haleigh, so far as we know? Misty.
yes they did: VELEZ-MITCHELL: In terms of the family, why the re-interviews over and over again of Misty and Ron and why haven`t any of the immediate family members been excluded as suspects at this point?

SHAULAND: Well, nobody has been excluded as a suspect because we just don`t know what happened to Haleigh. We don`t know anything about her whereabouts. As you can well imagine, somewhere down the line when all likelihood we`ve got a crime involved in the disappearance of Haleigh.

And so we are trying to keep the criminal investigation alive and we`ve not ruled out anybody because we don`t know what the crime is at this point.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I guess --

SHAULAND: As far as --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Just to follow up on that, Captain, quite often in other criminal cases, let`s say when a woman is murdered, usually immediately police look at the significant other, the husband or boyfriend.

And then as his alibi is verified and they find out yes, he was spotted at work at the time, and that person is formally excluded as a suspect, that`s what I`m talking about.

Obviously, for example, Ron`s alibi was that he was at work. And that`s firm, right?

SHAULAND: That`s correct. That is his alibi and he was at work. We were able to check that. However, again we don`t know what happened to Haleigh and we don`t when it happened.

So we`re in the process of interviewing and re-interviewing. And a lot of times this gets confused with questioning. Many times we just have new information that comes in as a part of the leads. And we then have to reaffirm it or affirm it or find out that it is a false lead.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...7/ijvm.01.html

yes they did: VELEZ-MITCHELL: In terms of the family, why the re-interviews over and over again of Misty and Ron and why haven`t any of the immediate family members been excluded as suspects at this point?

SHAULAND: Well, nobody has been excluded as a suspect because we just don`t know what happened to Haleigh. We don`t know anything about her whereabouts. As you can well imagine, somewhere down the line when all likelihood we`ve got a crime involved in the disappearance of Haleigh.

And so we are trying to keep the criminal investigation alive and we`ve not ruled out anybody because we don`t know what the crime is at this point.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Just to follow up on that, Captain, quite often in other criminal cases, let`s say when a woman is murdered, usually immediately police look at the significant other, the husband or boyfriend.

And then as his alibi is verified and they find out yes, he was spotted at work at the time, and that person is formally excluded as a suspect, that`s what I`m talking about.

Obviously, for example, Ron`s alibi was that he was at work. And that`s firm, right?

SHAULAND: That`s correct. That is his alibi and he was at work. We were able to check that. However, again we don`t know what happened to Haleigh and we don`t when it happened.

So we`re in the process of interviewing and re-interviewing. And a lot of times this gets confused with questioning. Many times we just have new information that comes in as a part of the leads. And we then have to reaffirm it or affirm it or find out that it is a false lead.

BBM.

O.k. but that's just a neutral statement that Ron was at work (very loose) but caveated by they don't know what happened or when -- so they are still open to it could have been before work or, if during work hours they cannot scrutinize them yet since they have no exact time period to go on, like break or lunch.

So IMHO this means nothing, just a neutral safe statement.

Flossie, when was this interview? your link doesn't work.

I think Tim Miller is a very frustrated man after dealing with the Anthonys and now the mess with Haleigh's families. He's not used to families like this. So I don't blame him for distancing himself. He's out to do good, but these folks are waaaay too disfunctional for his group. He needs to focus on people who cooperate, not create a nightmare. imo
it seems like since this caylee anthony case .. people are using tim when he tries he expects them to be honest and they arnt .. there are alot starting to copy the a's antics thinking they can get out of it .. tim is most likely sick to death of dealing with it and i dont think he has ever dealt with it .. the man is human he makes mistakes but he is a good person and we shouldnt forget this same tragedy happened to him too..

It maybe be this, where the implication is Ron knew...... but it was hearsay.

On August 28th, Misty Cummings’ father, Hank Croslin Sr., left a voicemail message for Miller claiming Ronald Cummings told him “If I had $35,000, I could have Haleigh back.”
yep and the reward once was 70,000 now it has dropped down to 30,000

Thank you for the link.

This interview was way back in the beginning of the case February 27,2009.
Yes, are you aware of them changing their position on RC's work hours since then? Or perhaps they have now narrowed down the timeline? I haven't seen them release any new statements on these things.

yep and the reward once was 70,000 now it has dropped down to 30,000

It was once 35K, and then TM arranged through a personal friend to add 35K. It was never 70K. They are two separate funds. One is the local crimestoppers reward, the other is private.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmasReal~