2010.03.17 NG: George denies affair, Woman tells NE about supposed affair.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why in the world is LP still giving his opinion as fact about everything under the sun about this case? Wasn't his 15 minutes over a looooooong time ago?

Nancy's talking to reporter Mark Williams outside courthouse about the NE headline just out today, when last night the alleged g/f's sister just said last night she didn't know anything about a story in the NE.

Nancy stressing the NE knows if they print something that's a lie they'll get sued. Nancy quoting parts of the article, including the "accident that snowballed".

Let me tell you how the NE gets around this. The NE relies on a reputable source. If they believe their "source" then their "source" is the one in trouble.

In the Smart case the NE printed a story about a sex diary with Ed Smart and his brothers. The NE got the story from two local Salt Lake Tribune reporters. The reporters were fired because they said they made the story up and sold it to the NE for 10 grand. NE did print a retraction but said all they could do was trust their source and since their source was a reputable newspaper reporter they had no fault.

It would be hard to prove the NE knew for certain anything the mistress said was a lie and who would be the most reputable source in this case other than George? The mistress.

She had to prove to the NE that there was an affair. The proof had to be good enough for the NE to risk running the story and making it their huge headline story.

OMG have we hit a new low in this case? A rumored story in a rumored copy of the NE? :floorlaugh:

Now that was funny! But, I have a very swollen jaw from a dental procedure and I laughed so hard I need more meds now.

Do you remember how HUGE that sign was? It's not like he could hide it. Seems like people would have noticed it parked in an apartment complex or outside a bar.

He could park it at 1 spot and walk to another..........
how many people actually looked for it on Thanksgiving day?
or if he went out of town?
She could of rode around with him as a volunteer and sold shirts???

Do you remember how HUGE that sign was? It's not like he could hide it. Seems like people would have noticed it parked in an apartment complex or outside a bar.

George was also looking for a place to leave the sign as the homeowners didn't want the sign on the street. George could leave the sign anywhere and taken a drive ....

Can the NE be making 1st editions........not available yet.........hoping they have the rights and story correct for 2 weeks from now???
Can they use other news media and pictures on the net and NOT PAY or tell the person the article is about?

Last week on the VIEW, Barbar Walters asked the publisher WHY HE put an untrue story about her in the NE. NE quoted WHOOPI and WHOOPI said she was never contacted and never said Barbara was getting married to a lover living with her! All of them said it was TOTALLY NOT TRUE! They never were paid either.

So NE get some stories true and some are not............

Yes, they are notorious for doing just that. They budget for a number of lawsuits and consider it the price of doing their dirty business. Once in a blue moon they do something right, but you know why a blue moon is rare.

Don't think he would actually park this vehicle outside a mistress' apt. Also, many bars don't stand alone but are in commercial strips...

However, this wasn't my point...my point was...if any of this mistress story was true and he KNEW his granddaughter was dead....why was he driving a Missing Truck?....and did he just drive all day long?....did he never park?...and at this point in time...he was still perceived as a grieving parent/grandparent not given to any suspicion...

Also, I always thought it was weird that he spent his days driving this truck locally when this case was clearly well covered in the Orlando area (hinky meter back then....but just couldn't put my finger on it) What was the point? To garner sympathy? To get out of the house? To go drink? To go meet a woman?

We will never know the truth...truth is absent in this case from the family.

Ok - here's the deal. The NE I'm seeing at that link says March 17, 2010 - which is today! I have a newspaper dealer right near my house - I can get papers from all over the world there. I'll go in the morning and see what I can find and I'll ask around too.

This is odd. Could be NG has an "advanced" copy and its dated March 24 - aren't they a weekly newspaper?

The NE is usually delivered on Thursday nights for display on Friday. I would assume this issue would be printed up on Wednesday and so, yes, Nancy got her hands on an advanced copy.

Also, the dates are always a week ahead for some reason.

it kinda looks that way to me. I'll be at the news stand first thing in the AM and check it out for myself.

Maybe RC (and/or SB) made a deal ine the last day or so with the NE and NG has connections to get a "proof" copy or something. IDK - we'll know more in the morning.

How does one go into their local coffee shop ask for their normal drink and fruit and slip in a National Enquirer without the staff looking at you like the whole world has gone mad, because I have no time for the baseball hat and dark sunglasses switcharoo?

I know that when I went down to Orlando to help search for Caylee, that big sign was parked at the command center for the two days that I was there....this was early Sept...

The NE is usually delivered on Thursday nights for display on Friday. I would assume this issue would be printed up on Wednesday and so, yes, Nancy got her hands on an advanced copy.

Also, the dates are always a week ahead for some reason.

Dang. And we don't have a bat phone to call Swag and tell her not to bother, then. :innocent:

Well obviously Skye was lying last night on NG about the NE article and about why River and George broke up. If Skye has lied, then I think it is very probable that River is lying too. Also, very interesting that the lie detector test was given by NE and not LE. The sisters have huge credibility issues.

We do not now if she was given a lie dector test at all.

Don't think he would actually park this vehicle outside a mistress' apt. Also, many bars don't stand alone but are in commercial strips...

However, this wasn't my point...my point was...if any of this mistress story was true and he KNEW his granddaughter was dead....why was he driving a Missing Truck?....and did he just drive all day long?....did he never park?...and at this point in time...he was still perceived as a grieving parent not given to any suspicion...

Also, I always thought it was weird that he spent his days driving this truck locally when this case was clearly well covered in the Orlando area (hinky meter back then....but just couldn't put my finger on it) What was the point? To garner sympathy? To get out of the house? To go drink? To go meet a woman?

We will never know the truth...truth is absent in this case from the family.

BBM IMO all are true, driving around to just be alone or with GF.
Keeping his KC 'innocent'.
Good chic mobile............sympathy
Who would fault him for having a beer on a hot day driving around? hmmm
Make him seem busy and not having to work.........answer questions.......

IIRC he went to see Ron Cummings (Haleigh) with KFinders in Feb 2009????
Was Ca with him?
Wonder when the 'affair' was over???
Affair August to August?????

Let me tell you how the NE gets around this. The NE relies on a reputable source. If they believe their "source" then their "source" is the one in trouble.

In the Smart case the NE printed a story about a sex diary with Ed Smart and his brothers. The NE got the story from two local Salt Lake Tribune reporters. The reporters were fired because they said they made the story up and sold it to the NE for 10 grand. NE did print a retraction but said all they could do was trust their source and since their source was a reputable newspaper reporter they had no fault.

It would be hard to prove the NE knew for certain anything the mistress said was a lie and who would be the most reputable source in this case other than George? The mistress.

She had to prove to the NE that there was an affair. The proof had to be good enough for the NE to risk running the story and making it their huge headline story.
Thank you for the information and I understand, Tricia, but what I'm wondering now is if the NE could've gotten their story off the one that the local media (i.e. Kathi Belich) did, and not personally interviewed or paid RC or her sister? There supposedly are more photos, text messages, emails, etc., yet the photo that's in the NE, according to Nancy, is the one she's had on the tv screen during her show. Wouldn't the NE publish more if they'd paid somebody for the photos, etc?

ok I am sorry but I am trying to come up with a single reasonable explanation for having an affair with a man whose daughter has been arrested for murdering her daughter.
Not doubting the affair necessarily,just the rationale behind it. come on.

Dang I wish someone would ask NG where this issue is!!

Back when I was getting copies of NE and posting links here to my PhotoBucket so that everyone could read the articles, I remember NE putting out their paper one week in advance of the date that was printed on the front page of their mag.

In other words, the NE's website with today's date on it....that mag was released last week. How do I know? It's reading material in the guest bathroom. :)

So just because the mag's first page has today's date, doesn't mean it was the latest release.
The newest release, the one that NG is reading on her show, will probably have next week's date on it.
Am I making any sense?

I really wish LE spokesperson could come out and just say what is true/false.........
esp lie detector!!!
I looked at her twitter and nothing about NG or NE

ok I am sorry but I am trying to come up with a single reasonable explanation for having an affair with a man whose daughter has been arrested for murdering her daughter.
Not doubting the affair necessarily,just the rationale behind it. come on.

She felt sorry for him, and he is a player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member