2010.06.18 Questionnaire -Students, parents asked about Kyron again

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are you thinking it might be someone saw or knows something and have been keeping quiet and are feeling guilty for the focus on TH?

No one lives in a vacuum. Someone out there knows, suspects, saw something. I think by now they would have received all the tips they're going to from everyone who knows or suspects something and is willing to provide that info to LE. I thought Gates comment about "jogging someone's memory" was pretty telling. I think everyone present on Friday who weren't involved in --- or have a reason to protect the person involved in --- his disappearance, have gone through that day over and over in their minds, searching for any memory, any clue that could lead LE to Kyron. Therefore I think Gates' comments were directed to the person(s) who took Kyron and those who know more than they've been willing to disclose.

I honestly believe everything is being directed and scripted by some pretty smart people behind the scenes. Heck, I think using Gates' as the press spokesperson fits into this; MCSO has a PIO, so why pick him? Also of interest to me that Captain Gates wasn't present at every press conference. I may go back and see if I can pick up on a common theme of the ones he led vs those led by other officers and personnel.

What do you think it means, or does it mean anything, that if an adult didn't see Kyron they get asked if they saw Terri or the truck but if a child didn't see Kyron they aren't?

http://www.flashalertnewswire.net/i.../36184/061410.SchoolQuestionnaireadobe.hm.pdf

Both groups (adults & children) are asked if they saw TH and/or the white Ford pickup, according to the questionnaire.

The adult respondents of the questionnaire are asked to skip to question #8 if they didn't see Kyron @ the school, and the child respondents are asked to skip to question #6 if they didn't see Kyron @ the school.

The part on the questionnaire they're asked to skip to ask questions about both TH & the white ford pickup.

I don't like this questionnaire thing at all. It's almost as if they didn't get the answers they were after the first time, so they are trying again, and that remark from the mother that they were "helping" the child to remember? That is exactly what I was afraid of; children are eager to please and eager to be in the spotlight, but I assume LE knows that. So why are they asking them again two weeks later?

I predict this project is going to be anything but helpful and potentially harnful to any future case. And it still scares me that they might be doing this because they don't know a thing.

I don't like this questionnaire thing at all. It's almost as if they didn't get the answers they were after the first time, so they are trying again, and that remark from the mother that they were "helping" the child to remember? That is exactly what I was afraid of; children are eager to please and eager to be in the spotlight, but I assume LE knows that. So why are they asking them again two weeks later?

I predict this project is going to be anything but helpful and potentially harnful to any future case. And it still scares me that they might be doing this because they don't know a thing.

That's why I believe it's not being used to gather evidence. At least not in the way they'd like people to think.

And everyone who turns in a questionnaire will have handily turned in a set of fingerprints.

Clever.

And everyone who turns in a questionnaire will have handily turned in a set of fingerprints.

Clever.

I disagree. What about the option to email in the questionnaire? Would they then suspect these people as trying to hide something cause they didn't drop the form off in person?

JMO

And everyone who turns in a questionnaire will have handily turned in a set of fingerprints. Clever.

BINGO! And a handwriting sample ;)

I also can't help thinking that, given the rather juvenile font of the questionnaire, LE is directing their questions more towards children - i.e. Kyron's classmates - than adults who might have been in the school the day that Kyron disappeared. This might be solely my opinion, but one of the first things that I observed about the widely-distributed questionnaire was that it looked like pages from a second grade textbook! jmo

"hi, this is officer xyz from the MCSO. I received your emailed survey, and would you mind coming down and signing it for us? Just a detail we need for our files. kthxbi."

I think LE has had a specific suspect in mind this whole time. I feel that from the first day Kyron disappeared, 'they' have known who it is. I feel the lack of media attention, no public pleas, the family's quietness-were possibly to not spook the suspect. I think when the family did do a press conference, their level of discomfort was obvious-above and beyond the discomfort of being their to discuss a missing child, This family was stiff and uncomfortable-very tense. I think they knew public pleas and media buzz could put Kyron at greater risk. That PC was done to appease the public. Sadly, I think Kyron has probably passed, as their body language and comments now seem to be they know he is not with us anymore-but they want to apprehend the suspect, and find Kyron.. I believe the suspect is known to the family,- or known as to who it is- by the family. He probably is not a stranger to Kyron, but even if he were, it would have been easy to get Kyron to leave by saying something along the lines of "Your mom is hurt-or in the hospital-I came to get you." What 7 year year old would not run out the door at this news, to go to his mom? It could be a relative, it could be an angry criminal seeking revenge on the stepfather...it could be a sex offender who had an opportunity in a crowded school-but I don't feel LE thinks it is TH. I do feel they have a good idea who it is.. I have felt this way from the start, and I can't exactly say why, except for the way LE has handled this whole case, which is decidedly different from 'average'. TH may not have acted the way people 'think' she should have acted, but this also may be because she isn't in the same shoes as parents of other missing children who truly do not know who has the child or where it is. I think they were trying to stay a jump ahead in the beginning-then something happened to cause them to lose optimism and hope. I think TH is willingly being a scapegoat, to ensure recovery of Kyron (hopefully alive) and apprehension of the suspect. This is just my opinion.

"hi, this is officer xyz from the MCSO. I received your emailed survey, and would you mind coming down and signing it for us? Just a detail we need for our files. kthxbi."

That's good. lol

I think LE has had a specific suspect in mind this whole time. I feel that from the first day Kyron disappeared, 'they' have known who it is. I feel the lack of media attention, no public pleas, the family's quietness-were possibly to not spook the suspect. I think when the family did do a press conference, their level of discomfort was obvious-above and beyond the discomfort of being their to discuss a missing child, This family was stiff and uncomfortable-very tense. I think they knew public pleas and media buzz could put Kyron at greater risk. That PC was done to appease the public. Sadly, I think Kyron has probably passed, as their body language and comments now seem to be they know he is not with us anymore-but they want to apprehend the suspect, and find Kyron.. I believe the suspect is known to the family,- or known as to who it is- by the family. He probably is not a stranger to Kyron, but even if he were, it would have been easy to get Kyron to leave by saying something along the lines of "Your mom is hurt-or in the hospital-I came to get you." What 7 year year old would not run out the door at this news, to go to his mom? It could be a relative, it could be an angry criminal seeking revenge on the stepfather...it could be a sex offender who had an opportunity in a crowded school-but I don't feel LE thinks it is TH. I do feel they have a good idea who it is.. I have felt this way from the start, and I can't exactly say why, except for the way LE has handled this whole case, which is decidedly different from 'average'. TH may not have acted the way people 'think' she should have acted, but this also may be because she isn't in the same shoes as parents of other missing children who truly do not know who has the child or where it is. I think they were trying to stay a jump ahead in the beginning-then something happened to cause them to lose optimism and hope. I think TH is willingly being a scapegoat, to ensure recovery of Kyron (hopefully alive) and apprehension of the suspect. This is just my opinion.

But she is not willingly being a scapegoat...she is complaining via her friend about having to take another lie detector, answering so many questions and all of the internet specualtion so that does not work for me.

She's physically strong, so she didn't *need* help.

I'm still not convinced she did it, or that she had an accomplice. How do these people who are willing to kill and dispose of a child meet each other? I mean, statistically, what percentage of the general public can do something like that?

snipped just to save space....

I remember a time when my fourth son was four years old. He was a little chunk, but I managed to pick him up and carry him easily.......until one day he had a severe asthma attack and went unconscious on the way to the hospital. I tried and tried to get him out of the car, but dead weight is way, way different from live weight. I had to lean on the horn and let the emergency room crew carry my baby into the hospital. I just couldn't seem to get him up and out of the car door. So I know that a "live child" is easier to transport than an unconscious or deceased one.......but in this case, I don't know of anyone SM would have to help her dispose of a body.

BINGO! And a handwriting sample ;)

I also can't help thinking that, given the rather juvenile font of the questionnaire, LE is directing their questions more towards children - i.e. Kyron's classmates - than adults who might have been in the school the day that Kyron disappeared. This might be solely my opinion, but one of the first things that I observed about the widely-distributed questionnaire was that it looked like pages from a second grade textbook! jmo

That questionnaire is very puzzling, IMO. I can't decide if it points to Terri as someone LE is focusing on, or what! I do agree that it is written in a very "child friendly" manner and I hope LE learns something new. Maybe they think someone will be more forthcoming if they can write it out instead of saying something outloud?

Since the answers could be emailed in, I don't think it necessarily follows that LE is looking for fingerprints or signatures, although that sure would make for an interesting twist.

But she is not willingly being a scapegoat...she is complaining via her friend about having to take another lie detector, answering so many questions and all of the internet specualtion so that does not work for me.

Well, if LE asked me to be a scapegoat, I'd do that too. No point in taking the part if one can't play it well.

Has anyone ever heard of a missing child case in which a purported POI was asked by LE to pretend to be guilty? I have not, which is why I don't think that is the situation here. If SM is innocent and is playacting to help with the investigation, that situation would be an aberration.

I do, however, agree with cluciano63. It doesn't work for me, either.

I find it ridiculous to think LE is playing a game to make Terri look guilty to the public in order to trap someone else. If they are doing it, I think it is because they have no idea what happened to Kyron and are hoping it is Terri, or else they are in big trouble. They don't have a Plan B.

I do not mean to say that anyone who believes this ridiculous...I just find it to be so, if they are doing this and I don't believe they are.

I do not think they're playing a game. I think they're absolutely serious. Terri knows what happened to Kyron because she did it, or Terri knows who did what to Kyron and is covering for that person, or Terri cannot be cleared until someone can come up with a definitive statement saying "No, I saw and talked to Terri about xyz and then we both walked to our vehicles parked really close to each other and I ended up following her nearly all the way back to her house." Or something like that.

However, I do not believe this is a game. It is absolutely not a game.

Maybe someone has mentioned this before but I'm not seeing it. Where was Kyron's stepbrother this day? A light bulb went off. It would explain who he could have gone with, and why the SM looks so distracted in the press conference.

If not him, my bet is on a classmate's parent. And it might be someone the family knows has been friendly with Kyron in the past but they are keeping this close to their chests for the time being as this other person is investigated. There is something not right about the looks on the faces of the Dad and Stepmom. Distracted, lost in thought, guilty...can't put my finger on it.

Clever.

The thing is though, they were allowed to turn it in via email as well, or am I wrong about that?
Was it mandatory to turn in the questionnaire by hand if you were involved/present/enrolled in Skyline Elem?

If not him, my bet is on a classmate's parent. And it might be someone the family knows has been friendly with Kyron in the past but they are keeping this close to their chests for the time being as this other person is investigated. There is something not right about the looks on the faces of the Dad and Stepmom. Distracted, lost in thought, guilty...can't put my finger on it.

The feeling I get when looking at the SM is someone who is racking her brain, who could have done this? It is very stressfull and mind boggling when you suddenly cannot trust people you have known for a long time knowing one of them may be the perpetrator. That is the feeling and sense I get anyways.

The thing is though, they were allowed to turn it in via email as well, or am I wrong about that?
Was it mandatory to turn in the questionnaire by hand if you were involved/present/enrolled in Skyline Elem?

"Eighty had been returned by 5 p.m. Sunday. But forms can still be turned in later, directly to the Washington County Sheriff's Office, or by downloading the form and emailing the answers to skyline.flyer@mcso.us . Although the emphasis is on people who live near, or were near, the Skyline School area on June 4, deputies aren't going to ignore relevant information sent in from elsewhere." <snipped>

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopul...on-His-Stepmother/RmbSiibLPkWFfkVIiqD7rw.cspx

I haven't read anywhere that said they were mandatory.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ebilling
Back