2010.04.05 Hearing Today Monday 10am EST

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again--so what if nobody saw the body, they certainly did not hold it in her trunk and wait until she was in jail and then moved it for her...SOOO RIDICULOUS

Hey there :)

Me neither.

Here is my whole take on today: Defense doesn't have a specific SODDI. JB let the cat out of the proverbial bag today by admitting that they, the defense, don't know what they are looking for.
If say, the defense had determined after investigating, researching (it is called reading documents and deposing witnesses and not having the state do your work for you...I am writing directly to you, JB on this one) that there someone whom they intended to finger at trial...a specific someone...and the purpose of today's hearing was to get information from TES on just that one specific person, then fine...I have no problem with it...

But JB just announced in open court he is going on a "fishing expedition" and no Judge wants to honor that in its entirety...

Wow...just wow...

Hello again, BTW :woohoo:

ITA not to mention that it was over a year ago that JB proclaimed KC innocent and that the truth would come out in court? Wouldn't that seem to imply that he was aware of what this truth that supports his clients innocence would be?:waitasec:

Back then it sounded like JB had this whole "mystery" wrapped up with a tidy bow and we ought to all just withhold judgement until the moment he could awe us in court with his smirking omnipotence. Wow...phew!:rolleyes: I was really worried what crow would taste like coming from someone like KC and team. Guess I can stop worrying about flying pigs passing by my window now too...

JB "unacceptable they were allowed to communicate"

somebody help me out here.... I don't know a LOT about Jordan's recorded statement....I am trying to figure out why LDB mentioned IF Baez did something (?), he could be guilty of a felony???? I was lost during that exchange.

I think the issue is that JJ made an illegal recording while he was being interviewed by a member of defense. There is a new entry to the clerk's docket today to compel this recording, which I think is a request by defense. I believe LDB's argument is that anyone who listens to this illegal recording , regardless of its contents, is commiting a felony.

But this is me just speculating, anyone jump in here and correct me if I am wrong.

JB "will pursue action towards jail" "this is why this case is taking so long"

Oh. JB says Casey was "allowed" and he thinks its "wrong." to send those letters. Oh, they are locked up with no one to speak to! They are inmates? Why is it when we are speaking of Casey it is like we are speaking of royalty in exile?

JB: The case is taking so long because there is so much work to do and no time to do it? Um, how about the time you have wasted? You could have used that time, Jose.

I feel sorry for Caylee's justice and I feel badly for the people of Florida. Wow.

JB: Casey is "wonderful" and innocent.

:twocents:

I feel like JJ and his attorney not showing up today speaks volumes. And the excuse of they might have gone to the wrong courtroom doesnt fly because all they have to do is look at which courtroom has all the media cameras waiting outside. If you noticed when GA and CA left the courtroom you could see all the media with their cameras waiting outside the doors. Sooooooooooo, no JB they did not get the courtrooms mixed up they simply DID NOT SHOW!

So, Jose wants to know why he is being kept from the information he needs. Okay. Why can't the judge look and see and say: this is what is being done, let Jose have what he needs? Why can't there be an answer?

This can't be how law works.

The judge already did that. That is why TES's records have been open to the attorneys of the interested parties. They are free to schedule a time, come in and dig through the records. Both the SA and BC the A's attorney have done this to their satisfaction. Baez did not even try. And that is where he has probably really ticked off the judge by bringing this back before him.

JB would have had an easy win, if he had had someone spend an hour or two at MN's office with the records, and simply come back to the judge and politely say "This is insufficient to our needs, and we are getting in anybodies way. Can we please get a copy of the records under seal so our team can methodically organize and go through thema t our pace looking for what it is we are seeking?" A judge would have easily granted that, provided he took the time to actually try and follow the judges initial order before seeking to revise it.

Clips from this case will be used in Law Schools for generations.

JB discussing indigency -- will review budget, wants equal playing field. kc's doing her best to stay strong. Incredibly bright young woman, terribly misunderstood. Horrible situation for her. Blah, blah, blah

CM "this case has gone on and on and on with no evidence"

ITA not to mention that it was over a year ago that JB proclaimed KC innocent and that the truth would come out in court? Wouldn't that seem to imply that he was aware of what this truth that supports his clients innocence would be?:waitasec:

Back then it sounded like JB had this whole "mystery" wrapped up with a tidy bow and we ought to all just withhold judgement until the moment he could awe us in court with his smirking omnipotence. Wow...phew!:rolleyes: I was really worried what crow would taste like coming from someone like KC and team. Guess I can stop worrying about flying pigs passing by my window now too...

Well a pig just flew by mine but that is a totally separate matter...lol

Yeppers. You and I hit the nail right on the head. If the defense has any other strategy other than picking at the evidence and throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks...JB totally revealed that in open court today. Talk about a bombshell, Nancy Grace> to wit: JB openly admitted the defense has no clue what they are looking for...

Wow...I bet Mason wanted to put him in a choke hold.

JB direct quote from today's hearing: "we don't even know what we are looking for" wow...

JB & CM just yammering about the body could not have been there. JJ & LB prove that. SA hendering their investigation, hiding witnesses (including an LEO)

This is how you can tell that these allegations have no merit. If JJ and LB truly could prove that, Defense counsel would love the opportunity to put them on the witness stand at trial to blow the State's case out of the water in front of the jury. The fact that they are trumpeting this in the media, and during pre-trial hearings, is proof that the only weight this holds is as unfounded allegation. Baez and Mason know that JJ won't verify this, and that LB will be easily discredited on cross, so this is their opportunity to get this "bombshell" out on their own terms.

IMO, I have yet to see a action of JB's in this case that could be categorized as "professional" or "competent". Today's performance was certainly no exception.

CM throwing out bs about false evidence, tainted evidence

CM saying all evidence is exculpatory. No place of death, time of death, cause of death or who did it. Wants to do something relelvant at this point in his life. He was asked to join the defense.

JB: The case is taking so long because there is so much work to do and no time to do it?

Couldnt he use the time that he is speaking on camera at this very moment to be working on the case. IMO he shoots himself in the foot everytime he speaks!

I was very surprised to see the producer there. I guess ABC still thinks they can make money off of this case, which is just disgusting. I guess all they can see is green, which infuriates me! Maybe this has turned into a salvage mission for ABC too. Sorry, but it's too late for that, IMO.

Which one is the ABC producer?

CM saying all evidence is exculpatory. No place of death, time of death, cause of death or who did it. Wants to do something relelvant at this point in his life. He was asked to join the defense.

Is this attorney involved in the same case we are? lol

Mr. Mason said "If we can prove with evidence at least a reasonable doubt that somebody else had to put that body there when she could not have, then logic 101 controls. That means that somebody else was involved. Doesn't mean necessarily that somebody else did the actual killing..."

That statement to me sounds like they know that KC killed Caylee and that someone else put her body there. Did anyone else take that to mean the same thing?

I think the issue is that JJ made an illegal recording while he was being interviewed by a member of defense. There is a new entry to the clerk's docket today to compel this recording, which I think is a request by defense. I believe LDB's argument is that anyone who listens to this illegal recording , regardless of its contents, is commiting a felony.

But this is me just speculating, anyone jump in here and correct me if I am wrong.

If the other persons on the tape step forward and allowed the release of the tape, then it would be fine.

The point is, it's against the law to record anyone without their knowledge. Which is why when a business calls you or you call a business, you here a recorded message that says the call MIGHT be recorded. Just to CYA.

We know JJ knew he was being recorded, the other person I believe was Mort. So it's all up to Mort. I would think that the Defense only had to show up with a statement from Mort saying he OK'ed the taping being released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop