2010.04.13 Theories thread as a result of the search

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I agree with Pat Brown's assessment that the back door was propped open to make it look like an invasion/abduction.

I voted no. I just don't think Joe has the status in this group to be a part of the crime itself. He's an outsider, even in his own family. I believe he was set up from the get go.

eta: oopsy, am I supposed to hush on this thread? lol

In the beginning, I remember everyone, including Crystal, being sure that Haleigh had been kidnapped, but would be returned. I remember thinking that they had been given a heads up. This is about the time the Jerry Springer atmosphere sprang up. My thinking is...what if there was a kidnapping, but because of the public scrutiny, something wasn't actually done until later. This would explain evidence, & the huge cover-up.

In the beginning, I remember everyone, including Crystal, being sure that Haleigh had been kidnapped, but would be returned. I remember thinking that they had been given a heads up. This is about the time the Jerry Springer atmosphere sprang up. My thinking is...what if there was a kidnapping, but because of the public scrutiny, something wasn't actually done until later. This would explain evidence, & the huge cover-up.

I think all parents kinda say that and "have" to believe that in the begginning or they would lose their mind. I've never seen any parent come out and say well my child is probably dead but please look for them KWIM

I'm subscribing to Occam's Razor here, I think the explanation has been pretty simple all along... not that I didn't entertain a lot of theories. It takes time sometimes for the truth to be seen in hindsight, though I think Pat Brown and others have had it pegged for a while now. The only other plausible scenario for me is the party/overdose either in the MH or elsewhere. The thing that confounds me is that LE is saying Haleigh DIED at or in the river, wasn't dead before being put into the river. That doesn't make sense to me. I would think they'd want to dispose of/hide a dead body in the river, not cause her death by weighting her down in the river. Certainly the truth of this issue will be crucial in trial -if it ever gets there (humor).

Thinking outside of the box here.... possibly RC was a snitch/narc for the police dept. Overstreet was going to score some pills from RC, ToC got wind that RC was a snitch, told Overstreet. OR RC owed Overstreet some money for drugs Overstreet fronted RC, but RC didn't have the bucks to pay him. What a cold calculated individual, to tie a rope attached to a cinderblock around an innocent child & throw them in the river. I pray she was already gone when she was thrown into the water (if that is what happened). I seem to recall Art Harris or someone talking about a knife as the murder weapon either Tue or Wed night.... did anyone else hear that?

Thinking outside of the box here.... possibly RC was a snitch/narc for the police dept. Overstreet was going to score some pills from RC, ToC got wind that RC was a snitch, told Overstreet. OR RC owed Overstreet some money for drugs Overstreet fronted RC, but RC didn't have the bucks to pay him. What a cold calculated individual, to tie a rope attached to a cinderblock around an innocent child & throw them in the river. I pray she was already gone when she was thrown into the water (if that is what happened). I seem to recall Art Harris or someone talking about a knife as the murder weapon either Tue or Wed night.... did anyone else hear that?

If you want allegators to eat evidence, a knife would make perfect sense. I don't think Haleigh was alive when the knife was incorporated, though. MOO!

I'm subscribing to Occam's Razor here, I think the explanation has been pretty simple all along... not that I didn't entertain a lot of theories. It takes time sometimes for the truth to be seen in hindsight, though I think Pat Brown and others have had it pegged for a while now. The only other plausible scenario for me is the party/overdose either in the MH or elsewhere. The thing that confounds me is that LE is saying Haleigh DIED at or in the river, wasn't dead before being put into the river. That doesn't make sense to me. I would think they'd want to dispose of/hide a dead body in the river, not cause her death by weighting her down in the river. Certainly the truth of this issue will be crucial in trial -if it ever gets there (humor).

I am going back to the basics as well.
Misty is responsible for Haleigh's death.
Why Ron would act like he has is still baffling to me.
Unless the OD story is true and Ron thought he would do time since they were his illegal drugs.

As far as LE goes I honestly believe they are making an concerted effort to keep this group talking. The more they talk the more likely someone will slip up. Give them the impression they are buying this version of event.

Tell Misty she is full of it and to come clean didn't work.
Letting her sit in jail didn't work.

My question is with all of the key players in jail what is the route of communication that got ALL of these people we haven't heard from in a year out and about telling the Joe story. How did they all get on that same page at the same time?

I am going back to the basics as well.
Misty is responsible for Haleigh's death.
Why Ron would act like he has is still baffling to me.
Unless the OD story is true and Ron thought he would do time since they were his illegal drugs.

As far as LE goes I honestly believe they are making an concerted effort to keep this group talking. The more they talk the more likely someone will slip up. Give them the impression they are buying this version of event.

Tell Misty she is full of it and to come clean didn't work.
Letting her sit in jail didn't work.

My question is with all of the key players in jail what is the route of communication that got ALL of these people we haven't heard from in a year out and about telling the Joe story. How did they all get on that same page at the same time?

BBM: Because hopefully for once, they're all telling the truth.

Maj. Gary Bowling, said detectives would like to interview Cummings again but have been resisted. Six months into the unsolved disappearance.

Haleigh's family remains divided 6 months later
"Snip" By Dana Treen Aug. 18, 2009

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-08-09/story/haleighs_family_remains_divided_6_months_later
Cummings: It went ‘personal’

In recent interviews at Sykes’ Welaka home where Ronald Cummings, 25, and his wife live, he told the Times-Union the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office focus was shortsighted.

Standing outside wearing T-shirts with Haleigh’s likeness, Ronald and Misty Cummings said they gave dozens of hours of interviews in February and March, including her longest, which she said occurred just before the couple were married.

“I think the longest time I was in there was eight hours,” she said.

Ronald Cummings said the investigation went in the wrong direction.

“They took a child-abduction investigation and made it a personal investigation,” he said. “Instead of keeping the focus on finding Haleigh, they made the focus on Misty and what she was doing one weekend and what happened six months ago and what happened seven years ago. It was tunnel vision.”

Cummings has cut off interviews with investigators.

“Besides ‘No I didn’t have nothing to do with my child being missing,’ what do you say?” he asked.
Maj. Gary Bowling, director of law enforcement for the department, said detectives would like to interview Cummings again but have been resisted.

The interviews with Misty Cummings have produced different pictures, he said. She was alone with Cummings’ children the night Haleigh disappeared. She has told authorities she woke up about 3 a.m. and found the 5-year-old missing.

“We’ve said from day one Misty’s story is absolutely filled with inconsistencies,” Bowling said.

BBM
Sounds like they were after Ron then...Ron wanted no part of it. Ron had many interviews with LE in the beginning. After the LDT:waitasec: Ron said "NO More". But obviously LE were not through with him....

I think that is the reason why they had to approach this investigation in a different manner--Ron wasn't talking anymore.....and that led to the drug bust. jus saying

I agree it is plausible/possible that this was a crime of revenge. But if it was, I don't think it would be as simple as RC owing JO money he couldn't fork over. It would more likely be the snitch issue.

It's very interesting that all's quiet on the RC front. I do agree with Pat Brown that RC has a lot more to do with this than he has let on, or that some people believe.

From the beginning, I've thought that Ronald was involved-no doubt about it. But when Tommy put himself @ that trailer, I realized that he was for sure involved. Now, these new revelations have me confused. Surely, things didn't happen like this. When I try to keep it simple & logical, (stupid me), I always come back to Ron. If he didn't do it, but was covering to protect his lifestyle of drug dealing, guns, & wild weekends, well, that's what has muddied this mess up. If that's his only involvement, I hope LE throws the book @ him, for being an accessory after the fact, & hindering this investigation.

I voted NO. Misty was pissed off about having to watch those children that night. So I think its Misty who is responsible for the death of that child. Tommy was used to help her get rid of the evidence and body. I think Joe was used to help dump the body. Why they took 14 months to tell the truth pisses me off. That poor little girl went into a watery grave and her body will prolly never be found. I hope Misty rots in JAIL

Respectfully snipped...

From my personal experience the reason is because Joe was actually there. With the Croslin family crime history, no one wanted to involve anyone if they didn't have to, especially if they thought they could pull the rouse (sp?) off. After all, they have been protecting their dysfunctional parents/family for years. Now that they are turning on each other, all deals are off. And, Ron is a loaded cannon. He's already declared that he'll shoot to kill and spend the rest of his life in Jail. Isn't it interesting that Ron is 25/26 and the rest of the players aren't even of legal drinking age are just barely? Ron is a hot head and the rest of them are just criminal barely legal thugs.

Anyone remember this " I would give my life to have my daughter's life back." This caught alot of peoples attention,especially mine. Now that we(almost) know that Haleigh was probably deceased then, this definitely has new meaning, she was deceased and Ron knew it, when he said this.

Respectfully snipped...

From my personal experience the reason is because Joe was actually there. With the Croslin family crime history, no one wanted to involve anyone if they didn't have to, especially if they thought they could pull the rouse (sp?) off. After all, they have been protecting their dysfunctional parents/family for years. Now that they are turning on each other, all deals are off. And, Ron is a loaded cannon. He's already declared that he'll shoot to kill and spend the rest of his life in Jail. Isn't it interesting that Ron is 25/26 and the rest of the players aren't even of legal drinking age are just barely? Ron is a hot head and the rest of them are just criminal barely legal thugs.

IIRC Tommy is 26 (born in 1983).

IIRC Tommy is 26 (born in 1983).

I read some where that he was 22, but the media is just so full of mistakes in this case an every other case across America that I'm wiling to believe 26 as well. Go figure.

Thanks for the info.

Respectfully snipped...

I understand why they are going with the Joe story, but why now? and how did they all know this was the story? It wasn't the story before they went to jail. It wasn't the story for several weeks while they were in jail.

And as far as Ron being a hot headed .... Ron is all false threats and bravado IMO. Waiving guns around, leaving rats in mailboxes. WBG was sleeping with Ron's girlfriend. Didn't do a thing about it. Supposedly has a major fight with JO, but JO is at his house and hanging around the morning after the "kidnapping", didn't appear to be shaking in fear of Big Bad Ron killing him. Smacking Tommy around through a window is about as brave as shaking Misty. He is a coward who intimidates those he thinks are weak.

Screaming about how you will kill the person who did this is easy. Ron hasn't done anything... oh wait, he got a tattoo.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members