2010.03.02 Teresa N-Suspicious Behavior

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you're saying, Emeralgem, and Thanks. I know that it is not a good idea to let this woman, or any of those who know What Happened To HaLeigh, cause such havoc in our souls!
my opinion

I struggle with Letting Go everday with this case...I readily admit most days I can't...I want justice and to be perfectly honest.. now is not even good enough for me anymore..
IMHO it should have happened 15 months ago and now I want to know WHY it didn't happen in the beginning....JMO

Not to mention if I were the grandmother of a missing baby, and had one inkling of an idea that Cousin JO may be involved, there is NOTHING that would keep me from being in Antioch TN and camping out in front of his house.

I suspect she may have been referring to Crystal and her family at this point..Who knows? IMHO it was just another decoy for them to throw into the hunt to keep LE off the trail..JMO
Nah, Em. It was Joe. When you consider the entire statement along with others TN made around this time, it's obvious that she was working to build a case against him.

"I couldn't tell you anything about him," a distraught Neves told reporters Friday, adding that she only knew of the cousin by his first name Joe. "I can't tell you how they could have taken her from a family that absolutely adores her."

Also in the article, CS says, "What we've been told is that he's a sexual pedophile." Now just who do you supposed told her that? Members here have searched and searched, and no one has come up with anything linking Joe to a sex crime. Not to mention Granny Hollars' statement that he was never arrested for any violation of a sexual nature. She was pretty outspoken, and I don't think she would've held that back.Consider statements from the other article I posted.

• Croslin said the man "messed with her" as a child, but didn't think he was listed as a sex offender.

• "I felt like he was someone worth looking into, so I told the investigators," Neves said.

• "If we would have had any idea, he wouldn't have been around Haleigh," Neves said. "He did not carry a sign saying 'I'm a sexual offender, I'm going to steal your child.
In the video Peliman posted, she's eager to talk about the stolen gun incident, pointing out that there was no fight (was that to back up Ron's claim? :waitasec:) and Ron retrieved the gun from Joe. (This contradicts the story of finding the gun in the culvert.)

And speaking of pronouns, I also find this statement peculiar:
"As far as the cousin, I mean, Ronald wants Haleigh home, and he doesn't care who has her, how they got her. He wants her home," said Teresa Neves, Haleigh's grandmother. "You know, if it's the cousin, then we hope they lock him up."
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/..._haleigh_reward_upped_to_20000.html?refresh=1

This is one time I would've found the pronoun "we" to be appropriate, yet she specifies Ronald wants Haleigh home, etc.

I've been putting together a compilation of TN's statements regarding cousin Joe. There's one link I'm having a hard time finding and I'm questioning my memory. I was sure that I heard TN talk about Joe and his lock bumping abilities in an interview, probably NG. Does anyone else remember that? I'd be most grateful for some insight. TIA

ETA: Apologies to Donjeta. I was typing when you posted. I totally share your feelings about that statement.

Post #580's link to the news article makes me boil. They printed that JO was a sex offender. They never even checked the registry but went with what tn subltly suggested. As soon as misty said "Jo messed with me when I was little"..tn carried it after that....very subtle. Jo is only two years older than misty.

Our Press Corps in America has reached the bottom of the barrel.

I would like to know where tn was on Feb 9, 2009..

Me too! I am really thinking that where ever she was... what ever she was doing... is tied into this whole disaster. OR was the beginning of the end of little Haleigh.

I just feel like she appeared too quickly on the scene. I wonder if she was out yelling for Haleigh or just there to provide the photo to LE...because she had prior knowledge...
I am not ready to blame her yet, but I'm working my way in that direction.

Man, she still talks about running INTO the house..........why wasn't it secured as a crime scene???

I struggle with Letting Go everday with this case...I readily admit most days I can't...I want justice and to be perfectly honest.. now is not even good enough for me anymore..
IMHO it should have happened 15 months ago and now I want to know WHY it didn't happen in the beginning....JMO

Now don't go saying that Em, you're a great sleuther and very needed here!
I feel the reason this case is so screwed up is because the way the crime scene was treated (or rather not treated) at the very beginning.

I never thought I would see such complete disrespect for a crime scene since the Ramsey case.

God bless little Haleigh.

NEVES: He called me 3:27, 3:28.

VAN SUSTEREN: So right after the 911 call? Right before?

NEVES: I believe that she was on with 911 when he called me.

911 CALL: (INAUDIBLE)

NEVES: He was in a panic.

911 CALL - RONALD CUMMINGS, HALEIGH CUMMINGS’ FATHER: I just got home from work. My five-year-old daughter is gone. I need somebody to be here now.

NEVES: And I thought, I am in my nightgown, and I am throwing me jeans on and going out of the door, and I thought that she is probably hiding under the bed or something

VAN SUSTEREN: How far do you live from here?

NEVES: I live about somewhere between 12 and 15 miles.

VAN SUSTEREN: So did you hightail it over here?

NEVES: It took me about five minutes.
VAN SUSTEREN: So you did move fast.

NEVES: I was well over the speed limit, that's for sure. But I just thought if they got behind me, there would be more people here when we got here.

VAN SUSTEREN: So when did you get here, about 4:00 a.m.

NEVES: When I got here, it was about 3:30.

VAN SUSTEREN: Is the level of pain that which you imagined, or when it really happens, are there any words to describe it?

NEVES: I don't think that anybody ever, ever could understand how bad and how deep that hurts. And I do not think that they can understand the fear that you feel, not knowing where your child is and knowing that she is scared to death.

She is a five-year old. She was not a child who would go out in the dark. So you know that somebody took her.

But she is a daddy's girl. To be away from her father, you just know that she is scared to death, you know? I am afraid that maybe some couple who can't have a child and wanted a child, because she was so precious, they took her, and they are taking care of her

VAN SUSTEREN: What did you say to Ronald? I know it is horrible for you, and it is horrible for your son. What are you saying to him now to try to help him get through this?

NEVES: The same thing I tell everybody--you have to keep praying. You have to keep the faith, and you have to believe what you pray.

VAN SUSTEREN: What do you think happened? Do you have any idea?

NEVES: I don't. No, I don't. I wish I did. I wish I could come up with any kind of scenario that would help find my baby girl.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

TN gets the call from Ron At 3:27,3:28am from Ron (who on the 911 call can't find his f'n phone)

TN is in her night gown,pulls her jeans on and leaves.

TN states she lives 12-15 miles away and says that it took her about 5 min to drive the distance she admits she exceeded the speed limit.

TN stated arrived at Ron's at 3:30am.:waitasec:

I suck at math but

at 60mph a car travels 1 mile per min 12 miles/12 min or 15miles/15min

at 120mph a car travels 2 miles per min 12 miles/6min or 15miles/7.5min

at 180mph a car travels 3 miles per min 12 miles/4min or 15miles/5min

so the theory we are to believe is TN drove 180mph to get to Ron's?

GOT IT! :snooty:

NEVES: And I thought, I am in my nightgown, and I am throwing me jeans on and going out of the door, and I thought that she is probably hiding under the bed or something

In statement analysis this would be an interesting statement because she changes to present tense in the middle of a past tense account, and it would be red flagged.

VAN SUSTEREN: So did you hightail it over here?

NEVES: It took me about five minutes.

NEVES: When I got here, it was about 3:30.

This math sucks. 3: 28 plus five minutes doesn't equal 3:30.
They're all confused about time.

NEVES: I don't think that anybody ever, ever could understand how bad and how deep that hurts. And I do not think that they can understand the fear that you feel, not knowing where your child is and knowing that she is scared to death.

She is a five-year old. She was not a child who would go out in the dark. So you know that somebody took her.

Here she changes in the past tense while talking about Haleigh.

But she is a daddy's girl. To be away from her father, you just know that she is scared to death, you know? I am afraid that maybe some couple who can't have a child and wanted a child, because she was so precious, they took her, and they are taking care of her

This didn't make sense to me when I first heard this and it doesn't make sense to me now. I mean, they've thought about pedophile cousins who might molest and kill her and treat her like garbage, and yet what she's afraid of is that a childless couple thinks she's precious and takes care of her??!!!

I would like to know where tn was on Feb 9, 2009..

From this interview she was at Ron's MH at 7PM.

Haleigh Cummings Update 10/2/09
"Snip" Sierra1947 (Thank You so Much PattyG for all your hard work!)

:waitasec: At around 7:50 in this interview with Lt.Greenwood he says that it was the paternal grandmother, Teresa Nieves that saw Haleigh around 7PM. I first I thought maybe it was a mistake and he meant to say Great Grandma Sykes, but you would think that 8 months into the investigation he would know who the grandmother was that came by. Maybe they both came by? GGMS said she came by around 7:30PM, but TN never said she went by the MH. Not that I have found yet. Still going way back to see if she ever mentioned going by the MH Feb 9th or the last time she saw Haleigh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKe1lpEWj1Q

From this interview she was at Ron's MH at 7PM.

Haleigh Cummings Update 10/2/09
"Snip" Sierra1947 (Thank You so Much PattyG for all your hard work!)

:waitasec: At around 7:50 in this interview with Lt.Greenwood he says that it was the paternal grandmother, Teresa Nieves that saw Haleigh around 7PM. I first I thought maybe it was a mistake and he meant to say Great Grandma Sykes, but you would think that 8 months into the investigation he would know who the grandmother was that came by. Maybe they both came by? GGMS said she came by around 7:30PM, but TN never said she went by the MH. Not that I have found yet. Still going way back to see if she ever mentioned going by the MH Feb 9th or the last time she saw Haleigh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKe1lpEWj1Q

MAD, I'm starting to think that TN was there at the mh that evening, there's a few things that may point to her being there. For some reason, I think Lt. Greenwood was not mistaken as to who went by the mh. JMO though

Has anyone told the truth in this case? The lies started with TN saying Misty and Ronald stayed up talking all of Sunday night. Was Misty even there Sunday? Then it goes to the odd morning hours and the story of RC barreling through the bus stop and driving to GGMS's house to get an outfit for Haleigh to wear to school. Then three different people say they picked Haleigh up that afternoon from the bus stop and on an on it goes. Days, weeks and months later, the stories are still changing.

Why can't anyone pin these people down on their inconsistencies? It's still going on today.

I saw a TN quote just recently on WS where she says, she arrived just as they were calling 911. What? That's new information to me, but not surprising since TN is probably the one in the background of the 911 call.

Then you have TN driving 180 mph to Ron's house in order to drive 12-15 miles within 5 minutes? I want to see what she has under the hood of that car!

(snipped from bessie's post 583)

* Croslin said the man "messed with her" as a child, but didn't think he was listed as a sex offender.

* "I felt like he was someone worth looking into, so I told the investigators," Neves said.

------------------

This bothers me every time I see it: "the man" messed with Misty as a child.

It is not even known for a fact that it happened, yet TN passed it on to news media where it is reported as if it is fact, and in a way that portrays JO as a man who "messed with" a young child. Reality is, JO and MC are barely two years apart in age.

(snipped from bessie's post 583)

* Croslin said the man "messed with her" as a child, but didn't think he was listed as a sex offender.

* "I felt like he was someone worth looking into, so I told the investigators," Neves said.

------------------

This bothers me every time I see it: "the man" messed with Misty as a child.

It is not even known for a fact that it happened, yet TN passed it on to news media where it is reported as if it is fact, and in a way that portrays JO as a man who "messed with" a young child. Reality is, JO and MC are barely two years apart in age.

What about "the man" (ron) who messed with youngsters, what does this make him? Someone who the investigators should look into? Well, they are.

Maybe we need a Lt. Greenwood thread (do we have one already?) I found an older article from the beginning of case where he states that RC came home, found Haleigh gone and woke up the girlfriend....I think it was a Jacksonville.com article....

We've discussed this EM, you can't let go. Your are a very important poster here and we need your imput. :Banane49:

I'd swear I remember TN saying in the beginning that she drove by and the kids waved....am I dreaming??? Does anyone else remember this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3