2010.04.16 Ron in lockdown??

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is no reason for them to assume he is clear of anything. He has a record I think. A checkered past at the least. Then his mom has issues. Anyone who cares to look at the tapes of her visit would hear her say very clearly there is a snitch and wonders if they will talk. WTH is that about. None of this makes sense.

Per Ron's attorney: Ron REQUESTED to be taken out of LD and put into General Population.
You've supposedly just been told your daughter is dead. Gone. And presumably if the story about Crystal telling a friend via cell phone "Joe killed my baby" is true -- and if Ron was at the same meeting -- then he has been told this too. So, instead of wanting to stay by himself in LD and reflect on this news and maybe beat on the walls with his fist while starting the true grieving process for his child. . . his first thought is "I wannna go out into GP." Why? Why would you want to be out among a bunch of other people when you have the option of grieving in private? To intimdate someone? To get a message to someone on the outside? Hmmm . . .

Also I wonder if Ron has been thinking about that cinderblock, you know the one that he claimed he had never seen? It just may come back to bite him in the butt.

I don't think it is complicated. They are just not looking at rc as a suspect. He is now in GP and he is fine. He obviously has no ill affects or ill will towards anyone or even about his daughter's death. He has moved on and is happy to be with all the inmates where he can do his social work.

There is only one thing that would bother rc and that is placed in isolation; now that he is victim and is not feeling sad or wanting to hurt anyone, he can finally move on.

Plus he has access to contraband in GP.

Gwen, you are so right. I has worked like this all of his life. He gets put in Putnam where it is better, he gets put in GP because he asks. His entire life of crime and getting away with it is astounding. He always has an attorney; He lawyered up before anyone in the whole case. He has NG and JC out to speak well of him on national tv. No one cares to call him for what he is. He embraced the people who may have harmed/killed his daughter and what does he say, "Can I be in GP now?"

The only hope now is for him to mess up there. If he gets caught wheeling and dealing he will be put in isolation but I don't know how bad that is in Putnam...Personally the place sounds cush to me...but I'm used to high level prisons
I know this guy is frustrating, but thinking with my logical mind tells me this may not be as bad as it seems. I don't think, all of this time, LE has been playing Ron-just doesn't make sense. But I'll tell you what does make sense. Somebody in LE thinks like we do. & even if they were babying him up until a few days ago, I garuntee you that this Joe mess isn't adding up, & they went to him for help. Well, Ron doesn't just have a lawyer, he's lawyered up, & we know how cops feel about that. I bet he wasn't as forthcoming as LE expected him to be. & considering these drug charges & the prison time he's staring @, why would that be? What does this man have to do, besides help LE find his daughter? Was he offered a poly & his lawyer, on Ron's behalf of course, politely refused based on that oldie but goodie, 'they're not admissable in court'? No, I think Ron was allowed in GP for other reasons-just maybe LE is looking for answers & they wanna watch Ron real close, because they know he's a control freak who is gonna have to find out information on Misty. Ron can't stand not knowing every little detail & being in charge.

I really do believe that there IS a method to LE's madness. They know what happened, but they have to prove it. IMO, once they let that cat out of the bag, that Ron is the true major suspect, they can't put it back in. Add to that, they have nothing to gain imo by putting that info out there.

don't think if Ron was any kind of suspect he would not be getting out of lockdown and put in general population.\\

That is my point...they cleared him for GP. He is no threat to anyone and no one is a threat to him. He has no depression and is in a good state of mind. Considering the news he just heard, it boggles my mind.

We all are way to familiar with his threats. At the very least he should be extremely volatile at this point, just finding out his wife possible killed his daughter and what does he do? States he is fine and ready to move on...GP is a reward for him. He loves being around his kind. It gives him opportunity to be in control and buy them. After all he has more money than anyone else, for sure and can control everyone with it.

He isn't fine and dandy. Asking to be put in GP is a whole heck of a lot better than being locked up with only the thoughts in your head.
And I have very little doubt that he is on some medication for anti-depression/anxiety.

Unless County is very different they have nothing to gain by putting him in GP. Of course their lockdown wasn't very good either because he still had access to inmates/ staff.

The only way you can get anything (if you're lucky) is total isolation. I might not know much but I do know that this type can not EVER be alone. He could count the minutes in his life whenever that happened. His joy in life in controlling and manipulating....can't do that when alone.

Shouldn't be too long before he messes up though.

This decision never would have come down where I worked because staff would have worried to death about a lawsuit if something happened....but then again, that is right up rc's alley.

He isn't fine and dandy. Asking to be put in GP is a whole heck of a lot better than being locked up with only the thoughts in your head.
And I have very little doubt that he is on some medication for anti-depression/anxiety.

I have no doubt in my mind that he is on medication and mainly anti-anxiety pills
They were one of his favorites, I'm sure and the only way he can stop from exploding.

I disagree with he isn't fine and dandy. He had to be that way to get to GP. He must love the meds he's on...his affect has changed and so has his weight. Yep, he is on mood stabilizers and anti-depressents/anti-anxiety meds.

JMO~ but for the first time......... since I have seen him at least(and IMO), Ron looked like he was off of drugs, he seems to be gaining weight, and looks much healthier than he did previously ...... time will only tell if he still has all 32 teeth. :rolleyes:

I don't think he looked all that upset, considering the news, but Shoey said he may not have been with the rest of the family, when he heard. :waitasec:

JMO~ but for the first time......... since I have seen him at least(and IMO), Ron looked like he was off of drugs, he seems to be gaining weight, and looks much healthier than he did previously ...... time will only tell if he still has all 32 teeth. :rolleyes:

I don't think he looked all that upset, considering the news, but Shoey said he may not have been with the rest of the family, when he heard. :waitasec:

Shoey is a wild and crazy guy. You have to take EVERY word he says and tear it apart, analyze, think very hard and try to understand what he meant because it is not what you think you are hearing. He is very slick.

Hmmm, Ron requested this. Poor timing if you ask me. However, maybe he will get his big head attitude and let little beans spill here and there. Hmmm, not good timing at all. Does not look good. Wouldn't he want to be alone to cry, punch walls, lament to God?

Seems to me like No matter what he does he has NEVER had to pay and as long as he is in Putnam County he NEVER will! Lived in towns like that I know how they play,certain people can get away with murder!

don't think if Ron was any kind of suspect he would not be getting out of lockdown and put in general population.\\

LOL, well I suppose on this issue we'll just have to agree to disagree! Time will tell, but my mind regarding Ron hasn't changed a bit. I STILL believe that LE wants Ron to think that is he is not their focus. If he's not talking and it doesn't appear that he is or has in the last year, why not make him wonder WTH is going on. It will keep him on his toes...and I hope he watches his back, I want this to come to a conclusion as much as anyone, but I want it to be in a Court of Law..regardless of who ends up being responsible. <MOO>

I have no doubt in my mind that he is on medication and mainly anti-anxiety pills
They were one of his favorites, I'm sure and the only way he can stop from exploding.

I disagree with he isn't fine and dandy. He had to be that way to get to GP. He must love the meds he's on...his affect has changed and so has his weight. Yep, he is on mood stabilizers and anti-depressents/anti-anxiety meds.

Whisperer, he seemed fine and dandy (except for his drug use imo) within a couple days of HaLeigh disappearing to be honest. So many other things to do with the engagement, marriage and all..and the tattoos to be gotten of course..

Damage Control?:

1. I thought it was interesting that Shoemaker meets with Ron today at the jail.

2. The same day Shoemaker appears on NG, after an absence of weeks to paint a positive story that all is well and Ron is doing o.k. given the situ.

3. However, Shoemaker didn't seem to know if Ron was present with the family when the family was brought together to be informed of the search.

4. However, Shoemaker did know that LE had subsequently met with Ron on Wed. to update him on the status of the search and the investigation.

5. Ron has asked and has been allowed to move into the general population.

Hmmmm. Interesting.

Re BBM. Maybe I'm being dense LOL but why does it matter that Shoemaker didn't know if Ron was present when the families were brought together since Ron was there according to Connie?

Tuesday, Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy brought the families together to update them on the investigation. Connie Sheffield, stepmother to HaLeigh's birth mother, Crystal Sheffield, said Wednesday that about a dozen members of the Sheffield and Cummings families, including Ronald Cummings, were together for the latest updates.

Though the two families have been at odds during the past year, she said they were all in the room together crying. She said it was the first time the families had been called together as a group.

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-04-15/no-results-two-day-search-haleigh

Just putting this out here- What if RC was a plant for LE during this drug sting to get MC, and HC in jail in the hope they would spill their guts. Now don't throw any pies at me, please.

I suppose everything is possible and that's what his family has been hinting at, but IMO it borders on the unethical if that's really what LE did. I just don't see it as a right thing to do to put a missing child's father through something like this that is potentially dangerous to his reputation and his physical and emotional well-being. He's labeled as a drug dealer in people's minds now and he wouldn't want it if he's just a regular guy who's done nothing wrong. If it's revealed some day that he just did it to get Misty and Tommy in jail their suppliers that he was in contact with will label him as a snitch and that could be dangerous for him. And just being in jail for extended periods of time is not pleasant at best and could make people break psychologically at worst.

Think about it, he may just have heard that his daughter is dead and has to cope with it alone in jail, or if he's in GP, with a bunch of nasty or unsteady characters, instead of his supportive family.

Surely they have more cute undercovers to tempt Misty in her life of crime and don't have to take the risk of further ruining the life of someone who is already a victim of having a child missing.

Re BBM. Maybe I'm being dense LOL but why does it matter that Shoemaker didn't know if Ron was present when the families were brought together since Ron was there according to Connie?

Tuesday, Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy brought the families together to update them on the investigation. Connie Sheffield, stepmother to HaLeigh's birth mother, Crystal Sheffield, said Wednesday that about a dozen members of the Sheffield and Cummings families, including Ronald Cummings, were together for the latest updates.

Though the two families have been at odds during the past year, she said they were all in the room together crying. She said it was the first time the families had been called together as a group.

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-04-15/no-results-two-day-search-haleigh

Not to speak for the original poster but what struck me as odd about it was that TS had supposedly met RC and they had conversed enough for him to tell how RC's mental state is, but he doesn't know if RC was there at the LE briefing the family had. It just didn't come up in their conversation? Come on... What could have been more important than that? It's not like RC has a lot of stuff happen to him in jail. He's just been invited to the Sheriff's department with the rest of the family to discuss that PCSO thinks his daughter was a homicide victim and when he meets his lawyer he forgets to mention it?

Makes sense to me he wasn't asked about the meeting. Just as it does that, Ron never asked, Misty about what happen the night, his baby girl came up missing :-/

Not to speak for the original poster but what struck me as odd about it was that TS had supposedly met RC and they had conversed enough for him to tell how RC's mental state is, but he doesn't know if RC was there at the LE briefing the family had. It just didn't come up in their conversation? Come on... What could have been more important than that? It's not like RC has a lot of stuff happen to him in jail. He's just been invited to the Sheriff's department with the rest of the family to discuss that PCSO thinks his daughter was a homicide victim and when he meets his lawyer he forgets to mention it?

I hear what your saying, I thought it was odd but not necessarily nefarious. He said he didn't ask... maybe Ron was more intent on filling Shoemaker in on the information that was conveyed to him about the possible homicide of his daughter than he was about telling who was in the room with him. It could be as simple as he just let Ron talk about what was told to him and it was so emotional the thought to ask never entered Shoemakers mind. Maybe Ron assumed he already knew (since Connie had already told the media Ron was there). Who was in the room, for me, just pales in comparison to the message that must have been being conveyed at the time. Plus on the surface it doesn't seem as if RC is being considered a suspect so the fact that Shoemaker isn't that "keyed in" to what's going on doesn't seem surprising to me either. But that's just my opinion I realize others see it different LOL

Shoemakers interview starts about 2:25
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sierra1947#p/a/u/2/PqvKT9eGT-I.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back