2010.05.11 - Casey Anthony Death Penalty Motions Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
too hard to translate, this hearing is a must watch.

OMG! She said the blogs said she (AL) & Casey both should die!

AL: They don't say she's a *advertiser censored* and she should die; well, in blogs they do and they say I should die with her.
:floorlaugh:

Judge P, please ask AL to get on with the Motions before the Court and not a lot of hot air.

I don't see what the point of her speech? What am I missing?

Someone tell me please...what exactly did she offer for the defense that is going to help them? This was a stupid move by AL in my opinion and a waste of the courts time, not to mention it was a low blow to the SA since they had no time to prepare for her testimony. But I gotta give JA props...he was brilliant!

Not to mention a waste of tax payers money to fly her in

AL said they have no idea what aggravating circumstances are in this case. Sounds to me like we were dead on with her just trying to remove the dp. She is speaking as if KC is guilty. Way to lawyer!

So wrapping a body in duct tape and dumping on the side of the road is not considered "horrendous" or may possibly be an accident? Holy Moses, I am going insane. I am physically screaming at my computer!
This deserves a repeat.

Nothing came of that. Who was she and why was she there? Wasting the Court's time. (Still.)

Elizabeth Rappaport - law professor from University of New Mexico.

Was supposed to help the defense in re. their Motion to remove the DP per gender bias.

Major bomb, IMO.

Oh, and AL pulled a fast one. Did NOT notice the SA that she would be a witness. HHJP allowed her to testify ONLY because she had traveled from NM.

typical AL strategy...

Did AL just say the bloggers should die with KC? :rolling: Maybe I misunderstood...I cannot believe AL has the nerve to say this stuff about sexism, after what she had to say about female prosecutors.

I'm also not sure why AL alluded to an accident....didn't Zenaida take Caylee and give her to Roy?

AL: Gender bias is now "coded" people no longer say out loud "she's a *advertiser censored* and she should die" but they don't say that here in court anymore (on some blogs they suggest this)

But underneath, that is still going on, sexist attitudes still exist. We are not post-sexist or post-racist

Fact that every single second of this young woman's life has been examined/excoriated is a part of this prosecution

Understand this is a unique motion. Asking your honor to look at traditional gender roles and gossip/innuendo is driving this case and driving decision to ask for dp

My sound is bad: what did KC just shaker her head 'no' to?

That was when AL was saying that there was no kind of torture, abuse, neglect, etc. of a child in this case, Casey was agreeing with her. Then AL went on to say the murder wasn't even particularly upsetting. or somethign like that.:banghead:

Okay. Just so I am clear here... the crux of ALs argument is that KC should not be prosecuted because she's a woman? ESPECIALLY since she wore short skirts???

Geesh, who cares about blogs etc... Get on with an actual hearing, get to trial, and get over it.

AL saying that sexist attitudes do exist and there is an undercurrent of these attitudes in this case, that the way every aspect of her life has been a feature of this prosecution show this, this kind of hearsay and opinion is all over this case, and is even driving this case and is driving the decision to ask for the death penalty.

AL: Casey Anthony, if I may draw a literary analogy, this is very much like Camus' "The Stranger" in which a man is convicted of the murder of his mother because he didn't act normal following her death although he was innocent

"doesn't' act right...that's her defense "ugly coping" again. Geez!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver