2010.04.13 - What's going on in Tennessee? Joe talks to the media

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So, are they saying this search is being conducted because of a tip that came in from grandma Hollars in Tennessee? And isn't she the one who is as proud of Misty as TN is Ronald?

Not per LE, but per the reporter. Now it is also being reported that grandma feels Joe has changed since he came back from FL a few days after Haleigh went missing. (So, ..he did not leave the same day as the Croslin's have said, he left a few days after.)

I just don't know what to believe. If true he came back a changed person then maybe he was there when what ever happen to Haleigh happen, helped dispose of her, was told what happen, or knew they were going to try and pin this on him and he is scared to death.

Right now it just looks as if Misty, Ron, Tommy, and Joe all took part in something. IMO. I go back and forth with Joe because I could not understand why he would just take Haleigh and kill her over a gun as Misty and Tommy are saying. Just does not make sense. Even though, none of the cases regarding murdered children make sense.
I really had my hopes up that this time around LE would finally have an answer to what happen to Haleigh, but the way there is much mis-reporting and finger pointing I am lost. I don't know what to think or believe at this point.

Here lately I have been working on a new theory and it involves Jo being the one telling the truth and LE using information that he is giving them. I know this theory will not be liked by some but this is all JMO.

Here goes:

I believe that Misty was the one who picked up Haleigh from the bus stop. I think that eyewitnesses who state that Ron was there is also correct. Maybe Misty wasn't suppose to pick her up as far as Ron was concerned. Didn't TN call HER to babysit? Okay...

I think that an altercation broke out before Ron went to work between HIM and Misty...Out of fear, Misty calls her brother and HER brother came running with Timmy and Jo in tow (they've done it before). All of this happening before Ron went to work. I don't know if the altercation went down at the mh or somewhere else. But I feel that where ever they all ended up Ron got into a scuffle with the Croslins. Because Ron is out numbered 3 to 1, he goes for his gun......He starts shooting and Timmy, Jo, and Tommy try to haul azz AWAY from the gun fire. In the mist of trying to get away, the blue van is scratched/broken light....

While Ron is shooting he accidentally hits Haleigh. By the time this happens though, the Croslins are out of dodge. They are unaware that because of the gunfire Haleigh was hit.

I don't think that Haleigh sustained a fatal wound but let me tell you why. 1) they did not take her to the ER, 2) Ron thought that the injury could be fixed....We don't know what time Ron got to work that evening, but Ron's lawyer says he was there by 5p (don't know that I believe this).
TN says that SHE is the one who sent the "family member over there" not "family members" so to me TN was trying to avoid telling about the AUNT/Nurse going to the mh with GMS. Let's say that GMS did get to the mh around 7pm-ish.....That would mean that TN called her before this, maybe between 6pm-7pm-ish. That would mean that Ron called TN before that...maybe between 5pm-6pm-ish....Right after arriving at work.The problem had already begun.

While GMS and the aunt is there, they realize that the problem could not be fixed and somewhere around this time (7p-8:30p) Haleigh dies from her injury. At 8:30p Ron and Misty argue over the phone about babysitting. I think the argument had to do with the fact that Misty wasn't suppose to be babysitting his kids in the first place, I think that responsibility was given to TN but TN put it on Misty and Ron was mad......He is blaming her for the altercation that led up to all of this. Misty is believing that she was the cause of it, therefore, blaming herself for what happened to Haleigh. So she sticks with Ron like glue and vice versa.

Ron made over 90 calls that evening so that tells me that something was definitely wrong long before the 911 call.

LE was interested in the hours 8p-3a. This is around the time that GMS and the aunt left. I got a feeling TN made it there too around this time. LE wants to know what went down after that. IMO, they knew about the altercation and the possibility that Haleigh died in the middle of it...They just needed to know what happened after that so they could locate her body.

-Jo left town
-Timmy eventually left town
-Tommy ended up with a dead rat in his mailbox

I will stop right there for now....

I think that's why it is so easy for Misty to put the blame on them but can't really implicate them. THEY had something do with the altercation that led up to this but did not directly kill Haleigh. Ron did..

There's too much talk about a gun.

I think at the time all Jo, Timmy, and Tommy knew was there was an altercation and Ron starting shooting. They did not know Haleigh was caught in the crossfire and later died. That would explain why everyone seemed so scared to talk.. Can you imagine starting a fight that killed an innocent child? I would probably be scared to tell too, knowing that I was part of it somehow but not directly, KWIM?

I think JO has given police that part of it because that's all he knows. The rest of it became a Cummings affair/coverup.

JMO:couch:

Good morning, I know we are on the wrong thread for discussion of a theory but I have to ask ....if everyone hates the RC so much and a fight happened the way you described and the original plan was for everyone to get out of dodge, why didn't they? Why would Misty's mom and dad sign the papers for her to wed the man who just killed his child and had a shootout with their kids? The Croslin's seem like a very tight knit, genuinely loving family to me, I believe they have lived a nomadic life over the years and Misty's non education is the product of that. So is all the thievery that went on, Momma steals, brother steals...and when the fire get's too hot they scram.

Timmy Chelsea Lisa Hank, Tommy Lyndsy.....they were all standing with RC with big smiles on their face in the wedding pics. I think they were smiling because they thought they had RC fooled and their plan to cover up for their kids was working out just fine. I can't believe that if RC was involved any of these people would cover up for him. None of them. That is the missing piece in all of this for me, .....what do you think?

What does Crystal have to due with Tenn??
JMO Joe O is not in this if he was he would of been picked up already.JMO

As more of Joe's story comes out I am becoming convinced he knows something. People don't change, do a complete turnaround, become a different person for nothing.....imo. He was involved in some way.

His lawyer says they talk ed in great detail about what happened and Joe told everything he knew about what happened. That right there tells me something happened! I am so sick of all this bull crap really.

Sirgo says he thinks he knows what the investigators are going to do next.....an arrest is coming.

Overstreet and Cummings' grandmother, Flora Hollars also lives in Antioch. She said she's not surprised police came back to interview her grandson.

"They've been waiting on him to get here," she said.

Hollars said the ordeal has been beyond difficult for their family. She said, however, she thinks Overstreet knows more than he's telling investigators. He came back to Tennessee a few days after Haleigh disappeared.

"He's been a changed person since he got back from Florida," she said. "He's not been the same person anymore. There's been a complete turnaround. And there's a scare in his eyes. And it's been there ever since he came back."

Hollars also said whenever she wears a shirt with Haleigh's face on it, Overstreet often leaves the house and refuses to talk about Haleigh.

More at link...
http://www.news4jax.com/news/23156161/detail.html

BBM. Gosh Gma, ya think so? Well Misty was pointing the finger at him and saying he was a sex offender on National TV from the get go. Chew on that one Gma.

What does Crystal have to due with Tenn??
JMO Joe O is not in this if he was he would of been picked up already.JMO

Picked up for what?

What charge could they use to go and pick up a 19 year old and extradite him from his state....to a different state.....and lock him up? I have to agree with NG on this one, she does know a thing or two about the law whether anyone wants to admit it or not. I think they have been watching this guy for a year, he might be the lock to Misty's key. He does know something .....the article above states as much, imo.

As more of Joe's story comes out I am becoming convinced he knows something. People don't change, do a complete turnaround, become a different person for nothing.....imo. He was involved in some way.

His lawyer says they talk ed in great detail about what happened and Joe told everything he knew about what happened. That right there tells me something happened! I am so sick of all this bull crap really.

Sirgo says he thinks he knows what the investigators are going to do next.....an arrest is coming.

Well I think my relatives accusing me of being a SO and child murderer on national tv would cause a big change in me. And now even your grandma?

Yeah, I'd walk away too.

The thing is, we haven't heard a beep about Joe's alibi, about where he says he's been the night of Feb 9-10. Now he stalks away when he's asked about his visit to Florida. If he'd been at a bar, with a girlfriend, fishing someplace, shopping at the corner store, wouldn't it be natural for him to take the opportunity to come right out with it and present his defence? I didn't kill Haleigh, I wasn't even there.

But he didn't, and now I just can't help thinking that it's probably because he has no alibi, he was in fact there and knows something. It would be more difficult for the others to try and pin it on him if he was seen somewhere different.

Well I think my relatives accusing me of being a SO and child murderer on national tv would cause a big change in me. And now even your grandma?

Yeah, I'd walk away too.

Well I wouldn't.....If I was innocent and I did nothing wrong I wouldn't, and i sure as heck would have a lot more to say than" I didn't hurt her" That is not too convincing, imo.

The thing is, we haven't heard a beep about Joe's alibi, about where he says he's been the night of Feb 9-10. Now he stalks away when he's asked about his visit to Florida. If he'd been at a bar, with a girlfriend, fishing someplace, shopping at the corner store, wouldn't it be natural for him to take the opportunity to come right out with it and present his defence? I didn't kill Haleigh, I wasn't even there.

But he didn't, and now I just can't help thinking that it's probably because he has no alibi, he was in fact there and knows something. It would be more difficult for the others to try and pin it on him if he was seen somewhere different.

lol.....he doesn't have an alibi because all his family has turned on him and Chelsea and Timmy are too busy covering their own butts for the evening. We already know what she said.....I can't 100% account for Joe that night. I wonder if she can 100% account for her husband?

lol.....he doesn't have an alibi because all his family has turned on him and Chelsea and Timmy are too busy covering their own butts for the evening. We already know what she said.....I can't 100% account for Joe that night. I wonder if she can 100% account for her husband?

Excellent question and the same goes for Lindsy, who by the way, is now using her maiden name on her facebook page and is not listing her location any longer.

Excellent question and the same goes for Lindsy, who by the way, is now using her maiden name on her facebook page and is not listing her location any longer.

I can't figure Lyndsy out. I have stopped trying. I need more info. I sort of wonder if she was helping JJ and PC there in the end of those last jail tapes we heard.

She def seems to be distancing herself from ToC now. Or she will stand by him like she said and she wants to be left alone right now. Don't know.

Respectfully I post, this is not the thread to discuss Crystal Sheffied and what happened years ago. :crazy: This is the "What's going on in Tennessee, etc." thread.

Hopefully he has told LE all these things. And since LE has told everyone involved not to talk, it could be that Joe is the only that has listened?

Well I wouldn't.....If I was innocent and I did nothing wrong I wouldn't, and i sure as heck would have a lot more to say than" I didn't hurt her" That is not too convincing, imo.

Hopefully he has told LE more.

I suspect he does know something, but I doubt he murdered Haleigh like Tommy and Misty are claiming..
He and his attorney are not denying a fight over the gun either like Ron C has..
Maybe LE has asked him not to comment.. He did say he would like to but he couldn't..JMO

One thing about JO that stands out for me from his interview is that he stated [paraphrasing] that he "did not hurt" Haleigh.

This could be a very truthful statement; many times people lie, not outright but by omission.

I need to go back and review the transcript...see what he said and what he didn't say.

What I cannot for the life of me understand, is why, if looking for a gun and being unable to find it, you would take a child instead? I don't get the concept of stealing a CHILD for revenge. Drugs, money, physical possesions I get; but a child?!?

Cynic that I am.....why do I believe him? :waitasec:

But, I want to know where he was that night....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back