2010.04.13 Theories thread as a result of the search

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent about 30 mins. trying to compose my thoughts on this case, only to hit "post" and find out the thread had been closed! Dang it! So here is the abbreviated version of what I was trying to say:

Could this possibly be a set up? Misty pointed the finger at Joe and Tommy. Hank Croslin got ticked off, and told Misty he did not believe it! So, next she changes her story to say Tommy left the MH, and Joe took off with Haleigh all by himself. This takes Tommy out of the mix, and he is no longer guilty of anything.
Is it possible that LE told Tommy to turn the tables on Misty? So now we hear that she is the one that killed Haleigh. Since Misty has given up the evidence, and they can now make an arrest, what if LE told Misty that they can clear Tommy and Joe, and the evidence points only at her. I'm still leaning toward "Ronald did it." I think she would send her brother, cousin, mother and dad to jail for the rest of their lives before she would implicate Ronald. Is there anyone out that secretly thinks this is a possibility? I won't be offended if you think I'm crazy, either.

But it was orlando she was asking her family about comming to see/write her right? I wonder if police have spoke with him?

You know I am not sure but I remember her asking about someone in one of the first jail house calls but I don't think it was orlando. I think it was a name nobody recognized.

I am not sure where to post this. So I figured it would be best to put into the "theory" thread. Could it be possible that they called in all of the blood relatives in order to get a dna match for any remains that were found. This could be why the family is upset. they know that a child's remains were found, and offered their DNA for the identification of that child. moo

My feeling is LE would have done this at the very beginning of the search. I really think they brought the family in to let them know that based on recent tips, they believe Haleigh is dead and that they are working around the clock to find her. That's what LE is supposed to do in such a situation, otherwise you have family upset that they are not being told anything and must learn all from the news. To learn of the death of a child from the news would be horrible.

Maybe it's just me, but I do not think Ron is involved in Haleigh's disappearance or any after-the-fact cover up. I truly do not think so. Hopefully I won't have to eat my words. Here's why I don't think he is involved:
1. He was at work. I think by now LE could discern where he was. I don't think either he or Misty are good enough actors to cover up an earlier killing of a child by an hours later 911 call.
2. The 911 call. It seemed believable to me. Well, Ron did, Misty did not. I have known guys like Ron. His reactions seemed normal for a guy like him. His anger, calling Misty a bit#@, etc. I heard panic in his voice.
3. His anguish later on. Those were real wails and tears to me. I think he really loved his kid.
4. LE has never given any indication that Ron is involved, a suspect or "holds the key" to what happened, unlike with Misty.
5. His relationship with Misty. This seems confusing, but not totally to me. Ron is not the brightest tool in the shed. But he knows this: That he made a mistake in entrusting his precious kids to a member of a family from "Deliverance". He likely could not face that his decision could have cost his child her life. Plus, he was in love with Misty. How could he have been so wrong? Instead of facing the fact that he made such an error in judgment and then have to point the finger at himself rather than someone else, he tells himself there is no way Misty could have hurt Haleigh. He tries hard to convince himself of this, even marrying her to do so. But deep in his heart, I think he knows she did something, failed to protect Haleigh or knows exactly what happened.

Bottom line, IMO Ron is a low class kind if guy with zero education and limited intelligence. He is a criminal type, obviously. Probably violent at times as well. But these kind of people are capable of ferocious love for their children. That's why baby killers and rapers have such a hard time in prison and can't go into the general pop: Guys like Ron will kill them if given the chance.
Is he a good guy? Was he a good parent? I wouldn't give him any awards, but there are millions across the U.S. just like him, trying to make their way through the world with the limited resources they have and most of the millions like him wouldn't dream of hurting their children.
I don't think Ron knows what happened with the exception that his negligence and lack of parenting skills led to the disappearance of his little girl. He will have to live with that forever and I think that's why he doesn't seem to care whether he rots in jail or not. He lost one of the two most precious things he had and ultimately, it is his actions that led to that loss.

6. The meeting with LE and Ron's expression as he left that meeting. I don't think LE would have brought him there if they thought he was a potential suspect. They would have told him separately and used that opportunity to gauge his reactions and interrogate. I get the sense that LE feels sorry for him and although they know he's not a stellar person, they also feel for his loss. As far as his expression as he left the meeting, again, I have known guys like him and the expression makes sense to me. Ron has probably known for a long time that Haleigh is unlikely to be alive. His mind is now set to revenge. His words all along have shown that's where he is at. His expression told me that he was thinking: "I heard what I need to. I'm coming to get ya'. It won't be long."

We'll see what happens but my experience and instinct tell me Ron Cummings is not involved. If I'm wrong, the evil of what happened to Haleigh will seem all the more greater to me.

My feeling is LE would have done this at the very beginning of the search. I really think they brought the family in to let them know that based on recent tips, they believe Haleigh is dead and that they are working around the clock to find her. That's what LE is supposed to do in such a situation, otherwise you have family upset that they are not being told anything and must learn all from the news. To learn of the death of a child from the news would be horrible.

Maybe it's just me, but I do not think Ron is involved in Haleigh's disappearance or any after-the-fact cover up. I truly do not think so. Hopefully I won't have to eat my words. Here's why I don't think he is involved:
1. He was at work. I think by now LE could discern where he was. I don't think either he or Misty are good enough actors to cover up an earlier killing of a child by an hours later 911 call.
2. The 911 call. It seemed believable to me. Well, Ron did, Misty did not. I have known guys like Ron. His reactions seemed normal for a guy like him. His anger, calling Misty a bit#@, etc. I heard panic in his voice.
3. His anguish later on. Those were real wails and tears to me. I think he really loved his kid.
4. LE has never given any indication that Ron is involved, a suspect or "holds the key" to what happened, unlike with Misty.
5. His relationship with Misty. This seems confusing, but not totally to me. Ron is not the brightest tool in the shed. But he knows this: That he made a mistake in entrusting his precious kids to a member of a family from "Deliverance". He likely could not face that his decision could have cost his child her life. Plus, he was in love with Misty. How could he have been so wrong? Instead of facing the fact that he made such an error in judgment and then have to point the finger at himself rather than someone else, he tells himself there is no way Misty could have hurt Haleigh. He tries hard to convince himself of this, even marrying her to do so. But deep in his heart, I think he knows she did something, failed to protect Haleigh or knows exactly what happened.

Bottom line, IMO Ron is a low class kind if guy with zero education and limited intelligence. He is a criminal type, obviously. Probably violent at times as well. But these kind of people are capable of ferocious love for their children. That's why baby killers and rapers have such a hard time in prison and can't go into the general pop: Guys like Ron will kill them if given the chance.
Is he a good guy? Was he a good parent? I wouldn't give him any awards, but there are millions across the U.S. just like him, trying to make their way through the world with the limited resources they have and most of the millions like him wouldn't dream of hurting their children.
I don't think Ron knows what happened with the exception that his negligence and lack of parenting skills led to the disappearance of his little girl. He will have to live with that forever and I think that's why he doesn't seem to care whether he rots in jail or not. He lost one of the two most precious things he had and ultimately, it is his actions that led to that loss.

6. The meeting with LE and Ron's expression as he left that meeting. I don't think LE would have brought him there if they thought he was a potential suspect. They would have told him separately and used that opportunity to gauge his reactions and interrogate. I get the sense that LE feels sorry for him and although they know he's not a stellar person, they also feel for his loss. As far as his expression as he left the meeting, again, I have known guys like him and the expression makes sense to me. Ron has probably known for a long time that Haleigh is unlikely to be alive. His mind is now set to revenge. His words all along have shown that's where he is at. His expression told me that he was thinking: "I heard what I need to. I'm coming to get ya'. It won't be long."

We'll see what happens but my experience and instinct tell me Ron Cummings is not involved. If I'm wrong, the evil of what happened to Haleigh will seem all the more greater to me.

I don't think the police feel sorry for him one bit. They wanted to get him dealing just like the rest of the clowns.

You know I am not sure but I remember her asking about someone in one of the first jail house calls but I don't think it was orlando. I think it was a name nobody recognized.

Thanks a bunch... I'm gonna listin to those again tomorrow... something bugs me about it. If memory serves me right she asked about him a few times in different calls, maybe there's something there.... lol I dunno...

In reference to Concerned Papa's post number 309.

What about Santo's memory regarding Misty talking/arguing with someone in the other car at the bus stop. I think he said he recognized Tommy and Lindsy, and there was someone else he did not know. ? Cousin Joe? Could there have been a fight over the "bad s*** that Tommy or Joe sold to Misty and Ronald, and that's what caused all of this to come about? I don't think it escalated at the bus stop, but I think it continued later on, and Haleigh was accidentally killed. But, I still think Ronald did it!

To my recollection - it was Talon.

Thanks a bunch... I'm gonna listin to those again tomorrow... something bugs me about it. If memory serves me right she asked about him a few times in different calls, maybe there's something there.... lol I dunno...

AlmostGone, Misty kept asking about a guy named Tallen or Talent...not Orlando.

But Cindy had the smell of death in the car and she knew what that meant.

Where was Ron's smell of death? Why was he on that phone and not out looking for his daughter? As far as he knew she could have left that trailer a minute before he got home.

Since I first heard the 911 call, I've thought "staged." Ron even says, "I don't care if you record me saying I will kill the man who stole my child." Who DOES that?! Callers don't stand there thinking about the recording capabilities of the 911 dispatcher. It's gotta be the War and Peace of 911 calls! Also, he flips his lid when the dispatcher merely asks what she is wearing. Rather than screaming, "I don't know, I was at WORK!" most parents would say, "Misty, what exactly was she wearing?"

Since I first heard the 911 call, I've thought "staged." Ron even says, "I don't care if you record me saying I will kill the man who stole my child." Who DOES that?! Callers don't stand there thinking about the recording capabilities of the 911 dispatcher. It's gotta be the War and Peace of 911 calls! Also, he flips his lid when the dispatcher merely asks what she is wearing. Rather than screaming, "I don't know, I was at WORK!" most parents would say, "Misty, what exactly was she wearing?"

Exactly! He has time for all his threats, but when the 911 operator wants information to help find his daughter, he's got better things to do than talk to people that ain't coming!

He has a booking record but for the life of me I can't remember his full name.

Thank you very much! I found a little info just doing a search here... he must be close to the fam for them to know he dosnt wanna talk to her...

Also thanks to everyone else too.... just something I'm thinking about...

I'm not sure of anything except that poor Haleigh is most likely not with us any more. I have always felt that Ron knew more then he was saying since that first day when he said "I would give my life for my daughter's life back". He knew she was dead. I don't believe a word any of them say. I cannot believe that LE would be so incompetent as to clear a murderer right off the bat if JO was the person that did this. I think the only reason they are even searching or taking any of this seriously is because this is the first time anyone has acknowledged that something did happen. Misty sat there and swore to her mommy and daddy that she told them all she knew and all of the sudden she remembers, but her hands are clean? Please. I am surprised that she didn't claim that aliens abducted her.

Why'd you let my kid git stole, *****?
Dope boys don't come and git yer kids like that.

Uh, huh.

Guess they DO Ron.
What did you do?

Dang.

This thing has so many characters and twists and turns and clues and evidence and stuff it should be a board game. That's might as well be latest theory: It's a board game.

Or ... a mystery novel. Or a movie.

Only, it's not a game, nor fiction, nor a film adaptation...

Gosh I hope one of these pieces of evidence speaks loudly for Haleigh.
RIP little angel...

I'm sure this has been mentioned, as I haven't read the whole thread..my eyes are bleeding from reading here for so long today, my ears are bleeding from what I've heard and in all seriousness my heart bleeds for HaLeigh, :( this has to come to an end soon, OMG..for pities sake, this is horrible and heartbreaking.

Do we know when the last absolute positively confirmed, 100% credible last live sighting of HaLeigh was? Is GGMS to be believed? Did the neighbors see HaLeigh for sure playing in the yard. In 14 months, I don't know if we have ever been able to figure when LE REALLY believes it was...or do we?

Whatever happened was in a fit of anger, I believe. I'm still not convinced of Ron's wk hours and I'm still not convinced that he didn't go in late and inebriated as rumor had it at one time. SO MANY things that I'm not sure or convinced of..gahhh..

One thing I don't believe myself, is that whatever happened to HaLeigh was intentional...not even by Misty, but that's jmho of course..I'm thinking that maybe she was hit with something vs a hard hit with a hand or fist IF they have a murder weapon...but did we hear anything else about a weapon besides on NG? I don't even believe most of the carp on there anymore.:banghead::banghead::banghead: ..I'm going to finish watching NG (BIG thanks to PattyG) what can I say, I must be a glutton for punishment.. and call it a night..a very frustrating night. Hoping we have some news tomorrow!

I'm at a loss for theories now. Since the presser this afternoon and Hardy saying she was killed in that area. huh? I always believed whatever happened, happened at the MH. Now that we have this new info - I'm on overload.

LE found something and even possibly Haleigh so I tend to believe Hardy's info. But, who, how and why would JO, or ToC, or MC, or even RC kill Haleigh out in the woods?

My head hurts. Why can't anyone just "man up" and tell the truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isla_lei