2010.04.17 Shoemaker says Ron and families told to prepare for funeral

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Being I have already put what I really think out there, I am gonna go one step further. I think the only two people on either side of the families that is not privy to what happened to poor Haleigh is probably Hank Sr. and Lisa.

Ya'll I just did my hair.....below the head with the 'maters.

If by families you mean Cummings and Croslins, no 'maters from me. ;) It really wouldn't surprise me...
Of course, at this point, very little would. :crazy:

Being I have already put what I really think out there, I am gonna go one step further. I think the only two people on either side of the families that is not privy to what happened to poor Haleigh is probably Hank Sr. and Lisa.

Ya'll I just did my hair.....below the head with the 'maters.
no maters, gwen. i have a feeling you are right on the money :) jmo

Something that I find interesting...IF RC was told to make funeral arrangements, or even that the case was now a homocide....WHY wouldn't RC demand to be told WHY LE thought that? What was found?,etc... GOD forbid, if I had a loved one missing and police called me in and told me those things...I would want to know what they found, where, what happened to them...all that. Even if LE couldn't or wouldn't tell...its still something that would HAVE to be asked by a "normal" person... (Unless that person already knew what happened). I haven't heard from shoemaker that RC asked any of these things... No mention of it at all...

Something that I find interesting...IF RC was told to make funeral arrangements, or even that the case was now a homocide....WHY wouldn't RC demand to be told WHY LE thought that? What was found?,etc... GOD forbid, if I had a loved one missing and police called me in and told me those things...I would want to know what they found, where, what happened to them...all that. Even if LE couldn't or wouldn't tell...its still something that would HAVE to be asked by a "normal" person... (Unless that person already knew what happened). I haven't heard from shoemaker that RC asked any of these things... No mention of it at all...

Maybe they did tell him, but only as a test to see if he did react with those questions?

On a somewhat related note, is it normal for police to be so secretive about such critical factors with innocent family members?

Either way, I get the distinct impression, especially from Ron's lawyer, that there is an adversarial relationship between him and Ron vs LE.

Thank you, KSH.

Here is Hardy confirming that they did not find any human remains.

Haleigh's new status will also keep the investigation on the path to her killer rather than the person that abducted her, Bowling said.

"You create more effectiveness or direction from your homicide folks, including the homicide unit from the State Attorney's Office," Bowling said.

A three-day search encompassed portions of the St. Johns River off the Shell Harbour boat ramp in Satsuma last week, prompting a flock of national media attention. Several items were pulled from the area and have been sent to labs for individual analysis.

It is unknown whether the items are related to Haleigh's disappearance, however Hardy confirmed that no human remains were found.

Bowling said he does not anticipate another search in the near future. But, he said, if authorities do conduct another search, not much would change.
http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/04/20/news/news01.txt

I haven't read this thread, but it totally makes sense the PCSO would tell them to move on with a funeral/memorial/service since they were telling them they were changing the investigation from missing person to homicide. With a homicide there is normally a service. I don't care how much they want to play word games with funeral vs. memorial. I believe something was said in regard to it given the fact they were saying HaLeigh was dead.

simple answer "He was not told that by PCSO" He came up with this idea on his own.

simple answer "He was not told that by PCSO" He came up with this idea on his own.

This article says the family is planning the funeral...........

Haleigh's family is planning her funeral

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- For 14 months, the family of Haleigh Cummings held onto hope that the little girl would be found alive. But last week, that hope faded when the Putnam County Sheriff announced he doesn't believe the little girl is alive. "They're grieving, their heart is broken," says Ann Dugger, with the Justice Coalition.

Dugger has supported Haleigh's family during the last year, while investigators searched for the little girl. Now she's helping them as they begin to plan Haleigh's funeral.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...nning-her-funeral/ifrrEFT1s0uJk4EigrsitQ.cspx

They had to have found her last week or the week before

:cry:

This article says the family is planning the funeral...........

Haleigh's family is planning her funeral

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- For 14 months, the family of Haleigh Cummings held onto hope that the little girl would be found alive. But last week, that hope faded when the Putnam County Sheriff announced he doesn't believe the little girl is alive. "They're grieving, their heart is broken," says Ann Dugger, with the Justice Coalition.

Dugger has supported Haleigh's family during the last year, while investigators searched for the little girl. Now she's helping them as they begin to plan Haleigh's funeral.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...nning-her-funeral/ifrrEFT1s0uJk4EigrsitQ.cspx

I just hope that Shoemaker's funeral comment didn't start living a life of its own. I mean, people might have caught the phrase from him and run with it assuming he would know as Ronald's lawyer. Wonder if Ms. Duggar is involved with the actual funeral preparations already or if she just said that of course she's going to help in any way she can when the reporter called her and asked her. Are the two sides of the family on the same page here? Presumably Ronald's side might more easily go along with his lawyer's interpretation. Based on this thread it seems to me that the mother's side has a slightly different take on it.

I suppose we'll hear soon if there is going to be a funeral or a memorial service.

If you watch the video with that article the reporter says she learned today Crystal is planning her little girls funeral.

I suspect GGma Sykes better portrays what was said in the meeting than Shoemaker and she doesn't seem to be thinking about a funeral in the article posted here:

2010.04.16 - Annette Sykes(Great Grandmother) believes Haleigh is alive. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Tells me LE didn't tell the family anything about finding a body or remains, or planning a funeral, only that LE now considers it a homicide instead of a missing person. A change in the investigation approach and terminology. I don't fault GGma Sykes for expressing her thoughts on this, one has to have hope, and before giving up, proof. I don't get the feel she got any sort of proof during that meeting.

They had to have found her last week or the week before

That's what I am thinking too, GS. Like NG said on her show-"you can't have a funeral with cement blocks in the casket".

I think they found her-maybe just bones-but they found her. jmo though

If you watch the video with that article the reporter says she learned today Crystal is planning her little girls funeral.

BBM...

Thanks Doc, I had not watched the video......Poor Crystal, how heartbreaking for her.

I think I do not wanna know exactly what they found that would prove she is deceased. If it's not a "body" or "bones" in the plural form I'll just take their word and move on...

I think I do not wanna know exactly what they found that would prove she is deceased. If it's not a "body" or "bones" in the plural form I'll just take their word and move on...

I wont take there word if the are taking the word of ToC MC or JO nope I want the truth and so far they can't tell the truth.:banghead:

I suspect GGma Sykes better portrays what was said in the meeting than Shoemaker and she doesn't seem to be thinking about a funeral in the article posted here:

2010.04.16 - Annette Sykes(Great Grandmother) believes Haleigh is alive. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Tells me LE didn't tell the family anything about finding a body or remains, or planning a funeral, only that LE now considers it a homicide instead of a missing person. A change in the investigation approach and terminology. I don't fault GGma Sykes for expressing her thoughts on this, one has to have hope, and before giving up, proof. I don't get the feel she got any sort of proof during that meeting.

Maybe she didn't "get proof"...because she knows already and she's spinning.

.....and I find it interesting that GGM wants LE to prove it is a homicide. Not just that Haleigh's dead, but that it was a homicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141
Back