2010.04.14 New search for Haleigh #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is past 9:30 am in Fl right now. Any information on whether the search has resumed? Where are our locals this morning?

Is there another video? The one that I saw Brown says nothing about who did it.
It cut off at the time the reporter asks him who is suspect.................

No, he doesn't mention names, I came to that conclusion once the reporter asked if he was out of state. Sorry for the confusion..

GAH!!!!!

AH says that Brown was the PI who was called in by ToC's lawyer.
WHO IS STEVEN BROWN????
And why did he direct AH to the PCSO yet he gave an interview on the news about solving the case?

So many more questions now after reading that article.

Maybe AH should hang up his press credentials for a minute. Take a break. Backpack in Europe. Take a drive through the country. Sorry, Art. I'm sure you're a nice guy and all.

In the video I posted with Steve Brown, former FBI, stated RC has no involvement. When asked about who is responsible are they out of the state, he answers yes, (cousin JO from Tennessee but doesn't name him) multiple suspects, also stated MC was there and doesn't know the law since he's not an attorney on what she could be charged with...very intersting, seems to me, MC has told them from the beginning about JO, who left the next day after HaLeigh's alleged abduction but had been interviewed and not viewed as a suspect, early on...Someone made a huge error in not putting pressure on cousin JO, TommyC who seems to have given corroborating information which leads the authorities to St. John's River...I also notice they are concentrating near the dock area. I so there will be enough evidence found with HaLeigh to convict...If she was in that cooler, I'm sure some forensic evidence is there...

It's time to bring HaLeigh home!

OH I SO HOPE HE IS CORRECT!

IIRC.. He stated to his knowledge Ron C is not involved..
I took that to mean at this time he doesn't know IF Ron C is involved.. I say Ron C is involved... JMO

The search has resumed. They said so on the news shows.

Thanks, I apparently don't know which news shows to follow. The live feed I have up now is just sitting there doing nothing. I was starting to get concerned.

Do you know if anywhere is providing live (or at least up to speed) coverage of todays search? As they did yesterday. I have googled but I can't find any. I'm in Scotland so there are quite a few local news sites etc I can't access here which doesn't help.

It is past 9:30 am in Fl right now. Any information on whether the search has resumed? Where are our locals this morning?

Boats will rejoin search for Haleigh at daybreak
Last Update: 4/13 / 2010
<snipped>
Investigators searched a new area off of County Road 309 early Tuesday morning in Satsuma. Police did not want to release any information regarding where they received a tip from or what information led them to this area, but this area has not previously been searched.

Article:
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...leigh-at-daybreak/hLKOtNaKCk6mOV_Hcpjl9g.cspx

Not sure if this will be of any help, but here are to links showing all of Chyrslers vans from
84-2007 one for the Town and Country and the other for their Caravan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Caravan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Town_and_Country

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the video with Chelsea about the van about 52-53 into the video it just shows barley the front of the van it is def. a Chrysler but their van is blue, aren't detectives asking about a Gray van ?

you will have to scroll down the videos until you see this it is about the 7th one down: Haleigh Cummings: Croslin's Van Released 03/18/09

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...US282US282&tbs=isch:1&ei=27vFS6_zDobkNZOp8d8N

--------------------------------------------------------------------
New search under way for Haleigh Cummings
Sheriff's officials have met with family members

Published: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 6:30 a.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at 6:47 a.m.

Snipped--------------

The woman, who did not want to be named but said she has lived in the area about two years, said officers have gone door-to-door in the neighborhood, getting residents' names and asking if they have seen a newer model, gray van in the area.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20100414/ARTICLES/4141010/1402/NEWS?p=2&tc=pg

I saw on ticker while watching the Nancy Grace show the Misty's grandmother was the one who told them where the body was. Did anybody else see that?? It went across the bottom several times. I am positive!!

Yes, I saw that banner as well.

I also posted NG transcript where she alleges, TommyC called his grandmother and told her he couldn't keep this in any longer. She asked if it was JO who allegedly killed HaLeigh and he said yes. That is when she called into FDLE to tell them what she was told by TommyC.

Seems we are getting conflicting reports from media..I wish they'd get their stories straight!

GRACE: Sources telling us tonight that this has officially, as of today, turned into a homicide investigation. As we go to air, at this moment, we are showing you live photos and live video. The St. John`s River and a densely wooded area about two miles south of where Haleigh disappeared, her home, is now being combed not only by cadaver dogs -- there you are seeing the photo of an ice cooler, a blue ice cooler being hauled up out of the St. John`s River -- being combed by cadaver dogs, scuba divers, helicopters, search teams, all of this happening in the last couple of hours, in the last 10 to 12 hours. We find out Misty Croslin rousted out of her private jail cell and grilled again, in fact, taken back to Putnam County to be questioned and then taken back to her jail cell. Then, suddenly, everyone converges at the St. John`s River.

Straight out to Art Harris, investigative journalist. Art, what do you know?

ART HARRIS, INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALIST: Nancy, I can tell you that the break in this case, as unlikely as it sounds, came from Misty`s brother, Tommy Croslin, and that in an interview that he had with a retired FBI agent, Steve Brown (ph), supposedly an investigator for his lawyer -- Brown would not comment -- but that he told him that is where they should look and that Tommy led detectives in the last couple of days to this spot on the river with Steve Brown and said that`s where they needed to go look, that this is where her body had been dumped.

He suddenly has confirmed, it looks like, the story that Misty Croslin, his sister, has been telling others in two letters from jail, claiming cousin Joe from Tennessee came into the trailer that night, tried to steal a gun from her then boyfriend, now husband -- or now ex-husband Ronald Cummings, couldn`t find, it, got mad, took Haleigh, that Tommy left and Joe left with Haleigh. Joe has denied any involvement. He has a lawyer. He`s talked to investigators a couple of times.

But back to the river bank. It was Tommy who flunked a polygraph in the last few days, my sources tell me, a private polygraph, and he decided finally to come clean. I talked to his grandmother in Tennessee today, Nancy, and she said to me that Tommy was on the phone with her and said -- she said he said, I`m just -- I can`t keep this to myself any longer. Her name is Flora Holler. She said to me, Well, I asked him, Did Joe do it? And Tommy said yes.

GRACE: So that leads me to my next question, Art Harris. That says to me that Misty Croslin was at the home, that cousin Joe was at the home, that Tommy Croslin -- they were all there and nobody stopped the perp from taking the girl. And all this time, they`ve known. Nobody called 911. Nobody called the father, Ronald Cummings, nothing. If this scenario is true, they should all go down for homicide!

HARRIS: Nancy, the story is that they were in the home and that Misty and Tommy were both threatened by cousin Joe, threatened to kill them, their family, and that for this long, they have sat on this story. Now, whether true or not, they are now teaming up independently to confirm at least one story that police are following to its conclusion and have high hopes this could at least lead to a break in the case...
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/13/ng.01.html

Do you know if anywhere is providing live (or at least up to speed) coverage of todays search? As they did yesterday. I have googled but I can't find any. I'm in Scotland so there are quite a few local news sites etc I can't access here which doesn't help.

They have been on and off during the search. Here is the link I have, I just hit refresh every once in a while to make sure I am not missing something.

Live feed for newsjax morning show. Nothing on Haleigh at the moment. http://www.news4jax.com/video/15505198/index.html
live news link. When breaking news they come back on air. They will update as well throughout the day.
http://www.news4jax.com/index.html

RC was taken to the police station to tell of this new search and possibly it now being a homicide investigation. He wasn't taken to the search area. GGMSykes showed up last night, she was asked to leave and to stay away, they didn't want her to possibly contaminate any evidence..or what they told her..

How far does GMS live from the search area? I thought she showed up first and was told to leave?

wow, sorry, AH but that sounds like a load of crap to me...

Thanks, I apparently don't know which news shows to follow. The live feed I have up now is just sitting there doing nothing. I was starting to get concerned.

If you had on a regular news show, they just show a picture when there is a commercial airing. When the station goes to regular programming, other than news, again, they show the picture. Only news programs are aired live, or breaking news reports. That's why nothing is happening for you.

HLN just showing yesterday's pics .................nothing new except search is back on

IIRC.. He stated to his knowledge Ron C is not involved..
I took that to mean at this time he doesn't know IF Ron C is involved.. I say Ron C is involved... JMO

Yes, Emeralgem. Mr. Brown stated, not to the best of his knowledge.

I'm having a hard time with RC since he did have a rock solid alibi and has not been a suspect. I thought he was cleared as a suspect since they checked up on him at work.

RC is guilty of leaving his children with an inexperienced young girl, with no attachment to HaLeigh. She allowed them (JO/TommyC) to leave with her knowing it wouldn't have been a good outcome. She should have called 911 immediately.

I wonder if this is the argument that was allegedly heard at around 2:30-2:35 that same morning of HaLeigh's abduction. All that nonsense, I wish they took me instead of HaLeigh cause I could fight..paraphrased. I had nuthin to do with HaLeigh's disappearance..Yes you did and you didn't stop it from happening...:furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megan phillips lynch