2009.12.22 Jesse G on Today Show

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think JG going on TV is as odd as anything and everything else in this case.
Makes no sense to me.

ITA.....esp. since he's listed as a witness.

Sure sounded to me like he was getting ready for "legal action", all that talk about his life is wrecked, he sounded just like ZFG!

Yep, if your life has been wrecked 'cause your name was involved in this case

WHY keep granting TV interviews, thereby keeping your name involved in this case ???

ITA.....esp. since he's listed as a witness.

Yep, if your life has been wrecked 'cause your name was involved in this case

WHY keep granting TV interviews, thereby keeping your name involved in this case ???

What would be the nicer route to go? Clear your name publicly on TV or sue Cindy? BTW, JG has never thrown the A's under the bus.

Look, his name has been smeared. He's been accused of kidnapping and murder. He can't get a job. His options are clear his name publicly or sue. Sitting back and hoping it all goes away is not going to fix the situation.

I think it was good to show that other people lost Caylee as well. The interview accomplished two other things, clear the air about JG's involvement (Matt stated JG was cleared). And JG asked people to remember the grandparents were grieving. What's wrong with that?
IN general, I don't understand why these people are going on TV.

At least SOMEONE was finally on TV showing emotion over the death of Caylee. Seems everything has been focused on the defense team and seach warrants and forensics....

I am always suspicious of people showing emotion on talk shows. I just dont understand why. Why travel all the way from FL to NY to say what you've already said during the course of this tragedy? And with an attorney no less.

I think Jesse is a wonderful person who loved Caylee very much. However...I think he loves the camera as well.

Thanks for the tip that the whole interview can be found on msnbc.com. I just watched it, now I'm crying again. Feels like I've been crying for Caylee for so long.

As I read some of these posts I have to scratch my head and ask why the speculation by some on the part of this poor grieving young man ?

This is a story that has literally touched the heart of America. All of us come here every day to get the latest on anything we can get the latest on. We follow it item by item, day by day.

This young man was interviewed by Matt Lauer and Dateline many times before, so it would only be a natural thing that they would reach out to him now to get his reaction to this tragedy. This is a young man who thought for a year he was Caylee's father for goodness sakes. How many of us have seen Caylee's picture or something and it made us cry? Why would anyone criticize him for crying over this darling angel, someone who meant the world to him.

Humans are a funny breed ... we criticize the A's for never shedding a tear and then we are suspicious of a young man who is vunerable enough to show his grief .... damned if you do, damned if you don't !! My soon to be sister-on-law was one of JG's training officers through the police academy here in Orlando, you can rest assured his motives are above board and his grief is for real.

I think it was good to show that other people lost Caylee as well. The interview accomplished two other things, clear the air about JG's involvement (Matt stated JG was cleared). And JG asked people to remember the grandparents were grieving. What's wrong with that?
I don't see anything wrong with it. Jesse was Caylee's "father" in the beginning. He was led to believe that anyway. He seems to have bonded very strongly with Caylee, more so than anyone else I've seen.

As I read some of these posts I have to scratch my head and ask why the speculation by some on the part of this poor grieving young man ?

This is a story that has literally touched the heart of America. All of us come here every day to get the latest on anything we can get the latest on. We follow it item by item, day by day.

This young man was interviewed by Matt Lauer and Dateline many times before, so it would only be a natural thing that they would reach out to him now to get his reaction to this tragedy. This is a young man who thought for a year he was Caylee's father for goodness sakes. How many of us have seen Caylee's picture or something and it made us cry? Why would anyone criticize him for crying over this darling angel, someone who meant the world to him.

Humans are a funny breed ... we criticize the A's for never shedding a tear and then we are suspicious of a young man who is vunerable enough to show his grief .... damned if you do, damned if you don't !! My soon to be sister-on-law was one of JG's training officers through the police academy here in Orlando, you can rest assured his motives are above board and his grief is for real.
Jesse's grief sure looked for real to me. The grief was heartbreaking, he is really suffering.
That's a great post, FloridaMom! Thank you for sharing your thoughts.:blowkiss:

You can't really generalize a person's reasoning for going on TV. Each situation is different. Some have good reasons, such as JG clearing the air on a few things. Then you have the A's who go on TV to build a defense for their daughter.

Is it bad that John Walsh goes on tv to talk about his son's case and raise awareness to the cause of missing and murdered children?

Can anyone direct me to or provide a link for Cindy's accusations against Jesse?

TIA

What would be the nicer route to go? Clear your name publicly on TV or sue Cindy? BTW, JG has never thrown the A's under the bus.

JG's name has been 'cleared' several times the past few months......even in RG's interviews.

I do not think JG had anything to do with this crime, however, he too may be thinking about a lawsuit in the future.

Wonder what costs to get your lawyer to accompany you to NYC ??

You can't really generalize a person's reasoning for going on TV. Each situation is different. Some have good reasons, such as JG clearing the air on a few things. Then you have the A's who go on TV to build a defense for their daughter.

Is it bad that John Walsh goes on tv to talk about his son's case and raise awareness to the cause of missing and murdered children?

Good point brought up here, in regards to John Walsh. I can see Jesse doing work with John Walsh, or working in a similar cause actually.

You know Jesse is scheduled to be on Nancy Grace tonight also? And also the psychic woman that was searching close to the scene. saw the ad last night.

JG's name has been 'cleared' several times the past few months......even in RG's interviews.

I do not think JG had anything to do with this crime, however, he too may be thinking about a lawsuit in the future.

Wonder what costs to get your lawyer to accompany you to NYC ??

I think JG having an attorney has more to do with the accusations against him and the fact he's a witness for the prosecution, than suing anyone. Most people need an attorney, no matter what it costs.

All the players connected to this case need to lawyer up. That includes LA. Who the defense throws under the bus is up for grabs.

I don't either JBean but I must say it was good to finally see someone who actually showed heartfelt love for Caylee. The A's certainly have shown nothing but anger, KC has shown only concern for herself, LA hasn't even showed his face, let alone any emotion. It was just nice to see that someone actually loves this baby and is saddened by the loss of her sweet little life.

I agree! There has been a serious lack of grief from the very family in the public eye, and it is refreshing to me to know that at least one person involved in this is not afraid to show they loved Caylee. I honestly think that seeing someone close to her,cry over her, brings a little bit more peace to many.
I honestly hope someone in Orlando steps up and offers this man a good job based on his credentials and not that he is associated in any way with the Anthony family.

I am always suspicious of people showing emotion on talk shows. I just dont understand why. Why travel all the way from FL to NY to say what you've already said during the course of this tragedy? And with an attorney no less.

I think Jesse is a wonderful person who loved Caylee very much. However...I think he loves the camera as well.

my bold....ITA

I don't imagine lawyers 'fly' too cheap.

At least SOMEONE was finally on TV showing emotion over the death of Caylee. Seems everything has been focused on the defense team and seach warrants and forensics....

I don't see anything wrong with it. Jesse was Caylee's "father" in the beginning. He was led to believe that anyway. He seems to have bonded very strongly with Caylee, more so than anyone else I've seen.

I agree-- I think Jesse probably just wanted to step forward to show that people close to Caylee are grieving for her right now. IMO Jesse and his family seem like pretty traditionalist people and Jesse probably views himself as Caylee's father in a way-- I think he was trying to "man up" -- for lack of a better term-- and publicly acknowledge Caylee's loss, since the Anthony's are likely too bereft and Casey continues to be :furious:Casey:furious:.
I think he probably imagined he'd be able to maintain more composure and it's totally understandable that he was so emotional. I think he was trying to do that right thing in Caylee's name-- and that's why he was even unwilling to really address the case against Casey or her disgusting personality.

I agree-- I think Jesse probably just wanted to step forward to show that people close to Caylee are grieving for her right now. IMO Jesse and his family seem like pretty traditionalist people and Jesse probably views himself as Caylee's father in a way-- I think he was trying to "man up" -- for lack of a better term-- and publicly acknowledge Caylee's loss, since the Anthony's are likely too bereft and Casey continues to be :furious:Casey:furious:.
I think he probably imagined he'd be able to maintain more composure and it's totally understandable that he was so emotional. I think he was trying to do that right thing in Caylee's name-- and that's why he was even unwilling to really address the case against Casey or her disgusting personality.
I agree. I too think Jesse did this for the memory of Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shawnlo5869