MI - 13-year old girl stabs 7-year old sister to death - September 28, 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh, ok, I knew that, but I got confused and was thinking of her stepfather as someone who lived somewhere else, and the parents who were out that day as her mother and father, so that changes my whole understanding, thank you.

So I can't imagine what she could possibly have said to stepdad to inform him she had just stabbed his daughter to death, but whatever it was, I assume he ordered her to call 911 and sped home, probably while also calling 911 himself on the way. Which could mean they all arrived near the same time. What a terrible day.
Some articles have said she called her stepfather, others have said her father. In some ways, it doesn't really matter-- I'm sure whoever he was, he was shocked and told her to call 911 immediately. He may have also called 911 himself. I'm sure something like that would have happened whether he was the bio dad of both girls, the bio dad of neither girl, or the bio dad of only the younger girl. But the family dynamics may have been affected depending on whether he was a stepfather or bio dad.

There also seems to be some reporting confusion over who posted the flushing note. Most sources SEEM to say it was the younger girl. If so, I'm pretty sure a 7-year old's note didn't say something like "Please be courteous and remember to flush the toilet when you are through. Thank you!" I expect she used more "colorful" language and may have aimed the note at her sister specifically. Not that that's an excuse for the reaction from the 13-year old but it might PARTLY explain it.
MOO

Some articles have said she called her stepfather, others have said her father. In some ways, it doesn't really matter-- I'm sure whoever he was, he was shocked and told her to call 911 immediately. He may have also called 911 himself. I'm sure something like that would have happened whether he was the bio dad of both girls, the bio dad of neither girl, or the bio dad of only the younger girl. But the family dynamics may have been affected depending on whether he was a stepfather or bio dad.

There also seems to be some reporting confusion over who posted the flushing note. Most sources SEEM to say it was the younger girl. If so, I'm pretty sure a 7-year old's note didn't say something like "Please be courteous and remember to flush the toilet when you are through. Thank you!" I expect she used more "colorful" language and may have aimed the note at her sister specifically. Not that that's an excuse for the reaction from the 13-year old but it might PARTLY explain it.
MOO

Re the note

Why would a 13 year old teen not flush a toilet? :oops:

Ummm...
If it is really true
(which I doubt),
then something is not right with such behaviour and certainly a red flag
among alleged many other red flags seemingly not noticed/denied.

This brutal crime is a sign of hatred towards little sis IMO.

What caused such powerful negative emotion?

JMO

Re the note

Why would a 13 year old teen not flush a toilet? :oops:

Ummm...
If it is really true
(which I doubt),
then something is not right with such behaviour and certainly a red flag
among alleged many other red flags seemingly not noticed.

JMO
People do forget. Even adults sometimes do. I wouldn't assume the younger child usually forgot either. She was 7, not 5. But then, we also have no idea how often the toilet wasn't flushed. The fact that somebody posted a note doesn't mean it happened all the time.

This account says the 7-year old wrote the note. And it says the 13-year old removed the note. Then the fight began with the older child later attacking the younger child in the bathroom. So we just don't know.

Detective Says Teen Accused of Killing Sister, 7, Appeared 'Emotionless' Afterward: 'Like Things Were Normal'

MOO

People do forget. Even adults sometimes do. I wouldn't assume the younger child usually forgot either. She was 7, not 5. But then, we also have no idea how often the toilet wasn't flushed. The fact that somebody posted a note doesn't mean it happened all the time.

This account says the 7-year old wrote the note. And it says the 13-year old removed the note. Then the fight began with the older child later attacking the younger child in the bathroom. So we just don't know.

Detective Says Teen Accused of Killing Sister, 7, Appeared 'Emotionless' Afterward: 'Like Things Were Normal'

MOO
I had 20+ yo female roommates who forgot to flush half the time... IMO such arguments can escalate at the spur of the moment. The questions are: was the really no signs of aggressive tendencies, any underlying factors? And, should the parents be held accountable for the easy access the 13 yo had to the hunting knife aka weapon?

MOO

Jason Lilburn’s 13-year-old daughter is in custody charged with first-degree premeditated murder as he and his family are trying to pick up the pieces.

Now that seems wrong. First degree premeditated murder? For a death that occurred as a result of an argument?

Jason Lilburn’s 13-year-old daughter is in custody charged with first-degree premeditated murder as he and his family are trying to pick up the pieces.

Now that seems wrong. First degree premeditated murder? For a death that occurred as a result of an argument?
But premeditation can occur in the blink of an eye. It doesn't have to mean days or even hours of planning. And the triggers often are arguments.

Reports are spotty and sometimes a bit contradictory. But most accounts seem say the argument over the sign occurred. They argued in the kitchen. Then sometime later (unclear how much time passed but some did) the 13-year old ambushed the 7-year old in the bathroom. She initially attacked her sister with a knife from the kitchen. Then she stopped and went to fetch the mother's more lethal "self-defense" hunting knife from the laundry. According to LE, the kitchen knife "wasn't getting the job done." (We don't know if the 13-year old said that or if it was the speaker's opinion.)

Had the older child beaten the younger child to death immediately after or as part of an argument, a case might be able to be made for it being a "heat of the moment/crime of passion" killing. But that doesn't appear to be what happened.
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nancydrewmom
Back