2010.03.25 WFTV Reports River C. Attempted Suicide

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please take care of yourself. Many people do believe you.Nothing on earth is worth your life. You think of YOUR children,they need you.R, this will pass.You know what you said is true,thats all you need.I wish you peace and health. :blowkiss:

IIRC, River was suffering from pain from (cancer?), this could be a significant factor in her current coping skills if her pain is not under control.

Whatever her physical pain is has now been doubled by the emotional upheaval and havoc created all over the internet. She can't have missed all of the negative, and often malicious things, posted about her other than on twitter.

Some people are asking whether the A's are feeling any guilt or sense of responsibility for this desperate act. I wonder, though, if those who were so quick to malign her character on places other than twitter feel some sense of shame now? My guess is not.

It appalls me how many people on the sidelines of this case have been dragged through so much upheaval and torment.

I continue to wish River many blessings and hope her pain will diminish.

ok, my opinion will not be popular but I'm trying to stay realistic here

I've been reading her twitter and it looks like she had many issues prior to the affair hitting the media

there's medical problems, at least two car accidents within 3 months, supposed poverty where she can't give her 10 yr. old a Christmas, arguments with various people, indecision from one minute to the next about going to the airport to pick her daughter up (really couldn't make sense of that), taunting posts to people who know her son

lots of 'hostile' tweets that make her appear to be very emotionally immature and talk of ending it all

she was crying out for help long before this - tweets portray someone incredibly unstable

I'm not blaming this on the A's, much as I dislike them, and especially since this lady's own sister supposedly leaked everything ...

I think her issues are biological in nature and not a result of being involved with G.A.

I hope she gets the help she so desperately needs but mostly I hope her kids don't suffer too much embarrassment from all this publicity

Whatever her physical pain is has now been doubled by the emotional upheaval and havoc created all over the internet. She can't have missed all of the negative, and often malicious things, posted about her other than on twitter.

Some people are asking whether the A's are feeling any guilt or sense of responsibility for this desperate act. I wonder, though, if those who were so quick to malign her character on places other than twitter feel some sense of shame now? My guess is not.

It appalls me how many people on the sidelines of this case have been dragged through so much upheaval and torment.

I continue to wish River many blessings and hope her pain will diminish.

[bbm]

but she continued to tweet about it

[bbm]

but she continued to tweet about it

I only checked her twitter page last night, but from previous days tweets, it appeared to me that she was attempting to defend herself. She probably takes medications (pain killers) that may cloud her judgment. I got the impression she may have been under the influence of some heavy duty medication when she tweeted about a suicide pact, too.

But what do I know? :twocents: I'm not living her life, thankfully.

I really hope she gets the help/meds she needs. My sympathies go out to her, as I've been in that dark place many a times.

Be strong River.

I would like to add my prayers and hopes that River will come out of this a stronger person and realize that it is a minority of people bashing her ... geez ... and the press should leave her the hell alone !! This is not something to splash across the headlines ... certainly not about someone who I believe really did try to stay out of the case and someone who is suffering now because of the press exposing the story ...

There should be a support group for all of the people who have been attacked simply because they had the bad luck of association with the A's and their murderous daughter ...

Prayers to you, River ... be strong !

When someone is admitted to a psych unit for attempted suicide, is their name published, or is it kept private?

Interesting (and disturbing) that she tweeted "SUICIDE PACT". Agreeing with those who have posted about "pact"- usually 2 or more. George?

It is kept private at my hospital

It is kept private at my hospital

I think that kind of information falls under the HIPPA act. Unless she authorizes that the hospital or any of her doctors can release her condition, they're bound by law to protect her privacy.

I pray that you will be filled to the brim with hope, joy and peace; that you will feel cradled in the Lord's protective embrace. I pray, River, that you feel His healing, omnipotent presence and realize from Whom it is coming. This is His season . . . Keep your eyes on Him. He is the only sure thing that has made my walk easier! Bless you, River.

Just a reminder for those few.
well wishes or released information on this thread.
Bashing anyone and/or holding others responsible is not necessary in this thread or at this time.
If your post was removed this is most likely why

gracias

Jbean<----Buzzkill

River I know you're hurting but you gotta pull through for your kid....my son lost his father to suicide and he will never get over it....I know it seems your pain will never end but it will....just hold out, keep holding out..your baby needs you.

What price justice and truth? It seems whether you insert yourself into this case as a witness or are thrust into it un-planned ... the combination of the high-profile case, huge Defense stakes, the media and, the unruly Internet ... injure, maim and spit out players regardless of intent.

This is another example of the damage done by hyping this case with $200K+ investments and seeking media attention, it should have simply taken a public defender path and resolved itself at trial. This is all about Caylee and the prosecution of Inmate Anthony -- it became something else. A circus the Defense sought with no gag order.

It makes me wonder how many have not come forward with useful information because of targetting by the Defense, like JG et al and RK. It does not surprise me, I would have to think long and hard about taking that spotlight and surviving scrutiny all the way to trial. Check your feelings at the door.

Get well soon and stay strong for Caylee. We cannot allow the Dark side to triumph. Truth must win out no matter how many attorney's seek to twist it to save their clients.

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:​

IMO a lot of the problem is the Sunshine Law.They expose innocent people by releasing their ,name,address,phone numbers,and job info all over the place.That part of the Sunshine Law needs to be changed, IMO Any States witnesses should be ordered by Le to NOT release any stories to the Media. .Just because you have had contact with an Evil person does not mean you should be left so exposed.What I do not understand is why her sister let the media know.With privacy laws I do not believe the world would have gotten this info.

I always thought that if you were suspected of attempting suicide, you would be heavily watched and placed within a ward that limited outside influences until the doctors could examine and counsel the patient thoroughly. Why would she be getting her stomach pumped, and then minutes later, she's twittering from her hotel bed? I would have thought that a cell phone would be the first thing taken away until they could get to the root of her mental illness.

I figured we'd get a "fair, good, critical" etc. report by now. Would like to know how serious it was physically. I guess I'll just try to be patient.

I always thought that if you were suspected of attempting suicide, you would be heavily watched and placed within a ward that limited outside influences until the doctors could examine and counsel the patient thoroughly. Why would she be getting her stomach pumped, and then minutes later, she's twittering from her hotel bed? I would have thought that a cell phone would be the first thing taken away until they could get to the root of her mental illness.

She wouldn't have been transferred to a psych ward until her condition was stabilized. Here, you're automatically put on a 72 hr psych hold for any suicide attempt.

She couldn't have tweeted anything from inside the hospital. Cell phones will not work in a hospital. Not sure of the technology they use, but they're a 'dead zone' for cell phones. I know. I tried to use my cell phone once after being parked outside an xray room for two hours. Couldn't get a signal and a nurse walked by and told me the hospital is somehow shielded.

That last tweet to her account last night appeared to be a spam message. :waitasec:

FWIW if you were to click on the link in that "tweet"* you would see that it's a malware (so dont click it). you will also see if you go through her "tweets" that it's linked a number of times, her twitter has a virus. which I didnt even know twitters could get viruses. she isnt posting that.

*I hate tweet as a noun but hey, when in rome.

I've never had a problem with my cellphone in hospitals. And trust me, I've been in there A LOT.

I think it's just random spam messages.

ok, my opinion will not be popular but I'm trying to stay realistic here

I've been reading her twitter and it looks like she had many issues prior to the affair hitting the media

there's medical problems, at least two car accidents within 3 months, supposed poverty where she can't give her 10 yr. old a Christmas, arguments with various people, indecision from one minute to the next about going to the airport to pick her daughter up (really couldn't make sense of that), taunting posts to people who know her son

lots of 'hostile' tweets that make her appear to be very emotionally immature and talk of ending it all

she was crying out for help long before this - tweets portray someone incredibly unstable

I'm not blaming this on the A's, much as I dislike them, and especially since this lady's own sister supposedly leaked everything ...

I think her issues are biological in nature and not a result of being involved with G.A.

I hope she gets the help she so desperately needs but mostly I hope her kids don't suffer too much embarrassment from all this publicity

Sometimes all it takes is one more thing. Apparently, this was that thing. Hopefully her children are more worried about their mothers well being and not their reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3