2010.02.18 - Lisa croslin arrested

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stealing someones purse on Christmas Eve in a Walmart is pretty mean in my book.

She seems like a very nice purse snatcher. How sad,she could have ruined some little kids Christmas by stealing their momma's purse on Christmas Eve. Despicable!

Thanks elle... I've no recollection of having heard about that. Must have been while I was away from the boards. Hitting Hank with a back of CDs? Wonder if he'd stolen them.

I asked the same thing after hearing of ToC recent burglary arrest, perhaps Hank SR found the CD's and wasn't happy with his son? Just thoughts...

Just thinking here....I was kind of wondering why the arrest took so darn long to happen, anyone else wonder if perhaps Misty sang to the officers about Momma Croslin and the December purse snatching? maybe they already had an incident report filled out from a complainant and they connected the dots?

that could be the case MISTY may have thought is she tells about the purse she would get a bail reduction.
Ill be honest I never can predict what is going to happen next I just keep hoping Ill see the little baby comes home :angel:

Stealing someones purse on Christmas Eve in a Walmart is pretty mean in my book.

I agree with you as well. I guess I'm wondering how Misty got so mean when both parents seem to be nice people, FSVO "nice".

I am not excusing their thievery or other crimes they've been accused of, but they seem like they're perpetually down on their luck; maybe Lisa stole the purse because they needed to eat. Or, maybe that's just how this family behaves all the time. Am I remembering correctly that Tim has been in trouble with the law?

Still, I can't help but feel sorry for some of their circumstances due to Misty's being the last known person to see HaLeigh alive. I sure wish that L.E. would get a break in this case, though. I personally believe HaLeigh is no longer with us and I do have some sympathy for the family who loved her, particularly Crystal S and her little brother. That poor kid sure has not had a good start, has he?

Just thinking here....I was kind of wondering why the arrest took so darn long to happen, anyone else wonder if perhaps Misty sang to the officers about Momma Croslin and the December purse snatching? maybe they already had an incident report filled out from a complainant and they connected the dots?

Elle, I never would have thought of that! When I real it I was like Misty would never do that to her own mother....and then I thought - OMG she could!

I hate to have to be the one who points out that LE did a search of their home, and in the process, could have come upon the purse and its contents. It could then explain why there was a delay in the charges.

I hate to have to be the one who points out that LE did a search of their home, and in the process, could have come upon the purse and its contents. It could then explain why there was a delay in the charges.

The pieces are coming together. It is all making sense.....well sort of....ToC got extra charges for the burglaries, which Misty told on him about in her interview with John M on January 20, 2010

police report: http://www.artharris.com/blog/wp-co...ommy-Croslin-burglary-report-1-2010-577-1.pdf

So, lets see, a search of the residence turns up some property( a purse) which doesn't belong to Lyndsey or Misty or ToC, I am sure Lisa didn't say, oops that's right I stole that back in December from Walmart...someone didn't want the theft charge, maybe Lyndsey didn't want ToC to take the blame for the purse? Who knows....guess we will have to wait for the police report to come out on that one as well. Either way, sad state of affairs in my opinion.

There is also the possibility this was a sting operation that Lisa did not cooperate with in some way. I am waiting on some info from a friend about police using a dropped purse or wallet in walmart trying to get certain people to pick them up. They are filmed the whole time.

It seems that police in Chattanooga, TN were fed up with crime at the local Walmart stores and decided to take a proactive approach. Instead of waiting for calls, they ran stings, and it worked. The police arrested 8 people. Now we’ve written about how crime-ridden Walmart parking lots can be in the past, but this is the first we’ve heard of any kind of stings. It’s actually a great idea. Studies in the past have shown that if Walmart would patrol their parking lots sporadically, crime would drop significantly. It is unfortunate, however, that the police force had to step up and do this, because it should really be Walmart’s responsibility. I suppose it’s really no surprise, though. Walmart costs tax payers billions of dollars every year by shirking their responsibilities. The parking lots are Walmart’s property, after all.

Here’s the article from the local a local TV station:

Chattanooga Police have arrested 8 people, charging them with theft under $500 in connection with a sting that was conducted at area Walmart parking lots in Chattanooga.

Property Crimes Investigators set up yesterday on the lots of the Walmart in Brainerd and Gunbarrel Rd. and waited on would-be thieves. Investigators used 2 females who posed as shoppers who would leave their purses on the trunks of their vehicle and walk off into the Walmart.

http://walmartwatch.com/blog/2009/10/

It seems that police in Chattanooga, TN were fed up with crime at the local Walmart stores and decided to take a proactive approach. Instead of waiting for calls, they ran stings, and it worked. The police arrested 8 people. Now we’ve written about how crime-ridden Walmart parking lots can be in the past, but this is the first we’ve heard of any kind of stings. It’s actually a great idea. Studies in the past have shown that if Walmart would patrol their parking lots sporadically, crime would drop significantly. It is unfortunate, however, that the police force had to step up and do this, because it should really be Walmart’s responsibility. I suppose it’s really no surprise, though. Walmart costs tax payers billions of dollars every year by shirking their responsibilities. The parking lots are Walmart’s property, after all.

Here’s the article from the local a local TV station:

Chattanooga Police have arrested 8 people, charging them with theft under $500 in connection with a sting that was conducted at area Walmart parking lots in Chattanooga.

Property Crimes Investigators set up yesterday on the lots of the Walmart in Brainerd and Gunbarrel Rd. and waited on would-be thieves. Investigators used 2 females who posed as shoppers who would leave their purses on the trunks of their vehicle and walk off into the Walmart.

http://walmartwatch.com/blog/2009/10/

With all due respect, DrFessel, that don't make a bit of sense to me at least with regard to Lisa.

We're gonna pay to extradite her back up to Tennessee after we just extradited her down here?

Our tax dollars at werk. ;)

With all due respect, DrFessel, that don't make a bit of sense to me at least with regard to Lisa.

We're gonna pay to extradite her back up to Tennessee after we just extradited her down here?

Our tax dollars at werk. ;)

Nah, I am just saying this could have been what happened at the walmart they went to in Fl.

I friend just told me today about them doing this in WV.

It might be catching on with the cops all over the country.

The police could have held off charging her in hopes of her helping them in some way and she failed to do that.

Can anyone tell me how to request a copy of this police or incident report?

Perhaps why it hasn't been released? I think we could glean some info from this narrative and how Lisa came to be charged.

According to this website: http://www.palatkapd.net/PPD Frequently Asked Questions.htm

all you have to do is wait 3 days and then go get a copy. Does anyone know if a crime is reported to Palatka PD, if the police report would be out of there as well. I understand the report was made about the stolen purse in December to PPD but Lisa C taken to the PCSO courthouse....

So LC is going back to court tomorrow, where is that darn police report??

Any information from the hearing yet? Where could I look this information up myself?

http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/crim_dkts/frame.php

snip~2009-12-22 1 COMPLAINT FILED: PATTY BRIMM 12-19-09
2009-12-22 1 BOOKING NUMBER: N/A
2009-12-22 1 FELONY THEFT
2010-01-27 2 INFORMATION (GRAND THEFT)
2010-02-09 3 CAPIAS REQUEST FORM - BOND $504.00
2010-02-18 4 CAPIAS ISSUED - BOND SET AT $504.00
2010-02-19 5 ARREST REPORT - GRAND THEFT
2010-02-19 5 ARREST DATE:02/18/2010
2010-02-19 5 BOOKING NUMBER:10-741
2010-02-19 6 DEFENDANT'S NOTIFICATION OF BOND CONDITIONS
2010-02-19 7 CAPIAS RETURNED EXECUTED
2010-02-19 8 $504.00 A-1-24 HOUR CITY BEST BAIL BOND-#2252856
2010-02-19 8 AMERICAN BANKERS INSURANCE COMPANY OF FL (02/18/2010)
2010-03-04 9 NOTICE TO DEFENDANT (03-18-2010)
2010-03-05 10 NOTICE TO BONDSMAN (03-18-2010)

looks like Lisa was serving 18 months probation right?

Does anyone know how it went in court today with Lisa's stealing and whateva charges she has. If she doesnt serve time for felony thief that goes to show you crime does pay...These people are so sickening...IMO both she and Hank sr taught their youngins to steal and sell drugs to get money...I have yet to hear where any of them have had jobs....

I think the 18 months probation was actually for the earlier charges that Lisa had. I am still wondering what happened today.

I think the 18 months probation was actually for the earlier charges that Lisa had. I am still wondering what happened today.

Hi Elle! :)

No update yet on the docket, and no updates that I can find anywhere.

Perhaps on the evening (local) news later tonight.

Often times it takes a day or more to update the docket. It didn't even say what kind of hearing Mama Croslin was going in for today, so I guess what happened today would depend upon what type of hearing she had. I don't think the docket shows an arraignment for her yet, so this may have only been her arraignment - in which case, she would have simply pled "not guilty" (of course).

She better hope she gets found not guilty, or her sentences will be brought forward for Counts I and II (Uttering a Forged Instrument & Forgery) back from September 2009.

Wonder how those 50 hours of Community Service and drug testing are going for Count III on which she took a plea bargain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024