2010.03.25 WFTV Reports River C. Attempted Suicide

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised there's not more info on this yet. I keep anxiously waiting. Where is it? What is her condition status? This happened last night for gosh sake.

That's terrible! I hope she's ok. I can't imagine living under the microscope like she has been doing lately.

Please take care of yourself, River.

When someone is admitted to a psych unit for attempted suicide, is their name published, or is it kept private?

Interesting (and disturbing) that she tweeted "SUICIDE PACT". Agreeing with those who have posted about "pact"- usually 2 or more. George?

On Monday, one of my childhood classmates committed suicide. She was 37. She had 3 children, triplets, who are 10 years old. It's been a difficult week for my classmates and I. I hope nobody makes light of this situation and I hope River gets the help that she needs.

River, I am sending you warm beams of healing light! Don't accept responsiblity for acts you did not do nor were you responsible for. Don't let yourself be pulled into the anthony 'eternal bog of stench'!

Without quoting any of River's tweets, it seems to me she has been having suicidal thoughts for a while. At least since December 22nd of last year. Way before the police came to her so I'm wondering what was ailing her back then? Why hadn't anyone, her friends or family, intervened before it came to this point? It is out there for everyone to see so they had to know she was having a hard time dealing with something.

I pray her children haven't seen her tweets.

Still waiting for a news update on this story. Strange that there is complete silence.

Still waiting for a news update on this story. Strange that there is complete silence.

I would say privacy laws are keeping things quiet. Unless Krystal should decide to make a statement or her sister is given permission to inform the media/public of the situation, I would say a whole lot of silence is forthcoming on this. Generally, a suicide attempt would not be announced to the press...

I am praying for River's recovery. I pray that she finds strength to get through these difficult times and doesn't become another Anthony family tragedy.

I wonder if it has caused even a moment of reflection on the part of Cindy, George and Jose for the ugly, vile plotting and planning and setting out to ruin Jesse, Amy and Roy Kronk and now River. Shame on them all, the hurt they have perpetuated on these people would be tough to measure. Alone in her cell I wonder if Casey ever even has a glimpse of shame. If she does, she sure didn't learn it at her parents knee. The Casey we have in front of us was not made in a day.

I am so thankful for my good, Christian loving mother who taught me right from wrong.

Just gotta say how impressed I am with the thoughtfulness of WS posters concerning Rivers tragic news. While cruising around looking for updates it is sad to see some very cruel comments posted by people who have no compassion. Whether you believe River or not-she obviously is a woman in severe emotional pain and I'm so proud to belong to a group that is sensitive enough not to add to her pain!! Kudos to WS! Stay strong River-tomorrow is a new dawn!:rose:

I was thinking the same thing.

Prayers to River. Hope she recovers and can find peace. Suicidal thoughts are nothing to mess around with, obviously.

SYMPATHY.gif

My deepest sympathy is with River and her family in her hour of need.

Wow - my thoughts and prayers are with River and her family. FWIW, I have always believed her and am sorry that this happened.

If she could kill her own daughter and duct tape her face? She cares NOTHING for the fact that someone like River/Krystal has been harmed by it all. She won't even give it a second thought...except maybe to WISH she had succeeded...IMO. :(

What price justice and truth? It seems whether you insert yourself into this case as a witness or are thrust into it un-planned ... the combination of the high-profile case, huge Defense stakes, the media and, the unruly Internet ... injure, maim and spit out players regardless of intent.

This is another example of the damage done by hyping this case with $200K+ investments and seeking media attention, it should have simply taken a public defender path and resolved itself at trial. This is all about Caylee and the prosecution of Inmate Anthony -- it became something else. A circus the Defense sought with no gag order.

It makes me wonder how many have not come forward with useful information because of targetting by the Defense, like JG et al and RK. It does not surprise me, I would have to think long and hard about taking that spotlight and surviving scrutiny all the way to trial. Check your feelings at the door.

Get well soon and stay strong for Caylee. We cannot allow the Dark side to triumph. Truth must win out no matter how many attorney's seek to twist it to save their clients.

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:​

I feel so bad to hear this news. River, I pray you will have the strength to overcome
this. I have always told my children when they had disappointments in their life.
The sun always comes out again. Just remember you have so many people that care
about you.

IIRC, River was suffering from pain from (cancer?), this could be a significant factor in her current coping skills if her pain is not under control. At the very least, I hope she will be getting the help she has been needing and some compassionate care to heal.

River, please don't let any one talk you into a suicide PACT..........if it's GA, he would chicken out on you.
Stay strong and tell every thing you know for CAYLEE!!!!

IIRC, River was suffering from pain from (cancer?), this could be a significant factor in her current coping skills if her pain is not under control. At the very least, I hope she will be getting the help she has been needing and some compassionate care to heal.

Chronic pain can wear you down to a point where ending the pain is the only thing on your mind. I know this from personal experience, I was severely depressed and I considered everything before my doctor found a medicine that managed my pain to a tolerable level. Thank God for my doc!! He literally saved my life.

My prayers for her that she finds some inner peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty7