2010.04.30 Casey Anthony: Friday hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very impressed with Judge Perry today, he is sure putting this on a fast track. Loved too that he said they if sequestered they would be working five and a half days a week.

JB has quoted many times that he has proof that his client is innocent so why does he need to dispute all the evidence when all he should have to do since he HAS this proof is simply SHOW IT!!! No need to spend the time or money to dispute the evidence right.

Talk about an ethics breech if he would let his client rot in jail for over two years just so he could present his "proof" of her innocence & at trial a be the hero. Is he kidding? If he had solid proof, everyone would have seen it by now.

I just wanted to pipe up on the Oakridge thing.
IMO I don't think it will matter if it's allowed at trial. There is so much more that points to KC as the murderer. However it would be great to see how they do what they do and new technology has to start somewhere.

My opinion is this: if it's allowed, great. If not, the jury gets to go on a field trip to smell the trunk of the car themselves. Baez should be more worried about that than protesting the air samples. The Jury's own noses can't be disputed and they will know exactly what was decomposing in that trunk, and it won't be pizza.

Brad Conway on now...

I hate that he always states, they are unable to see their daughter..Nonsense, they can see her they just don't want to be heard talking to her...they can go see her and just stare if they want..not say one word. They can say I LOVE YOU over and over again.

The Anthony's want to know the truth???? Unfortunately they have to wait for trial????

did anyone notice that Cindy looks like she is texting when she first sat down in the court room ?? Doe's anyone think that perhaps that message went to Baez's phone ??

If that is so then I hope someone brings this tape to the attention of JBP.

moo

IMO I don't think it will matter if it's allowed at trial. There is so much more that points to KC as the murderer. However it would be great to see how they do what they do and new technology has to start somewhere.

I thought I read that J. Ashton was one of the first to use DNA evidence in a Florida courtroom.... Anyone recall that? So he has successfully brought in innovative technology before.

ETA: I found the case I was thinking of:

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/02/07/nyregion/dna-fingerprinting-tests-becoming-a-factor-in-courts.html

Conway-- the A's are happy with Judge Perry. They were happy with Judge Strickland too.
No animosity between sides, Judge will hold both sides to the schedule

Conway says KC sent msg to her parents thru her lawyer that she loves and misses them

LOL at BC saying Casey and GA, CA relationship is normal - with the normal rifts any parent/child relationship would have. Sorry, I beg to differ!

When new crime tech starts before the court, it starts as a technique that is backfilling or corraborating other evidence. So the air samples themselves would not be enough to convict, or be a primary source of evidence. But they can be used to verify and corraborate known accepted science and testimony. Such as the cadaver dog hits, the expert testimony of the initial LE investigators, who recorded their findings weeks before the tests, GA and CA and their excited utterances and independnt observations etc.

So while you cannot proclaim that the air samples prove there was a dead body in the car, you can use them to say that the findings of the new test were consistant with the statements to the smell made by CA, GA and the detective, and were expremely consistant with the observed responces of the certified "cadaver dogs".

aksleuth, I've already started pondering this...probably could use a separate thread...maybe Brevard County?? Moore Justice Center in Viera...looks big enough....

18th Judicial Circuit Courts serves Brevard County and Seminole County ..
Viera(Melbourne) is the main courthouse and Sanford has the Criminal Justice Center.
Both are large.

Conway---A's have normal parent/child relationship

I did notice that only CA waved and mouthed "i love you" to KC, while GA just looked at her. In the past he too has made gestures and mouthed "i love you". But not now.

I don't blame GA. Not after what KC wrote in those jail house letters to "cookie".

moo

Didnt JB state in court today that he was still waiting on some latent fingerprint results. If so, this tells me he must be worried about them having found some prints of KC. If his client is so innocent as he states, why would he be so worried about fingerprint results.

Also, did anyone notice if KC acknowledged Cindy when she told her she loves her?

welcome2.gif

NEW MEMBERS!!

BC says that GA and CA will be called to testify and that it will be hard between what they "want to say" and what "happened"....but that they will tell the truth.

Who is the lady sitting next to CA? TIA.

OMG! DO C&G want to testify? and it's a conflict about "what they want to say and the truth"! WHAT the heck kind of a quote is THAT from their lawyer? :banghead:

WHAT???? He'll just sit back saying, "Naaa, we're done. They don't know what they're talking about".???? This guy is nuts.

BBM. Followed by fingers wagging in ears, tongue out and "Nanny nanny boo boo! Stick your head in doo doo! I know you are but what am I?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonfire