2010.06.18 Questionnaire -Students, parents asked about Kyron again

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
*snipped for space

I think that is what they are doing as well. It's worth a shot, but it's only going to work if whatever happened to Kyron was an accident or impulsive "snapped" thing and the perpetrator feels bad about it. If this was a planned, deliberate act, I don't think psychological warfare will get far with a person capable of planning and carrying out the cold-blooded murder of a 7 year old child.

At this point I don't think LE knows what else to do, honestly. I think they have a very strong suspicion about who is responsible for Kyron's disappearance, but little evidence to back it up.

It wouldn't necessarily have to be intended to force a confession. They might want to force/trick/mislead the perp into making a move, such as going back to the location or dumping evidence.

Oh I don't know. My gut tells me they're being very smart about this, and while it may not work for every case where a child goes missing or is abducted, it's certainly working in this one. And it may not be Terri they're trying to break.

Are you thinking it might be someone saw or knows something and have been keeping quiet and are feeling guilty for the focus on TH?

I wish I felt confident that the police know what they are doing...

IMO the questionnaire is a very smart strategy. I beieve that fear pushes memories into the background of one's mind. And I believe this is especially true in the case of small children.It is a survival instinct. It is only now, a few weeks later, that most kids who were there that day,will start to feel somewhat safer,to relax a little. And this is when I would expect some interesting memories to float to the surface.

Most children,and their parents will (hopefully) feel safe and secure enough to sit around their kitchen tables,and discuss what they really saw that morning. It might be surprising what pops up when no LE is there...

Another element of the questionnaire is that it gives LE something concrete with which to confront a suspect. If a POI says " I left the school that morning alone ", LE could say to them " Strange,because we have these 20 people who say they saw you leaving with Kyron , How can that be ? " ( just an example ).

Great idea IMO....

I think they may wind up with a desk full of reports that vary wildly and put them in more of a quandry. I hope they are not seriously expecting to use this as a key to their next move. I think kids memories' worsen with time and all of them have had to heard way too much discussion by now, no matter how careful adults try to be. I am not getting the point of this whole thing at all.

What is also weird to me, to those who believe this is more a strategic move, is that up until LE passed this thing out, they were spending time in front of cameras justifying the behavior of the family, including Terry. I suppose this could all be a game of some sort, but I still fear it is more an act of depseration.

I would like to know why that wasn't sent home with the Monday after Kyron went missing......they wait ALL this time, and then send that out?
My guess is, that after much investigating, searching, and spending time with the Hormans, in their home, LE then narrowed the focus of their investigation. It became a criminal investigation, not a missing/endangered one.

It appears to some people, including myself, that the step-mother is the focus of the investigation into the crime against her step-son.

MY OPINION

I agree that she is the focus, but I hope it is based on more than the fact that they can't find anyone else who could have done it.

I still have a funny feeling about this questionnaire thing, as though it is a shot in the dark kind of thing and may backfire. I am sure they questioned everyone pretty thoroughly the first time and they are letting themselves in for all sorts of contradictions, which will need to be cleared up, etc...and put them back to where I am afraid they are, at square one. Kids may start pulling scary people out of the air from dreams they have had since this happened, for all we know.

Of course, what do I know-they may make an arrest tomorrow. Maybe LE decided they weren't getting anywhere by being nice and coming out to defend Terri, so they would do a 360 and try this angle.

Oh I don't know. My gut tells me they're being very smart about this, and while it may not work for every case where a child goes missing or is abducted, it's certainly working in this one. And it may not be Terri they're trying to break.

. . . . but maybe still gathering info on an accomplice who did the disposal. :waitasec:

It wouldn't necessarily have to be intended to force a confession. They might want to force/trick/mislead the perp into making a move, such as going back to the location or dumping evidence.

ITA Well, the officer is in that school parking lot right now taking the questionaires. {sp} I wonder if many have turned them in up there today?

IMHO they are not going to make any arrests until they are able to recover Kyron or get really good info about where he is. Once an arrest is made, the clock starts ticking quickly and they (the DA) have to be ready to go in front of a judge and be prepared for an indictment.

No DA is going to allow LE to make an arrest if they don't have enough evidence to prove their case in a court of law. Rumors won't cut it. Suspicions won't cut it. Internet bloggers won't help. Weird postings on social media sites isn't going to make the entire case either. There must be evidence that they can point to, other than what they've got thus far. They aren't there yet.

. . . . but maybe still gathering info on an accomplice who did the disposal. :waitasec:

She's physically strong, so she didn't *need* help.

I'm still not convinced she did it, or that she had an accomplice. How do these people who are willing to kill and dispose of a child meet each other? I mean, statistically, what percentage of the general public can do something like that?

I looked over some of the cases I've followed over the years, the parameters being that the child was missing, found dead, and a stranger was not involved. In the cases I remember, the perp has always been either a parent or a neighbor. Unfortunately, the operative words are "I remember". I went back to 1990 cases, but I don't claim to know about or remember all of them.

This case, from what LE has said, does not involve abduction by a stranger, yet we have no idea whether any of the 4 parents or the neighbors have been effectively cleared by LE. All we know is that SM has been targeted in those questionnaires.

I keep wondering whether LE is trying to smoke out someone else and is using SM as bait. But I cannot recall a case in which LE played head games with the public like this while they were after someone else. Can anyone else remember LE doing that? The head games don't have to be via a questionnaire.

Are you thinking it might be someone saw or knows something and have been keeping quiet and are feeling guilty for the focus on TH?

I think that they are trying to make TH the "perp" so the real perp becomes laxed and makes a move.

In my heart of hearts, I don't think Kyron has passed (and yes, I have already spent my fair share in the astrology part of this forum board.)

I still have my hopes, and Kyron is one of them.

One of the oddest things about the questionnaire, to me, is that they were asked to be dropped off @ the school to LE on Father's Day.

I balked when I read that. They could have picked any day - why this Sunday - Father's Day?

Someone mentioned a psyop.

WOW, Ms Finister was on KOIN tonight in interview who is so upset that TH's image has not been given as the best on the internet. What can I say except if her story had matched where she was that day, she would not be the object of speculation right now like she is, eh?

Not much else new, just 10 hours today of collecting questionaires at the Skyline school PL. I am glad they are getting them back and hope from almost everyone who was there the day he vanished.

She's physically strong, so she didn't *need* help.

I'm still not convinced she did it, or that she had an accomplice. How do these people who are willing to kill and dispose of a child meet each other? I mean, statistically, what percentage of the general public can do something like that?

I looked over some of the cases I've followed over the years, the parameters being that the child was missing, found dead, and a stranger was not involved. In the cases I remember, the perp has always been either a parent or a neighbor. Unfortunately, the operative words are "I remember". I went back to 1990 cases, but I don't claim to know about or remember all of them.

This case, from what LE has said, does not involve abduction by a stranger, yet we have no idea whether any of the 4 parents or the neighbors have been effectively cleared by LE. All we know is that SM has been targeted in those questionnaires.

I keep wondering whether LE is trying to smoke out someone else and is using SM as bait. But I cannot recall a case in which LE played head games with the public like this while they were after someone else. Can anyone else remember LE doing that? The head games don't have to be via a questionnaire.

Great post Roughly, I've thought and thought about that. I think that Sheriff Corona in little Samantha Runion's case came close to it. He spoke directly to the perp, targeting him, and in not so many words letting the guy know he was going down.

That would be head games with a perp tho and not the public.

Man 'O Man as Dr John would say lol Guess I need to give that a bit more thought !!!

Maybe the DC snipers? They had that police chief who had been Police chief in Portland Or previously, not especially well liked as I remember. He was very vociferous with the public as I remember.

Thought this would be the best forum to post a reminder article (from June 13th) saying that LE requested traffic footage for both June 3rd (day before) AND June 4th (day of) Kyron went missing.

Link with requested roads:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/investigators_seek_traffic_foo.html

Re: questionnaire - I do think they are needing not only Skyline Elementary input, but community input on all activity, and now they specifically are needing verification for TH and the white pick up. And not just the day he was missing. To either verify or refute info they have been told, or plain get more info on the whole 48 hours surrounding Kyron going missing....

I think they may wind up with a desk full of reports that vary wildly and put them in more of a quandry. I hope they are not seriously expecting to use this as a key to their next move. I think kids memories' worsen with time and all of them have had to heard way too much discussion by now, no matter how careful adults try to be. I am not getting the point of this whole thing at all.

What is also weird to me, to those who believe this is more a strategic move, is that up until LE passed this thing out, they were spending time in front of cameras justifying the behavior of the family, including Terry. I suppose this could all be a game of some sort, but I still fear it is more an act of depseration.

Respectfully, the memories of children,who live through a traumatic event, get pushed far back into their minds. Only when they feel safe will the most detailed memories surrounding the trauma surface ; now that school is out the main focus of potential anxiety is gone....

JMO

Me, myself and I - IMO - would be more interested in the older students (grades 6-8) that saw anything or have anything to offer. But, then again, they might not have seen much at all - it could be those grades are in a "different part" of the school.

I worked a 5 - 8 very rural school years ago. I was 5th grade - we were very careful about the "segregation" of the 5th grades to the 6,7,8 grades. Bus detail in the afternoon was quite interesting. Our parents were somewhat concerned as well - we had our own little wing and rarely left it.

So, IF any of the older kids had younger siblings or, were by chance, down in the primary wing - I would be quite interested in what they have to recollect.

WOW, Ms Finister was on KOIN tonight in interview who is so upset that TH's image has not been given as the best on the internet. What can I say except if her story had matched where she was that day, she would not be the object of speculation right now like she is, eh?

Not much else new, just 10 hours today of collecting questionaires at the Skyline school PL. I am glad they are getting them back and hope from almost everyone who was there the day he vanished.

Well, we don't know if her story matched.

She was the subject of speculation from the start.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/06/parents_others_from_community.html

Snipped & BBM

Cars and trucks pulled periodically into the parking lot at Skyline School, where Multnomah County authorities waited in the drizzle Sunday to collect questionnaires that they hope will bring new clues to help them find missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman.

Chris Feryn was among about the 80 parents who dropped off a questionnaire by 5 p.m.

Feryn's son just finished seventh grade at Skyline and had answered questions in the days since Horman was last seen at the school on June 4.

"He didn't have a lot of information the first time," Feryn said about his son. "We'll try to help out however we can."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back