2010.04.13 Theories thread as a result of the search

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Timmy is the one that should have appeared on NG IMO. Misty apparently called Timmy several times Monday evening and Timmy said Jo wasn't in his room after he went to bed. Timmy apparently failed a LDT and told Misty during a jailhouse conversation he won't return to Florida to visit his siblings in jail because he's afraid of being arrested.

Misty said Timmy is the brother she relies on for help. Timmy hurled verbal insults at Ron before HaLeigh disappeared and Ron reported him to LE. Ron didn't have warm and fuzzy feelings for either Timmy and Tommy IMO.

Can I have a link to that jailhouse call I must of missed it

From my understading she turned her phone off so if the phone is off you can't leave a message:twocents:

Yes you can. The phone directs immediately to the VM message and one can choose to leave a message or not.

Yes you can. The phone directs immediately to the VM message and one can choose to leave a message or not.

I'm still under the understanding that her phone was shut off that night yes/no?

Yeah my son just said you could if you turn it off can leave a voicemail thanks

In one of the jailhouse phone calls with Timmy, she tells him the only way she is getting out of jail is to tell them something about Haleigh. He tells her if she knows, tell. She says she doesn't know anything.

I think her and Tommy are making stuff up for their get out of jail free card.

In any event, I don't think Timmy will be a suspect. He didn't seem to care if she told something about Haleigh, if it would get her out of jail.

My son has never set up his voice mail on his cell and therefore I can't leave a message if he doesn't answer. He looks at his caller ID and calls me back. He does this so that he won't use up phone minutes by listening to his messages. I guess you can prevent that if you have a land line and check your messages that way, but he doesn't have a land line.

If this is still just a theory at this stage, why not share?
It's a cliffhanger...

IF Joe was there when Haleigh died and he had no involvement in her actual death, then why would he have remained silent? There was obviously a disposal of her body and a coverup, so maybe his participation was enough to keep him silent. But with the intensity of this case, I would think that he would have lawyered up and offered this information in exchange for leniency. We will have to see if there is evidence that he was present at the MH this night. If he was, then one possibility is that he is was a psycho who abused and killed Haleigh and put fear into both Misty and Tommy.

Since both Misty and Tommy were taken down to the boat ramp, this gives credence that they were both there when Haleigh's body was put into the river. The other possible scenario is that there was an improper relationship going on between Misty and Tommy. Either Haleigh was given drugs to make her sleep and OD'd, or she witnessed this and she was killed to keep her quiet. If Joe was present and participated in this, again he would have had to have a good reason to keep quiet.

IF Joe was there when Haleigh died and he had no involvement in her actual death, then why would he have remained silent? There was obviously a disposal of her body and a coverup, so maybe his participation was enough to keep him silent. But with the intensity of this case, I would think that he would have lawyered up and offered this information in exchange for leniency. We will have to see if there is evidence that he was present at the MH this night. If he was, then one possibility is that he is was a psycho who abused and killed Haleigh and put fear into both Misty and Tommy.

Since both Misty and Tommy were taken down to the boat ramp, this gives credence that they were both there when Haleigh's body was put into the river. The other possible scenario is that there was an improper relationship going on between Misty and Tommy. Either Haleigh was given drugs to make her sleep and OD'd, or she witnessed this and she was killed to keep her quiet. If Joe was present and participated in this, again he would have had to have a good reason to keep quiet.

My understanding is Misty failed the LDT concerning cousin Jo threatening her with a knife as she claims he did.. So I'm ruling fear of cousin Jo out as a possibility..JMO

Thanks for sharing. These scenarios are like the many others that have run through my head too. I woke up this morning feeling I have traveled the gamut of potentials only to discover that I still can't place Miss Plum in the library with the candlestick. Just when I think I have it figured out, I read another post or two that sways me in another direction. For now, all I can say is I think they ALL are involved to some degree (including Ron and TiC), maybe Joe but not sure, maybe individual/s yet to be named. Some directly involved, some indirectly but have knowledge. Where/why/with what weapon no clue. So in a nutshell.. I am about as close to figuring this out as the day the case hit the news. They all were suspect then, and remain on the radar today. :)

The one thing we have to remember is, I believe LE's theory is based on Steve Brown's "solution". He specifically says RC is not involved and he doesn't think MC is involved in killing Haleigh. I think they are relying heavily upon finding some evidence in the most recent search to back the theory up. If this is the case, I don't think they'll be looking for any evidence for RC or MC, even if we all think there is more to it than gun stealing revenge.

How did Misty get to Timmy's in Crescent City? If HaLeigh was dead in the house, would she leave? Misty made several phone calls to Timmy's that evening so I believe they came over to help her. Timmy apparently flunked his LDT.

How did Misty get to CC-anybody she knew she could have called, NN, AS, TN, Tommy-they all have vehicles. Ron could have snuck out of work.
A person that was very high on LE's radar in the Somer Thompson case apparently flunked his LDT, too, but was cleared by DNA. He was on 20/20
last Friday.

JMO and a fact thrown in

The one thing we have to remember is, I believe LE's theory is based on Steve Brown's "solution". He specifically says RC is not involved and he doesn't think MC is involved in killing Haleigh. I think they are relying heavily upon finding some evidence in the most recent search to back the theory up. If this is the case, I don't think they'll be looking for any evidence for RC or MC, even if we all think there is more to it than gun stealing revenge.

S. Brown specifically says that Ron isn't involved "to the best of his knowledge...."

If this was done out of revenge over a gun dispute, it's hard for a normal person to even fathom. But, I hear and read about killings over such minor things all the time in the news, where I live. It's just horrible and so hard to believe, but it happens.

I am bringing this post because I wanted to make a comment and not bog up the other thread by commenting on it there.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2010.04.18 Ronald Hopes Misty was Forced to Hold Info from Him about Haleigh

Dr. F, I am agreeing with you on this one. I have sat and thought about it for many months now and pondered as well. I haven't wanted to admit it to myself but all the events and everything we have seen thus far indicates that it was a violent death and I firmly believe that she was hidden and no one has come forward because of the manner of her death.

If it had been an accident, at this point in time, the person or persons responsible would have come forward with something. It just doesn't wash that no one will speak. Even if there were fear of reprisal---the fear has been removed at this time because RC is in jail and JO is in TN and the one that was there that night with Haleigh (by her own admission) is also in Jail and safe physically from any reprisals.

JMHO as of this moment. It could definately change as more info comes out.

IMO, the deafening silence and ridiculous lies of Misty and Tommy might be explained by either the fear and terror of an improper relationship between the two becoming public OR pedophile activity that Misty became aware of that led to Haleigh's death.

IMO, the deafening silence and ridiculous lies of Misty and Tommy might be explained by either the fear and terror of an improper relationship between the two becoming public OR pedophile activity that Misty became aware of that led to Haleigh's death.

Yes, I agree. Or both.

IMO, Misty and Tommy are fearless re guns, drug dealing, drug using, pathological lying to investigators, family, each other, being arrested, doing time. Don't buy it - fear of Ron, fear of Cousin JO. No accident in my mind anymore. Grandma had it right when she said on NG last week - I think they have no remorse (paraphrased). Don't care whether or not she was interested in the reward money. She got that right.

In one of the jailhouse phone calls with Timmy, she tells him the only way she is getting out of jail is to tell them something about Haleigh. He tells her if she knows, tell. She says she doesn't know anything.

I think her and Tommy are making stuff up for their get out of jail free card.

In any event, I don't think Timmy will be a suspect. He didn't seem to care if she told something about Haleigh, if it would get her out of jail.

Well, if they're making stuff about a murder, and they were present, they will be in jail for a long time as either accessories or co-conspirators. So there will be no get-out-of-jail free card, even if they pin it on Joe. They aren't working to get out of jail free; they are working to avoid the death penalty or life without parole. The stories will have to match the other evidence that LE has in order for them to be taken seriously.

Other POI's. I keep going back to that. Known or unknown..?
The hump I can't get over is that I believe Ronald was at werk, but I also believe he knows everything that happened. He stays with Misty and defends her. He appears completely unbelievable.
It keeps making me think it was a retaliation hit for something Ronald and they ALL were involved with that they can't have known. So they all agree to cover up what happened to Haleigh to protect that secret. Joe must have no knowledge, or he wouldn't be the popular guy to throw under the bus. Joe would tell to save himself from a murder charge if he knew what the secret was.
I can't rule this possibility out. Ron's actions have to be explained. I do not believe Ron did anything to Haleigh, nor do I believe he would take Misty and the other Croslins for their word, and stay with Misty.
What does Ron have to hide then?

I've been thinking about RC and MC's marriage. She was underage and if they didn't marry, he could have gone to jail....

This is something we've mentioned before...

but what I haven't seen mentioned here before (if it is, I missed it)

If they are married they cannot force them to testify against one another.

So could it be that RC knew that MC could testify against him for not only statutory rape but also may be drug charges?

Could it be, that MC siezed the opportunity thinking that then RC couldn't be made to testify against her not only for drugs, but also her involvement with Haleigh's disappearance?

Could it be that RC was in the dark and after they were married, MC thinking she was safe from having RC testifying against him, told him what actually happened that night? Could that have led to the divorce?

just some random thoughts:twocents::twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member