Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AL:
Can you tell us what the professional focus of your research has been?

ER: I've researched the question of gender and capital punishment for the past 20 years. I started with the premise that women might be treated with leniency in terms of capital punishment. (I am totally paraphrasing here, not direct quotes).... I have written articles on mothers who have been charged with murders.

AL: What are some of the sources you use in your scholarly work?

ER: Both court documents and media sources to study how cases were covered in the media.

AL: How many hours do you spend working on these cases.

ER: Many many hours, it's very time consuming work, could certainly take many months to produce an article.

AL: Have you ever testified before in court?

ER: No this is the first time.

AL: In your research what have you discovered about media attention given to cases of child homicide in which the suspect is a parent or guardian?

JA objects, says this professional's opinion on this political subject is irrelevant to this case

objection overruled

JA: her testimony would only be admissible if evidence is being offered and she is the expert witness on that evidence, this is just a professional being given free reign to lecture about generalities

Judge P: I'm going to accept the witness as an expert witness and hopefully the defense will get to the specifics, objection overruled you may proceed

ER: when the accused is a mother the press coverage is far more intensive than in other cases

AL: why in your opinion do these cases receive so much attention?

ER: In my opininion there is a great deal of interest and titillation in the press regarding the subject of mothers who are accused, and the conduct of these women which extends beyond their mothering

Wow, JPerryJr. is slamming the prosectution today..

but in saying this, this expert Elizabeth Rapaport is conceding that Inmate Anthony did indeed kill Caylee...this is how I take what she's starting to state...

there is no jury present. JP will allow them to say whatever and he will deny them at the end. At least this way they had their say.

This is going to drive me buggy....

interest in mom killing is overwhelming

OF COURSE it is ....

a mother isn't supposed to kill....a mother is supposed to give life

Come on JP throw us a bone. Ashton is getting overruled over an over again!!!

omg, bringing up the Darlie case, another mother who killed in my opinion

I wonder if GA is not there because the defense is going to bring up the abuse of KC.

JA again objects and is overruled

ER: For example, a case in Texas, the press was enormously interested in how short the accused mother's skirts were, in the subject of whether she had a tattoo or piercing, the subject of her having seen male strippers with her female friends, and many subjects unrelated to her care of her sons or her disposition toward her sons

I do love that this witness keeps saying "mothers that kill their children" Every time KC's face gets stiff. Love it.

now about short skirts, tatoos, partying and character is held against women

AL: Why do these cases receive so much attention?

ER: Great deal of interest in the conduct of these women (who have killed their children)--this interest is overwhelming

AL: Examples?

ER: May I refer to other cases?

Ashton--objects

Objection overruled

Texas case Darly Routier, the press was enormously interested (media) in how short her skirt was, tattoos, est. Issues that weren't related at all to her sons, how she killed her sons, more interested in her conduct quite apart from whether she killed her children

Lyon: How many hours does it take to write an article

Prof: Many hours...hard to say

Ashton objects to her being questioned as an 'expert'

Lyon forgot to have her declared an expert

Ashton still objects. Perry accepts witness as expert :eek: Perry overrules, says he will give some latitude

Prof says when accused is a white middle class mother, press coverage is far more.

Lyon asks why in her opinion do they receive so much attention?

Prof says their is a great deal of interest and anxiety in public and press on subject of mothers and conduct with respect to their children being killed by them. People want to know about their mothering and their lives and this interest is overwhelming compared to others who have killed children (i think this paraphrase is accurate)

Ashton objecting and overruled. Perry gives latitude to Lyon.

Prof discussing Routier in Texas she studied. Media discussed routier's skirt's and conduct and lyon says scantily clad would fit this description?

this is obviously Supreme court stuff for the capital punishment. JP is allowing them a platform. Will have no bearing in this case at the end

Come on JP throw us a bone. Ashton is getting overruled over an over again!!!

I think he expects to be overruled. HHJP has stated he is going to give the Defense some latitude. JA wants everything on the record and if he gets lucky, HHJP might throw him a bone.

Like just now. :)

Men can be scantily clad as well, they just rarely do it in a mixed-company night club. But why does that matter anyway? Didn't JP imply yesterday that KC's attire should not be the sole reason for using the pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89