2010.06.03 Misty and Tommy's court appearance

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So now Misty's trial will be after Ronald's. Looks like Shoey's strategy didn't work for him. jmo

@Chablis: Looks like we both had the same thought ;)

Great! Does this mean Misty has to cough up some info before Aug 16th, or there are no bargains on the table?

Doesn't look like Tommy got any bargains for pleading no-contest just like Hope, Misty doesn't have anything to bargain with....

Doesn't look like Tommy got any bargains for pleading no-contest just like Hope, Misty doesn't have anything to bargain with....

Misty has the most to bargain with! She knows what happened to Haleigh, and possibly knows where her body is.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...ssing-haleigh-cummings-case-pleads-no-contest

That is a strange way to word that- why is the 44 months specified?

Why not just say "he faces a minimum of three years in prison, or the judge could sentence him to as much as 30 years"?

Because he could get 3 years from time of sentencing, rather than get credit for time already served, which would then be 44 months total time incarcerated (from time of arrest to sentencing will be 7 months, add 3 years, equals 44 months).

So now Misty's trial will be after Ronald's. Looks like Shoey's strategy didn't work for him. jmo

@Chablis: Looks like we both had the same thought ;)

I think that Shoey jumped the gun, (pardon the expression), on this one. Don't forget that Misty has to show up in St John's County yet so it could be that they are wanting to get that one out of the way first.

I still haven't seen anything official stating that the state is working a plea with Ronald and I really don't see what Ronald has that would be worth a plea deal to the state.

Ron can still testify against anyone after his drug trial. I wonder if they can change his sentence, if it's minimum mandatory, after they sentence him and he cooperates? I wonder if, perhaps, that's the best way to take care of such things, legally (and from LE/Prosecution point of view) - that they follow through on Ron's drug case & sentencing. Then his sentence is adjusted after-the-fact.

Tommy took the plea, so it may have been his best position after all to bet on the minimum mandatory. He could also testify after-the-fact. In tapes with Lindsy, when she and Tommy talk about his 3 years, she calculates time served, and comes up with 2 years 3 months (or something like that). And he always says "we'll see, we'll see." Perhaps he means it. Perhaps his testimony after-sentencing would have an affect on his sentence as well?

I am purely speculating here - regarding sentence reductiosn - and just mulling possibilities. I've not really seen away around these minimum mandatory charges for drug laws. It rather takes the bite out of them if there's ways around them. (I wonder how long these new minimum-mandatories have been in effect - and if anyone else has had their sentence reduced after-the-fact?)

At the end of the day, I have to also wonder if Donna Brock will serve the longest sentence of all, being the oldest (vs. Misty's young age), her crime falls across state lines, she brought the most drugs into the deal for sale, and she has no information to barter with before OR after-the-fact.

*shakes head*

Because he could get 3 years from time of sentencing, rather than get credit for time already served, which would then be 44 months total time incarcerated (from time of arrest to sentencing will be 7 months, add 3 years, equals 44 months).

But......if they combined all his charges (B&E's, possession) won't that be added in? I heard his attorney had them all combined. I can't see him only be sentenced for trafficking.

I think Fields outfoxed Shoemaker this am..Misty now goes to trial after Ron...no deal.

The Croslins' parents - Lisa and Hank Sr. - attended the hearings Thursday morning. Lisa Croslin said her heart jumped when she saw her daughter. It was the first time in months she had seen her.

"Misty is getting fat and Tommy is losing weight," she said.

Hank Croslin Sr. said he and his wife did not know their son was going to change his plea to no contest on Thursday. But, he said, they support him.
http://www.ocala.com/article/201006...news?Title=Misty-Croslin-trial-set-for-Aug-23

Misty is getting fat, and Tommy is losing weight. Wonder if Misty will read this in the paper? The vanity might get to her and cause her to talk when nothing else has worked. We know she only cares about herself!

But......if they combined all his charges (B&E's, possession) won't that be added in? I heard his attorney had them all combined. I can't see him only be sentenced for trafficking.

I don't know about that; he pleaded no contest to the trafficking charges. From what I understand, that's all that was happening in court today. Perhaps they'll deal with the other charges at sentencing, if there's an agreement to lump them in.

Does this mean Lindsy was a no-show? Where has the love gone? (funny)

Debs, in the second article it says he plead guilty to trafficking and possession. Were they from the same arrest, or was "possession" from the bus stop charge? I'm still curious about the B&E's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member