2010.04.17 Shoemaker says Ron and families told to prepare for funeral

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't make out why that statement was made the way it was..body/no body..no clue.
However, the statement does signify to me that this case is coming to an end. We'll know what that statement means soon enough.

Just to add to the hinky, hinky, Ron has stated several times that while LE was interviewing Misty that night he knew she was lying. So, um, duh, why didn't he say something that night? This case has been confusing for so long everyone involved who knew relevant information should be so ashamed of themselves. Haleigh was an innocent little girl who loved her brother. (IMO)

BBM: Seems that Ron was frequently "testing" Misty's lying abilities, i.e. the headless rat in the mailbox. Ron wanted to make sure that Misty would be able to keep quiet and/or lie about something that is very significant in this case. jmo

Is it possible all players “suspected” it was Cousin Joe all along, but no one would provide solid leads/info/evidence or admit to being a witness ... until Tommy was forced to do so? (Was Tommy forced to by Misty's letter? And at Lindsey's urging?)

We would not necessarily know if Ron told LE to check out Joe. Ron may have put Joe on the list for LE, and LE has just kept their best info under wraps trying to get the person they believe is "KEY" to provide the info regarding Joe. LE has always said they know most of what happened and needed just a little bit more information, and they believed Misty had that information. LE never came out and “cleared” Ron. (But we know they don’t always do that. e.g. LE also never came out and “cleared” Somer T’s family members either. They have their reasons for needing that level of investigation privacy.)

What’s troubling is that there is likely another reason that the players who knew something relative to Cousin Joe were not 100% forthcoming with what they knew.
Joe or no Joe, it seems certain there’s been a cover-up going on, If Joe was solely responsible, then … would we have had this cover-up?

Who killed Haleigh? Why? Who knew & covered it up & why?

LE confident we can call Haleigh's death a homicide. Family notified, told they should make funeral arrangements. GGMA in denial. Joe’s interviewed, lawyered-up, not yet named. Misty knows she’s “in trouble” (per LE). Tommy’s the recent river-search tipster? Surely, LE will require (or already has) a satisfactory explanation regarding Ron’s phone activity while he was at work that evening.

Maybe this should be a new thread but do most of you think charges will be filed this week?

I don't think LE found the remains or told the family they did, anyway. On the mother's My Space she says she wants proof Haleigh is gone not just the word of liars. I don't have the link to her MS page. It was linked on another thread.

Here is the thing..if Ron is not surprised and he claims he said it on the 911 tapes. Then why did he denied the fight with Joe?
Why did he say over and over again, if he knew who did this he would of had his daughter back and he would of shot them.

I did not see Ron going to TN to shoot Joe. Nor did I ever hear him say, hey I know who did this and LE will not follow the lead. I need my daughter found and if LE dose not pick up Joe I will take the law in my own hands. Is that not what people do when LE ignores or gives up on their love one? The go on a media frenzy until responds.

He did say in his 911 call that if he found the person who did it before LE he would kill them. But he did nothing..except for marry Misty, get a tattoo, stop working, and started selling drugs. The complete opposite of what he claimed he would.

If Ron even vaguely suspected Joe, Why would he try to accuse Chrystal, Haleigh's mother of this?
What self respecting, decent, God loving person would point to the mother, if they suspected someone else? This would take a different breed of person than anyone I have ever came into contact with. This has me flaming mad.

Would LE even tell Ron to plan a funeral if they suspect his involvement or that he is a perpetrator?

This tells me they do not suspect him.

We are swaying way OT here. Let's talk about this news that Ron was given and the associated questions we may have about the statement made by Mr. Shoemaker and take the theories to the proper threads. Thanks for your help.

Would LE even tell Ron to plan a funeral if they suspect his involvement or that he is a perpetrator?

it could also be a "we are on to you" sort of statement... Perhaps everyone is talking but him. It also can just be related to the fact that they now believe she is dead and are working a homicide investigation.

Hard to know either way...

It appears no one has confessed or been arrested. Wouldn't they have to have found something, some evidence, some remains, to call the family in and say they believe she's dead, and to plan a funeral?

What we don't exactly know at this time is what investigators developed "a few weeks ago" (per the presser) to indicate that they were now looking for a deceased child. If we knew that... I think the rest of the pieces would fall into place.

Since the subject is RC's lawyer said RC said - maybe that was what the lawyer interpreted by LE saying they felt she was dead. Maybe, that was RC's take on what was said...Maybe LE really did say that? We just don't know yet. I can only imagine how difficult it will be for the funeral directors to deal with all of these different people. Sometimes it is difficult in ordinary deaths. Since it has been so long, I would hope charges for her death would happen right away - then the plans for little Haleigh can go ahead.

I can't help but think that with LE's open-ended (partial information) statements, that it all may be on purpose to have the actual 'killers' scrambling in their minds, as to whether they know what really happened or not! (Just like we are here at WS!)

Hopefully LE has a pretty good idea of the scenario that took place that night, (or day!)
JMO

Praying for the family of Haleigh (the one's who really cared for her!)

What we don't exactly know at this time is what investigators developed "a few weeks ago" (per the presser) to indicate that they were now looking for a deceased child. If we knew that... I think the rest of the pieces would fall into place.
Brings me to the Dunn? bridge search a few weeks ago.
Why did they look there and what did they find?

Regarding Shoemaker's allegations that Ron mentioned Joe in the 911--enter Geraldo.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,498153,00.html

RIVERA, HOST "GERALDO AT LARGE": Chad and Marcus told me that during the vigil, you told them you were 75 percent sure who took Haleigh.

CUMMINGS: There is no way — I do not know who took Haleigh. If I had — if I had, uh, five percent of where Haleigh was at, I would be there now and not here.

RIVERA: Did you tell them that, though? Maybe you weren’t — maybe you were just [OVERLAP] were just — are they lying?

CUMMINGS: Yes, they’re absolutely lying. No, for no reason have I ever told anybody that I have any clue where my child is at. If I had any clue where my child — you know, national TV, they’re a bunch of liars. Chad and whoever told you this are a bunch of liars. I never even spoke with them.

What changed from his knowing, per his attorney, on the 911 call and this interview within a couple weeks?

So in the last fourteen months, he never insisted or helped figure out that JO did this? He never pressed misty to reveal what she knew and never took her in to the station when LE said she knows and has information. He and misty did not assist le for six months. When she failed polys he said that is not proof, because he(rc) is not a polygrapher and can't judge her.

RC is just as kookoo for cocoa flakes as the Croslins..

Yes, he will be able to attend. The State used to charge the inmate for all costs which were so high, they never attended. A car, two security guards, per diem expenses, etc can add up quickly to thousands of dollars....

Of course with rc, he is not convicted, so I am betting, the cost will be on the state.

I don't think they will let RC out for a funeral. He has stated many times that he will kill whoever was responsible no matter what the consequences to himself. That makes him a danger to society. Can you imagine what might happen with a guy who has sworn revenge, at a funeral and all worked up emotionally, probably his last taste of freedom for 25+ years anyway & then he sees someone he thinks has some involvement? He's a walking time bomb.

Thank you for posting that from Geraldo...Ron has been lying since the beginning and if you have been following this case from the very beginning, day one, you will understand why people feel the way they do about Ron. Some people (including myself) seen right through him from the start. If he was not a guilty party in this case why does HE have so many discrepancies?? LE stated that Misty was NOT the only one with inconsistencies. So now wouldn't be safe to assume that RON was another one with inconsistencies?? I wonder why????

I don't know about anyone else but using "Haleigh" and "funeral" together makes me so sad and angry. All these months many of us thought she was deceased but the word "funeral" is just so final.

I find it curious that the family was told to prepare for a funeral service vs. a memorial service...

IMO - They do not believe that Ron, TN, Crystal or GGS is involved! They have not been brought in over & over & over to tell what they know like someone else has for the past 14 months. It's just like LE has said repeatedly "Misty holds the key to what happened to Haleigh".

Ron is not involved in Haleigh's disappearace & LE knows this, otherwise they wouldn't be giving him information as to what is going on in the investigation. They wouldn't have pulled him out of jail to give him the sad news to prepare for Haleigh's funeral! They certainly didn't pull Misty down there to inform her.....no, they had her at the docks to show her how serious the situation is & to start talking more!

Yes, Ron has done some seriously wrong things & will be held accountable for the drug charges & will do the time but he is also the father of a missing child who is now presumed dead.

Just my opinion only!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back