2010.05.11 - Casey Anthony Death Penalty Motions Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that this business of the defense trying to get a copy of George's GJ testimony is causing him some grief? combined with the new judge and the defense losing more motions ? .... Just seems strange that Conway wasn't there either ... some speculated that the SA may have called him as a witness at today's hearing ... but I really can't fathom why or for what they would need him ... any thoughts?
George had on a uniform shirt at yesterday's hearing.If he has a new job he probably has to work.

:waitasec: Someone mentioned a sex toy? :iamashamed0005: Why?!

Is there some missing pictures we don't know about, how and why did that come about? Anyone? Buller!

Thanks in advance!

:waitasec: Someone mentioned a sex toy? :iamashamed0005: Why?!

Is there some missing pictures we don't know about, how and why did that come about? Anyone? Buller!

Thanks in advance!

It was just a reference AL made to inappropriate and sexist interest in a female's sexual life or interests as they would relate to a crime. It is something that occurs frequently and is often absurd.

A dear friend of mine was asked horrific personal questions about her sex life during a situation in which she was suing two doctors for malpractice. She was dying of cancer, had never committed a crime, but they were trying to impeach her testimony by somehow finding how often she had sex with her husband relevant. It's a sleazy, sexist but well-known tactic that has no place in the system.

However, I cannot imagine why Ms. Lyon was so personally struck by the specific example that she used it more than once in her argument. And please don't ask me to. The visual is bad enough without further extrapolation.

However, I cannot imagine why Ms. Lyon was so personally struck by the specific example that she used it more than once in her argument. And please don't ask me to. The visual is bad enough without further extrapolation.

Snipped with thanks.

LOL Cecybeans - see above. You said what I didn't want to say and yes you brought the technicolor visuals with you, thanks so much!!!

I love that JP is really getting the ball rolling again, putting in deadlines, clarifying everything, and taking no nonsense.

Defence was woeful as usual, but I really expected more from them for this hearing. Why are they always so ill-prepared? When will they get it? There's a whole team of them FGS!

And shock- horror- I'm finally warming up to JA. He did a fabulous job. (never thought I'd say that!)

I think I've figured out the def strategy.I don't think they are going with a SODDI def. Their 'expert witness' is testifying about mothers who kill.
She also stated that white middle class women are under more scrutiny by media and public when accused of killing their child/ren.

They want the jury to be mixed race, (fits well with ICA's previous beaus) and judging by JB's post-hearing interview, he wants mothers on the jury.

Mothers of mixed race who aren't scrutinized as much, who therefore won't scrutinize ICA so much???

I don't think they are going for the pollyanna look- I think by the time trial comes round she will look even more gaunt and 'rough' around the edges.
(she's borderline anorexic now, and pale as heck- did they put some talc on her face and lips? And the dark eyes!)

They want to show the perp as someone who is 'falling apart' physically and emotionally which they think will show a jury that she is a broken woman. Which is another reason they want the pics thrown out. She looks too 'white middle class' in those pics. They want the jury to only see a broken, poor (she can't afford to pay for her on defense now remember), young woman who was a single mom with an overbearing mother.

Explains why they keep playing the race card, the gender card, and the white mothers who kill their children are a minority card.

If this post comes across as racist and sexist, dont blame me (that's not MY mindset)- it's the defense throwing it all out there.

If it's true that the county they are requesting is full of minorities- they are going to play on that to the best of their ability. Her mother hated hispanics- ICA loved them. That will play on their unconscious emotions, favourably IMO.

ALL JMO, and subject to change.

I love that JP is really getting the ball rolling again, putting in deadlines, clarifying everything, and taking no nonsense.

Defence was woeful as usual, but I really expected more from them for this hearing. Why are they always so ill-prepared? When will they get it? There's a whole team of them FGS!

And shock- horror- I'm finally warming up to JA. He did a fabulous job. (never thought I'd say that!)

I think I've figured out the def strategy.I don't think they are going with a SODDI def. Their 'expert witness' is testifying about mothers who kill.
She also stated that white middle class women are under more scrutiny by media and public when accused of killing their child/ren.

They want the jury to be mixed race, (fits well with ICA's previous beaus) and judging by JB's post-hearing interview, he wants mothers on the jury.

Mothers of mixed race who aren't scrutinized as much, who therefore won't scrutinize ICA so much???

I don't think they are going for the pollyanna look- I think by the time trial comes round she will look even more gaunt and 'rough' around the edges.
(she's borderline anorexic now, and pale as heck- did they put some talc on her face and lips? And the dark eyes!)

They want to show the perp as someone who is 'falling apart' physically and emotionally which they think will show a jury that she is a broken woman. Which is another reason they want the pics thrown out. She looks too 'white middle class' in those pics. They want the jury to only see a broken, poor (she can't afford to pay for her on defense now remember), young woman who was a single mom with an overbearing mother.

Explains why they keep playing the race card, the gender card, and the white mothers who kill their children are a minority card.

If this post comes across as racist and sexist, dont blame me (that's not MY mindset)- it's the defense throwing it all out there.

If it's true that the county they are requesting is full of minorities- they are going to play on that to the best of their ability. Her mother hated hispanics- ICA loved them. That will play on their unconscious emotions, favourably IMO.

ALL JMO, and subject to change.

It's all about image. We are supposed to believe she has had an epiphany, and is really a grieving mother greeting her own bereaved mother with a (faux) Happy Mother's Day....I love you.....
After refusing to acknowledge her parents for over a year it is hard to give that little scene any credibility.

BBM

I was there. He had a keyboard attached to his iPad. He had open a word program, looked like "notepad" of sorts. I don't have an iPad so I'm not familiar, but it was a word-processing program meant to look like notebook paper. He'd type something, KC would look at it, and nod. At one point he typed something, KC read it, and then had to cover her giggles. Apparently while AL took the defense by the reigns today, JB used his time wisely to make one lousy objection and flirt electronically with "his girl". JMO.

I wish I had some sort of zoom lens so I could have read what he was saying, it was driving me nuts. I also want one of those "super sonic" hearing devices so I can hear the sidebar. ;) hehe.

We will start a Zoom Lens fund for you. I bet it was something he would NOT want seen by the public! :dance: Can't you get closer next time?

I could be confusing hearing as well. I attended today's hearing and the one on the 6th, and GA and CA were there on the 6th, and Cindy alone was there today.

No worries, it's not a big deal. But, it was driving me crazy so I had to go back and look.The budget hearing was last week on Thursday May 6th and neither George nor Cindy attended. It was discussed all throughout the thread but here is one example [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5155434&postcount=986"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2010.05.06 Budget Hearing[/ame]

BTW, I love your first-hand descriptions of the hearings and all the players. You have a great way with words and making me feel the emotions of actually being there. So thank you! :blowkiss:

It's all about image. We are supposed to believe she has had an epiphany, and is really a grieving mother greeting her own bereaved mother with a (faux) Happy Mother's Day....I love you.....
After refusing to acknowledge her parents for over a year it is hard to give that little scene any credibility.

It's not about what we are expected to believe- that's whole reason for asking for change of venue. We know what and who she really is, but they are looking for jurors who have never seen her as we have.

They want the pics thrown out so that the jurors don't see the white middle class girl who had it all and threw it away, along with her daughter.

Also, regarding change of venue, how funny is it that JB stated that when he was in a specific county only one potential juror recognized HIM.
LOL- He knows he's made a right fool of himself to the people who have followed the case. He wants to find jurors who haven't seen how woefully inept he is. HILARIOUS!

If anyone attended the hearing today in person, what was JB doing typing away at on a keyboard on the defense table? Anyone know?

~Respectfully snipped by me~

I noticed that too. It looked like he was typing whatever was on the sheet of paper in front of ICA. But doing it in bits and pieces so as not to be too obvious.

Note to JB and Co: we are ALWAYS watching.

A letter from ICA to CA/GA maybe?

I just had to wonder why on earth AL was so stuck on the sex toy thing today..so freaking strange.

My guess.. Its because it has to do with "photos" we have not yet seen..
Must be some pics with sex toys. imo

Also, the Professor testifying in court today for AL was a joke. She said she didn't know that much about the case, only read one or two things.. She sure knew about the blue dress, and even stated something along the lines of.. A mother going out one time to bar doesn't make her a bad mother etc...So she knew about fusion, she knew about the blue dress, she knew about CAsey being sexual, and or having sexual photos taken. She changed her opinion according to how she thought it would help the story for the defendant.She surely knew more about the case then what she said on that stand today, that's for sure!

I was waiting for her to say: Muffin shouldn't be held accountable just because she was partying in a short blue dress and boots that she bought with her mothers credit card from JC Penny's while her daughter was missing.

I tend to agree, it really sounds like the start of a lot more defense motions whining about not having the specifics they want ... :boohoo:

Baez said that there are 11 more death penalty motions and that he will be filing more motions this week that can be seen right away. Why would there be 11 more death penalty motions? What more could they want to know or to do or not to do? The judge has already said it is not going to be taken off the table. I hope that in time the judge gets sick of the defense and their filing motions every time they turn around and most of them are just bs.

I think GA is still in a fragile state and maybe he isn't ready to handle hearing about his daughter possibly getting the DP.

I think Casey is playing GA now.. Using CA to get to GA now. Talking to her but ignoring her dad, and I don't think he can handle that, I think this is what this family does, plays one another, and someone always gets hurt. Now it GA's turn.
CA doesn't care because she is getting the positive attention and feed back from Casey at the moment, but when Casey stops giving Cindy the attention, and then gives it to GA Cindy will be hurt and upset etc.. I think this is what Casey has always done, and they have let it become almost a competition between them..
Neither parent caring what she is doing to the other one, as long as they are getting the attention and false love at the moment.
Poor Caylee~

Most everyone on this board offers something knowledgeable, so please stop insulting the audience.

It isn't appreciated nor is it necessary to continually put others down.

Many of us have vast legal and criminal education and experience, others have medical backgrounds, forensics and other forms of Scientific expertise, and for those who do not, they offer the most valued and treasured gift of pure logic coming from caring hearts.

This really isn't our first rodeo.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thank you!
~From the PROUD WIFE of a State Prosecutor who CHOOSES to work for
1/20th the income as most of the defense lawyers he faces in the courtroom.
He believes in advocating for the victim......bottom line! I myself happen to be a teacher (M.Ed.) but have been privy to enough trials to know a thing or two about those "rodeos" as well. :) IMO, Websleuthers are among the most intelligent, analytical, logical and experienced persons I have ever had the pleasure of "knowing". Integrity matters.

It hasn't been filed yet....I was projecting.
Lanie posted that the defense probably won't be satisfied with just a list of aggravating factors from the State and that they most likely will want reasons, and explanations, thus the projected motion(s).
Sorry for the confusion

I really hope that the judge won't go along with the Pros having to tell reasons and explanations. All they need to know is which aggravating factor is going to be used. Don't they have sense enough to know that one will be...a child under 12 yrs.

BBM. I see what you're saying there and it makes perfect sense.

I was telling some other attendees that the other night I had a dream (here in my last couple months of pregnancy I've been having some crazily vivid dreams) where I got to court early and KC was there early, and I tapped her on the back to pass her some powder and some blush. She is definitely looking gaunt.

At first, I thought all the reports on her weight were getting to her and maybe she really was bulimic..today I took note that her wrists are very tiny. I'm the same height as KC, and am not big by any means, but definitely have some meat on my arms in comparison to her. She looked, fragile. We all know they have showers in the jail, as she's come to court in the past with washed hair that was down and looked pretty. Perhaps your theory is correct and this is why her hair always looks so greasy. Going for the pity-party. I don't think it's going to work in a juror's opinion, because the pictures will show what was happening at the time of Caylee's demise. What she's done since being in jail is not the same as what she did prior, iMO.

Just wanted to make a comment about her hair and showers.
Since I work at a jail I have learned that inmates, especially female inmates don't always wait to wash their hair when they can take a shower. Showers are not always available to them every day. What they begin to do is wash their hair in the toilet. I have seen it done with my own eyes many times.

If she is washing her hair in the toilet I have to admit, it gives me just a little smile.

VB

Yes, I think it's all become very real to her - the near and imminent danger she is facing.

When is the next hearing or can someone tell me where the hearing list is posted?

I've been posting all hearing dates/times on the Caylee Calendar. Resource forum.

It's sad, isn't it? KC's defense knows she's going down, so as a last resort, they keep gut punching the prosecution. The allegations keep getting more and more ridiculous. You know your client is going to hell in a hand-basket when the only possible theory you can throw out there is an insane conspiracy theory about how the entire OCSO is mass-conspiring to bankrupt and kill an innocent young woman just for the fun of it - oh wait, because she's a woman. Wonder how all of the female LE officers involved feel about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum